Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 10-18-2013, 04:52 PM   #316
SarahD
DIS Veteran
 
SarahD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 706

Where, specifically, will the magic band notification/link/customization option appear with in My Disney Experience? Just want to know where to look for it when the time comes. Can online checkin be done at 60 days? I think the package is due at 45 days, right? Does my package have to be paid in full to do online check in,, magic band customization, fp+?
__________________
SarahD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 05:08 PM   #317
jerseygirl81
DIS Veteran
 
jerseygirl81's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Vernon, New Jersey
Posts: 893

I don't know if I should ask this here or on the disability board. My DS is autistic and will not wear the band, I was wondering if I could wear his on my right wrist and mine on my left? I know we could get the KTTW cards but it would be so much easier to not have to dig out out cards through out the day. I'm thinking we would all have to use the same way to get into the parks, band or KTTW. We are heading to Disneyworld in 2 weeks and I already have the magic bands and figure I could get the KTTW cards at check-in if we need to go that route. So I'm wondering if anyone has done this? Thanks, Linda
__________________
AS Sports Nov 03 & 04
Pop April & Sept/Oct 05
CSR Aug 07 & 08
Pop Dec 09
CBR Nov 11
CSR Aug 12
POR Nov 13
Wyndham Bonnet Creek Aug 14
jerseygirl81 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 10-18-2013, 05:10 PM   #318
MouseMomx2
DIS Veteran
 
MouseMomx2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 5,351

Quote:
Originally Posted by SarahD View Post
Where, specifically, will the magic band notification/link/customization option appear with in My Disney Experience? Just want to know where to look for it when the time comes. Can online checkin be done at 60 days? I think the package is due at 45 days, right? Does my package have to be paid in full to do online check in,, magic band customization, fp+?
From the main Disney page, click on My Disney Experience at the upper right. When the page loads you will see several links on the right side. One says either Manage Magic Bands or Personalize Magic Bands. It will say Manage until your customization window opens, at which time it will change to Personalize. From current reports you will have to do on line check in to get the link to change.

Once your Magic Bands have been processed and shipped the link will go back to Manage Magic Bands.
MouseMomx2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 05:22 PM   #319
MouseMomx2
DIS Veteran
 
MouseMomx2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 5,351

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseygirl81 View Post
I don't know if I should ask this here or on the disability board. My DS is autistic and will not wear the band, I was wondering if I could wear his on my right wrist and mine on my left? I know we could get the KTTW cards but it would be so much easier to not have to dig out out cards through out the day. I'm thinking we would all have to use the same way to get into the parks, band or KTTW. We are heading to Disneyworld in 2 weeks and I already have the magic bands and figure I could get the KTTW cards at check-in if we need to go that route. So I'm wondering if anyone has done this? Thanks, Linda
I don't see why you couldn't. You could definitely carry yours and use it when needed so I don't see why you couldn't just wear it.
MouseMomx2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 05:27 PM   #320
fla4fun
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: near Orlando
Posts: 8,646

Quote:
Originally Posted by StaciMay View Post
So I have to have tickets linked on MDEx to schedule fast pass +? I will be staying at Wilderness Lodge 12/20-12/22. I have purchased my tickets from Orbitz (they are not linked in MDEx). Can I link Orbitz tickets in MDEx. If not, can I still schedule fast pass +?
You should be able to link them. There is a choice of other or something like that and then enter the number on the ticket.
fla4fun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 05:47 PM   #321
Radiorox
Live from the city of Magic.
 
Radiorox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Miami, Florida
Posts: 637

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseygirl81 View Post
I don't know if I should ask this here or on the disability board. My DS is autistic and will not wear the band, I was wondering if I could wear his on my right wrist and mine on my left? I know we could get the KTTW cards but it would be so much easier to not have to dig out out cards through out the day. I'm thinking we would all have to use the same way to get into the parks, band or KTTW. We are heading to Disneyworld in 2 weeks and I already have the magic bands and figure I could get the KTTW cards at check-in if we need to go that route. So I'm wondering if anyone has done this? Thanks, Linda
I saw parents with a few magic bands on while at Epcot two weeks ago. He doesn't have to have it on while in the park. You only need it for park entrance and at the two scanners for FP+ selections. (There's one scanner at the start of the line and one where the FP line merges with Standby). After that, you can put it away.
__________________
Radiorox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 06:08 PM   #322
Egdisney
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: KCMO
Posts: 392

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidgpedersen View Post
Staying at POP 12/31-1/9. Just was able to customize all 4 MBs. When try to get FP+, parents are OK, kids say "ineligible for Magic My Way" or something like that. Are we just too far out to select FP+? Do I need to do something different with kids? They are linked properly b/c I was able to customize all of our MBs. I thought folks were able to get FP+ at the same time they could customize MBs????
How old are they? I was able to book for my older kids, younger are under 3 so they will be getting in for free. The have magic bands, but no fp+. They do not need reservations, they just join you.
__________________
<a href="http://distickers.com/ticker/"><img src="http://distickers.com/ticker/tickers/ay8hfltoxz5vnvx2.png" alt="DIStickers.com Ticker" border="0"/></a>
Egdisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 07:23 PM   #323
jerseygirl81
DIS Veteran
 
jerseygirl81's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Vernon, New Jersey
Posts: 893

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radiorox View Post
I saw parents with a few magic bands on while at Epcot two weeks ago. He doesn't have to have it on while in the park. You only need it for park entrance and at the two scanners for FP+ selections. (There's one scanner at the start of the line and one where the FP line merges with Standby). After that, you can put it away.
Thank you!
__________________
AS Sports Nov 03 & 04
Pop April & Sept/Oct 05
CSR Aug 07 & 08
Pop Dec 09
CBR Nov 11
CSR Aug 12
POR Nov 13
Wyndham Bonnet Creek Aug 14
jerseygirl81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 08:01 PM   #324
davidgpedersen
Earning My Ears
 
davidgpedersen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Louisville, Colorado
Posts: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Egdisney View Post
How old are they? I was able to book for my older kids, younger are under 3 so they will be getting in for free. The have magic bands, but no fp+. They do not need reservations, they just join you.
They are 12 and 9....they both have tickets.
__________________
Me (50)
DW ()
DS (12)
DS (9)

JAN99 - CBR (Honeymoon)
SEP07 - CSR/AKL
JAN09 - POFQ
MAR10 - POFQ
JUL11 - BC
JAN14 - POP
davidgpedersen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 08:03 PM   #325
davidgpedersen
Earning My Ears
 
davidgpedersen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Louisville, Colorado
Posts: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by dansamy View Post
Do they have valid tickets linked?
Yes they do.
__________________
Me (50)
DW ()
DS (12)
DS (9)

JAN99 - CBR (Honeymoon)
SEP07 - CSR/AKL
JAN09 - POFQ
MAR10 - POFQ
JUL11 - BC
JAN14 - POP
davidgpedersen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 08:04 PM   #326
rlbklein
Earning My Ears
 
rlbklein's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: northwest IN
Posts: 66

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidgpedersen View Post
They are 12 and 9....they both have tickets.
Odd... I had no problem booking FP+ for my DD who just turned 12. I don't know if part of it is because I bought a full MYW package (with free QS dining plan) and her name is listed in the package...
__________________


past WDW trips: summer 1990, March 2007, October 2007, June 2010
rlbklein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 08:07 PM   #327
davidgpedersen
Earning My Ears
 
davidgpedersen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Louisville, Colorado
Posts: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlbklein View Post
Odd... I had no problem booking FP+ for my DD who just turned 12. I don't know if part of it is because I bought a full MYW package (with free QS dining plan) and her name is listed in the package...
Yes, we booked (and mostly paid for) the full MYW package with mid-level (not free) dining plan.
__________________
Me (50)
DW ()
DS (12)
DS (9)

JAN99 - CBR (Honeymoon)
SEP07 - CSR/AKL
JAN09 - POFQ
MAR10 - POFQ
JUL11 - BC
JAN14 - POP
davidgpedersen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 08:52 PM   #328
SarahD
DIS Veteran
 
SarahD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 706

So is it 60 days out for fp+ too?
__________________
SarahD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 08:57 PM   #329
dansamy
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 1,681

Yes
dansamy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 09:12 PM   #330
nicoledcampbell26
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 3

So confused about magic bands..

Anyone info would be greatly appreciated.. Went onto MDE about a month ago and had till Oct. 18th to customize the magic bands. Did that and made all the fast pass reservations. As of today 10/18/13 the magic bands update is "your magic bands are being customized and will ship soon" So my question is; are they shipping to me or to the resort? We check in 11/17 at the Polynesian. I did give them an address to ship to (in the US) but I haven't gotten any notification about shipment other than the update on the MDE account. Any info would be great. I am trying to plan ahead and want to make sure we either get them before we leave or not have to worry till we get there. Thanks =)
nicoledcampbell26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:44 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: