Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-29-2014, 06:00 PM   #736
kath1210
DIS Veteran

Thanks, Stefecatzz!

kath1210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2014, 08:18 PM   #737
Stefecatzz
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kath1210 View Post
Thanks, Stefecatzz!

No problem! Btw, I meant base coat (instead of a top coat. which has been known to crack).
Stefecatzz is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-29-2014, 08:40 PM   #738
commdoc
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by nataly33012 View Post
Not really sure if this question has been answered yet, but there are 49 pages that I would have to go through. I made a reservation for May through a third party (Hotels.com). Is there any way that I can call disney and verify my reservation in order to customize our magicbands?
On your hotels.com reservation it gives you a Disney confirmation number. Link your reservation using that number to your MDE. Then you'll be able to customize. That worked for us.
commdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2014, 09:43 PM   #739
ougrad86
OU Sooners Football Fan!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kath1210 View Post
Thanks, Stefecatzz!

No problem! Btw, I meant base coat (instead of a top coat. which has been known to crack).

Just an FYI - you can also purchase covers in different colors and designs for your bands. That and other bling as well. I'm sure they'll be in most of the gift stores.

Disneyland off site 1973;WDW off site 1974 (band trip); WDW off site 1985; WDW SOG March 2006; WDW SOG Nov 2009 with friends; WDW AKL Oct/Nov 2010 with friends; Universal/WDW HRH Spring Break 2012 with friends; WDW AKL Nov 2012 with friends; WDW Coronado/Uni Portofino Spring Break 2014 with friends ! No New Ticker - college and Grand Canyon planning
Disney: so far into our heads, hopes and dreams that it is legendarily the Mouse that built the better people trap...
ougrad86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2014, 08:23 AM   #740
southernfriedmom
Mouseketeer

Anyone know if you can use a magic band received for a resort reservation before the resort stay? We have our summer vacation planned in July for BW (YAY!), but I was a sucker and couldn't resist the new SW dining experiences so we are doing a quick (cheap as possible) trip offsite for a long weekend the last weekend in May. My husband and I already have two sets from our runDisney trip and I'm thinking our kids will be pretty jealous if we have ours and they don't yet. Our kids will only have annual pass vouchers before leaving and if I've understand correctly, we can link vouchers to magicbands but won't be eligible to order the AP magicband until they are activated. I understand that I could just buy them some but I will not be doing that since they will be eligible to get 2 sets from WDW already. Any thoughts?
southernfriedmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 04:57 PM   #741
Anc96
DIS Veteran

Ok. Our bands are customized, now what?

We have APs, have customized our bands and they say they are ready to ship, but we won't be there until June. I can't make fast pass reservations yet. If I have them shipped out now can I add the reservations later, the month before we arrive?

June 2004 12 nights @ Pop Century
Dec 2004 8 nights @ Coronado Springs MVMCP
June 2005 10 nights @ AKL 7/nights OP
July 2006 7 nights @ AKL 4/nights OP
July 2006 7 nights @ WL
Dec 2006 5 nights @ AKL MVMCP
June 2007 10 nights @ Beach Club CL /10 nights OP
Oct 2007 5 nights @ POR MNSSHP
June 2008 14 nights @Windsor Hills/ 6 nights @AKL
June 2010 16 nights @ Bahama Bay Resort/ 6 nights @ Double Tree, Universal
July 2011 3 nights Best Western/ 14 nights@Windsor Hills
June/July 2012 1 night Best Western/ 21 nights@Windsor Hills/ 3 nights HIE
June/July 2013 14 nights Windsor Hills
June 2014 Windsor Hills 7 nights/ 3 nights B resort
***Last Visit Until Avatarland Lures Us Back***

Me: DD17
Anc96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 05:31 PM   #742
jrjankowski8
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anc96 View Post
We have APs, have customized our bands and they say they are ready to ship, but we won't be there until June. I can't make fast pass reservations yet. If I have them shipped out now can I add the reservations later, the month before we arrive?
Once your time opens you will be able to make FP reservations if you have the bands or not. It's more about your stay and tickets than the band. You don't even need a band to use your passes.
Old 04-04-2014, 05:34 PM   #743
jrjankowski8
Mouseketeer

[QUOTE="jrjankowski8;51122432"] Once your time opens you will be able to make FP reservations if you have the bands or not. It's more about your stay and tickets than the band. You don't even need a band to use your passes.[/QUOTE

Adding to this, I called again about the MB AP process and got a diff response. They said I could create my MB but I see the passes linked cuz I bought them on disney.com. No bands to customize but my resort bands.

Sorry to be a nerd but I want my pass holder MB package with slider cards etc etc hahah
Old 04-04-2014, 05:55 PM   #744
Anc96
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrjankowski8 View Post
Once your time opens you will be able to make FP reservations if you have the bands or not. It's more about your stay and tickets than the band. You don't even need a band to use your passes.
Thank you
I know I don't need the bands, and everyone has to do the reservations for their 3 fastpasses, but since it's an option, we want them. I just wasn't sure if I did need to change the reservations if I'd be forced to use the park kiosks. I'm not staying on property so I didn't know if there were different rules for just a passholder.
Honestly the way we do the parks so spontaneously, I don't know if we'd even make most of the reservations. At the moment there are no park hopper considerations, and it's not at all unusual for us to enter a park, stay a bit but decide it's too crowded and hop. If we used one reservation we're stuck with that park.
We usually get there much earlier in June than we will this year. Our school district was hit with a load of snow days I know we'll be hitting lots of crowds!

June 2004 12 nights @ Pop Century
Dec 2004 8 nights @ Coronado Springs MVMCP
June 2005 10 nights @ AKL 7/nights OP
July 2006 7 nights @ AKL 4/nights OP
July 2006 7 nights @ WL
Dec 2006 5 nights @ AKL MVMCP
June 2007 10 nights @ Beach Club CL /10 nights OP
Oct 2007 5 nights @ POR MNSSHP
June 2008 14 nights @Windsor Hills/ 6 nights @AKL
June 2010 16 nights @ Bahama Bay Resort/ 6 nights @ Double Tree, Universal
July 2011 3 nights Best Western/ 14 nights@Windsor Hills
June/July 2012 1 night Best Western/ 21 nights@Windsor Hills/ 3 nights HIE
June/July 2013 14 nights Windsor Hills
June 2014 Windsor Hills 7 nights/ 3 nights B resort
***Last Visit Until Avatarland Lures Us Back***

Me: DD17
Anc96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 06:34 PM   #745
Murron
Murron

Received two sets of magic bands for myself and husband. Called Member Services. They told me to bring both sets of bands. They asked for the USPS last two digits of my second shipment and it seems that is the primary account. The other set was sent because we have annual passes. So confused. I'm so hoping this doesn't screw up our next trip. It's a 40th anniversary and I really do not want any blips.
Old 04-04-2014, 11:38 PM   #746
CTdaizy
disney dreamin

@Murron. We have 3 sets of bands- took them all with us on our trip in March. Decided each morning which one to wear, based on mood/color/park. And they all worked just fine. We have two sets from staying on property and one from AP. (12 bands in all!) and our FP+ were linked to all 3 bands - never had a problem! Biggest problem was deciding which to wear. Two out of three are decorated and blinged- third is plain.
Old 04-05-2014, 09:51 AM   #747
Stefecatzz
DIS Veteran

So I now have three MBs. Two for resort stays & one Passholder. For my upcoming visit, I was thinking about bringing all three of them to see if I could alternate to a different one each day b/c they are all going to be decorated differently.

Does anyone have experience doing this? How did it work?

I'm also going to have to rely on the concierge to switch them for me each morning unless I lug my laptop w/me so I can change it myself before I leave the room (no, I do not have a Smartphone..just a lil behind the times).
Old 04-05-2014, 11:08 AM   #748
jimandami
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefecatzz View Post
So I now have three MBs. Two for resort stays & one Passholder. For my upcoming visit, I was thinking about bringing all three of them to see if I could alternate to a different one each day b/c they are all going to be decorated differently. Does anyone have experience doing this? How did it work? I'm also going to have to rely on the concierge to switch them for me each morning unless I lug my laptop w/me so I can change it myself before I leave the room (no, I do not have a Smartphone..just a lil behind the times).
They are all interchangeable and can all be used. No one has to switch anything.
jimandami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2014, 11:10 AM   #749
386chad
Earning My Ears

This thread has been very helpful!
386chad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2014, 11:34 AM   #750
Stefecatzz
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimandami View Post
They are all interchangeable and can all be used. No one has to switch anything.
Oh, that's great, thanks! Should I switch the CC on MDE to the one I want for the room account before check in to make it easier then? I usually keep that one on MDE but use another that they swipe at the check in desk for the room charges...don't want any confusion w/the charges if the bands are linked to the info on MDE.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: