Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-14-2013, 05:58 PM   #1
Terk-1
Cinderella's Castle is My 2nd Home!! Only 1,302.5 miles from the Magic Kingdom!

Red face Please Tell Me I Did Not Mess-up!!

Had to change from my favorite Port Orleans French Quarter down to a value for my upcoming trip. Art of Animation (standard) is not available for most of the time there, so I had to choose between Pop or the All Stars. The last few days I am there is when Pop Warner takes over the All Stars, so I chose Pop. Did not have the best experience the last time, but want to give it another try, especially since it is across the water from AoA. I'm going to keep trying for AoA, but unsure if anything will open up.

Did I choose the right value? Should I have gone with Movies and kept my fingers crossed it would not be mobbed with cheerleaders screaming late into the night?
80,82,85,88,90,93,94, 96 - ASMu, 97-98 - DxL, 99 - POFQ & BC, 00 - WL & POFQ, 01 - ASMo, 02 - Poly, 03 - CBR & WL, 04 -Pop, 05 - GC @ DL, 06 - POFQ, 07 - San Diego, 08 - San Diego (twice), 09 - Sports, 11 - Port Orleans French Quarter, 12 - Yellowstone & Grand Tetons
October 2013 - First Disney Cruise!!!! Western Caribbean on the Wonder
November-December 2013 - Art of Animation & Pop Century

November-December 2014 - Eastern Caribbean on the Fantasy!!

Pictures & Video from November 2011 Trip! More to upload.

http://community.webshots.com/user/wdwfan6
Terk-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 06:03 PM   #2
POOHsie
DIS Veteran

Best Choice, hands down! You'll be so close, it will be almost the same as being at AoA. And Pop is better than All Stars for many reasons. Lots of threads lately comparing the two.
POOHsie is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-14-2013, 06:58 PM   #3
Babsy
DIS Veteran

Really good choice!! I have been at AS with crowds of cheerleaders! Would stay away in future if I had the choice.

Also, Pop is across the water from AoA. Way cool!!!

Good idea to give Pop another chance. It us a great value resort, IMO.
Babsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 07:25 AM   #4
jhryb
DIS Veteran

I have never stayed at AoA - but b/w all of the other values Pop definitely is the way to go!
Old 09-15-2013, 07:49 AM   #5
4kids4karen
DIS Veteran

All Stars the food court is down at that time. I was searching for anything official from Pop Warner on where the cheerleaders were staying and it is still not officially out there. My daughter is a cheerleader but is not Pop Warner. Since the food court is down, I would think PW and Disney would not put the kids where there is no food court. But... who knows where they will end up staying. I would think that Disney would already know something since they have to block book off the rooms.
4kids4karen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 08:12 AM   #6
Chaoticsweetness
Mouseketeer

Pop is hands down the best value. AoA comes in second for me. I wouldn't stay at any of the All Stars.
Old 09-15-2013, 08:51 AM   #7
nkereina
Wendy Darling

When are you going? Pop Warner is the second week of December this year.
nkereina is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 09:03 AM   #8
MADnNOLA
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4kids4karen View Post
All Stars the food court is down at that time. I was searching for anything official from Pop Warner on where the cheerleaders were staying and it is still not officially out there. My daughter is a cheerleader but is not Pop Warner. Since the food court is down, I would think PW and Disney would not put the kids where there is no food court. But... who knows where they will end up staying. I would think that Disney would already know something since they have to block book off the rooms.
Only the food court at ASSports is under renovation. Grab-and-go food items (cold sandwiches, cereal, etc.) will be available in a temporary location -- the Game Point Arcade. (Arcade games will not be available during this refurbishment.) Motor coach transportation to the other All-Star Resorts will be available throughout the day during this period, and two motor coaches will run during mealtimes.

That said, I don't think you can go wrong with any of the Value Resorts. I have stayed at all but AoA. I think they each have their own advantages and disadvantages. But if you wish to avoid PW, stay with PoP.
"Twenty years from now, you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do, than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails." - Samuel L. Clemens

MADnNOLA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 09:49 AM   #9
mummy2nj
Earning My Ears

We returned home last night from Movies and I definitely think you made a good decision. We weren't too happy with Movies. Lots of gross incidents there including diaperless babies in the pools, women dripping menstrual blood (I am not even making that up!) and LOUD people in the pools & walkways all hours of the night. We're done with value resorts because of the groups. (though our kids LOVED it)
mummy2nj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 09:52 AM   #10
tpimental
Mouseketeer

We have loved our two stays at Pop. You are so close to AoA too. You can walk over to eat and such. We stayed at AoA last year were able to take the Pop bus one night and walk over. It's so great that they are connected.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: