Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Reviews
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-16-2013, 09:43 AM   #16
wiigirl
DIS Veteran

Following along!
Old 09-16-2013, 02:21 PM   #17
Disneyluvr81
Mouseketeer

I'm in!! Can't wait to read more! So glad you guys had a great time at Biergarten! My DH loved the strudel too!!

A Tale of Two Castles and a Dumbo Double Dare for Good Measure - a Sept 13 TR
Two Castles in 24 Hours...Bring it On! A Sept 2013 PTR

Jan 2015 - Dopey / Nov 2014 - Wine & Dine / Aug 2014 - DVC Cruise / April 2014 - Family Trip / Feb 2014 - Princess Weekend / Sept 2013 - Anniversary / Jan 2013 - WDW Marathon / Sept 2011 - Anniversary / Dec 2009 - Xmas Trip / Sept 2008 - Honeymoon / Jan 2007 - 1st Trip

Disneyluvr81 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-16-2013, 05:57 PM   #18
cdhale
Mouseketeer

I had the Altenmunster Oktoberfest, too.

Nov 14 ~ Poly * Sept 13 ~ POFQ * Jan 11 ~ Poly * Jan 10 ~ Poly * Jan 09 ~ WL * Feb 02 ~ DTD * Mar 97 ~ CBR * Mar 89 ~ off site

cdhale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 08:23 PM   #19
princess_momma
DIS Veteran

Hooray for dining reviews!! I'm so glad you did one! I need to do it as well!

I'm so glad you love Biergarten...it is a must do for all my favorite Dis-friends it feels like! We had a great time there! The beer was so good and I love your thorough descriptions!
Life Is Way Too Short to Take It Slow - Oct 2013 TR
I Kept My Eyes Open the Whole Time! - Nov 2014 TR

princess_momma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 10:28 PM   #20
dshouse4
Mouseketeer

Great reviews. Want to go to Biergarten on our next trip.

dshouse4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 02:41 AM   #21
emmysmommy
DIS Veteran

Hi Kylie! I'm finally subscribing.

Sounds like an awesome start with a 9 and a 10 rating for your first two meals!

I'm not a fish fan but I would try the scallops at Cookes. Looks like a fun place to eat.

I so love your choices at Biergarten. It's been a contender since 2006 and I've still never been. (Truth be told, I owe my DH a meal at Biergarten since I walked away from eating there 8 years ago.)

I'm so curious about the pretzel bread since I love Le Cellier's bread. Everything just looks so good. And your 10 rating has me wanting to try it more than ever.

That mug for the soda looks like some I have at home.

Great start to your reviews!!
emmysmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 08:24 AM   #22
vettegirl
Proud USAF Wife!

Great start to your DR. You had great meals at two of my all time favorites. Also love the pic of the beer in Epcot, looks delicious.
Old 09-21-2013, 11:15 AM   #24
klacey1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by librarygeek View Post
Yes, you must finish this dining review because I will be eagerly anticipating the whole thing!

I haven't tried Cookes yet - but it looks delicious! Battered anything sounds great Earl of Sandwich is our current favorite place to grab a quick bite in DTD.

Thanks for the Biergarten review! I've also been debating whether or not I'd like it. I feel the same way you do about buffets, and like Zach I don't like sauerkraut! But your review is making me feel better about trying it some day! I've actually been talking about a hypothetical (as of now) trip with my brother and I'm wondering if he'd like it. He is super, super picky, but he loves beer and is really into our German heritage. It sounds like the only thing he would eat is the pretzel rolls and the dessert. Did you happen to notice if there was a kids section of the buffet? With maybe french fries and stuff? It might be worth taking him there just for the atmosphere as long as there's enough that he will eat
I agree on the battered anything is amazing-- especially the batter they use! It's a secret, which stinks, because Zach and I really want to replicate it at home.
There's no real kids section with chicken tenders, fries, etc., but they do have that amazing mac and cheese! Zach is very picky and he found a lot he liked, though! I think it's definitely worth a try, especially if he loves beer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs T 2009 View Post
Your meals look yummy!!

I LOVE scallops also, so that makes me want to try cooks even more!!!

eww to greasy cookies

I am so glad you had a great time and meal at biergarten!!! I knew you were kinda worried about it!

Yay for having good tablemates!! I would be very nervous over whom we'd get if we ate there!

Your meals looked amazing though!!! Making my mouth water!!
If you love scallops, you HAVE to try Cooke's! I was worried about Biergarten, so I'm thrilled it went so well. I'm so glad I switched from Rose and Crown to here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiigirl View Post
Following along!
Welcome!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneyluvr81 View Post
I'm in!! Can't wait to read more! So glad you guys had a great time at Biergarten! My DH loved the strudel too!!
Thanks for joining in! That strudel was the bomb!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdhale View Post
I had the Altenmunster Oktoberfest, too.

Ahhh, this picture is making me homesick for the World!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by princess_momma View Post
Hooray for dining reviews!! I'm so glad you did one! I need to do it as well!

I'm so glad you love Biergarten...it is a must do for all my favorite Dis-friends it feels like! We had a great time there! The beer was so good and I love your thorough descriptions!
I would love if you did a dining report!! I think Biergarten is perfect for any family/group of people, but I think going with a big group of friends would be so much fun!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dshouse4 View Post
Great reviews. Want to go to Biergarten on our next trip.
Thank you!! And obviously I recommend it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by emmysmommy View Post
Hi Kylie! I'm finally subscribing.

Sounds like an awesome start with a 9 and a 10 rating for your first two meals!

I'm not a fish fan but I would try the scallops at Cookes. Looks like a fun place to eat.

I so love your choices at Biergarten. It's been a contender since 2006 and I've still never been. (Truth be told, I owe my DH a meal at Biergarten since I walked away from eating there 8 years ago.)

I'm so curious about the pretzel bread since I love Le Cellier's bread. Everything just looks so good. And your 10 rating has me wanting to try it more than ever.

That mug for the soda looks like some I have at home.

Great start to your reviews!!
Hi!! Glad you're here! The scallops were definitely not overly "fishy" at Cooke's. They were more just fried goodness. (What a description haha.)
I've never been to Le Cellier, but I used to work in Manhattan and would bring home pretzel rolls from Dean and Deluca, a famous bakery/deli/gourmet grocery (where Felicity worked in Felicity), and the rolls at Biergarten were just as good!!
I love those soda mugs!! Where are yours from?

Quote:
Originally Posted by vettegirl View Post
Great start to your DR. You had great meals at two of my all time favorites. Also love the pic of the beer in Epcot, looks delicious.
Thank you! Cookes & Biergarten have definitely become favorites of mine now, too!
That beer was fantastic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGirl View Post
Joining in!

Cooke's sounds like so much fun! And I am always intrigued with Biergarten - it seems like almost everyone has a great experience there.
Welcome! Definitely give Biergarten a try-- the variety and quality is so great, I can't imagine being disappointed!
klacey1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 11:16 AM   #25
klacey1
DIS Veteran

After a morning of enjoying the best of what MK has to offer, we were starving for lunch. I had planned for us to eat at Pecos Bill due to rave reviews and the amazing taco bar, so that’s where we headed around 11:30. I was glad we ate early, as the place was really filling up by the time we left (around 12:45).
The cast member who took my order was kind of weird. I was on her left side. She took the order of the person in front of me, and then the person who was next in line, on the right, walked away, leaving only Zach & I in line. So, I said “Hi, how are you?” as I always do before giving my order. Right after the words left my mouth, someone got in line on the right side and she says to me “I NEED TO SERVE THEM FIRST.” in a really snotty tone. I mean, go right ahead, I know how their system works (right-left-right-left). No need to be so rude/dramatic about it!
I didn’t take any photos of the restaurant itself, but I really, really liked it! I liked that the bathrooms were inside and that half was Fronteirland themed and half was Adventureland. Tables at 11:30 were plentiful and it was a great break in the AC, out of the sun.
Anyway, it only took about two minutes to get our food after we ordered. We both got soda (diet for me, regular for Zach), taco salads, and chocolate cake for dessert. After we scored a table, I went back up to load up my salad with mushrooms, cheese, cheese sauce, and onions. Zach stuck with just onions.
I took the photo after mixing everything up, so sorry that this is so unappetizing looking!

We both loved this! Since Zach only put onions in his bowl, his only complaint was that he wished he could get more meat. I had intended to ask (and pay) for extra meat, knowing that they don’t give you a lot, but after how weird the cast member was, I decided to stick with a traditional order. The meat was hot and flavorful without being too spicy for the average person. The tortilla bowl was surprisingly hot, crispy, and not too greasy. I got some salsa from the toppings bar to eat with the edges.
So I know this cake has a lot of haters, but Zach and I are big fans! We get it pretty much everywhere it’s offered as a dessert and love it! It’s incredibly rich, with a thick, fudgy layer of frosting. The cake part is very chocolate-y, but never dry. I never come close to finishing it, but it is the perfect sweet ending to a savory/salty meal.

We give Pecos Bill a solid 8 out of 10. We’ll definitely return the next time we’re in the MK for lunch.
Old 09-21-2013, 11:36 AM   #26
emmysmommy
DIS Veteran

I had no idea that Pecos Bill was a half and half theme! I need to duck in there next time and see for myself or better yet order one of those taco salads. Pecos Bills' fixings bar is what I was confusing with Tortuga Tavern. I was wanting a full variety of toppings at TT.

I've never had the chocolate cake (not a fan of chocolate myself) but I can say that I know what you mean about wanting a sweet ending to a savory or spicy meal. That's completely me!!

Glad to know that you had a nice a/c break even if the cashier was rude and snotty.

Oh and my "Biergarten" mug... you will be so impressed... got it at .99 cent store!
emmysmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 12:23 AM   #27
princess_momma
DIS Veteran

I never realized Pecos Bills was a half and half theme either! Goodness, MK has such an abundance of delicious looking CS spots! It's hard to pick!
Life Is Way Too Short to Take It Slow - Oct 2013 TR
I Kept My Eyes Open the Whole Time! - Nov 2014 TR

princess_momma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 03:50 PM   #28
DisneyJo
TGJ
Lost another competition
It's absolute bliss

Loving your reviews but how weird of that CM
DisneyJo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 05:34 PM   #29
klacey1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by emmysmommy View Post
I had no idea that Pecos Bill was a half and half theme! I need to duck in there next time and see for myself or better yet order one of those taco salads. Pecos Bills' fixings bar is what I was confusing with Tortuga Tavern. I was wanting a full variety of toppings at TT.

I've never had the chocolate cake (not a fan of chocolate myself) but I can say that I know what you mean about wanting a sweet ending to a savory or spicy meal. That's completely me!!

Glad to know that you had a nice a/c break even if the cashier was rude and snotty.

Oh and my "Biergarten" mug... you will be so impressed... got it at .99 cent store!
It seems like they should have the full bar in Tortuga Tavern, especially when they give you such naked nachos!
Honestly, I've always found dollar stores to have great glassware! My friend has gorgeous wine glasses from one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by princess_momma View Post
I never realized Pecos Bills was a half and half theme either! Goodness, MK has such an abundance of delicious looking CS spots! It's hard to pick!
I definitely read about the Pecos Bill half and half thing before this trip-- this is not something I would have noticed on my own!
Cosmic Rays was our favorite CS until they got rid of the ribs at lunch. Those were Zach's fav!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyJo View Post
Loving your reviews but how weird of that CM
Thank you! Yeah, I'm not sure what her problem was!
Old 09-22-2013, 05:34 PM   #30
klacey1
DIS Veteran

So this is a quick little review! We made a stop at the Main Street Bakery as we were leaving MK for an afternoon break. Zach is addicted to Starbucks, so he LOVED this change. I do miss the non-Starbucks pastries of the former MSB, but overall, you can find most of what they had in other spots in the park. I didn’t get anything, but Zach ordered a venti, upside down caramel macchiato. This was a FANTASTIC use of a snack credit, being that it was close or just over $5.
A funny story, between the airport Starbucks and now MSB, baristas in Florida have a lot of trouble spelling Zach. This photo shows how the cast member who served us interpreted his name:

“Sach” loved his coffee! It was made well, and they corrected interpreted his unusual request. This was not his last stop at MSB, and when the Fountainview reopened during our trip, we went there a few times, too.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: