Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 11-04-2013, 05:17 PM   #1756
Yellowstonetim
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewilley View Post
That's what I've got against it to be honest. If I wanted to stay at the Marriot or some other bland soulless corporate hotel, I would have booked there (probably for a lot less money).

I'm not saying that moving away from the heavy, difficult to wash, bedspreads is wholly a bad idea - but why oh why couldn't they have at least created something similarly themed to replace them, instead of going for boring clinical hospital white?

Andre
Yes, why does it have to be so "clinical." Seems to me they could find a compromise: How about some colored piping in a pattern across the blanket, or a throw that fits in the middle of the bed that has a design that matches the room theme. It wouldn't have to be much, just something so that the bedding appears to fit. There has to be SOMETHING they could do that would satisfy cleanliness and look at least somewhat in keeping with the theme.

"Remember, no matter where you go... there you are!" Buckaroo Banzai

1980 - Disneyland for 1 day while in the US Navy
1981-1983 Several 1 day visits while living in Orlando
1984- 1996 Several one and two day visits while visiting family
2000 January - 4 Nights, 5 Days - All Star Movies
2012 January - 5 Nights, 6 Days - Caribbean Beach
2013 September - 9 Nights, 10 days - Port Orleans Riverside Royal Room.
2014 November - ?

Last edited by Yellowstonetim; 11-04-2013 at 05:22 PM.
Old 11-04-2013, 05:46 PM   #1757
KatieCharlotte
DIS Veteran

Quote:
All of the AB rooms (except for the King Bed and Wheelchair Accessible rooms) can sleep five.

Your chances of getting one have nothing to do with when you book though, the only guarantee of getting an AB room is either to have five people in the room, or to book a Preferred Location room. You can request an AB room of course, but other than those two cases it's not guaranteed.

Andre
Thanks. We'll have five in the room. We've stayed in places where there were only a few rooms for five, so you had to book way ahead to get one. Glad to know that isn't the case at POR, especially since it's our most affordable option onsite. We stayed at POR many years ago as a family of three and loved it.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-04-2013, 07:08 PM   #1758
reader562
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellowstonetim View Post
Yes, why does it have to be so "clinical." Seems to me they could find a compromise: How about some colored piping in a pattern across the blanket, or a throw that fits in the middle of the bed that has a design that matches the room theme. It wouldn't have to be much, just something so that the bedding appears to fit. There has to be SOMETHING they could do that would satisfy cleanliness and look at least somewhat in keeping with the theme.
I wish they could find a pretty patterned top sheet that washes well. Like a bedspread, but light enough to wash every room change.
If they're going to leave it white, I expect the bedding to be made perfectly with hospital corners!
Old 11-04-2013, 07:28 PM   #1759
Lisadaa2
Mouseketeer

Hi! We will be checking in a week from Friday! Can't wait!! We are a family of 4 with garden view booked. We won't be checking in until 9:30 p.m. We are hoping for AB building 16 (stayed in it before) so we can be close to buses and main building. Do you think are chances are slim since we will be getting in so late and others may get there requests first? Should we ask for that particular building or just close to buses and main building?
Old 11-04-2013, 07:29 PM   #1760
dansdad
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisadaa2 View Post
Hi! We will be checking in a week from Friday! Can't wait!! We are a family of 4 with garden view booked. We won't be checking in until 9:30 p.m. We are hoping for AB building 16 (stayed in it before) so we can be close to buses and main building. Do you think are chances are slim since we will be getting in so late and others may get there requests first? Should we ask for that particular building or just close to buses and main building?
All rooms are assigned 2-3 days before your arrival. So when you actually arrive has very little to do with whether you get your requests met.
Old 11-05-2013, 01:21 AM   #1761
Sue M
DIS Veteran

hi everyone! After 3 great stays at POR, we booked last Jan. And this coming January at POFQ! But just heard via POFQ thread that the pool will be closed!
So, thinking about switching to POR. Love the mansions. Especially Acadian & Magnolia buildings. Not too happy about the sheets though . It really does take away from the theming. I hope they find something better. Our last stay was just as they finished Acadian House and were working on Magnolia. Love the new rooms at both resorts. Great job!

Andre, do you know if POR will have fridges by late January? With a 10 day stay it's important to us for breakfast things. Thanks!
Aug 2003 WDW Marriott Courtyard, [B]Aug 2005 [/BSeaWorld, Universal, Busch Gardens Hilton Garden Inn, ]Aug 2007 WDW CBR, Jan 2008WDW WL, Aug 2008St. Pete Beach, Universal-HRH, Sea Workd & Aquatica- Hyatt Place & Doubletree, Jan 2009WDW AKL, Aug 2009Key West Sheraton Suites, Cocoa Beach Hampton Inn, & WDW POR/WL, Jan 2010WDW Poly, Jan 2011WDW POR, Aug 2011WDW POR/BC CL, Jan 2012WDW WL, Aug 2012AKL CL, Jan. 2013POFQ Aug. 2013 WDW Pop, GF, YC Jan 2014POR

Next trip August 20-Sept 3 2014 GF & GF CL
Old 11-05-2013, 05:37 AM   #1762
andrewilley
Port Orleans Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by dansdad View Post
All rooms are assigned 2-3 days before your arrival. So when you actually arrive has very little to do with whether you get your requests met.
Most rooms (apart from special requests and multi-room bookings which need to be near to each other) are allocated on the actual day you arrive. This is to ensure that as many people as possible can be sent directly to a currently vacant room when they arrive (even at 9am) rather than having to wait for a pre-allocated room number to be vacated and cleaned.

Guests who have done Online Checkin get allocated from the currently available pool of rooms a few hours before they are due to arrive (and a welcome pack is prepared for them). Walk-ups get allocated from the pool of 'Ready Rooms' at the time you get to the front desk. That's one reason I recommend online checkin by the way; if you don't like the room that was assigned a few hours ago you can ask them to check again from the current pool, effectively giving you a 'double dip' advantage if you need it.

There is an option in the Online Checkin form to prioritise Requests over getting a room immediately, which means they can look for other rooms that might be due to become available later in the day, but at the expense of you having to wait a while for your room before you can get in.

If you are especially worried, faxing 3-5 days out is a good idea, explaining that you are going to be checking in very late and would really like building 16 if possible, and saying that you are worried there might be no ideal rooms left there when you arrive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sue M View Post
Andre, do you know if POR will have fridges by late January? With a 10 day stay it's important to us for breakfast things. Thanks!
There's nothing certain yet, but that is most definitely the aim. I'm not sure what the extra delay is, but it does seem that POR will be among the last of the resorts to be completed (possibly due to the early batches all going to POFQ due to the size of the fridges they had been able to procure).

Andre

For more info on the Port Orleans resorts, please visit www.portorleans.org
Now including a Trip Report forum - any comments on your POR/POFQ stays are welcome

Days Inn Lakeside: Apr/May 89 Disney's Wilderness Lodge: Feb 99Disney's Beach Club: Sep 07, Sep 09
Disney's Dixie Landings: Jul/Aug 95, Oct 96, Sep/Oct 97, Feb 99
Disney's Port Orleans Riverside: Sep/Oct 02, Jun 04, May/Jun 05, May 06, Oct 07, Aug 08, Aug 09, Feb 10, Halloween 10, Aug 11, Aug 12, Feb 13, Aug 13... and coming next, Aug 14
Old 11-05-2013, 06:55 AM   #1763
Venomhatch
DisDads #708
Cast Member - Resort
It's a growing curiosity
I got carted off in the meat wagon

Location: Originally from Newport News, VA but Home is Kissimmee, FL

Good Morning Everyone! One Think I have learned is, I am happy every day I open my eyes with ones I love and when I go to work its the happiest place on earth to be! I wish everyone's day goes as Magical as it can!
Old 11-05-2013, 07:26 AM   #1764
Lisadaa2
Mouseketeer

[QUOTE="andrewilley;50004116"] Most rooms (apart from special requests and multi-room bookings which need to be near to each other) are allocated on the actual day you arrive. This is to ensure that as many people as possible can be sent directly to a currently vacant room when they arrive (even at 9am) rather than having to wait for a pre-allocated room number to be vacated and cleaned. Guests who have done Online Checkin get allocated from the currently available pool of rooms a few hours before they are due to arrive (and a welcome pack is prepared for them). Walk-ups get allocated from the pool of 'Ready Rooms' at the time you get to the front desk. That's one reason I recommend online checkin by the way; if you don't like the room that was assigned a few hours ago you can ask them to check again from the current pool, effectively giving you a 'double dip' advantage if you need it. There is an option in the Online Checkin form to prioritise Requests over getting a room immediately, which means they can look for other rooms that might be due to become available later in the day, but at the expense of you having to wait a while for your room before you can get in. If you are especially worried, faxing 3-5 days out is a good idea, explaining that you are going to be checking in very late and would really like building 16 if possible, and saying that you are worried there might be no ideal rooms left there when you arrive.

Thank you! I will send a fax and cross my fingers!!
Old 11-05-2013, 08:57 AM   #1765
Tarheel Mom
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxiesmom View Post
I'm pretty sure I found it by going to the main Disney web site I use, disneyworld.disney.go.com. There was a contact link on one of the pages.
Thank you!
11/18/11 - 11/26/11 Off Site - Kissimmee, FL
11/20/13 - 11/30/13 - POR/Royal Guest Room
9/25/14 - 10/4/14 - Coronado Springs

Old 11-05-2013, 09:36 AM   #1766
DonaldDuck77
Earning My Ears

Quote:
There is an option in the Online Checkin form to prioritise Requests over getting a room immediately, which means they can look for other rooms that might be due to become available later in the day, but at the expense of you having to wait a while for your room before you can get in.

If you are especially worried, faxing 3-5 days out is a good idea, explaining that you are going to be checking in very late and would really like building 16 if possible, and saying that you are worried there might be no ideal rooms left there when you arrive.
I looked for it when I did online checkin, and there was no option about prioritizing requests over getting a room immediately. Don't know if something has changed recently or one of MDE's many glitches. I will be relying on the fax for requests.
Old 11-05-2013, 10:37 AM   #1767
jessicamouse
Mouseketeer

Online check-in difficulty

Does anyone have any advice for successfully completing their online check-in? I have tried several times over the past month, and when I get to the final screen and hit "done" I get a Goofy screen telling me "sorry -please try again". Any tricks?

Thanks Getting excited 11 more days until we see Riverside for the FIRST time!!

Old 11-05-2013, 10:56 AM   #1768
Ashlander
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessicamouse View Post
Does anyone have any advice for successfully completing their online check-in? I have tried several times over the past month, and when I get to the final screen and hit "done" I get a Goofy screen telling me "sorry -please try again". Any tricks?

I got that error this morning as well, but I actually did complete the checkin. When I go in now it says modify check-in. I also received a text from Disney since I requested to get room ready notifications.

Me, DH, DS(11), DD(10), DD(8)

Old 11-05-2013, 11:13 AM   #1769
DonaldDuck77
Earning My Ears

Quote:

http://www.disboards.com/showpost.ph...&postcount=467
Old 11-05-2013, 11:53 AM   #1770
Music City Mama
DIS Veteran

Quote:

I had the same problem a couple of weeks ago (and it was like that every day).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashlander View Post
I got that error this morning as well, but I actually did complete the checkin. When I go in now it says modify check-in. I also received a text from Disney since I requested to get room ready notifications.
I never received a confirmation page, but every time I've logged in since, I see that it says "modify check-in" (instead of "begin check-in" or whatever it was) and when I try going through the steps again, it shows my credit card info, arrival time, etc., so it must have worked even though it seemed like it didn't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonaldDuck77 View Post
I logged onto this, as well, and my info appears to be in there like I already checked in, but it doesn't let me complete the room request info like it did in MDE, so I just cancelled out of there since I don't want to mess up my room requests.
Closed Thread

Tags
faq, por, port orleans riverside

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: