Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 10-27-2013, 07:22 PM   #1546
Rainy29
Earning My Ears

I just got back a couple if days ago from my first stay at POR. It was fantastic!! We stayed in a royal room river view and it truly reminded me of the Disney of my youth. Not only was the room wonderful with a great location, the staff was the best! They were always courteous and helpful in true old fashion Disney style. I think the best compliment I got over my resort choice was when my sister told me that POR was the perfect place to come back to and relax. We had eaten at several other resorts and they always seemed hectic where our resort was laid back and beautiful. Thank you everyone for all the help and advice in this thread a in Andre's site. It helped make my niece and nephews first trip magical and special!
Old 10-27-2013, 07:26 PM   #1547
Clochette nordique
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venomhatch View Post
Thank you Both. Very much!
I did receive it I have been busy with a few things like tending to arrangements for my friends funeral. I am in the process of looking over all of my PMs.
Very sorry to hear about your friend. Of course, you need to take care of that first. I didn't know yet what were your difficulties about. (In everyday life, I'm a Therapist. I would never tell my client to answer emails before taking care of themselves!)

And also sorry to have it sent 2 times. It is just that my PM was not registering it sent to you. It kept saying I had no "sent message" at all.

This is the time when we need a big hug from the whole DISBoard Community. I don't think people will send me tomatoes for sending you the biggest hug that can go thru the Board!

sniff, sniff, no ticker! .... oops, just for now, since DH asked me when I would go back.........

DLParis - Août 2017 ; DCL-Magic Greece - Août 2017
WDW-POR - Novembre 2013 ; DCL-Fantasy Western Caribbean - Novembre 2013
DL-Paradise Pier - Février 2012 ; DCL-Wonder Mexican Riviera - Février 2012
WDW-Poly - Mai 2011 ; DCL-Dream Bahamas - Mai 2011

Last edited by Clochette nordique; 10-27-2013 at 07:35 PM.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-27-2013, 09:22 PM   #1548
Tarheel Mom
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickey1968 View Post
I got some pixie dust on my room. I got upgraded from GV to Preferred in bldg 18! Awesome location just clues enough to the main bldg and south bus depot. The room us an accessible room, I didn't ask for one but it us nice. I get a bigger bathroom & the wardrobe instead of closet. And I got the new bedding which makes me happy. However I do think they will be even nicer if and when they add a runner at the foot.

Somebody asked earlier about a blanket. There is a med weight one between the sheets.
That was me ~ thanks for the updated info. I like to be wrapped up at night and was hoping we didn't need to haul blankets from home. Thanks again
11/18/11 - 11/26/11 Off Site - Kissimmee, FL
11/20/13 - 11/30/13 - POR/Royal Guest Room
9/25/14 - 10/4/14 - Coronado Springs
9/25/15 - 10/3/15 - Coronado Springs

Old 10-27-2013, 11:52 PM   #1549
Mom2G
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxiesmom View Post

Make sure you ask at check in if you have one. Your travel agent can request you have one, but unless it is a medical request, there is no guarantee.

I really hope the fridge thing gets wrapped up soon!
Random question. Is there a difference in fridge size between a "regular" fridge requested by a travel agent and one requested for medical use? Is it the exact same fridge?
Old 10-28-2013, 03:53 AM   #1550
AmyKat
Mouseketeer

It's the exact same fridge.
Old 10-28-2013, 07:16 AM   #1551
andrewilley
Port Orleans Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom2G View Post
Random question. Is there a difference in fridge size between a "regular" fridge requested by a travel agent and one requested for medical use? Is it the exact same fridge?
They do have some smaller medicine coolers which are being used at the moment in place of fridges for some guests with medical needs, but mostly you'll just get a regular fridge (if they have one available of course).

Andre

For more info on the Port Orleans resorts, please visit www.portorleans.org
Now including a Trip Report forum - any comments on your POR/POFQ stays are welcome

Days Inn Lakeside: Apr/May 89 Disney's Wilderness Lodge: Feb 99Disney's Beach Club: Sep 07, Sep 09
Disney's Dixie Landings: Jul/Aug 95, Oct 96, Sep/Oct 97, Feb 99
Disney's Port Orleans Riverside: Sep/Oct 02, Jun 04, May/Jun 05, May 06, Oct 07, Aug 08, Aug 09, Feb 10, Halloween 10, Aug 11, Aug 12, Feb 13, Aug 13... and coming next, Aug 14
Old 10-28-2013, 07:39 AM   #1552
KatieCharlotte
DIS Veteran

We're probably spending one night at PO, in a room for five. We'd check out in the morning, go to MK for the day, return to pick up our car, and head to a cheaper motel for the night in the direction we need to go the next morning for a cruise. It will be a Friday in early April, when crowds are projected to be moderate. We are rope drop people and there are no EMH that day, assuming the schedule doesn't change.

What time should we be at the bus stop to get to MK by around 8:40 a.m.? If we stay for Wishes, how horrible will the wait be to catch a bus back? Are we better off just driving to the TTC in the morning, since we're heading away from PO that night?
Old 10-28-2013, 08:35 AM   #1553
andrewilley
Port Orleans Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatieCharlotte View Post
What time should we be at the bus stop to get to MK by around 8:40 a.m.? If we stay for Wishes, how horrible will the wait be to catch a bus back? Are we better off just driving to the TTC in the morning, since we're heading away from PO that night?
By bus, I'd suggest being at the stop at 7:30-7:45 to allow for maybe missing one bus.

If you drive, although it might take longer (due to the TTC) you are at least more in control of your timings. You could also leave you luggage in the trunk (if you are happy doing that) and head straight away from the MK if you want.

Andre

For more info on the Port Orleans resorts, please visit www.portorleans.org
Now including a Trip Report forum - any comments on your POR/POFQ stays are welcome

Days Inn Lakeside: Apr/May 89 Disney's Wilderness Lodge: Feb 99Disney's Beach Club: Sep 07, Sep 09
Disney's Dixie Landings: Jul/Aug 95, Oct 96, Sep/Oct 97, Feb 99
Disney's Port Orleans Riverside: Sep/Oct 02, Jun 04, May/Jun 05, May 06, Oct 07, Aug 08, Aug 09, Feb 10, Halloween 10, Aug 11, Aug 12, Feb 13, Aug 13... and coming next, Aug 14
Old 10-28-2013, 11:09 AM   #1554
Music City Mama
DIS Veteran

I was planning on taking the bus to MK, but now I'm thinking for our first morning that driving may be a better option. Anyone have an opinion on this?

We arrive kind of late on 11/23 so we'll have to deal with a few things on the morning of 11/24 - activate AP, purchase TIW. and possibly pick up PhotoPass+ voucher (still undecided if I'm doing that yet).

On that morning, MK opens at 8:00 (not EMH, just regular/extended hours for Thanksgiving week). I was planning on taking the bus, but considering you're at the mercy of when the bus arrives and availability of seats once it does, I'm thinking of driving to the TTC instead. We're also planning on hopping to DHS later that day, so it would make sense to have our car at the TTC instead of taking a bus to DHS from the TTC.

If we drive, what is the best route? In looking at a map, it looks like if you take Bonnet Creek to Vista that it bypasses the entrance on World Drive to the TTC. Do I need to take Bonnet Creek to Buena Vista to World Drive? Or is there another way I'm missing?
Old 10-28-2013, 12:09 PM   #1555
kittyab
DIS Veteran

How late is the pool open at this resort?
Old 10-28-2013, 01:06 PM   #1556
Yellowstonetim
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarheel Mom

That was me ~ thanks for the updated info. I like to be wrapped up at night and was hoping we didn't need to haul blankets from home. Thanks again
You don't need to carry blankets from home unless you really want your own. I am sure you can request extra blankets at the resort.

"Remember, no matter where you go... there you are!" Buckaroo Banzai

1980 - Disneyland for 1 day while in the US Navy
1981-1983 Several 1 day visits while living in Orlando
1984- 1996 Several one and two day visits while visiting family
2000 January - 4 Nights, 5 Days - All Star Movies
2012 January - 5 Nights, 6 Days - Caribbean Beach
2013 September - 9 Nights, 10 days - Port Orleans Riverside Royal Room.
2014 November - ?
Old 10-28-2013, 02:02 PM   #1557
kittyab
DIS Veteran

Is there fridges in the rooms yet?
Old 10-28-2013, 03:34 PM   #1558
Venomhatch
DisDads #708
Cast Member - Resort
It's a growing curiosity
I got carted off in the meat wagon

Location: Originally from Newport News, VA but Home is Kissimmee, FL

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittyab View Post
Is there fridges in the rooms yet?
Not all of them yet.

Afternoon everyone.
Old 10-28-2013, 04:25 PM   #1559
lhqueenbee
Earning My Ears

Excited to find this. Taking our 9th trip and 4th stay at POR in Jan/Feb 2014. YAY!!
Old 10-28-2013, 06:06 PM   #1560
OneBadApple
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venomhatch View Post
I did receive it I have been busy with a few things like tending to arrangements for my friends funeral. I am in the process of looking over all of my PMs.
So sorry about the loss of your friend. it always hard to say goodbye to the ones we love.
Closed Thread

Tags
faq, por, port orleans riverside

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: