Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-17-2013, 12:53 PM   #91
jimmysmom74
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MouseMomx2 View Post
Well, I am an only child and very happily so.

We definitely have to meet someday!
Definitely!

me, DH, DS(6)
OCT 2001-AKL / OCT 2002-engaged at AKL / OCT 2006-AKL
DEC 2008-DS first trip-GF / MAY 2010-GPs, AKL / OCT 2011-Poly / NOV 2012-DL with cousins/ NOV 2013 CSR with GPs/ SpringBreak 2014-CR
jimmysmom74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 01:31 PM   #92
MaryJ
Believes in Tag Gremlins, not Tag Fairies
Has unstinky Crocs

My daughter is leaving for Disney on Oct. 18. She calls me the "Disney guru", but I am not up to speed on the MB yet, so maybe someone here can answer her questions.

1. She is staying one night at a moderate resort, and then transferring to VWL where she will be staying on our DVC points. Will she need to have two MB's or can the one that she receives at the moderate be reused at VWL?

2. She has purchased park tickets quite some time ago and they are the old style paper tickets. Can she go online at MDE and attach them to her reservation so that she can begin to make FP+ reservations? Also, how early does a decision need to be made regarding FP+ reservations?

3. From what I can tell, there is no charge for the MBs. Is this correct?

TIA!
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-17-2013, 03:56 PM   #93
MouseMomx2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryJ View Post
My daughter is leaving for Disney on Oct. 18. She calls me the "Disney guru", but I am not up to speed on the MB yet, so maybe someone here can answer her questions.

1. She is staying one night at a moderate resort, and then transferring to VWL where she will be staying on our DVC points. Will she need to have two MB's or can the one that she receives at the moderate be reused at VWL?

She will not need two sets but she will get two sets. Right now they are sending a set of Magic Bands for each reservation. Both will work for her entire stay. If she does not customize one set she will get gray bands so she might as well customize them. My suggestion would be to pick two different colors and enjoy.

2. She has purchased park tickets quite some time ago and they are the old style paper tickets. Can she go online at MDE and attach them to her reservation so that she can begin to make FP+ reservations? Also, how early does a decision need to be made regarding FP+ reservations?

Yes, she can link them on MDE. She can make FP+ selections now so she can do this at any time. She doesn't have to link them now but she won't be able to make FP+ selections until she does.

3. From what I can tell, there is no charge for the MBs. Is this correct?

Correct!

TIA!
Hope that helps.
MouseMomx2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 01:10 PM   #94
lhall7
Mouseketeer

Sorry if this is a dumb question, but when eating at TS restaurants, can you use the MB to pay if set up to charge to room? On our last trip in June, I saw the places at the resort as well as at CS locations, but I wasn't sure how this works at TS locations.
lhall7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 01:16 PM   #95
MouseMomx2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lhall7 View Post
Sorry if this is a dumb question, but when eating at TS restaurants, can you use the MB to pay if set up to charge to room? On our last trip in June, I saw the places at the resort as well as at CS locations, but I wasn't sure how this works at TS locations.
Not a dumb question at all! Yes you can. Table service restaurants have small, hand-held devices that are used for payment right at the table. Servers will use it to scan your Magic Band which will put the charge on your account.

There have been some reports that Tables in Wonderland discounts must be handled at a regular register, although I have seen at least one account lately that said they were able to use TIW and pay right at the table.
Old 09-21-2013, 01:21 PM   #96
lhall7
Mouseketeer

So, how do you put a tip on the bill?
lhall7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 01:29 PM   #97
PatMcDuck
DIS Veteran

2 more crazy questions.

If we are on the food plan, we just use the Magic Bands for that? (quick service one).

Second one is weirder. I have old old passes that only have Plus admission left on them. For my trip, we got 6 day hoppers. Can I also add on the old passes that only have the plus admissions? So that we could easily go to the water parks. I have no problem bringing the old hopper plus passes, but I fear adding the old hopper plus passes (with only pluses left) will cause problems with the new 6 day hopper passes?
PatMcDuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 01:34 PM   #98
MouseMomx2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lhall7 View Post
So, how do you put a tip on the bill?
I have not used the new system yet, but I am sure they have that covered. Perhaps someone else could shed light on the details.
Old 09-21-2013, 01:37 PM   #99
MouseMomx2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatMcDuck View Post
2 more crazy questions.

If we are on the food plan, we just use the Magic Bands for that? (quick service one).

Second one is weirder. I have old old passes that only have Plus admission left on them. For my trip, we got 6 day hoppers. Can I also add on the old passes that only have the plus admissions? So that we could easily go to the water parks. I have no problem bringing the old hopper plus passes, but I fear adding the old hopper plus passes (with only pluses left) will cause problems with the new 6 day hopper passes?
Yes, your dining plan credits will be linked to your MDE account. The Magic Bands can access anything on your MDE account so you will use them to redeem your meal credits.

I know that you can add more than one ticket to your account, but I am not sure if you can do this with a ticket where only pluses remain. I would assume you can but you should probably call IT - at (407) 939-7765 - to be sure. With regular tickets you simply go into your MDE account and specify which one you want to be active. I do not know how this works if you have one ticket with park days and another with pluses since, presumably, you will want to use both on your trip. Again, give IT a call for the most up-to-date information.
Old 09-21-2013, 03:55 PM   #100
PatMcDuck
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MouseMomx2 View Post
Yes, your dining plan credits will be linked to your MDE account. The Magic Bands can access anything on your MDE account so you will use them to redeem your meal credits.

I know that you can add more than one ticket to your account, but I am not sure if you can do this with a ticket where only pluses remain. I would assume you can but you should probably call IT - at (407) 939-7765 - to be sure. With regular tickets you simply go into your MDE account and specify which one you want to be active. I do not know how this works if you have one ticket with park days and another with pluses since, presumably, you will want to use both on your trip. Again, give IT a call for the most up-to-date information.

I wonder if it would be better to just bring those old tickets with me. Can they make them RFID? Do they need to be RFID now, for the water parks?
PatMcDuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 04:34 PM   #101
Twin Dad
DIS Dad #704
I think they live an altered state of reality

Thanks for this thread. Lots of great info.

Quick question. We're staying at CSR for 12 days. It is a split stay to take advantage of FD. Our tickets are tied to the FD reservation that starts Oct. 18. We have a room only reservation for the 14th through the 18th. We booked CRT and BBB for the 15th long before FD. I know before the bands we could use park passes up to three days before our reservation. Can we still do that with the magic bands?

Thanks
Dis Dad's Club #704
WDW Commando Club #205
My pretrip report In Progress
Twin Dad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 05:38 PM   #102
MouseMomx2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatMcDuck View Post
I wonder if it would be better to just bring those old tickets with me. Can they make them RFID? Do they need to be RFID now, for the water parks?
I am sure they could convert them to RFID. My advice would be to take the plus tickets with you and visit Guest Relations when you arrive. See what options they give you and make your decision then. Since you will not need those tickets for FP+ selections there is no harm in waiting until you arrive to sort it out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twin Dad View Post
Thanks for this thread. Lots of great info.

Quick question. We're staying at CSR for 12 days. It is a split stay to take advantage of FD. Our tickets are tied to the FD reservation that starts Oct. 18. We have a room only reservation for the 14th through the 18th. We booked CRT and BBB for the 15th long before FD. I know before the bands we could use park passes up to three days before our reservation. Can we still do that with the magic bands?

Thanks
I believe you can but do not know the details. Hopefully someone else has more information and will post it for you.
Old 09-22-2013, 01:11 AM   #103
nansmama
DIS Veteran

Uh oh. What happens if the Halloween party ticket confirmations are linked to MDE? I already did it, before I read this thread. It even let me make FP+ reservations for that date.
Old 09-22-2013, 07:03 AM   #104
Run princess
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by nansmama View Post
Uh oh. What happens if the Halloween party ticket confirmations are linked to MDE? I already did it, before I read this thread. It even let me make FP+ reservations for that date.
I did the same thing. The main issue being if you go to Magic Kingdom early and enter using a park pass. The system can be confused and ding you a day on your regular park pass. I asked customer service and was told to make sure I picked up paper tickets for the party and I should be okay. We also have Park Hopper passes so we won't lose a day on a park pass by accident. So if you have 1day 1 park tickets just make sure you don't scan your magic band when entering the park for the party and that you pick up and use your paper ticket for the Party! I hope that makes sense!
Dopey 2015
Run princess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 09:14 AM   #105
nansmama
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Run princess View Post
I did the same thing. The main issue being if you go to Magic Kingdom early and enter using a park pass. The system can be confused and ding you a day on your regular park pass. I asked customer service and was told to make sure I picked up paper tickets for the party and I should be okay. We also have Park Hopper passes so we won't lose a day on a park pass by accident. So if you have 1day 1 park tickets just make sure you don't scan your magic band when entering the park for the party and that you pick up and use your paper ticket for the Party! I hope that makes sense!
Ah, okay. Thanks so much for the info. We were planning on picking up the party tickets at Will Call anyway, and we have PAPs. So shouldn't be an issue. Whew! I had visions of it wiping out everything on MDE, LOL.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: