Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-13-2013, 09:11 PM   #1
Scrubba2
Mouseketeer

Help! Wonder or Fantasy 10/26

The Fantasy Oct. 26 out of FL sailing has GVT pricing right now (I may be too late if I debate this too long) that for our family of 3, $2768. for a verandah on the 7 day Caribbean with stops at Grand Cayaman, Costa Maya, Cozumel and Castaway Cay.
The Wonder out of Galveston has ocean view rooms for $2083. for a 7 day cruise same dates with stops in Key West, Castaway Cay, and Nassau.
My indecision is killing me.
Can anyone share some opinions?
Maybe I can decide before ALL is sold out!
We have cruised on the Wonder to Costa Maya, Cozumel, and Grand Cayman last year with a verandah view room which was amazing.

Last edited by Scrubba2; 09-13-2013 at 09:16 PM. Reason: Added that we have cruised the Wonder before
Scrubba2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 09:15 PM   #2
PrincessShmoo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrubba2 View Post
The Fantasy Oct. 26 out of FL sailing has GVT pricing right now (I may be too late if I debate this too long) that for our family of 3, $2768. for a verandah on the 7 day Caribbean with stops at Grand Cayaman, Costa Maya, Cozumel and Castaway Cay.
The Wonder out of Galveston has ocean view rooms for $2083. for a 7 day cruise same dates with stops in Key West, Castaway Cay, and Nassau.
My indecision is killing me.
Can anyone share some opinions?
Maybe I can decide before ALL is sold out!!
Well, do you want a verandah or oceanview room? Or does it matter? The Wonder is a lower price, does that matter? How about the ports - which ones interest you more?

How about getting to the cruise? Do they both depart from the same port? How are you getting there? And how much will it cost? How easy to get to embarkation port?

13 Cruises, 8 ships, 124 nights
Panama Canal; Alaska; Med; WB Transatlantic; Mexican Riviera; Hawaii; Baja CA; Bahamas; Eastern/Western Caribbean

DL too numerous to count WDW 1974, 1983, 1985, 1989, 1991, 1997, 2001, 2008, 2014 Tokyo DL 1984
PrincessShmoo is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-13-2013, 09:28 PM   #3
Scrubba2
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessShmoo View Post
Well, do you want a verandah or oceanview room? Or does it matter? The Wonder is a lower price, does that matter? How about the ports - which ones interest you more?

How about getting to the cruise? Do they both depart from the same port? How are you getting there? And how much will it cost? How easy to get to embarkation port?
Funny thing, none of that is at issue! We can get to the ports just the same, and the costs are similar. The biggest price difference is pretty much the price difference between the ocean view vs balcony! (about $700 for 3 of us total)

Do you think that the Fantasy has more to offer than the Wonder? Do you think the verandah room on this sailing has an advantage?

We haven't been on the Fantasy! My DH just can't understand why I would want to see the ports we have visited before. I guess I want to hear how to convince him of why I should spend an extra $700 or so!

Does anyone think it is worth the extra $$??
Old 09-13-2013, 09:36 PM   #4
EPCOTatNight
I am the Polynesian Parking guy and the Original DISard of Oz.

What ports have you visited? I would vote for the Fantasy since you haven't been on it. Better ship. MUCH BETTER TERMINAL!

Sent from my IPad using DisBoards.
(8/2006 ASMo) (8/2007 Pop) (5/2009 3 night Wonder) (12/2009 ASM/Pop) (1/2011 Pop) (1/2012 CSR/WL) (1/2013 ASMo/4 night Dream) (5/2013 6 night Magic*Galveston*) (12/2013 7 night Fantasy) (3/2014 SSR) (8/2014 BLT/AKV) (1/2015 7 night Magic)

EPCOTatNight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 01:45 PM   #5
Scrubba2
Mouseketeer

Finally decided!!

I know you were on the edge of your seat in anticipation... Lol but I booked the Fantasy!! I am so excited I can hardly stand it!!
Old 09-14-2013, 01:49 PM   #6
Minniemoomoo
Mouseketeer

The best cruise we have ever been on in our 15+ cruises with DCL was a Halloween cruise many years ago aboard the Magic. You will love EVERY minute!!! So much fun. Now they have even more to offer.
Minniemoomoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 03:05 PM   #7
Scrubba2
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minniemoomoo View Post
The best cruise we have ever been on in our 15+ cruises with DCL was a Halloween cruise many years ago aboard the Magic. You will love EVERY minute!!! So much fun. Now they have even more to offer.
Great news Minniemoomoo!! Thank you!!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: