Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 10-27-2013, 11:33 AM   #1531
CleKait
Disney World is my happy place.

I'm going back to Disney World next January and was looking into staying at Port Orleans French Quarter or Riverside. However there are no standard rooms available when I go to book online. Is there a reason? Would there be some available if I called? Thanks!
Pop Century Jan '13
Epcot for the day March '11
Port Orleans Riverside May '08
Wilderness Lodge Feb '03
Off-Site March '97

Old 10-27-2013, 12:02 PM   #1532
andrewilley
Port Orleans Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by CleKait View Post
I'm going back to Disney World next January and was looking into staying at Port Orleans French Quarter or Riverside. However there are no standard rooms available when I go to book online. Is there a reason? Would there be some available if I called? Thanks!
It might depend on your dates (e.g. Marathon weekend?) or if you are trying to find a specific offer - try a few days either side of where you are looking. And you'll only know if you try!

Andre

For more info on the Port Orleans resorts, please visit www.portorleans.org
Now including a Trip Report forum - any comments on your POR/POFQ stays are welcome

Days Inn Lakeside: Apr/May 89 Disney's Wilderness Lodge: Feb 99Disney's Beach Club: Sep 07, Sep 09
Disney's Dixie Landings: Jul/Aug 95, Oct 96, Sep/Oct 97, Feb 99
Disney's Port Orleans Riverside: Sep/Oct 02, Jun 04, May/Jun 05, May 06, Oct 07, Aug 08, Aug 09, Feb 10, Halloween 10, Aug 11, Aug 12, Feb 13, Aug 13... and coming next, Aug 14
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-27-2013, 12:53 PM   #1533
keahgirl8
DIS Veteran

Aha! I finally have something to contribute here! When I called to apply the S/P/D discount, they said the standard room was not available for my dates (PHM week). I upgraded to a garden view, but still saved money!
Old 10-27-2013, 01:26 PM   #1534
Pt0872
Earning My Ears

Wow....still no pixie dust. Splash mountain isn't running. Guy said 5 minutes, 5 hours or until they get it fixed.
Old 10-27-2013, 01:53 PM   #1535
mickey1968
Mouseketeer

I'm on the Magical Express!!!

May 2014 - Pop Century, F&G and SWW • Oct./Nov. 2013 - PORS, MNSSHP and F&W • Oct./Nov. 2012 - Pop Century, MNSSHP and F&W • May 2012 - Pop Century, SWW, F&G • Nov. 2011 - POFQ, MVMCP • June 2002 - off-site/conference • 1990s - several trips staying off-site; Uni 2x • 1991 - WDW College Program (Spring) • 1985 - First trip with parents at age 16 or 17

Old 10-27-2013, 01:59 PM   #1536
Katelly
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickey1968 View Post
Lucky!! I can't wait until I can say that....just over a month now.

Have a fun trip!

Beach Club: December of 1991,1994,1997,1999 and 2002
Caribbean Beach: December 2004,February 2006
Pop Century: February 2006
POR: December 2013
POFQ: April 2014
Old 10-27-2013, 02:00 PM   #1537
maxiesmom
The Mean Squinty Eye Works Wonders

Quote:
Yay!!!!! Have a great time!!!!
Old 10-27-2013, 02:00 PM   #1538
Tarheel Mom
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venomhatch View Post
Its been a very bad day. So sorry if I missed something.
Hope you're having a better day today
11/18/11 - 11/26/11 Off Site - Kissimmee, FL
11/20/13 - 11/30/13 - POR/Royal Guest Room
9/25/14 - 10/4/14 - Coronado Springs
9/25/15 - 10/3/15 - Coronado Springs

Old 10-27-2013, 02:00 PM   #1539
Disneylover99
DIS Veteran

Quote:
WooHoo! Have a great trip!
Old 10-27-2013, 04:49 PM   #1540
mickey1968
Mouseketeer

I got some pixie dust on my room. I got upgraded from GV to Preferred in bldg 18! Awesome location just clues enough to the main bldg and south bus depot. The room us an accessible room, I didn't ask for one but it us nice. I get a bigger bathroom & the wardrobe instead of closet. And I got the new bedding which makes me happy. However I do think they will be even nicer if and when they add a runner at the foot.

Somebody asked earlier about a blanket. There is a med weight one between the sheets.

May 2014 - Pop Century, F&G and SWW • Oct./Nov. 2013 - PORS, MNSSHP and F&W • Oct./Nov. 2012 - Pop Century, MNSSHP and F&W • May 2012 - Pop Century, SWW, F&G • Nov. 2011 - POFQ, MVMCP • June 2002 - off-site/conference • 1990s - several trips staying off-site; Uni 2x • 1991 - WDW College Program (Spring) • 1985 - First trip with parents at age 16 or 17

Old 10-27-2013, 05:13 PM   #1541
Clochette nordique
DIS Veteran

Dear Venom, hopefully, you received my Request Letter by PM, but just in case you didn't, I copy it here. I reapeat (sorry if you saw it before) that as you read, you will understand the importance of having our request letter made as good as possible:

« Bonjour » et « Bonne journée » to you and your fellow Cast Members,

Hopefully, you’re having a wonderful day today! I’d first like you to know that I’m writing you on the behalf of my daughter who lives with numerous special needs, including Cerebral Palsy, Autism and Learning Disabilities, so she cannot be writing this letter to you. Now, because of her very strong will, she became verbal and can walk a bit. We are going back to WDW from Northern Ontario even though the first time was quite expensive for us, because you and your fellow Cast Members made it so wonderful for her the first time around! So to make sure I won’t forget, 1000 thanks to all of you that keep making our trips magical!

On November 1st, my daughter and I will be visiting WDW at your Port Orleans Riverside Resort. As you know, we have been looking forward for this trip from November 1st to November 9th with lots of excitement. We would be most grateful if you could possibly accommodate a room request for a very Princessy Magnolia Bend Building. We have paid Garden View Room as part of our reservation. The reason we have some requests are that my daughter’s coach is a wheelchair most of the time (even more after being in the Parks….), and that she is very sensitive to noise because of her Autism. So if at all possible, we would like very, very much being as close as possible to a Bus Depot and reside on the top floor, so, again if available, be located in a building with elevators. It would be more than magical to receive a little pixie dust if at all possible for you. It would be the most magical experience for my little one to receive such a magical and Princessy gift. If by any chance, a fridge would happen to be in the room, it would make our life that much easier since she cannot be left alone for us (me) to use the fridge in the Main Building.

Of course, we completely understand that these are requests but if you can help us out to the best of your abilities we would be ever so grateful. We will be arriving very soon after planning for so long (25 months!), and would greatly appreciate any assistance you can provide in making our special vacation even more enjoyable and magical.

Sincerely et « au plaisir »,

Cilvy,
, Ontario
Cell Phone : (705)
Email :

Area Requested: Magnolia Bend, as close as possible to a Bus Depot (Wheelchair),
Paid for Garden View,
Must be on top floor with elevator, and a fridge (Autism).

sniff, sniff, no ticker! .... oops, just for now, since DH asked me when I would go back.........

DLParis - Août 2017 ; DCL-Magic Greece - Août 2017
WDW-POR - Novembre 2013 ; DCL-Fantasy Western Caribbean - Novembre 2013
DL-Paradise Pier - Février 2012 ; DCL-Wonder Mexican Riviera - Février 2012
WDW-Poly - Mai 2011 ; DCL-Dream Bahamas - Mai 2011
Old 10-27-2013, 06:20 PM   #1542
Venomhatch
DisDads #708
Cast Member - Resort
It's a growing curiosity
I got carted off in the meat wagon

Location: Originally from Newport News, VA but Home is Kissimmee, FL

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDDisney View Post
Very sorry to hear. I hope today is a better day. Keeping you and your family in my thoughts and prayers....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarheel Mom View Post
Hope you're having a better day today
Thank you Both. Very much!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clochette nordique View Post
Dear Venom, hopefully, you received my Request Letter by PM, but just in case you didn't, I copy it here. I reapeat (sorry if you saw it before) that as you read, you will understand the importance of having our request letter made as good as possible:

« Bonjour » et « Bonne journée » to you and your fellow Cast Members,

Hopefully, you’re having a wonderful day today! I’d first like you to know that I’m writing you on the behalf of my daughter who lives with numerous special needs, including Cerebral Palsy, Autism and Learning Disabilities, so she cannot be writing this letter to you. Now, because of her very strong will, she became verbal and can walk a bit. We are going back to WDW from Northern Ontario even though the first time was quite expensive for us, because you and your fellow Cast Members made it so wonderful for her the first time around! So to make sure I won’t forget, 1000 thanks to all of you that keep making our trips magical!

On November 1st, my daughter and I will be visiting WDW at your Port Orleans Riverside Resort. As you know, we have been looking forward for this trip from November 1st to November 9th with lots of excitement. We would be most grateful if you could possibly accommodate a room request for a very Princessy Magnolia Bend Building. We have paid Garden View Room as part of our reservation. The reason we have some requests are that my daughter’s coach is a wheelchair most of the time (even more after being in the Parks….), and that she is very sensitive to noise because of her Autism. So if at all possible, we would like very, very much being as close as possible to a Bus Depot and reside on the top floor, so, again if available, be located in a building with elevators. It would be more than magical to receive a little pixie dust if at all possible for you. It would be the most magical experience for my little one to receive such a magical and Princessy gift. If by any chance, a fridge would happen to be in the room, it would make our life that much easier since she cannot be left alone for us (me) to use the fridge in the Main Building.

Of course, we completely understand that these are requests but if you can help us out to the best of your abilities we would be ever so grateful. We will be arriving very soon after planning for so long (25 months!), and would greatly appreciate any assistance you can provide in making our special vacation even more enjoyable and magical.

Sincerely et « au plaisir »,

Cilvy,
, Ontario
Cell Phone : (705)
Email :

Area Requested: Magnolia Bend, as close as possible to a Bus Depot (Wheelchair),
Paid for Garden View,
Must be on top floor with elevator, and a fridge (Autism).
I did receive it I have been busy with a few things like tending to arrangements for my friends funeral. I am in the process of looking over all of my PMs.
Old 10-27-2013, 06:47 PM   #1543
scampagna6
Mouseketeer

Quote:

I did receive it I have been busy with a few things like tending to arrangements for my friends funeral. I am in the process of looking over all of my PMs.

Venomhatch Just wanted to say how sorry I am to hear of the loss of your friend. Cherish the memories of good times spent with your friend to help get you through this most difficult time. ((Hugs))
Old 10-27-2013, 06:49 PM   #1544
3smithboys
DIS Veteran

Quote:

So sorry to hear about the loss of your friend....
Old 10-27-2013, 07:21 PM   #1545
Venomhatch
DisDads #708
Cast Member - Resort
It's a growing curiosity
I got carted off in the meat wagon

Location: Originally from Newport News, VA but Home is Kissimmee, FL

Quote:
Originally Posted by scampagna6 View Post
Venomhatch Just wanted to say how sorry I am to hear of the loss of your friend. Cherish the memories of good times spent with your friend to help get you through this most difficult time. ((Hugs))
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3smithboys View Post
So sorry to hear about the loss of your friend....
Thank you both very much. As I do not want to tie this thread up and take it off topic thank you very much for your thoughts. If you do feel to share sympathies then you may PM me and I will respond. But I do not want to hijack the thread.

Thx
D~
Closed Thread

Tags
faq, por, port orleans riverside

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: