Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-14-2013, 10:43 AM   #16
EvaSue
DIS Veteran

Definitely food! Since this is my first cruise with my little one, I think we'll go right to the Magic's new and improved toddler-friendly splash area! We'll grab food and grab a lounge chair for sure! As soon as the room is ready, I'll be up there in a lightening flash to check out our extra big balcony and soak in the beginning of a magical 5 days!
EvaSue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 12:27 PM   #17
Crackleandpop
Earning My Ears

We were number four boarding group so we went straight to the pool. DS was the only one in the Mickey Pool and then we moved to the Goofy pool and met the family who turned out to be on our table at dinner (and are now our pen pals). We ate lunch in Topsiders, by which time our room was ready. After dumping the wet swimwear and meeting our room host we walked the ship - managed to go to open house at the Lab, play table tennis, take tonnes of photos, and people watch in the atrium all before the muster drill.

We had a great spot on deck ten for the sail away party but we only stayed until the characters went and then went back to our room to get ready for dinner. DS loved being the first in the dining room and getting applause.

It's amazing how much you can fit in in six hours and still feel relaxed.
Crackleandpop is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-14-2013, 12:32 PM   #18
pigletforever
DIS Veteran

it is our first cruise but I know what to do. lunch, Room if available,guest services, kids club (even tho he is registred online he needs to look at both oceaneers and edge) spa, pool. I may hit spa while hubs and son hit pool.

1994 off site (WDW), 1996 Contemp (WDW),
2006 AKL CL (WDW), 2009 OCTOBER 21-25 Sheraton Anaheim (DLR), 2010 Jan 4 -9 Holiday Inn and Suites (DLR)
Dec2010/Jan 2011WL (WDW), November 16,2013 Wonder, November 23, 2014 Magic
pigletforever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 01:55 PM   #19
Gigi22
DIS Veteran

Lunch in whatever MDR is open at lunchtime. Then, reconfirm any reservations we have made for Palo/Remy dining, or switch bookings if we find a conflict/problem. Go to the salon/spa and make any appointments, get a Rainforest Room pass. Grab an adult beverage. Check out our cabin.
Old 09-14-2013, 02:28 PM   #20
Meghatron
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by motogp View Post
When you first arrive onboard, what are your favorite things to do before the Sail Away Party? When is the best time to register your children at the Kids Club---before or after the Party/Drill?
Beeline for the pool deck. Quick service for lunch and water play. We register our kids in the terminal before boarding.

Sent from my Tricorder using DISBoards
Meghatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 07:24 PM   #21
mom4fun
DIS Veteran

We ate at cabanas, went on the aquaduct, played goofy golf and then did the sports simulator. Not sure what we will do on the wonder.
Old 09-14-2013, 07:41 PM   #22
footballmouse
DIS Veteran

We wore our bathing suits on board then headed right to the pool & AquaDuck. No line, nobody in pool yet and had the pick of chairs. As more people started coming on the pool started getting crowded then we went to lunch then to our room to unpack.
footballmouse is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: