Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-13-2013, 01:20 PM   #31
LSUfan4444
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MouseMomx2 View Post
I think what has been said is that you do not have to use MBs but can opt for a KTTW card instead. If you opt not to use MBs your KTTW card will be able to be used for FP+s. This is how off-property guests will access FP+. They will have the ability to purchase a MB if they want one, but the default will be a card.
Yeah, but you're talking about post testing, when it is live. Right now, non resort guests cannot participate. As of today, you have to either wear or carry your MB if you want to participate in FP+...you cannot use your KTTW card, correct?

Quote:
So, I think the bottom line is you have to choose MBs or no MBs. If you choose MBs you will need to use them for FP+. If you opt out you will be given an RFID-enabled KTTW card
But that option is not available now, is it?

That's what IT said was not an option. They said the KTTW card was only used as a backup.

I think alot of the confusion (not from you, just in general) is from people discussing what was yesterday, what is today and what is expected to be tomorrow.
Old 09-13-2013, 01:25 PM   #32
MouseMomx2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSUfan4444 View Post
Yeah, but you're talking about post testing, when it is live. Right now, non resort guests cannot participate. As of today, you have to either wear or carry your MB if you want to participate in FP+...you cannot use your KTTW card, correct?

But that option is not available now, is it?

That's what IT said was not an option. They said the KTTW card was only used as a backup.

I think alot of the confusion (not from you, just in general) is from people discussing what was yesterday, what is today and what is expected to be tomorrow.
Yes, that option is available. No one is obligated to use Magic Bands.
MouseMomx2 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-13-2013, 01:27 PM   #33
LSUfan4444
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Yes, that option is available. No one is obligated to use Magic Bands.
Unless you want to use FP+, correct (as of today)?

I am clarifying because (as of today), IT is reporting this is not an option if you want to use FP+.
Old 09-13-2013, 01:33 PM   #34
jimmysmom74
DIS Veteran

So just to get it straight... Do you have to have an MB to access FP+ during testing, or can you scan your KTTW at a FP+ stand?
jimmysmom74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 01:37 PM   #35
MouseMomx2
DIS Veteran

Ah, I understand now. Sorry!

Yes, right now I believe you will need to use MBs if you want FP+s. This will change once the traditional FP machines are gone. During testing, however, you must have a MB to access FP+.
Old 09-13-2013, 01:41 PM   #36
jimmysmom74
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Yes, right now I believe you will need to use MBs if you want FP+s. This will change once the traditional FP machines are gone. During testing, however, you must have a MB to access FP+.
That's what I thought. Thanks!

Just heard another MB perk. If your kids are wearing them, link with your cell #, if they get lost, CM can scan MB and call you a lot quicker. When my DS was 3 y/o we had the tattoos, this is way better.
Old 09-13-2013, 01:45 PM   #37
LSUfan4444
DIS Veteran

Thanks..I thought so. I just had read so much recently that just states "KTTW can be used in place of MB" and "you don't have to use MB if you don't want"

And even though that's correct, it kinda needs an *.

I've got a 3 1/2 year old, she may not want to wear the bracelet and I know I won't want to wear it. So, we'll just need to decide up front whether or not we want to carry the bands in addition to our KTTW card.

Now, one last question.

If I have the choice to use (one or the other, FP+ or FP-), there is no way I want to participate in MB testing. As of today, those testing MB can still use their KTTW for regular FPs. But, what if I sign up for MB testing, make my FP reservations, then the rule changes and those involved in testing can no longer get regular FPs....at that time, can I go back and be removed from testing?

Last edited by LSUfan4444; 09-13-2013 at 01:54 PM.
LSUfan4444 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 01:48 PM   #38
Q-man
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brahlt View Post
We had a rental car and the magic band can also be used to re-enter your resort at the security shack.

I will add that the contortions you need to do at Yacht Club to get the magic band to be read by the security panel are not comfortable. It was much easier to take off the magic band and hold it or use the KTTW card.
All the right handed people who wear a watch on their left wrist are going to have to go cross body with the band being worn on their right wrist.
Q-man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 01:51 PM   #39
Q-man
DIS Veteran

Quote:

People elsewhere have reported that the RFID chip in the KTTW card works at the magic band FP+ machines/ports too.
Q-man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 01:53 PM   #40
jimmysmom74
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Q-man View Post
All the right handed people who wear a watch on their left wrist are going to have to go cross body with the band being worn on their right wrist.
I have heard this question. Now this is only rumor, but I heard, at some point, the adult version may come with a small digital clock EST set. It may be an option you can chose or in all, not sure. Like I said rumor.
Old 09-13-2013, 02:14 PM   #41
bumbershoot
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I recently made a reservation for a stay 28 days away and only had 24 hours to customize my bands. They were shipped the next evening. My other set of bands were shipped at 29 days, not two weeks so I will not be changing that until it changes, if and when it does.

I made my reservations a gazillion years ago and when MDE (I refuse, REFUSE to use an X...I know how to spell Experience, and it doesn't start with an X) changed to show that I could customize the MB and make FP+ selections it gave me a date. I had to customize them by 9/3, and we check in 10/4. That's a lot more than 10 days out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParrotBill View Post
MagicMom, a nearby thread talks about a person's call to Disney IT... and makes it clear that "hard ticket events" including MVMCP cannot go on the bands... they were told they must bring and use the RFID card ticket for admission.
But I believe it was yesterday that someone checked in and the people at the resort put MNSSHP tickets onto her MB. I'm hoping she'll report back if it messed things up (as the info Cheshire gave us said it would), but of course she's carrying hard tickets with her as well.

Quote:
Unless you want to use FP+, correct (as of today)?

I am clarifying because (as of today), IT is reporting this is not an option if you want to use FP+.

In the MagicBand box, under the grey part containing the MBs, was a piece of paper. It has "Information on Your MagicBand and Radio Frequency (RF) Technology".

Right there it states "If you prefer, you may elect to use an RF card instead of a MagicBand. The card contains a passive HF radio frequency chip and cannot be detected by the long-range readers."

I think that people are using KTTW when maybe they are referring to the RF card? Now I'm not sure if the resorts are giving an RF card that ALSO serves as a KTTW card, or if it's separate.

DLR '05-'09 found within this link
DLR 7,9,12 2012 Universal Feb '12 DLR Dec '11 and Feb '12

Made weight goal 1yr8m8days after starting...currently working to maintain 85 lb loss thanks to Weight Watchers!
bumbershoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 02:28 PM   #42
MouseMomx2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Thanks..I thought so. I just had read so much recently that just states "KTTW can be used in place of MB" and "you don't have to use MB if you don't want"

And even though that's correct, it kinda needs an *.

I agree, and I will amend the OP. Thanks!

Now, one last question.

If I have the choice to use (one or the other, FP+ or FP-), there is no way I want to participate in MB testing. As of today, those testing MB can still use their KTTW for regular FPs. But, what if I sign up for MB testing, make my FP reservations, then the rule changes and those involved in testing can no longer get regular FPs....at that time, can I go back and be removed from testing?

I do not know for sure, but I am guessing they will be able to remove you if that is what you want.
Answers above.
Old 09-13-2013, 02:38 PM   #43
LSUfan4444
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bumbershoot View Post

I think that people are using KTTW when maybe they are referring to the RF card? Now I'm not sure if the resorts are giving an RF card that ALSO serves as a KTTW card, or if it's separate.
The KTTW cards are now RFID compatible.

I think the distinction has to be made that magic bands =/= fast pass +

yes, you can use your KTTW card instead of your magic band, I think everyone universally agrees there....i think the confusion (or at least my confusion between what I was told by IT and what I frequently read here), is that you cannot use your KTTW for FP+.

You can participate in magic band testing and not make any FP+ reservations and use your KTTW card just as you would your MB, BUT if you want FP+ IT is saying you will need to use the Magic Bands

Again, I am not saying this with any certainty as I have not tested or tried it, I am just as confused as alot of people getting different info.
Old 09-13-2013, 03:07 PM   #44
OrangeU
Mouseketeer

So do I need to wait until my 60 day window to customize my bands? Magic Bands is an option on the right side of my screen on the MDE internet site, but it keeps asking me to link reservations/tickets (and when I do it says already linked, because I've done this already). When I try to book FP+, it says I can't because I'm 74 days out. Should I be able to customize the bands at the 60 day mark?
Old 09-13-2013, 03:08 PM   #45
LSUfan4444
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeU View Post
So do I need to wait until my 60 day window to customize my bands? Magic Bands is an option on the right side of my screen on the MDE internet site, but it keeps asking me to link reservations/tickets (and when I do it says already linked, because I've done this already). When I try to book FP+, it says I can't because I'm 74 days out. Should I be able to customize the bands at the 60 day mark?
I thought you could customize them any time outside of 10 days before arrival.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: