Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 12-29-2013, 09:20 AM   #2521
mdsouth
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewilley View Post
No, sorry, they don't supply roll-away beds any more. I guess your 11 year olds are both very tall then, as my daughter was fine on the murphy bed and she was 12-and-a-half and fairly tall at the time too (5' 2.5"). You could always bring an inflatable single mattress, a lot of people do that and they fit into the room very well. The resort would supply bedding if you ask. Andre
I am looking into POR for a friend that has five. I had to laugh at your statement about your DD being fairly tall for her age at 5'2" at age 12. Everything is so relative to perception my DD is 5'4" and only 10 years old.

Is there any dimensions for the Murphy bed?

Feb 9-16, 2014 - PORFQ with S/P/D offer
Summer 2009 - CSR
May 2005 - CBR

Trip Reports:
For the First Time in Forever - A Trip to See My Son March in MK Feb 2014

http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post52227352

I must be completely insane or not! June/July 2009 TR http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2159070
Old 12-29-2013, 09:47 AM   #2522
Evangeline76
Earning My Ears

9 days til our first stay at POR! I'm so excited I can't stand it!!!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-29-2013, 10:01 AM   #2523
3smithboys
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewilley View Post
No, sorry, they don't supply roll-away beds any more. I guess your 11 year olds are both very tall then, as my daughter was fine on the murphy bed and she was 12-and-a-half and fairly tall at the time too (5' 2.5").

You could always bring an inflatable single mattress, a lot of people do that and they fit into the room very well. The resort would supply bedding if you ask.

Andre
Thanks for your quick answer.... if your daughter was ok, then one of my twins should be ok too, thanks! They are about 5'1 - but the pictures of the Murphy beds that I have looked at did not look big enough to fit a child that big!!! I trust you!!! That is great news.... We are also driving and can bring an inflatable mattress too, so it is nice to know it is allowed, if necessary.
Old 12-29-2013, 11:02 AM   #2524
Annedoodle
Earning My Ears

Headed to POR in 5 days!!!!

This is our first time at POR (POP movies 10 years ago), and I have a question for the "veterans"...

We are traveling with my parents, my 4 kids, my cousin and her fiancé, so 10 in all.

I am not concerned with my cousin and her fiancé's room being close to us. But I have a few requirements for my parents and our rooms. We absolutely need connecting rooms. My dad had a traumatic brain injury a year and a half ago and with 2 of my kids being in their room, we need to be on hand to help each other.

We also need a working refrigerator (youngest son is on an injectable med that needs to be refrigerated). Are the fridges fixed?

We used a disney travel agent to book our vacation. (Love her)

Should I send a fax, leave it (we did request that when we made our reservation), or call?

I don't want to be a "pain", but it would make life happy-go-lucky.

Thanks in advance,

Anne

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
<Script language='Javascript'>var rndNum = Math.floor(Math.random() * 10000);eval("var CDTDate" + rndNum + " = 'April 22, 2004 8:00:00 AM MST';");document.writeln("<form name='CDTform" + rndNum + "' action='Javascript:void(0);'>");document.writeln(' <font size=2 color=darkblue>Our first trip to Disney World!!! </font><br>');document.writeln("<input type=text value='' size=40 name='WrittenByJamesMVenglarikII'>");document.writ eln("</form>");if (theFunction) theFunction += "var d = new Date();";else var theFunction = "var d = new Date();";theFunction += "var c = new Date('" + eval("CDTDate" + rndNum) + "');";theFunction += "var diff = (c - d)/1000;";theFunction += "var days = Math.floor(diff / 86400);";theFunction += "var rem = diff - (days * 86400);";theFunction += "var hours = Math.floor(rem / 3600);";theFunction += "rem = rem - (hours * 3600);";theFunction += "var minutes = Math.floor(rem / 60);";theFunction += "rem = rem - (minutes * 60);";theFunction += "var seconds = Math.floor(rem);";theFunction += "if ((days < 0) | (hours < 0) | (minutes < 0) | (seconds < 0)) ";theFunction += "var out = 'In the Land of Magic!';";theFunction += "else ";theFunction += "var out = ' ' + days + ' days ' + hours + ' hrs. ' + minutes + ' mins. ' + seconds + ' secs.';";theFunction += "document.forms.CDTform" + rndNum + ".elements.WrittenByJamesMVenglarikII.value = out;";setInterval(theFunction, 1000);</Script>
Old 12-29-2013, 11:27 AM   #2525
wendybeth75
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by delyrium View Post
Hi, people! Just booked a standard room at POR for 4/2-4/9. I am stupid excited over this. I booked a standard room through hotels.com, and requested building 16, 17, or 85. I'm hoping we don't have to do a huge amount of walking to get to and from the buses and food court with our little ones. Do you think it's pretty likely the request will be honored even though we only have a standard room?
We have always been granted our requests with Mansion rooms.

July 2000 Off Property,Oct 2003 All Star sports, Apr 2011 POR, Sept 2011 POR, Oct 2012 BC, Dec 2012 POR, Oct 2013 POLY, Dec 2013 Caribe Royale, Apr 2014 AKL/WL-CL June 2014 POR, October 2014 POR

Old 12-29-2013, 11:54 AM   #2526
Sue M
DIS Veteran

Anne I would send a fax 4-5 days ahead of arrival detailing your concerns and needs, and the reasons why. The more info the room assignors have, the better they will be able to book what you need.
Yes, I do believe Andre said all the fridges were in. But be sure to say about medical need. Have a great trip.
Aug 2003 WDW Marriott Courtyard, [B]Aug 2005 [/BSeaWorld, Universal, Busch Gardens Hilton Garden Inn, ]Aug 2007 WDW CBR, Jan 2008WDW WL, Aug 2008St. Pete Beach, Universal-HRH, Sea Workd & Aquatica- Hyatt Place & Doubletree, Jan 2009WDW AKL, Aug 2009Key West Sheraton Suites, Cocoa Beach Hampton Inn, & WDW POR/WL, Jan 2010WDW Poly, Jan 2011WDW POR, Aug 2011WDW POR/BC CL, Jan 2012WDW WL, Aug 2012AKL CL, Jan. 2013POFQ Aug. 2013 WDW Pop, GF, YC Jan 2014POR, Aug 2014 Universal Portofino Bay, & WDW GF,

Next trip January 2015 POR Riverside

Last edited by Sue M; 12-29-2013 at 12:02 PM.
Old 12-29-2013, 12:01 PM   #2527
Sue M
DIS Veteran

Safe travels to all those leaving soon Exacyly this time & day next month I'll be pulling into POR I know the time now will fly by. I'm going to start my packing, putting things aside, and washing. I sure don't need my capris & short sleeve tees here! So it's nice to be able to take my time packing for winter trips! I'm going to TRY not to over-pack this time
Aug 2003 WDW Marriott Courtyard, [B]Aug 2005 [/BSeaWorld, Universal, Busch Gardens Hilton Garden Inn, ]Aug 2007 WDW CBR, Jan 2008WDW WL, Aug 2008St. Pete Beach, Universal-HRH, Sea Workd & Aquatica- Hyatt Place & Doubletree, Jan 2009WDW AKL, Aug 2009Key West Sheraton Suites, Cocoa Beach Hampton Inn, & WDW POR/WL, Jan 2010WDW Poly, Jan 2011WDW POR, Aug 2011WDW POR/BC CL, Jan 2012WDW WL, Aug 2012AKL CL, Jan. 2013POFQ Aug. 2013 WDW Pop, GF, YC Jan 2014POR, Aug 2014 Universal Portofino Bay, & WDW GF,

Old 12-29-2013, 12:12 PM   #2528
siskaren
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdsouth View Post
From the first page of this thread (post #4), the Murphy bed is 63" x 30".
Old 12-29-2013, 12:15 PM   #2529
andrewilley
Port Orleans Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdsouth View Post
The bed is 63" long.

However do remember that people generally don't sleep "fully stretched out" and I've heard of many people a bit taller than that saying that they were perfectly comfortable with the pull-down bed.

Andre

For more info on the Port Orleans resorts, please visit www.portorleans.org
Now including a Trip Report forum - any comments on your POR/POFQ stays are welcome

Days Inn Lakeside: Apr/May 89 Disney's Wilderness Lodge: Feb 99Disney's Beach Club: Sep 07, Sep 09
Disney's Dixie Landings: Jul/Aug 95, Oct 96, Sep/Oct 97, Feb 99
Disney's Port Orleans Riverside: Sep/Oct 02, Jun 04, May/Jun 05, May 06, Oct 07, Aug 08, Aug 09, Feb 10, Halloween 10, Aug 11, Aug 12, Feb 13, Aug 13... and coming next, Aug 14
Old 12-29-2013, 06:08 PM   #2530
jcyoung
Mouseketeer

Quick question...someone posted on another thread that I subscribe to that they don't usually have very many POR rooms allocated for the discounts that they run (because POR is so popular), so it is super hard to get a discount on a POR package.

Does anyone know if this is true?

I'm REALLY hoping for a good discount for our visit in October (crossing fingers for FD, but I know that may be a long shot this year). If not, we may have to cut a day off of our trip.

We are a family of five, so POR is one of the only places we can stay. Deluxe resorts are out for us...we are park people, so those rooms are too expensive for a room we barely see or spend time in.

I am a Disney Visa cardholder, so in the past they have opened discounts to us a few days early. Any thoughts? Do I have any chance of getting a good discount?

I think we will go regardless, but I am an obsessive planner, and would love to have some idea if I need to start trimming our trip down a little bit.

Me DH DD(7) DS(6) DS(4)
Old 12-29-2013, 06:14 PM   #2531
klitteral2009
Mouseketeer

I know that for our stay in January we were able to get a room at POR with the SPD discount. They only had river view rooms available but they we're able to give us one! We are a family of 5 also and we're originally at AoA and switched.
Old 12-29-2013, 06:44 PM   #2532
princessanj
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcyoung View Post
Quick question...someone posted on another thread that I subscribe to that they don't usually have very many POR rooms allocated for the discounts that they run (because POR is so popular), so it is super hard to get a discount on a POR package. Does anyone know if this is true? I'm REALLY hoping for a good discount for our visit in October (crossing fingers for FD, but I know that may be a long shot this year). If not, we may have to cut a day off of our trip. We are a family of five, so POR is one of the only places we can stay. Deluxe resorts are out for us...we are park people, so those rooms are too expensive for a room we barely see or spend time in. I am a Disney Visa cardholder, so in the past they have opened discounts to us a few days early. Any thoughts? Do I have any chance of getting a good discount? I think we will go regardless, but I am an obsessive planner, and would love to have some idea if I need to start trimming our trip down a little bit.
Disney Visa holder here and we were able to book 5 person room at POR for our upcoming March trip on the discount there was limited availability because only the garden view rooms were on the discount. ( that's what the Disney cast member on the phone told me). We were actually already booked for a standard view before the discount came out but I called and they changed the reservation and saved us some money!!
Old 12-29-2013, 07:06 PM   #2533
Mama Steph
DIS Veteran

I received a pin code for free dining and booked it 3-4 days later. All room styles were still available at that time. I would think that if you're ready to book the day the discount becomes available you should be ok.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Old 12-29-2013, 07:20 PM   #2534
firstwdw
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Quick question...someone posted on another thread that I subscribe to that they don't usually have very many POR rooms allocated for the discounts that they run (because POR is so popular), so it is super hard to get a discount on a POR package.

I'm REALLY hoping for a good discount for our visit in October (crossing fingers for FD, but I know that may be a long shot this year). If not, we may have to cut a day off of our trip.

We are a family of five, so POR is one of the only places we can stay. Deluxe resorts are out for us...we are park people, so those rooms are too expensive for a room we barely see or spend time in.

I am a Disney Visa cardholder, so in the past they have opened discounts to us a few days early. Any thoughts? Do I have any chance of getting a good discount?

I think we will go regardless, but I am an obsessive planner, and would love to have some idea if I need to start trimming our trip down a little bit.
Last year, I booked a preferred room at POR with Disney Visa the day after the discount was released to Visa holders.
Old 12-30-2013, 02:29 AM   #2535
Sue M
DIS Veteran

Quote:

There are only a limited # of rooms at any wdw resort for each promo! and some resorts are excluded. So it's always best to book the day the promo is released. We have a Garden View at POR for the stay,play,dine promo.

Closed Thread

Tags
faq, por, port orleans riverside

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: