Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: Akl vs BC vs POR RR
AKL Savannah View DVC Points 17 48.57%
BC DVC Points 14 40.00%
POR Royal Room 4 11.43%
Voters: 35. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-15-2013, 08:04 PM   #16
shpdem
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarlett24 View Post
Not sure when you are going, but we stayed at YC/BC in May and did not find Stromalong Bay crowded at all. It was our first time staying there, and we loved it. The pool provides hours of fun, and I do mean hours because there is so much to do there. There is a little beach at the pool the kids can play in, a cute slide my 3 & 6 year olds loved, the pool itself is huge and there is a small "lazy river" area. Also, they had movies on the beach at night, which was really fun. You can also easily walk around to all the festivities at the Boardwalk Resort.
sorry planning on going in middle of september

shpdem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 12:02 PM   #17
herb102211
DIS Veteran

I would go with the Beach Club! While AKL is a beautiful resort, it’s very far away from all of the parks except AK. If you stay at the Beach Club, you can walk or take the boats to Epcot and HS. The BC also has a character breakfast at Cape May Café. Stormalong Bay is the best pool at Disney, IMO. We’ve stayed at the BC and BCV many times and it’s our favorite resort.

Have fun choosing!

*Food, Wine & Christmas Time..A November 2012 TR*
Wining & Dining Around the World~ An October '13 TR
5/08- Offsite, 5/09- Pop Century, 11/09 (engagement!)- Pop Century, 3/10- Pop Century/Disney Wonder 4 Nt Bahamas, 9/10- Pop Century, 3/11- Beach Club/ Disney Dream 3 Nt Bahamas, 5/11- Beach Club, 10/11- (Disneymoon) Beach Club, 12/11-Beach Club 3/12- BCV/BLT , 5/12- BCV/OKW/BLT, 9/12-BWV/BCV/BLT/AoA, 11/12- BCV 2/13- BCV/OKW, 4/13-BWV, 9/13- BWV, 10/13- Yacht Club , 2/14- BWV, 4/14- BWV/WL, 7/14- Yacht Club, 10/14- Beach Club
Me (28) DH (28)
herb102211 is online now   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-16-2013, 01:52 PM   #18
Wood Nymph
DIS Veteran

I choose AKL for several reasons:

1. it has a playground - BC/YC/BCV's don't have one
2. it has a great pool - it is not as wonderful as Storm Along Bay at the BC, but since your daughter is 5 years old, the AKL might be a better option right now
3. Animals - what kid doesn't love animals. If you weren't getting savanaugh view, then I would have picked BCV.
4. Better options for food at AKL. There is a real counter service restaurant at AK. The BC doesn't have a good counter service option.

Now we love the BCV's and have stayed in them three times. We started going there when our kids were teens and preteens, so it was perfect for them. We love Epcot and the World Showcase. So if you decide on the BCV's, then you will have made a good choice, too. You can't go wrong with either AKV or BCV.

Next up: YC - Sept 24th to 28th and WL - Oct 22 - 27, 2014
BC - March 19th to 25th, 2014, WL - Jan 23 - 27, 2014; WL - Nov 30 - Dec 5, 2013; WL - Feb 5 -11, 2013; BC - April 2011, BW - January 2009, BCV - 2007, 2005, 2003, Poly - 2002;
BC - 2001, 1998, 1994, 1992; YC - 1997; GF - 1989, 1988; Poly - 1987, 1986, 1985; CR - 1981, 1980; offsite - 1982, 1976, 1973
Wood Nymph is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 08:43 AM   #19
prune1977
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by shpdem View Post
sorry planning on going in middle of september
It depends upon what the most important factors are for you. Is it the room is themed for a little girl, location to parks, attractions, resort restaurants, or things to do at the resort.

If it's the theming of the the rooms, then I'd go with POR royal guest rooms, We've never stayed there but visited and staff was very friendly and interactive with our kids.

If it's things to do at the resort, then for sure it would be AKL as they have so many activities there, you could stay a week and not leave the resort and have a blast. Only negatives for us was the walk to get to any restaurants or the pool or even the bus stop from our room seem liked it was a mile or more away. Also the bus service when we were there wasn't good.

If it's the location to parks, my vote would be BC as I loved the location plus didn't take long to get to restaurants from our room, pool was great even for little ones, there's a slide in the backside of the ship made just for little ones where they won't go under when they go down it. pool is only 3ft deep all the way across in that area. Also we had excellent bus service when we went to MK and WParks as we never had much of a wait. Staff may have been the friendliest staff we've ever had with maybe the exception of WL. Also they had poolside activities for the kids which our kids loved and lots of sand to play in as well, several activities as well but not as many as AKL. I should also add we went in Sept and the SAB didn't seem that busy to us.

I guess it just depends upon what you're wanting.

: Christmas surprise AKL: Jan 2012

dream stay? plus Mom & dad went with us Poly: Jan 2013

Surprise trip for the kids, 1st time waterparks Beach Club Sept 13,

Last edited by prune1977; 10-24-2013 at 09:09 AM.
prune1977 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 03:25 PM   #20
Tikicristi
Earning My Ears

I've never stayed at AKL or BC but we just returned on Tues night from a 5-day stay at POR in a royal room and it was purely magical! If you have a daughter that loves the princesses, do it. The room was beautiful and had so many unique touches with the photos of princesses, princes, light-up fireworks on the headboards and lots of symbols and characters weaved into all the decor throughout the room. Everything was gold and shiny, Everything was new and clean and the rooms were nice and roomy. My daughter, age 7, LOVED it. Upon check in she received a special note (in a scroll) from Princess Tiana and the look on her face when the CM gave her that was priceless. She talked about it the entire trip and was oonvinced we were staying in Tianna's guest room. She even took it to show-and-tell at school the day after we got home. Oh and our "mousekeeper," Pam, was amazing. She not only made unique towel animals I've never seen she put my DD's animals in funny little poses everyday - DD still talks about this too. She talks more about the room at POR than all the things we did in the park since we returned!

The royal rooms are in the mansions and ours was on 3rd floor facing the quiet pool. The grounds are just gorgeous. It was not a far walk to the main food court area or main pool where we were located. The main pool was awesome - DD swam and went down that huge waterslide over and over. And there are other areas where there is pouring water and the pool is huge. We just loved our stay at POR.

Again, never stayed at the other 2 although we had dinner at Boma and walked around AKL but to be honest, I thought it was really too dark decor and we never saw in any animals. I am sure maybe you do if you are there longer but for us, the royal rooms created a wonderful, magical experience for our daughter.

Just my 2cents!
Tikicristi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 03:35 PM   #21
Babsy
DIS Veteran

I selected BC, because there is so much to do in the BC area as well as a fabulous pool and the easy walk to Epcot and DHS!

That said, the AKL is a very close runner up! POR is nice, but not in the same league as BC and AKL, IMO.

two great choices - you can't go wrong with either.
Babsy is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: