Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-15-2013, 09:29 AM   #1
MentalVacation
Mouseketeer

Red face Can't remember where I saw it: SSR Congress Park/Walkway ???

Ok, I saw that the DTD walkway by Congress Park is CLOSED making our request for that area less enticing (but probably more likely to be granted! LOL)

I was reading the Dis late one night this week and saw that while this walkway was closed, there was another walkway to the DTD Westside.....but now I can't find that thread with search.

SOoooooOOooo, SSR experts -- if Congress Park is no longer enticing, where should I request based on proximity to DTD walkway (to westside) with thoughts on pools/bus stops/etc also welcome....We are young and healthy and not afraid to walk, but it would be nice to be nearby if there is one area that is better than others. We have little kids so the pool would be the second item for proximity, and I thought I read one of the pools (Grandstand?) was closed? But again, I was very tired when reading and thus could just be confused.

October 2013 -- Saratoga Springs -- DS will turn 7 the day before we leave, DD (1st trip) will turn 4 on the trip. Birthdays at Disney!!!!!!
May 2009 - 1st Trip w/DS - AKL
May 2004 - Engaged! - POFQ
December 1998 - ASM (never again Herbie the Love Bug!)
March 1995 - Off property
October 1994 - Caribbean Beach - Unofficial Senior trip
August 1993 - Off property - First trip!
August 1992 - Disneyland - First trip!
MentalVacation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 10:24 AM   #2
abdgeek
DIS Veteran

I believe the only walkway to DTD from SSR was the one behind Congress Park. Because that is closed due to the construction at DTD, you would need to take the WDW bus to DTD or the boat. When the new DTD area is finished, there will be a walkway over the water to DTD.

If you really wanted to walk, you could walk out the front of the resort along the street to DTD. However, I wouldn't advise that because there is no sidewalk for you to walk on until you get to where the old path was. Given all of that, it really doesn't matter where you stay. If you want to be close to the boat, you will need to stay somewhere near the main lobby(Grandstand, Springs, Carousel--if I remember correctly). Grandstand if the first bus stop out of the 5 stops. If your priority is being the first on a bus, stay there.
abdgeek is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-15-2013, 10:36 AM   #3
Deb & Bill
DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention

Quote:
Originally Posted by MentalVacation View Post
Ok, I saw that the DTD walkway by Congress Park is CLOSED making our request for that area less enticing (but probably more likely to be granted! LOL)

I was reading the Dis late one night this week and saw that while this walkway was closed, there was another walkway to the DTD Westside.....but now I can't find that thread with search.

SOoooooOOooo, SSR experts -- if Congress Park is no longer enticing, where should I request based on proximity to DTD walkway (to westside) with thoughts on pools/bus stops/etc also welcome....We are young and healthy and not afraid to walk, but it would be nice to be nearby if there is one area that is better than others. We have little kids so the pool would be the second item for proximity, and I thought I read one of the pools (Grandstand?) was closed? But again, I was very tired when reading and thus could just be confused.
Quote:
Originally Posted by abdgeek View Post
I believe the only walkway to DTD from SSR was the one behind Congress Park. Because that is closed due to the construction at DTD, you would need to take the WDW bus to DTD or the boat. When the new DTD area is finished, there will be a walkway over the water to DTD.

If you really wanted to walk, you could walk out the front of the resort along the street to DTD. However, I wouldn't advise that because there is no sidewalk for you to walk on until you get to where the old path was. Given all of that, it really doesn't matter where you stay. If you want to be close to the boat, you will need to stay somewhere near the main lobby(Grandstand, Springs, Carousel--if I remember correctly). Grandstand if the first bus stop out of the 5 stops. If your priority is being the first on a bus, stay there.
There is a second walkway that comes out on the Westside near Cirque Du Soliel. I'm not sure which location might be the best though. Maybe the Grandstand??

Stop the madness. No more DVC construction.
Bring back Vacation Magic. Dump Disney Files!
Stopped drinking the Kool-aid long ago.
Deb & Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 12:43 PM   #4
goofy4tink
Likes little devils
I know I'm getting old...I get it, I really do
Prisoner of Toy Story Mania

DISboards Moderator

Springs is probably the best. Grandstand would be okay as well. The walkway is behind Turf Club and Bar...down by the water and the boat docks. We'll be using that walkway in Dec.

goofy4tink is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: