Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 09-19-2013, 03:56 AM   #166
Patrickprincess
HAVE A MAGICAL DAY

I leave for port Orleans Riverside in 12 hours and will arrive early tomorrow morning.
2013 WDW Royal Guest @Port Orleans Riverside. 2012WDW @ Royal Guest Port Orleans Riverside Disney Cruise line The Fantasy. 2004 WDW @ Port Orleans French Quarter. 2002 WDW Port Orleans Riverside, Disney cruise line The Wonder.2007 Disneyland@ The Disneyland Hotel. 2006 Disneyland @ The Paradise Hotel. 2000 Disneyland @ The Disneyland Hotel. 1999 1998,1996 Disneyland off sight hotels.
A proud Disney Stockholder
A Proud Seahawk Fan 2014 Super bowl Champions
A Seattle Mariner fan
Old 09-19-2013, 04:47 AM   #167
andrewilley
Port Orleans Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1GR8DISNEYFAN View Post
Just wondering what is the best floor to be on, or if it really makes any difference.
Many people prefer the upper floors as there is no one above you to be heavy-footed on your ceiling. But not so good if you have any mobility issues of course.

Andre

For more info on the Port Orleans resorts, please visit www.portorleans.org
Now including a Trip Report forum - any comments on your POR/POFQ stays are welcome

Days Inn Lakeside: Apr/May 89 Disney's Wilderness Lodge: Feb 99Disney's Beach Club: Sep 07, Sep 09
Disney's Dixie Landings: Jul/Aug 95, Oct 96, Sep/Oct 97, Feb 99
Disney's Port Orleans Riverside: Sep/Oct 02, Jun 04, May/Jun 05, May 06, Oct 07, Aug 08, Aug 09, Feb 10, Halloween 10, Aug 11, Aug 12, Feb 13, Aug 13... and coming next, Aug 14
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-19-2013, 05:39 AM   #168
CBDisney77
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by katielafave View Post
Only 16 days to go! We started planning at 180 days out and I can not believe it is finally almost here. Putting the finishing touches on everything and making (and remaking) my lists. From those who have been there recently - any last minute tips, tricks or things to bring? Our group is DD5, DD2, DH and I. I have been there many times before, but this is my first time as an adult and my first mod stay (stayed at All Star in high school). This is the first trip for both my girls. We haven't told them yet, but will be surprising them next week so we can do a short countdown. So excited!
We are 16 days out as well!! This will be our 6th trip with our DD4 but our first stay at POR.
Your girls will have a great time. One recommendation I would have is to pre-order disney photopass and stop at as many photographers as you can during your stay to capture all the great memories of your girls first trip! Also, if you are going to the Halloween party while you are there, I recommend dressing up it makes the party so much fun and you can get some great pictures. Hope your girls have a blast! I know it's been hard keeping the Disney secret.
Old 09-19-2013, 06:09 AM   #169
nat1234
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsmomo View Post
Were checking in Sunday to! I guess I should get on that fax request!
We check in Sunday as well. Looks like Sunday will be busy. Just got an email from Disney telling me our magic bands will be waiting for us when we arrive. One more shift today at work and we leave in the morning.

Old 09-19-2013, 06:22 AM   #170
alwaysdisney
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by nat1234 View Post

We check in Sunday as well. Looks like Sunday will be busy. Just got an email from Disney telling me our magic bands will be waiting for us when we arrive. One more shift today at work and we leave in the morning.
We are checking into the French Quarter on Wednesday. We are so excited.
Old 09-19-2013, 07:18 AM   #171
littlelovebug
Mouseketeer

I posted last night about all the pixie dust we've been receiving...and then I found out my best friend's cellphone chargers were stolen from her room in Acadian House. I feel awful!! She went to the front desk last night and was told that they would provide new chargers if they didn't "show up" by this morning...

Offsite 1984, 92 & 97, ASSports 2001, WL *Our Honeymoon* September 2003, POR *Jilly's First Trip* May 2010, POR *Anniversary/Jax's First Trip* September 2013
A Tale As Old As Time - Sept '13 PTR
"Mommy, this time it's all of our first times." April 28-May 3 TR
Magic In the Bayou...April 28-May 3 PTR
Old 09-19-2013, 08:12 AM   #172
Venomhatch
DisDads #708
Cast Member - Resort
It's a growing curiosity
I got carted off in the meat wagon

Location: Originally from Newport News, VA but Home is Kissimmee, FL

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlelovebug View Post
I posted last night about all the pixie dust we've been receiving...and then I found out my best friend's cellphone chargers were stolen from her room in Acadian House. I feel awful!! She went to the front desk last night and was told that they would provide new chargers if they didn't "show up" by this morning...
That is absolutely weird. The charger cords... Dang I leave mine out in the open all the time, and never had a problem. I wonder if mousekeeping left the door propped and someone else helped themselves. I know they have propped one door and was cleaning the room next door at the same time. I have seen this first hand, a lot actually. I just hang the sign do not disturb on the door and they leave everything you need in a bag hanging on the door and if its not there when you return you can call down and they will send you another batch of fresh supplies. That way no one enters your room at all the entire time. Down side to this is no Towel Animals!

Sounds like we have to retrain mousekeeping.
Old 09-19-2013, 08:27 AM   #173
LOVEMY3KIDDOS
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venomhatch View Post
That is absolutely weird. The charger cords... Dang I leave mine out in the open all the time, and never had a problem. I wonder if mousekeeping left the door propped and someone else helped themselves. I know they have propped one door and was cleaning the room next door at the same time. I have seen this first hand, a lot actually. I just hang the sign do not disturb on the door and they leave everything you need in a bag hanging on the door and if its not there when you return you can call down and they will send you another batch of fresh supplies. That way no one enters your room at all the entire time. Down side to this is no Towel Animals!

Sounds like we have to retrain mousekeeping.
We had a similar experience at POR last year...only slightly different. We were gone for the entire day (went to Universal). While we were gone, they changed our room over to the RFID lock. Fine, we understand the need to come in and make some changes. However, when we returned home at about 8:00 at night, our door was propped open. We have no idea how long it was like this?! Called the front desk and they apologized but that was all. There was nothing taken, but the people doing these various things need to be more cautious. On the other hand, on our first day there when we left in the am, I left the room safe wide open. It contained a kindle, ipods, jewelry, and about $2000+ in Disney gift cards/cash. I think I was so excited to be there it just slipped my mind. I always lock it and have the key in my park bag! Anyway, by the time I noticed we were gone for quite a while. When we got back to the room, everything was as we left it. So, we were fortunate to have an honest housekeeper. Sadly, it is not always the case.

Check out my etsy shop: WallScraps for handmade personalized Disney autograph books, countdowns and scrapbooks!
Old 09-19-2013, 09:05 AM   #174
Venomhatch
DisDads #708
Cast Member - Resort
It's a growing curiosity
I got carted off in the meat wagon

Location: Originally from Newport News, VA but Home is Kissimmee, FL

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOVEMY3KIDDOS View Post
We had a similar experience at POR last year...only slightly different. We were gone for the entire day (went to Universal). While we were gone, they changed our room over to the RFID lock. Fine, we understand the need to come in and make some changes. However, when we returned home at about 8:00 at night, our door was propped open. We have no idea how long it was like this?! Called the front desk and they apologized but that was all. There was nothing taken, but the people doing these various things need to be more cautious. On the other hand, on our first day there when we left in the am, I left the room safe wide open. It contained a kindle, ipods, jewelry, and about $2000+ in Disney gift cards/cash. I think I was so excited to be there it just slipped my mind. I always lock it and have the key in my park bag! Anyway, by the time I noticed we were gone for quite a while. When we got back to the room, everything was as we left it. So, we were fortunate to have an honest housekeeper. Sadly, it is not always the case.
Wow very fortunate, indeed! You are the first I have heard about the RFID incident. That is nuts!
Old 09-19-2013, 09:11 AM   #175
TooBoyz4us
Run! The Tag Fairies are everywhere!
Please stop licking your monitor. It's hard to clean the smudges off, and electrocution sounds painful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrickprincess View Post
I leave for port Orleans Riverside in 12 hours and will arrive early tomorrow morning.

Yay!!!! Wishing you a MAGICAL vacation !!!

9/1997 @ CBR...10/2002 @ CSR ...9/2004@WL...9/2009@ CSR......
11/2013 @ POR
Old 09-19-2013, 09:14 AM   #176
TooBoyz4us
Please stop licking your monitor. It's hard to clean the smudges off, and electrocution sounds painful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nat1234 View Post
Yahoooooooooooo!!! I hope the day flies by for you!

11/2013 @ POR
Old 09-19-2013, 09:19 AM   #177
TooBoyz4us

Just had to share my excitement this morning...........

Made the final payment on our package this morning, so we are OFFICIALLY,OFFICIAL!!!
Were going to Disney World !!!!!!

(I was supposed to pay it off yesterday, but due to a deposit that didn't show up like it was supposed to , I had to wait and pay this morning. I was so nervous all night, that I got up and was calling Disney at 7:01 am this morning )

11/2013 @ POR
Old 09-19-2013, 09:23 AM   #178
KonaKaiTom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by katielafave View Post
Only 16 days to go! We started planning at 180 days out and I can not believe it is finally almost here. Putting the finishing touches on everything and making (and remaking) my lists.

From those who have been there recently - any last minute tips, tricks or things to bring?

Our group is DD5, DD2, DH and I. I have been there many times before, but this is my first time as an adult and my first mod stay (stayed at All Star in high school). This is the first trip for both my girls. We haven't told them yet, but will be surprising them next week so we can do a short countdown. So excited!
One of my co-workers brought his DDs last year for their first trip to DW. They were 3 and 6 at the time. Instead of going to the MK the first day, he and his wife decided to bring them to EPCOT for their first day. Their thought was that MK would be so overwhelming that the girls would be too stimulated the first day, and, by comparison, if they saw MK first they would think EPCOT was completely boring and lame. So, the fibbed to the girls and told them that MK was closed for cleaning that day and off they went to EPCOT. The girls loved all the rides, and exploring the countries and character spots. The next day when they went to the newly cleaned MK, they had a wonderful time. He says he would definitely bring little ones to EPCOT first.

Tom
Old 09-19-2013, 11:28 AM   #179
DonaldDuck77
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TooBoyz4us View Post
Just had to share my excitement this morning...........

Made the final payment on our package this morning, so we are OFFICIALLY,OFFICIAL!!!
Me too

Now just have to get MDE worked out for my in laws and hope MB and FP+ magically appear soon.
Old 09-19-2013, 11:35 AM   #180
katielafave
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by KonaKaiTom View Post

One of my co-workers brought his DDs last year for their first trip to DW. They were 3 and 6 at the time. Instead of going to the MK the first day, he and his wife decided to bring them to EPCOT for their first day. Their thought was that MK would be so overwhelming that the girls would be too stimulated the first day, and, by comparison, if they saw MK first they would think EPCOT was completely boring and lame. So, the fibbed to the girls and told them that MK was closed for cleaning that day and off they went to EPCOT. The girls loved all the rides, and exploring the countries and character spots. The next day when they went to the newly cleaned MK, they had a wonderful time. He says he would definitely bring little ones to EPCOT first.

Tom
Interesting. We are doing MK the first day, it is the most recommended park for the day and I don't want to spend a whole day answering "where is the castle?". We are doing 6 park days - 3 will be MK.
Closed Thread

Tags
faq, por, port orleans riverside

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: