Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 09-13-2013, 03:13 PM   #46
bumbershoot
DIS Veteran
 
bumbershoot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Tacoma WA
Posts: 47,097

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSUfan4444 View Post
The KTTW cards are now RFID compatible.

I think the distinction has to be made that magic bands =/= fast pass +

yes, you can use your KTTW card instead of your magic band, I think everyone universally agrees there....i think the confusion (or at least my confusion between what I was told by IT and what I frequently read here), is that you cannot use your KTTW for FP+.
And that's exactly what I'm addressing. The info in the box and even on the FAQ on the website doesn't refer to the KTTW, it refers to a magic CARD. That you can use for FP+s if you don't want the band but do want to try FP+s.

I think IT got confused. After all, they are probably in Seattle and might never have ventured out to Florida, so they don't know what all the ins and outs are.
__________________
-molly + robert + eamon (10!!)

DLR '05-'09 found within this link
DLR 7,9,12 2012 Universal Feb '12 DLR Dec '11 and Feb '12

Made weight goal 1yr8m8days after starting...currently working to maintain 85 lb loss thanks to Weight Watchers!
bumbershoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 03:15 PM   #47
MouseMomx2
DIS Veteran
 
MouseMomx2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 5,348

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeU View Post
So do I need to wait until my 60 day window to customize my bands? Magic Bands is an option on the right side of my screen on the MDE internet site, but it keeps asking me to link reservations/tickets (and when I do it says already linked, because I've done this already). When I try to book FP+, it says I can't because I'm 74 days out. Should I be able to customize the bands at the 60 day mark?
Does it say "Manage Magic Bands" or "Personalize Magic Bands"? If it says "Manage" you cannot customize them yet. Once you get to 60 days out that should change to "Personalize". At that time you should be able to customize your bands and make FP+ selections.
MouseMomx2 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 09-13-2013, 03:16 PM   #48
MouseMomx2
DIS Veteran
 
MouseMomx2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 5,348

Quote:
Originally Posted by bumbershoot View Post
I think IT got confused. After all, they are probably in Seattle and might never have ventured out to Florida, so they don't know what all the ins and outs are.
You may be right. The Magic Bands came from Tennessee.
MouseMomx2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 03:25 PM   #49
LSUfan4444
DIS Veteran
 
LSUfan4444's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Mandeville, La
Posts: 3,705

Quote:
Originally Posted by bumbershoot View Post
And that's exactly what I'm addressing. The info in the box and even on the FAQ on the website doesn't refer to the KTTW, it refers to a magic CARD. That you can use for FP+s if you don't want the band but do want to try FP+s.
The magic card (as of today) for guests testing their magic bands is the KTTW card.
__________________
LSUfan4444 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 03:28 PM   #50
Kalea
Mouseketeer
 
Kalea's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Chattanooga, TN
Posts: 257

I'm trying to get an idea of what I need to do on the day we check in to POR. We have a MYW package booked w/ free dining.

Is there any consistent answer on whether we would have to check-in at the hotel before using the Magic Bands at a park? Does the answer get more consistent if we intend to use a dining plan entitlement that day?

Thanks!
__________________
Kalea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 03:33 PM   #51
MouseMomx2
DIS Veteran
 
MouseMomx2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 5,348

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalea View Post
I'm trying to get an idea of what I need to do on the day we check in to POR. We have a MYW package booked w/ free dining.

Is there any consistent answer on whether we would have to check-in at the hotel before using the Magic Bands at a park? Does the answer get more consistent if we intend to use a dining plan entitlement that day?

Thanks!
If you are getting Magic Bands you should be all set. Do on line check in from home and then your package should be accessible by your bands when you arrive.

The key word, of course is should. Since this is still in a testing phase there are a lot of glitches to be worked out. But in theory, no, you won't have to go to your resort before heading to the parks.
MouseMomx2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 03:39 PM   #52
Kalea
Mouseketeer
 
Kalea's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Chattanooga, TN
Posts: 257

Quote:
Originally Posted by MouseMomx2 View Post
If you are getting Magic Bands you should be all set. Do on line check in from home and then your package should be accessible by your bands when you arrive.

The key word, of course is should. Since this is still in a testing phase there are a lot of glitches to be worked out. But in theory, no, you won't have to go to your resort before heading to the parks.
Thanks! I guess we will have to see how lucky we feel that day.
__________________
Kalea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 03:41 PM   #53
MouseMomx2
DIS Veteran
 
MouseMomx2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 5,348

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalea View Post
Thanks! I guess we will have to see how lucky we feel that day.
Are you using Magical Express? That might be a good way to see if things are working. If it doesn't work at ME you know there is a problem.
MouseMomx2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 03:45 PM   #54
OrangeU
Mouseketeer
 
OrangeU's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Meridianville, AL
Posts: 100

Quote:
Originally Posted by MouseMomx2 View Post
Does it say "Manage Magic Bands" or "Personalize Magic Bands"? If it says "Manage" you cannot customize them yet. Once you get to 60 days out that should change to "Personalize". At that time you should be able to customize your bands and make FP+ selections.
Yep, it says Manage. Thanks so much. Just trying to be a good DIS'er and stay on top of things. LOL
__________________
OrangeU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 06:35 PM   #55
Kalea
Mouseketeer
 
Kalea's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Chattanooga, TN
Posts: 257

Quote:
Originally Posted by MouseMomx2 View Post
Are you using Magical Express? That might be a good way to see if things are working. If it doesn't work at ME you know there is a problem.
Unfortunately, we aren't. We'll be getting to Orlando late at night and staying offsite. Knowing that the Magic Bands would work would save me a trip to POR in the morning (and might more importantly gain me 30 minutes or so of sleep ).
__________________
Kalea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 11:48 PM   #56
marshmeloh
Ev'rybody has a Laughing Place... mine is WDW!!!
 
marshmeloh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: New York, NY
Posts: 59

Split Stay???

Hey all, still a bit confused about my split stay.

So, we're doing a split stay where our first resort is not included until halfway through our trip, but our second resort (where we're only staying one night) is included in the testing.

We have park tickets that have been linked on MDE for the entire trip and therefore will be linked on the magic bands.

I have seen that I could potentially make FP+ for days after we leave- up to the amount of days on our ticket.... but not for the days on the other reservation. Is there anything to do about this? I know FP+ is linked to the ticket so should there be?

If not- will it be a problem when we've already used 5 out of our 7 days before we can use the FP+ for two days?

Also, why am I able to look for BOG Fast passes for the first half of our trip that's not in the magic band testing but not rides? Am I missing something or is this really how it is?

Thanks all!!
marshmeloh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 08:42 AM   #57
MouseMomx2
DIS Veteran
 
MouseMomx2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 5,348

Quote:
Originally Posted by marshmeloh View Post
Hey all, still a bit confused about my split stay.

So, we're doing a split stay where our first resort is not included until halfway through our trip, but our second resort (where we're only staying one night) is included in the testing.

We have park tickets that have been linked on MDE for the entire trip and therefore will be linked on the magic bands.

I have seen that I could potentially make FP+ for days after we leave- up to the amount of days on our ticket.... but not for the days on the other reservation. Is there anything to do about this? I know FP+ is linked to the ticket so should there be?

If not- will it be a problem when we've already used 5 out of our 7 days before we can use the FP+ for two days?

Also, why am I able to look for BOG Fast passes for the first half of our trip that's not in the magic band testing but not rides? Am I missing something or is this really how it is?

Thanks all!!
Your bands should work for room entry, park entry and, if you have it set up, charging for your whole stay.

You will not be able to make FP+ selections until your second part of your trip since the second check-in date at the testing resort is what the computer will recognize as your eligibility date. FP+ is linked to the hotel stay and the ticket during this testing phase. You will still be able to access the regular FP system on the non-FP+ days.

Since you make FP+ selections in advance, you should be able to make choices for any days you will be at the second resort (including check-in and -out days,, regardless of how many ticket days you will use while at the first resort.

The BOG FP is not tied to the Magic Bands or FP+. That may change in the future.
MouseMomx2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 10:57 AM   #58
Brahlt
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalea View Post
I'm trying to get an idea of what I need to do on the day we check in to POR. We have a MYW package booked w/ free dining.

Is there any consistent answer on whether we would have to check-in at the hotel before using the Magic Bands at a park? Does the answer get more consistent if we intend to use a dining plan entitlement that day?

Thanks!
I don't recall reading anything that states you have to check-in prior to using your Magic Bands.

However, the KTTW card you receive at check-in is your Magic Band back-up. I'm not saying you should expect issues with your Magic Bands, but this is still a test phase.
Brahlt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 11:13 AM   #59
MickeyMinnieMom
If you ticket it, they will come... ;)
 
MickeyMinnieMom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 2,769

Quote:
Originally Posted by MouseMomx2 View Post
Your bands should work for room entry, park entry and, if you have it set up, charging for your whole stay.

You will not be able to make FP+ selections until your second part of your trip since the second check-in date at the testing resort is what the computer will recognize as your eligibility date. FP+ is linked to the hotel stay and the ticket during this testing phase. You will still be able to access the regular FP system on the non-FP+ days.

Since you make FP+ selections in advance, you should be able to make choices for any days you will be at the second resort (including check-in and -out days,, regardless of how many ticket days you will use while at the first resort.

The BOG FP is not tied to the Magic Bands or FP+. That may change in the future.
Hi MouseMomx2 -- thx for starting this thread!

Are you CERTAIN about the bold red part above?? I really hope this is the case. We have a similar situation to PP. We have a split stay 9/26-10/5, and 10/5-10/8 at BLT and have been told we can only test MB for the second reservation, since BLT begins testing after 9/30. Do they mean that we will only be able to test FP+ beginning 10/5, but can use MB for entry etc. beginning 9/26 when we arrive??
__________________
FP+, you ask?


MickeyMinnieMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 11:49 AM   #60
Teri1
DIS Veteran
 
Teri1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 1999
Location: OHIO
Posts: 771

We loved using the MB's during our split stay, we had a set of MB's for our 4 night stay at POR. We used them for our package that included free dinning and 4 day park tickets. We had a 7 day cruise on the Fantasy and then returned with another set of MB's for a room only stay at AOA. We used the first set from our POR stay for everything we did, including charging. We had no problems with it, had everything set up before we left on My Disney Experience for FP+ and dining etc. After returning from the cruise we had one day in the parks with FP's set up, left on our first set of MB's and wore both MB's on our one night at AOA. They were all different colors. I decorated my bands with the add-on's sold in the resort stores. We had only one time where we could not use the MB to pay for something and that was because the reader was not working. I advised the cast member that they should not use the register if they wanted to have positive feedback for the test. Later I saw that they had closed that register. They gave us the cards as a back up, and to use where the MB readers were not being used.
__________________
WDW 85, ASMu 97, ASMu99, ASMo 01, ASMo 03, POPC 04, POPC 06, POPC 08, Disney Wonder 10, CBR 10, CSR & Disney Dream 11, POR & Disney Dream 12, and POR, Disney Fantasy & AOA 13.
Teri1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:53 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: