Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-18-2013, 09:36 PM   #331
mickyminnie890
"I only hope that we don't lose sight of one thing - That is was all started by a mouse" ~ Walt Disney

If a castmember take you into the park. Can you still use the Magicbands for FP's, Dinner Reservations, etc?

WDW - Lost count of how many times I've gone there.
Disney Dream-3/28/14, 6/26/14
mickyminnie890 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 10:01 PM   #332
KarlaG4Kids
I LOVE to travel
Two votes from our house!

Finally

I'm SO excited. Yes, I'm doing the happy dance. We are exactly 45 days out and finally this evening I was able to personalize my magic bands and make fastpass + reservations. YIPPEE!!! I checked this morning and it wasn't available yet, but tonight there they were ready to personalize and choose! Our arrival date is December 2 so maybe they are beginning to roll out December!
05/12/14 35th Anniversary trip12/2/13 Christmas fun5/18/13 Fantasy Cruise w/whole family! 5/1/12 Our WDW trip with Abby & Cameron & DREAM cruise w/entire family!05/07/11 Grosdidier WDW & Dream 01/06/10 Marathon trip w C&C 09/12/09 01/28/09 DL 1st trip 09/20/08 01/11/08 08/26/07 12/11/06 09/25/06 01/11/06 02/2005 09/2004 12/2002 05/2002 01/2001 03/1999 01/1997 03/17/1995 - FT Wilderness, The trip that began it all! Each time I arrive at WDW I know that I am HOME! A vacation is one of the best investments in your family!
KarlaG4Kids is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-18-2013, 10:04 PM   #333
mecllap
"Skamps"
Hugh Jackman -- major beefcake!
Once a DIS Sleuth, Always a DIS Sleuth

My grandson will be at WDW using a MagicBand with his parkhopper ticket in his Mom's MDX account. When I meet up with them, will I be able to convert his PH ticket to an annual pass as long as it's before the PH runs out? (As per usual -- like it was before?)
mecllap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 12:12 AM   #334
Scott
Mouseketeer

Magic. Band Customization

In an effort to help others make sense of the customization window I thought I would post some additional information. As of this afternoon, I couldn't customize our Magic Bands for a December trip. I logged onto MDE this evening (right at midnight) and I can now customize our magic bands.

We arrive 12/15 and have not yet done online check-in.

Scott
Old 10-19-2013, 07:20 AM   #335
erionm
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicoledcampbell26 View Post
Anyone info would be greatly appreciated.. Went onto MDE about a month ago and had till Oct. 18th to customize the magic bands. Did that and made all the fast pass reservations. As of today 10/18/13 the magic bands update is "your magic bands are being customized and will ship soon" So my question is; are they shipping to me or to the resort? We check in 11/17 at the Polynesian. I did give them an address to ship to (in the US) but I haven't gotten any notification about shipment other than the update on the MDE account. Any info would be great. I am trying to plan ahead and want to make sure we either get them before we leave or not have to worry till we get there. Thanks =)
For those with a US mailing address, they are shipped to you. All others will received them at the resort. Since you had until 10/18 to customize, yours should ship out very soon. You will probably get the shipping email the same day they are to be delivered.
Old 10-19-2013, 08:55 AM   #336
OnlyDisney
DIS Veteran

With 76 days till check-in, I just logged on this morning and clicked Personalize MagicBands like I do every morning and today it said I could customize! We check-in on Jan 3. It says I have 45 days to customize (till Dec 3).

The only color option for us right now is gray though Do I need to call Disney so they can fix that or do I need to wait a few days/weeks and the colors will show up?

I'm just so excited for this trip it's hard to wait! My little heart is going pitter-patter!
Oct 25-Nov 7, 2015 - Fort Wilderness Family Trip
OnlyDisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 08:59 AM   #337
2012DisneyWorldBride
I was a Disney Bride on 12.8.12
I put ketchup on my ketchup

I'm just so confused as there seems to be no consistency to when they are letting people customize MB for December.

We arrive December 7th to GF... And I still don't have customize MB... I only have manage MB... Ugh this is getting frustrating.

I don't want to do online check in... And I know that has gotten a lot of people to customize, but there are others that haven't done online check in.

Michelle & Jeff's 12/8/12 Disney Wishes Wedding WP/GF/DP Morocco - Planning Journal and Trip Report!!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2850449
Our Wedding / Honeymoon Trip - 8 Day Deluxe Dining Plan Review With Pictures!!! Didn't finish...
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3037533
Michelle - Jeff (DH) - Chanel (Maltese Puppy)
Disney Trips: AP - for as long as I can remember - AKL 8/2011, GF 12/2012 & AKL 12/2012, CBR 9/2013 & GF 12/2013, CBR 8/2014 & GF 12/2014
2012DisneyWorldBride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 10:16 AM   #338
serene56
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2012DisneyWorldBride View Post
I'm just so confused as there seems to be no consistency to when they are letting people customize MB for December.

We arrive December 7th to GF... And I still don't have customize MB... I only have manage MB... Ugh this is getting frustrating.

I don't want to do online check in... And I know that has gotten a lot of people to customize, but there are others that haven't done online check in.
This is a change up for December arrivals. If you want costumized bands you need to check in. If you don't check in you will get grey bands when you arrive
Old 10-19-2013, 11:30 AM   #339
MouseMomx2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by serene56 View Post
This is a change up for December arrivals. If you want costumized bands you need to check in. If you don't check in you will get grey bands when you arrive
This isn't necessarily true. I was just able to customize bands for our 12/27 check in. We aren't within 60 days so I cannot do online check in, but all customization options (all 7 colors) were available to me.

Curiouser and curiouser!
MouseMomx2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 02:04 PM   #340
mecllap
"Skamps"
Hugh Jackman -- major beefcake!
Once a DIS Sleuth, Always a DIS Sleuth

Quote:
Originally Posted by mecllap View Post
My grandson will be at WDW using a MagicBand with his parkhopper ticket in his Mom's MDX account. When I meet up with them, will I be able to convert his PH ticket to an annual pass as long as it's before the PH runs out? (As per usual -- like it was before?)
Looks like the answer is "yes" and it won't affect his access to QSDP or FP+ for this trip -- and will get him a card also (since our trip next Spring will be partly off-site.
(From a poster on another forum).
mecllap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 02:51 PM   #341
jjskribs
The TF is not a baseball fan, so root for the Red Sox all you'd like! ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnlyDisney View Post
With 76 days till check-in, I just logged on this morning and clicked Personalize MagicBands like I do every morning and today it said I could customize! We check-in on Jan 3. It says I have 45 days to customize (till Dec 3).

The only color option for us right now is gray though Do I need to call Disney so they can fix that or do I need to wait a few days/weeks and the colors will show up?

I'm just so excited for this trip it's hard to wait! My little heart is going pitter-patter!
I'm checking in on January 5th and I can customize our bands but it also only shows gray as a choice. I am hoping that it is because we are not close enough yet.

CBR- '91, '96, '98
PO- '93
SoG- 2000
SoG- 2002
Swan- 2004/2005

jjskribs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 05:58 PM   #342
Scotch
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MouseMomx2 View Post
This isn't necessarily true. I was just able to customize bands for our 12/27 check in. We aren't within 60 days so I cannot do online check in, but all customization options (all 7 colors) were available to me.

Curiouser and curiouser!
Same experience here. Last night MDE allowed me to customize our bands and we're outside the 60 days period so we haven't checked in online yet. Based on the varied experiences, I assume Disney has some system in place that is not necessarily tied to check in date.
Scotch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 12:17 PM   #343
jcarwash
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnlyDisney View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjskribs View Post
I'm checking in on January 5th and I can customize our bands but it also only shows gray as a choice. I am hoping that it is because we are not close enough yet.
For whatever reason, MDEx has allowed me into the customize MagicBand area for my February trip since the day I reserved. But I too can only see gray as a color choice. Curious to hear if/when the color choices show up for you folks, or if you decide to call about it.

WDW: 17 | DLR: 3 | DCL: 2
Next: Feb 2015 Disney Magic
jcarwash is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 12:18 PM   #344
tlseege
Earning My Ears

color choices just showed up today for my Jan 26-30th trip!

tlseege is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 12:31 PM   #345
DreamSweetsLove
Loves Mickey

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcarwash View Post
For whatever reason, MDEx has allowed me into the customize MagicBand area for my February trip since the day I reserved. But I too can only see gray as a color choice. Curious to hear if/when the color choices show up for you folks, or if you decide to call about it.
It was the same for me too (for Jan. 3rd check in) but the other colors showed up 74 days out from our trip. Literally right now, a few hours ago it was only showing grey.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: