Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 11-05-2013, 01:23 PM   #1771
Shaden
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewilley View Post
That's what I've got against it to be honest. If I wanted to stay at the Marriot or some other bland soulless corporate hotel, I would have booked there (probably for a lot less money).

I'm not saying that moving away from the heavy, difficult to wash, bedspreads is wholly a bad idea - but why oh why couldn't they have at least created something similarly themed to replace them, instead of going for boring clinical hospital white?

Andre
I have to wonder if we would have booked at POR if this had been the look of things when we booked last year. It really doesn't seem very appealing. Now that we know about the grounds of POR and how beautiful the resort is and how great the food court is I am sure we will be back, but this might have changed our original plans ... Also if the rumours and posted pictures of CBR renos are true, those rooms are going to look a lot more appealing (IMO) than POR
Old 11-05-2013, 01:29 PM   #1772
sunset7132
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessicamouse View Post
Does anyone have any advice for successfully completing their online check-in? I have tried several times over the past month, and when I get to the final screen and hit "done" I get a Goofy screen telling me "sorry -please try again". Any tricks?

Thanks Getting excited 11 more days until we see Riverside for the FIRST time!!
Maybe use a different web browser . My iPad hasn't accessed the ire n a week yet my phone allows me to. Just a suggestion
Register to remove

Old 11-05-2013, 02:08 PM   #1773
jessicamouse
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonaldDuck77 View Post
Thank you DonaldDuck77 (and everyone else who offered their help!!) I was able to successfully complete it via mydisneyreservation.com. Thank you very much

Old 11-05-2013, 02:21 PM   #1774
andrewilley
Port Orleans Addict

As from this month, the POR and POFQ feature pools (i.e. Ol' Man Island and Doubloon Lagoon) will have extended lifeguard operating hours of 9am-11pm. However, outside of those times both pools (including the hot tubs) will be CLOSED and guests will not be allowed to use them.

Off-season (e.g. 5 January - 15 February 2014, but those dates are subject to change) the feature pool and hot tub hours will be reduced to 9am-9pm.

The five POR quiet pools will remain available for swimming at any time outside of these hours, at your own risk of course, it's only the feature pools that will have restricted access.

Andre

For more info on the Port Orleans resorts, please visit www.portorleans.org
Now including a Trip Report forum - any comments on your POR/POFQ stays are welcome

Days Inn Lakeside: Apr/May 89 Disney's Wilderness Lodge: Feb 99Disney's Beach Club: Sep 07, Sep 09
Disney's Dixie Landings: Jul/Aug 95, Oct 96, Sep/Oct 97, Feb 99
Disney's Port Orleans Riverside: Sep/Oct 02, Jun 04, May/Jun 05, May 06, Oct 07, Aug 08, Aug 09, Feb 10, Halloween 10, Aug 11, Aug 12, Feb 13, Aug 13... and coming next, Aug 14
Old 11-05-2013, 03:07 PM   #1775
dillydilly
Mouseketeer

Thank you for posting this! The kids had planned an 8am swim one morning at Ol' Man Island. This means dh and I get to sleep in a bit!
Old 11-05-2013, 03:34 PM   #1776
andrewilley
Port Orleans Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by dillydilly View Post
Thank you for posting this! The kids had planned an 8am swim one morning at Ol' Man Island. This means dh and I get to sleep in a bit!
Or they just go to a quiet pool instead...

Andre

For more info on the Port Orleans resorts, please visit www.portorleans.org
Now including a Trip Report forum - any comments on your POR/POFQ stays are welcome

Days Inn Lakeside: Apr/May 89 Disney's Wilderness Lodge: Feb 99Disney's Beach Club: Sep 07, Sep 09
Disney's Dixie Landings: Jul/Aug 95, Oct 96, Sep/Oct 97, Feb 99
Disney's Port Orleans Riverside: Sep/Oct 02, Jun 04, May/Jun 05, May 06, Oct 07, Aug 08, Aug 09, Feb 10, Halloween 10, Aug 11, Aug 12, Feb 13, Aug 13... and coming next, Aug 14
Old 11-05-2013, 03:46 PM   #1777
KristinaRN
Earning My Ears

I have 2 questions, sorry if they have been answered already, I'm on information overload!
1) do the buildings in Alligator Bayou have elevators?
2) can you all recommend some non-preferred buildings that are relatively close to the main building and food court please? What did you like about a particular building?
We stayed at POR in 2010, in Oak Manor. This was a good location, but we are not paying for a RGR so Oak Manor is out. I am open to suggestions for buildings in AB and MB. Thanks so much!!!
Old 11-05-2013, 04:21 PM   #1778
Venomhatch
DisDads #708
Cast Member - Resort
It's a growing curiosity
I got carted off in the meat wagon

Location: Originally from Newport News, VA but Home is Kissimmee, FL

Quote:
Originally Posted by KristinaRN View Post
I have 2 questions, sorry if they have been answered already, I'm on information overload!
1) do the buildings in Alligator Bayou have elevators?
2) can you all recommend some non-preferred buildings that are relatively close to the main building and food court please? What did you like about a particular building?
We stayed at POR in 2010, in Oak Manor. This was a good location, but we are not paying for a RGR so Oak Manor is out. I am open to suggestions for buildings in AB and MB. Thanks so much!!!
1) No
2) In AB area I recommend buildings 16 or 17. They are in a nice quiet area along with a beautiful quiet pool and laundry facilities right there. Second its not but a 2 minute maybe 1 minute walk to the main building/food court and South Depot Bus Station.
Old 11-05-2013, 04:22 PM   #1779
1GR8DISNEYFAN
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venomhatch View Post
Good Morning Everyone! One Think I have learned is, I am happy every day I open my eyes with ones I love and when I go to work its the happiest place on earth to be! I wish everyone's day goes as Magical as it can!
Thank you for such a cheerful greeting! I completely agree with you on this one, and although I am not lucky enough to get to work at the happiest place on earth, I am lucky to be visiting it in 10 days! Woo Hoo!!
Grew up going to Disneyland at least once a year, Disneyland AP holder since 1996, 1989 WDW off site, 2004 Yaght Club, 2006 Poly, 2008 Poly, 2011 Bonnett Creek, 2012 ASMO, 2013 Port Orleans Riverside, 2014 ASMU

Old 11-05-2013, 07:41 PM   #1780
JessicaW1234
Mouseketeer

Buses?

Hi!
Wanted to hear experiences of anyone familiar with POR on a school vacation week and the buses at POR. If staying in the mansions near East stop, are the buses full by the time they get to you? What order do they pick up in? How far is the walk to main bus stop from Oak Manor or Partierre place? Is it tough to get a bus for rope drop?

Thanks for your help!
Old 11-05-2013, 09:14 PM   #1781
Mouseturtle
Mouseketeer

First Timer

Excited to stay in a Royal Room starting Friday for me & my niece - we are coming to ruin the Jingle Jungle 5K and will hopefully sleep like royalty afterwards

Looks great can't wait!
Old 11-06-2013, 06:59 AM   #1782
LisaTC
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JessicaW1234 View Post
Hi!
Wanted to hear experiences of anyone familiar with POR on a school vacation week and the buses at POR. If staying in the mansions near East stop, are the buses full by the time they get to you? What order do they pick up in? How far is the walk to main bus stop from Oak Manor or Partierre place? Is it tough to get a bus for rope drop?

Thanks for your help!
I can't address school vacation week because they vary by state...are you talking Spring break or Christmas or summer break? Because they will ALL be different. We always got on at the main depot because we were usually coming from breakfast. We've stayed in Oak Manor and Acadian House and still used that depot. On return we got off at the East Depot. I didn't find the walks from either building long at all. We used the footbridges closest to those buildings to get to the food/registration area. You can walk through the gift shop and hop right on the bus. I've only encountered busy buses at POR during our pre-Christmas visit and that was usually in the evening when we were headed back to a park. Getting to rope drop will vary on which park you are headed to, but give yourself 1 hour during busy times.

Old 11-06-2013, 07:54 AM   #1783
Venomhatch
DisDads #708
Cast Member - Resort
It's a growing curiosity
I got carted off in the meat wagon

Location: Originally from Newport News, VA but Home is Kissimmee, FL

Good morning POR Fans! I hope you all have a fantastic hump day!
I leave you with this famous Disney Quote.

"The only thing predictable about life is its unpredictability."
~Remy from Ratatouille
Old 11-06-2013, 09:12 AM   #1784
princess@heart
Need a sprinkling of Fairy Dust!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmallWorld71 View Post
Oh, and the runners on the Sports beds look just like the comforters that were there before. I wouldn't be surprised if the POR comforters are being repurposed.
I sure hope that is the case! I loved the look of the comforters in the Royal Rooms and was looking forward to seeing them on the bed.

WDW '95 - off property.....WDW '05 - Polynesian Resort.....WDW '06 - Coronado Springs Resort.....WDW and DCL '07 - Caribbean Beach Resort and Wonder.....DL '07 - Disneyland Hotel.....DL '09 - off property.....WDW '12 - off property.....
WDW Feb '14 - Port Orleans Riverside Royal Room
Old 11-06-2013, 09:31 AM   #1785
SoarinSC
Mouseketeer

Can't remember what it was called, but during our last Riverside stay we really enjoyed this one snack from the Riverside Mill...it was gummy worms in powdery chocolate...basically "worms in dirt"...planning to boat up to Riverside from Downtown Disney our next trip and wondered if it was still around for snacking.

Tags
faq, por, port orleans riverside

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: