Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 10-30-2013, 12:16 PM   #1621
siskaren
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by harmon54 View Post
Wednesday is truly hump day when I have to make it through work today before I get to leave for POR !!!! We are driving through the night and arrive sometime tomorrow morning- hoping for an early check in or we may be napping in the car .
As long as their computers are on tomorrow's date when you arrive (which I think happens at 6:00 am), you'll be able to check in. Of course, that doesn't mean that your room will be ready, so you may have to nap in the car anyway. Or you could relax on a lounge chair at the pool.
Old 10-30-2013, 12:18 PM   #1622
Venomhatch
DisDads #708
Cast Member - Resort
It's a growing curiosity
I got carted off in the meat wagon

Location: Originally from Newport News, VA but Home is Kissimmee, FL

Quote:
Originally Posted by siskaren View Post
...relax on a lounge chair at the pool.
Not a bad idea!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-30-2013, 12:27 PM   #1623
julieanddanny
Mouseketeer

Excited to be heading back to POR for a few days Feb 13-16 before our cruise! Was really hoping for a preferred room but none available with discount. Do you think there is a chance of one opening up before then? Right now there are NO rooms available (for 5) with discount for our dates - crazy! Glad I got it when I did! SO I guess I will put in a request for building 16 and pray we aren't so far away from the main building that dh/kids grip the whole time!

Currently planning just one day at MK and one day hanging out swimming and take boat to DTD (which is what made this resort the most appealing for us this trip - well besides the $$)

Getting closer to the 100 day mark - woohoo...
Old 10-30-2013, 01:32 PM   #1624
sunset7132
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ny3boys View Post

I guess that is the same too. We are from western ny, near buffalo.
Long Island here
Old 10-30-2013, 02:09 PM   #1625
wdwagain518
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by julieanddanny View Post
Excited to be heading back to POR for a few days Feb 13-16 before our cruise! Was really hoping for a preferred room but none available with discount. Do you think there is a chance of one opening up before then? Right now there are NO rooms available (for 5) with discount for our dates - crazy! Glad I got it when I did! SO I guess I will put in a request for building 16 and pray we aren't so far away from the main building that dh/kids grip the whole time!

Currently planning just one day at MK and one day hanging out swimming and take boat to DTD (which is what made this resort the most appealing for us this trip - well besides the $$)

Getting closer to the 100 day mark - woohoo...
We were in building 17 last trip and it was a GREAT location! Not as good as the upgrade we got to preferred building 14 the trip before, but it wasn't a much longer walk at all, and the landscaping is so pretty that it just didn't matter!

Old 10-30-2013, 02:51 PM   #1626
bohemian21
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunset7132 View Post
Long Island here
Where on the island? I'm just about to move to Merrick.

Past:
Off-site: 1996; 1998; 2003
All-Star Sports Feb 2012 (engaged!)
CSR Jan 2013 (Marathon Weekend: ran the half!)
AoA/POR Nov 2013 (DFTW + Honeymoon! and Wine & Dine Half!)
CBR Jan 2014 (Marathon Weekend: 10k)
All-Star Music/All-Star Sports Feb 2014 (Princess Weekend: Glass Slipper Challenge!)

Upcoming:
CBR/?? Nov 2014 (Anniversary + Wine & Dine Half)
Jan 2015 (Marathon Weekend: Half)
Feb 2015 (Princess Weekend: Glass Slipper Challenge)
Old 10-30-2013, 04:31 PM   #1627
TooBoyz4us
Run! The Tag Fairies are everywhere!
Please stop licking your monitor. It's hard to clean the smudges off, and electrocution sounds painful.

Quick question regarding the laundry room that popped into my head as I was packing today

Has the laundry at POR changed over to the cashless machines yet?
I know there was talk that some of the other resorts had.
If so, how does that work now that we have MBs? Or do you use a credit/debit card for them?

THANKYOU

9/1997 @ CBR...10/2002 @ CSR ...9/2004@WL...9/2009@ CSR......
11/2013 @ POR
Old 10-30-2013, 05:05 PM   #1628
katielafave
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TooBoyz4us View Post
Quick question regarding the laundry room that popped into my head as I was packing today Has the laundry at POR changed over to the cashless machines yet? I know there was talk that some of the other resorts had. If so, how does that work now that we have MBs? Or do you use a credit/debit card for them? THANKYOU
As of earlier in October they were still cash based.
Old 10-30-2013, 05:21 PM   #1629
Tatania
Disney Foodie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venomhatch View Post
Why there is many of us on here. More than most think. As to the room choice between the POFQ and POR, I say POR.

Well as to the conditions you say about the room. I would go with the POR and perhaps ask for the Magnolia Terrace building. It is in a Decent Area. and about 5 or less minutes to the main building across the foot bridge near by.
Thank you so much, we just booked my friends flight and now on to the Disney booking.

First visit to WDW in 1976. Many times since then.

Old 10-30-2013, 06:06 PM   #1630
andrewilley
Port Orleans Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by julieanddanny View Post
Was really hoping for a preferred room but none available with discount. Do you think there is a chance of one opening up before then? Right now there are NO rooms available (for 5) with discount for our dates - crazy!
Not crazy at all, Disney don't have to give out any discounts at all, but when they do it is generally to move room inventory which isn't selling at full price. They often give out discounts on certain room types and not others. If the location is more important to you than the price, you could try looking to see what comes up for your dates without the discount?

What room category did you end up booking by the way, as there are some King Bed, Pool View and River View rooms within buildings 14, 15, 18 and 27 which you could request.

Otherwise, a few days before you arrive, fax in a request for a room as close as possible to the main building, saying that Preferred did not come up as an option when you made the original booking, and hopefully they'll be able to help you out.

Andre

For more info on the Port Orleans resorts, please visit www.portorleans.org
Now including a Trip Report forum - any comments on your POR/POFQ stays are welcome

Days Inn Lakeside: Apr/May 89 Disney's Wilderness Lodge: Feb 99Disney's Beach Club: Sep 07, Sep 09
Disney's Dixie Landings: Jul/Aug 95, Oct 96, Sep/Oct 97, Feb 99
Disney's Port Orleans Riverside: Sep/Oct 02, Jun 04, May/Jun 05, May 06, Oct 07, Aug 08, Aug 09, Feb 10, Halloween 10, Aug 11, Aug 12, Feb 13, Aug 13... and coming next, Aug 14
Old 10-30-2013, 06:09 PM   #1631
Tatania
Disney Foodie

So my booking is done for Feb. 24 - March 1 and had no problem getting a preferred room, but when I called customer service and requested the Magnolia Terrace building as per Venomhatche's suggestion I was told those were the "Royal" rooms or something like that and I couldn't book those. Looking at the map I'm not sure what that even means because on the map they just look like normal rooms.

Venomhatche, Is there a building or something I should be asking for instead because I'll call again to sort this out since I have paid for the 'preferred' room (actually not even quite sure what that;s supposed to entail. It's been about 4 years since my last visit and I'm totally rusty. Have no idea where the good dining is or the new attractions - so time to get busy hitting the boards again!

First visit to WDW in 1976. Many times since then.

Old 10-30-2013, 06:48 PM   #1632
Gorechick
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tatania View Post
So my booking is done for Feb. 24 - March 1 and had no problem getting a preferred room, but when I called customer service and requested the Magnolia Terrace building as per Venomhatche's suggestion I was told those were the "Royal" rooms or something like that and I couldn't book those. Looking at the map I'm not sure what that even means because on the map they just look like normal rooms.

Venomhatche, Is there a building or something I should be asking for instead because I'll call again to sort this out since I have paid for the 'preferred' room (actually not even quite sure what that;s supposed to entail. It's been about 4 years since my last visit and I'm totally rusty. Have no idea where the good dining is or the new attractions - so time to get busy hitting the boards again!
The Alligator Bayou rooms have preferred rooms. Those are in the buildings closest to the main building. The mansions have standard, garden, pool, river, or are Royal Rooms in those same categories. If you want to be in Magnolia Terrace, then you would book either standard, garden, pool, or river view and request Magnolia Terrace.
DTD-Courtyard by Marriott August 1997
Wilderness Lodge Honeymoon August 2002
Port Orleans- French Quarter Anniversary (AND Hurricane Charley) August 2004
Port Orleans- Riverside Royal Room- 10th Anniversary and First Trip with Twins August 2012
DS's WISH trip - Hopefully Aulani Resort! Summer 2015

Me (44) DH (40) DS (9) DD (9)

Waiting impatiently for our next family WDW trip!
Old 10-30-2013, 06:55 PM   #1633
dansdad
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Unfortunately, the CM you spoke to is misinformed. There are 4 buildings in the Magnolia Bend Mansions area. Two of them, Parterre Place and Oak Manor, have all Royal Rooms in them. The other two buildings, Acadian House and Magnolia Terrace are regular rooms.

Quote:
I have paid for the 'preferred' room (actually not even quite sure what that;s supposed to entail. It's been about 4 years since my last visit and I'm totally rusty. Have no idea where the good dining is or the new attractions - so time to get busy hitting the boards again!
Well now that changes things. If you booked and paid for preferred, your room will be in the Alligator Bayou section and will be in building 14, 15, 18 or 27. These are the closest buildings to the Food Court, Lobby and Gift Shop.

This link should help clear things up for you.

http://portorleans.org/room-requests.php
Old 10-30-2013, 07:45 PM   #1634
ny3boys
Mouseketeer

So, we fly to FL in just a week! As I am packing, I was wondering what supplies are offered in the POR rooms. Tissues? Paper cups? Napkins? We will stop at a grocery store on our way over, so I have a shopping list started. I hate to pack or buy things that are already complementary.
Old 10-30-2013, 08:23 PM   #1635
bookgirl
I don't eat onions-they squelch when you bite into them
I don't eat raisins-they look like dried up bugs
Can we say food issues?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ny3boys View Post
So, we fly to FL in just a week! As I am packing, I was wondering what supplies are offered in the POR rooms. Tissues? Paper cups? Napkins? We will stop at a grocery store on our way over, so I have a shopping list started. I hate to pack or buy things that are already complementary.
You'll have thin disposable cups for coffee maker and four real glasses. You get a box of tissue on the vanity. As well as shampoo, conditioner and bar soap.

The food court has lids that will fit the paper cups, plastic cutlery, and napkins.

No bowls or plates available unless you order food.

Closed Thread

Tags
faq, por, port orleans riverside

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: