Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-17-2013, 12:05 PM   #16
crystal1313
DIS Veteran

We just got back from our annual adults only trip! DH and I actually don't do a whole lot at the parks, lol. We take it easy, grab fastpasses or single rider for the attractions we love. It's nice to sit with my husband on a ride for a change. I love taking the boys, but going back just the two of us reminds of both of going before we had kids. It's fun.

Take lots of snack breaks and in general, just enjoy each others company and be thankful we are able to have entire conversations without being interrupted! haha. We actually grabbed starbucks a couple of times and just sat and enjoyed our drink. I finally tried the massive cinnamon roll there, it was SO good! I also finally tried Red's apple freeze at the cozy cones too. Mmm! It was nice to slowly walk through stores and look at all the merchandise, not just what my kids want to look at. I also finally got to look at all the menus at the Cozy Cones I really wanted to try the pomegranate vodka drink, but at the time we were there I was super hot and thought alcohol probably wasn't the best idea. We LOVE Trader Sam's. We like to go and at least get one drink there. It's so fun! Even outside is great, especially when they have live music. Even though we didn't this trip, we like to have a sit down dinner at the park. Either BB or Carnation.

Have a wonderful time!!
crystal1313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 12:13 PM   #17
DizMe
Here we gooooo...
It's amazing how that happens

A spot I visited for the first time last week is the lounge above Wine Country Trattoria. It's an outdoor balcony above the wine bar and looks out over DCA towards Carsland. We had a wonderful time there (5 women), chatting and enjoying the view. My friend had this wonderful drink called the Godiva Chocolate Flight or something like that. You get 3 little glasses of different Godiva liqueurs. In the top of each is a strawberry with a little glass gizmo that infuses the strawberry with the liqueur. Hard to explain, but it's pretty and not that pricey! I think it was $9. I'll look for a photo.

Downstairs, they have wine tasting and port tasting. The port is paired with cheese. They used to have port and chocolate tasting but that's no longer offered, though they told us you could bring your own (Ghirardelli is right there!) and do it. The cost for that isn't much and it's fun. You get your own wine maven telling you about each type.

It's also fun to sit by one of the outdoor fireplaces (one at DLH and one at GCH) or any of the indoor fireplaces.

Check out the swing dancing at the Princess theater in DL! Very cool.

DizHe and DizMe DizWees DizHe & Our 4 Princesses
DizMe is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-17-2013, 12:28 PM   #18
DizMe
Here we gooooo...
It's amazing how that happens

Here's a picture of that Godiva thing:
DizMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 02:17 PM   #19
aleighc1
Mad in Wonderland

Quote:
Originally Posted by DizMe View Post
Here's a picture of that Godiva thing:

THAT is going on our must-do list now!!!!

Thank you for all the suggestions, this is great! I'm so excited for this trip, I just wish we could have had two days instead of only one. (alas, I have a midterm the day we fly home so I had to book an early flight and will be cramming on the plane)
aleighc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 04:07 PM   #20
Mast115
Earning My Ears

My wife and I always try to do a different tour when we are kid free- usually you get to learn a few new things, plus get on a few rides as well
Mast115 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 07:01 PM   #21
FreshBakedDisney
Mouseketeer

I would definitely say Main Street. Everything slow and low-fi that kids don't like. Main Street vehicles, Great Moments with Lincoln, The Disneyland Band in front of the castle, dapper dans, the parade. From rope drop to sundown, there is ALWAYS something worth seeing in Town Square/Main Street and the Hub.
FreshBakedDisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 11:49 AM   #22
GeneralTso
DIS Veteran

Oh my gosh--it is THE BEST time!
It's how we do Disney the majority of the time. Kids are all grown and gone, so when we have them with us, it's special and a lot of fun.

Loved doing Disney with little kids, it's truly an awesome way to experience it. Now I do mom/daughter trips and that is really a cool thing. She's such a Disney kid from the times we went when she was little.

But now, with my husband, totally different experience. Just walking around, holding hands, on your own time table. Just chillin' and relaxing and doing things as you want to. Eat when you want to, leave when you want to.

Trader Sams was a lot of fun. We were there for a few hours. Ate there, had cocktails, just had a great time.

Riding the rides is terrific. I mean, who doesn't kiss on Haunted Mansion in the doom buggy, right?
GeneralTso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 07:18 PM   #23
KeKy4
Mouseketeer

I second (maybe third and fourth) the Blue Bayou! DH and I want to go there when our kids are bigger, don't anticipate a trip without them anytime soon! Enjoy!!
KeKy4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 10:26 PM   #24
grumpy's fan
Mouseketeer

You could read the book Disneyland Quest by Matt Ainsworth (amazon 3.99) before you go and hunt down all the items in the book (nostalgia items such as the Skyway boarding area, Tinkerbell's landing site in the tree tops, mine train cave entrance etc)

We did that the last time we visited and it was fun!

Last edited by grumpy's fan; 09-20-2013 at 06:26 PM.
grumpy's fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 08:37 PM   #25
aleighc1
Mad in Wonderland

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeKy4 View Post
I second (maybe third and fourth) the Blue Bayou! DH and I want to go there when our kids are bigger, don't anticipate a trip without them anytime soon! Enjoy!!

I secured us a lunch reservation at Blue Bayou! We unexpectedly ended up being able to eat there when we went in the spring (we brought my mom to help with the kids, and ended up having a date night), and my husband loved it so much and has been talking about going back. I wasn't sure I'd be able to get a reservation since it's only two weeks out and touring plans is predicting it to be a busy day, but I just got the confirmation email!! I think I just made my husband's day when I called him to let him know.

Has anyone stayed at Best Western Stovall's recently? I wanted to book the Fairfield again through LMTC, but their rooms were all gone and I didn't want to pay the price I was quoted on the Fairfield site. I ended up booking Stovall's For $70 instead. I don't need fancy or anything, I'm just hoping for clean and comfortable enough to get 6 hours of sleep before we have to hop on another plane.

I'm getting so stinking excited for this trip!! Just two weeks away
aleighc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 10:26 PM   #26
old lady
DIS Veteran

Sneak some kisses on the riverboat and the rides.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: