Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-14-2013, 11:27 PM   #1
Kemorr
Mouseketeer

Two Different Types of Tickets and MBs

I have a magic your way package with a single Magic Kingdom ticket on it so we could get dining. I then have 5 day tickets from UCT (paper tickets). Our first day will be at MK.

My question is: should I just have them put the one day ticket on the MB at check in and then add the UCT tickets to the MB after I have entered MK that first day, or can I add the 5 day UCT tickets to the magic band at check in? I'm just worried that the band will use up the 5 day tickets first and then when I try to enter Epcot on the last day, I won't be able to because it will only have a MK specific ticket left on the band. Or, should I just have the 1 day tickets put on the KTTW card and the 5 day tickets put on the MB?
Kemorr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 12:12 AM   #2
Robo
Attention: There's a '71 Castle in the Hub with its lights on!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kemorr View Post
I have a magic your way package with a single Magic Kingdom ticket on it so we could get dining.
Why did you buy the more expensive (by only $5, of course) one-day "MK ticket" just to get dining?
Why didn't you buy the less expensive one-day ticket that's good at the other 3 parks?

To address you question directly, there are mixed reports of (the current, at-this-time) MagicBands
not being able to accurately handle "multiple tickets" at the same time.

The safe bet is "one ticket at a time, per band."

And, I don't think that you can distinguish the MagicBand ticket and the KTTW ticket
as far as assets go. If you put a ticket "onto" one (the band) it also goes "onto" the other (the KTTW card.)

Last edited by Robo; 09-15-2013 at 12:24 AM.
Robo is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-15-2013, 09:23 AM   #3
Kemorr
Mouseketeer

I bought the more expensive MK ticket, because I knew that there might be an issue having 2 different types of tickets on the band and I knew we are going to MK that first day. I figured if we can only have one type of ticket on the band at a time, I will just put the one day ticket on the band, use it up on day 1, then get the 5 day tickets added on at MK in the afternoon. Given that I bought the 1 day ticket directly from Disney, it seemed though it would be easier and less complicated for the resort to put that ticket on first and use it up first, versus using up the 5 day tickets first then having an Epcot ticket added before our last day.
Kemorr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 10:06 AM   #4
bjakmom

DIS Veteran
Tag Fairies DO have a lot of love to go around!

I just talked to IT this morning about adding multiple tickets to people on MDEx. My scenario is similar to yours, but I have one day left on my AP that must be used because it expires on my first day and then I was going to add another ticket so I could schedule FP+ for the additional days.
IT said that the resort front desks and/or GR outside of the park could 'prioritize' a ticket for me before I enter the park, but that the system would not let ME do it (he said 'yet'). I think the word he used for the front desk was "should" be able to do it - so take that with a grain of salt.
He confirmed that if I entered with 2 tickets linked to my MB without having one ticket 'prioritized' over the other, there was no way to know which one would get used - possibly loosing my ability to use the last day of my AP.

bjakmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 11:23 AM   #5
MamaJessie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjakmom View Post
IT said that the resort front desks and/or GR outside of the park could 'prioritize' a ticket for me before I enter the park, but that the system would not let ME do it (he said 'yet'). I think the word he used for the front desk was "should" be able to do it - so take that with a grain of salt.
I have to add my old NE tickets to my MB to make any more FP+ selections and it is making me nervous. I never had to 'prioritize' tickets before but that was also the advice given to me by the IT CM.
Old 09-26-2013, 01:05 PM   #6
Robo
Attention: There's a '71 Castle in the Hub with its lights on!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaJessie View Post
I have to add my old NE tickets to my MB to make any more FP+ selections and it is making me nervous. I never had to 'prioritize' tickets before but that was also the advice given to me by the IT CM.
'Prioritize' just means... which ticket do you want to use (or "use up") FIRST.
Robo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 01:48 PM   #7
MissRoseRed
Mouseketeer

We are here now, and having mixed experiences with the magic bands. I think if they get the kinks worked out, it'll be great, but not so much now.

You need to go to guest relations outside of a park to make sure your tickets are prioritized correctly. They cannot do anything with the magic bands and tickets at resorts (at least that's what my concierge said). We have both APs and Park hoppers so I wanted to remove the park hoppers to save for later. Front desk couldn't help (they were useless with all MB questions), concierge told us to go into the park - thank goodness I read these boards and knew not to do that!

Went to guest relations outside Animal Kingdom and they were awesome. Able to remove the park hoppers to separate cards within minutes. The CM said that our bands were prioritized correctly and the AP would have come up first, but that many bands were not prioritizing. She said it's always best to check in with them before entering the park, because while they will fix any mix ups inside, it becomes much more complicated and time consuming.

Hope it works smoothly for you!

Check out my Disney videos at http://www.youtube.com/tinytommistudios
MissRoseRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 02:42 PM   #8
RSWA2
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissRoseRed View Post
Went to guest relations outside Animal Kingdom and they were awesome. Able to remove the park hoppers to separate cards within minutes. The CM said that our bands were prioritized correctly and the AP would have come up first, but that many bands were not prioritizing. She said it's always best to check in with them before entering the park, because while they will fix any mix ups inside, it becomes much more complicated and time consuming.

Hope it works smoothly for you!
Did you lose any FP+ reservations made with those PHs when they were removed onto the cards? Or were you able to keep those?
RSWA2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 04:34 PM   #9
MissRoseRed
Mouseketeer

All of our FP+ & ADRs remained on the band just fine when the PHs were removed. I was prepared to lose the FP+s! but it worked out ok!

Check out my Disney videos at http://www.youtube.com/tinytommistudios
MissRoseRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 04:39 PM   #10
RSWA2
Mouseketeer

Thanks MissRoseRed
RSWA2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: