Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 09-21-2013, 08:40 AM   #241
firstwdw
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyFEB2013 View Post
We are staying at Port Orleans in early February 2014. Excited but nervous. We stayed at WL last year and while it was nice, we weren't blown away. Lobby was beautiful as were the grounds, rooms were not $350 a night room.... Just your standard hotel room. Just didn't feel the price was worth it. If you have stayed at both, which did you like better? Hoping we love POR!!
We stayed at WL in 2012 and then POR this past May 2013. We loved both! But I will say that we liked the following at POR better: playground, arcade, food court, pool and pool slide. At WL we really enjoyed the boat transportation to MK and the overall feel of the resort. We truly liked both resorts for different reasons but our wallet liked POR better! POR also has the fishing, nightly entertainment in the lounge, surrey bikes and boat rentals......lots of options!
Old 09-21-2013, 08:58 AM   #242
CDolacki2003
DIS Veteran

Does anyone know if the store sells creamer or half n half? We wanted some for the room and if they don't have it I may try to bring some in our check in luggage.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
Oct 2014- 1 day in EPCOT
Dec 2016- planning CSR (if all goes well)
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-21-2013, 09:00 AM   #243
sunset7132
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDolacki2003 View Post
Does anyone know if the store sells creamer or half n half? We wanted some for the room and if they don't have it I may try to bring some in our check in luggage.

I brought creamer in my luggagec last year and it was a waste. You can grab individual creamers from the soda station and bring them back to your room
Old 09-21-2013, 10:45 AM   #244
Jpe87
Earning My Ears

We will be checking into POR on Oct. 12 for seven nights. My party consists of 3 adults and 3 children. We have booked two standard rooms and requested them to be connecting. This is our only request. Does anyone know what our chances are of getting connecting rooms? Thanks
Old 09-21-2013, 10:58 AM   #245
siskaren
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOVEMY3KIDDOS View Post
Question (because I couldn't find the answer in the search )

What is allowable for decorating your windows? My daughter wants to decorate for Halloween when we get there and then for Christmas before we leave since we are doing both. We grabbed some little things at Target. They need to be hung. Can we use tape or does it need to be like suction cup type hangers?
Quote:
Originally Posted by jseiden420 View Post
Great question! We plan on doing the same thing. Hope someone has a definitive answer.

Also, any updates on the fridge situation, Andre?
I would use the suction cups; tape could leave residue or be difficult to remove.

Check the first post for updates on the fridge situation.
Old 09-21-2013, 11:05 AM   #246
JKMadyson
Earning My Ears

I will be staying here from Sept 29 - Oct 4th! I am traveling with my younger sister, in celebration of our 21st / 25th birthdays
Old 09-21-2013, 11:06 AM   #247
mickey1968
Mouseketeer

I am not a coffee drinker at all. I like my caffeine cold and fizzy!

However, I was thinking of bringing some of the instant oatmeal and cream of wheat packets for breakfasts in the room. Does anyone know if you can run hot water through the coffee maker to use for this? and if so, did it still taste like coffee?

thanks

May 2014 - Pop Century, F&G and SWW • Oct./Nov. 2013 - PORS, MNSSHP and Food & Wine • Oct./Nov. 2012 - Pop Century, MNSSHP and Food & Wine • May 2012 - Pop Century, SWW, F&G • Nov. 2011 - POFQ, MVMCP, right after Thanksgiving • 2002 - short visit after conference • 1990s - several trips staying off-site; even did Uni 2x • 1991 - WDW College Program (Spring) • 1985 - First trip with parents at age 16 or 17

Old 09-21-2013, 12:38 PM   #248
maxiesmom
The Mean Squinty Eye Works Wonders

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jpe87 View Post
We will be checking into POR on Oct. 12 for seven nights. My party consists of 3 adults and 3 children. We have booked two standard rooms and requested them to be connecting. This is our only request. Does anyone know what our chances are of getting connecting rooms? Thanks
The earlier in the day you check in the better odds you have of getting connecting rooms. We have only not gotten them one time out of requesting them five times.
Old 09-21-2013, 12:52 PM   #249
TDDisney
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyFEB2013 View Post
We are staying at Port Orleans in early February 2014. Excited but nervous. We stayed at WL last year and while it was nice, we weren't blown away. Lobby was beautiful as were the grounds, rooms were not $350 a night room.... Just your standard hotel room. Just didn't feel the price was worth it. If you have stayed at both, which did you like better? Hoping we love POR!!
We have stayed at both :-)...POR Oct. 2004, POR Oct. 2010, WL Dec. 2011...I definitely prefer POR, as does my family....We are going back to POR in 14 days...woohoo! The only exception would be maybe Christmastime. I enjoyed being at WL for Christmas decorations / seemed more Christmassy, if that makes sense . Otherwise, I would definitely chose POR. I totally agree about the expense of the rooms at WL. I suppose the advantage to staying at WL over POR would be the convenience of the boat to MK, or Contemporary to hop on monorail. You don't have that at POR. However, the grounds and peacefulness of POR is just fabulous, plus you can take their boat to Downtown Disney.
Old 09-21-2013, 12:54 PM   #250
TDDisney
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jpe87 View Post
We requested, and got, connecting rooms in Oct. 2010...and we didn't check into the resort until about 9:30 pm due to a late flight.
Old 09-21-2013, 12:55 PM   #251
bigmac5
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOVEMY3KIDDOS View Post
Question (because I couldn't find the answer in the search )

What is allowable for decorating your windows? My daughter wants to decorate for Halloween when we get there and then for Christmas before we leave since we are doing both. We grabbed some little things at Target. They need to be hung. Can we use tape or does it need to be like suction cup type hangers?
we plan on doing that time frame in 3 years--it will be a girls only trip No kids and no hubbies but I was wanting to decorate too
Old 09-21-2013, 01:00 PM   #252
bigmac5
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDolacki2003 View Post

They also have half and half dispensor by one of the coffee dispensors(half and half on one side and coffee mate creamer on the other side)
Old 09-21-2013, 01:01 PM   #253
Cindee75
Earning My Ears

Just made final payment for our November trip. Now just counting down the days only 55 days until we check in to PORS. We have paid for garden view and would like to be close to transportation and main building in AB (we are a family of 5.) What buildings would be good to request in my fax? Also, how far away with slow waliking children am I looking at if we get a futher out room assignment? I do realize not everyone can get close rooms and we were not able to book perfered with FD or I would have paid for it. Thanks PS I love this thread and have made it my Saturday quiet time to get caught up on all the great advise.
Old 09-21-2013, 01:08 PM   #254
andrewilley
Port Orleans Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cindee75 View Post
We have paid for garden view and would like to be close to transportation and main building in AB (we are a family of 5.) What buildings would be good to request in my fax? Also, how far away with slow waliking children am I looking at if we get a futher out room assignment?
Ask for 16 or 17 (or just ask for a room close to the main building as possible). The longest walk would be about 500 yards, so no more than 10 mins with slow walkers (6-7 mins max at a reasonable speed). Expect it to take longer the first time you try by the way, until you work out the best route for you.

Andre

For more info on the Port Orleans resorts, please visit www.portorleans.org
Now including a Trip Report forum - any comments on your POR/POFQ stays are welcome

Days Inn Lakeside: Apr/May 89 • Disney's Wilderness Lodge: Feb 99 • Disney's Beach Club: Sep 07, Sep 09
Disney's Dixie Landings: Jul/Aug 95, Oct 96, Sep/Oct 97, Feb 99
Disney's Port Orleans Riverside: Sep/Oct 02, Jun 04, May/Jun 05, May 06, Oct 07, Aug 08, Aug 09, Feb 10, Halloween 10, Aug 11, Aug 12, Feb 13, Aug 13... and coming next, Aug 14
Old 09-21-2013, 01:39 PM   #255
Lisadaa2
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstwdw View Post
We stayed at WL in 2012 and then POR this past May 2013. We loved both! But I will say that we liked the following at POR better: playground, arcade, food court, pool and pool slide. At WL we really enjoyed the boat transportation to MK and the overall feel of the resort. We truly liked both resorts for different reasons but our wallet liked POR better! POR also has the fishing, nightly entertainment in the lounge, surrey bikes and boat rentals......lots of options!
Ditto to everything you said. We loved WL. Thought it was beautiful and loved the boat ride to MK and just being close to MK. If my husband had his way we would be staying there again. But he liked POR and I loved it!! I like walking around the grounds better because they are so pretty. I loved the food court more too. Way more choices. I enjoyed the piano man and so did my kids. The rooms are similar in size and we are hardly in them besides sleeping. I honestly can't see spending the money at WL when POR is just as nice.
Closed Thread

Tags
faq, por, port orleans riverside

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: