Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Reviews
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-26-2013, 10:18 PM   #91
RGirl
DIS Veteran

Ah - so sad your reviews are over.

Sorry your final Disney meal was less than stellar. I am always tempted to try Tony's, but the reviews are never great. It looks so pretty from the pictures that I suppose we will try it one day for the atmosphere and to stifle a pasta craving if nothing else.
RGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 02:13 PM   #92
DisneyJo
TGJ
Lost another competition
It's absolute bliss

Thank you for all your reviews and your wonderful final post.
DisneyJo is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-27-2013, 02:23 PM   #93
DnA2010
Mouseketeer

Just starting to read dining reviews again, yours was great, thanks!!! Just reminds me again the DH and I have to make it back to the world!
Old 10-27-2013, 04:23 PM   #94
Ron from Michigan
DIS Veteran

Thanks for the great reviews. We ate at most of the same restaurants last month that you did and enjoyed them all.
Old 10-27-2013, 05:29 PM   #95
klacey1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneybarbie View Post
Really enjoyed your food report - this is the first one I've read!

Emma x
Quote:
Originally Posted by RGirl View Post
Ah - so sad your reviews are over.

Sorry your final Disney meal was less than stellar. I am always tempted to try Tony's, but the reviews are never great. It looks so pretty from the pictures that I suppose we will try it one day for the atmosphere and to stifle a pasta craving if nothing else.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyJo View Post
Thank you for all your reviews and your wonderful final post.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DnA2010 View Post
Just starting to read dining reviews again, yours was great, thanks!!! Just reminds me again the DH and I have to make it back to the world!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron from Michigan View Post
Thanks for the great reviews. We ate at most of the same restaurants last month that you did and enjoyed them all.
Thank you so much, everyone!! It was a pleasure to write this DR, so I'm glad some people read and enjoyed it!
klacey1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 07:29 PM   #96
Mrs T 2009
DIS Veteran

Nice reviews
Helps put meals/places I've never eaten at in a perspective of trying them or not
Sept 2009- CSR/ Oct 2010- CSR&CBR/ May 2011-POFQ/ Sept 2011- Bonnet Creek/ Oct 2012- POP!/ April 2013- day trip/ Oct 2013- Disneyland/July 2014-OKW/ Oct 2014- AoA&AKLV/ Jan 2015- Sarasota&GFV/June 2015- AKLV&GFV

Mrs T 2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 01:12 AM   #97
princess_momma
DIS Veteran

Three Broomsticks looks so good! With the cm's preventing you from sitting without food and then seating you, does it make it less crowded in there? It was so crowded everywhere in Hogsmeade! I know it's done so well and HP is so great...but it was hard to enjoy it all bumping elbows with everyone all over the place! Although, since it was so hard to browse, it probably saved me quite a few galleons!

Also...what exactly is in a cornish pasty? Is it just the ground beef or are there a few other things? I'm not too familiar with meat pies, except chicken pot pies so I don't know what would really be inside!

Sounds like you really hit it out of the park with your Epcot CS choices! I'm glad they were all successes!

The Rosita looks very pretty! But unfortunately I'm not into floral flavors very much either. I love margaritas...I love that there's so much you can do with them, but the standard ways are pretty great! The rest of the meal sounds like it was great! I feel like Mexican can be done so well or so cheaply and so I'm usually pretty scared to try new places, but it sounds like we may have to head over there sometime!

Love your reviews! So sad it's over! When's the next trip?
Life Is Way Too Short to Take It Slow - Oct 2013 TR

princess_momma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 11:47 AM   #98
klacey1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs T 2009 View Post
Nice reviews
Helps put meals/places I've never eaten at in a perspective of trying them or not
I love reading about place I've never considered-- that's how we decided on Artist Point in 2011. It wasn't on my radar until I read a review that had a pic of the glorious pork belly-- I was sold, and it ended up being our favorite meal of the trip! Just one of the many reasons I love these boards!

Quote:
Originally Posted by princess_momma View Post
Three Broomsticks looks so good! With the cm's preventing you from sitting without food and then seating you, does it make it less crowded in there? It was so crowded everywhere in Hogsmeade! I know it's done so well and HP is so great...but it was hard to enjoy it all bumping elbows with everyone all over the place! Although, since it was so hard to browse, it probably saved me quite a few galleons!

Also...what exactly is in a cornish pasty? Is it just the ground beef or are there a few other things? I'm not too familiar with meat pies, except chicken pot pies so I don't know what would really be inside!

Sounds like you really hit it out of the park with your Epcot CS choices! I'm glad they were all successes!

The Rosita looks very pretty! But unfortunately I'm not into floral flavors very much either. I love margaritas...I love that there's so much you can do with them, but the standard ways are pretty great! The rest of the meal sounds like it was great! I feel like Mexican can be done so well or so cheaply and so I'm usually pretty scared to try new places, but it sounds like we may have to head over there sometime!

Love your reviews! So sad it's over! When's the next trip?
Hogshead didn't feel too crowded, but Three Broomsticks did, if only because the tables are just SO close together.
The cornish pasties were just fried meat pies with ground meat and minced potatoes/herbs. So simple and so yummy!
Yeah, the Rosita was a case of a drink looking a lot prettier than it tasted. Zach is SUPER picky and he loved La Hacienda, so I'd definitely give it a try!
Thanks for reading, girl!
Old 12-28-2013, 07:51 AM   #99
afnaechiquita
DIS Veteran

i know this is late but i just stumbled upon your reviews. i have to ask, how is the upside down caramel macchiato made??
WDW (off-site) '90 - Caribbean Beach '07 - French Quarter '08 - Riverside '11 - Riverside '12 - Tokyo DisneySea '12 (one-post quick TR here!) - DLR (off-site) '13 - Grand Californian '14 (presidential suite tour here!) - Yacht Club '14
Princess Half Marathoner '11 - '12 - GSC '14 for runGKTW! - training for DLH '14 for SOSC!

afnaechiquita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 12:43 PM   #100
klacey1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by afnaechiquita View Post
i know this is late but i just stumbled upon your reviews. i have to ask, how is the upside down caramel macchiato made??
Hi! So the idea with the upside down caramel macchiato is that the shots of espresso are in the bottom of the cup, instead of poured on top. According to Zach, this means you taste the espresso all the way through/it mixes better.
Old 01-05-2014, 12:44 PM   #101
Principessa
Mouseketeer

I loved reading your reviews. They are the perfect length for my taste. Uh oh, pun not intended.
2nd Disney Cruise June 12, 2011 Dream
DLP July 2013 Santa Fe
WDW June 2014 Bay Lake Tower HS Graduation Celebration

Principessa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 04:20 PM   #102
klacey1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Principessa View Post
I loved reading your reviews. They are the perfect length for my taste. Uh oh, pun not intended.
Thank you!! I'm glad you enjoyed them!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: