Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-17-2013, 03:27 PM   #301
erionm
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by specrn View Post
I just checked in online (I arrive 12/14) and immediately saw a change that I could personalize MB's and caught Edna's training. Too funny! I'm still trying to navigate through the whole process. Looks like we can all choose same color or each have different colors, but I wonder if 1 member of our party doesn't want a MB and prefers a card is that okay to order 4 out of a party of 6? My daughter is 2 and I'm not sure she will want to wear a band every day either.
You will get a MagicBand for everyone listed on the order page. If any of those people does not want to use the MagicBand, they can request a KTTW card at check-in. NOTE: Currently, they are automatically issuing KTTW cards along with MagicBands during the test phase.
Old 10-17-2013, 03:43 PM   #302
Radiorox
Live from the city of Magic.

Some info: I am an AP holder and got to test in September. I customized my MB. Two weeks ago, I was in a non-testing Dis Resort, I was able to use it to check in at the security area, it worked to charge to room, get into parks, open my door and was able to make FP+.

My only problem, I spend more with it. LOL!!! That and some of the machines are picky at how Mickey lines up to scan.
Radiorox is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-17-2013, 07:54 PM   #303
fla4fun
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ethanwa View Post
If I book a room for this upcoming Friday, will I still get MagicBands and FastPass+? That is only a few days from now.

Ethan
I made a reservation last Sunday and checked in on Tuesday. I got one of the grey magicbands when I checked in and I have been booking a few FP+, so it should be fine. I booked Soarin two days in a row without any problems.
fla4fun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 10:34 PM   #304
specrn
Mouseketeer

MDE says "customize magic bands" and I'm +58 days out. But when I click on "customize" it brings me to an order saying to confirm my mailing address. Is the customization after I confirm my address? I'm confused. :P
specrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 10:57 PM   #305
MouseMomx2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by specrn View Post
MDE says "customize magic bands" and I'm +58 days out. But when I click on "customize" it brings me to an order saying to confirm my mailing address. Is the customization after I confirm my address? I'm confused. :P
Yes it is. They ask you to confirm your address because they will be shipping the bands to you.
MouseMomx2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 10:45 AM   #306
twinmom1107
Earning My Ears

split stay & early park access

Has anyone done this? We're doing a split stay in 2 weeks, first part POFQ room only. Second part at Poly with package. Question is ~ am I still able to use one of my park days during the room only reservation by visiting guest services? We received a set of bands for each reservation. I know that the POFQ bands are only for room access, just wondering if I would be able to use the Poly bands for park?
twinmom1107 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 11:16 AM   #307
Scott
Mouseketeer

Customization Window?

I couldn't find this information in the original post. We arrive 12/15 but I am not able to customize our magic bands. It shows our original tickets and AP's but not the bands. I am, however, able to get FP+ for each day of our trip. Any help or guidance will be greatly appreciated.
Scott

Added question: I guess I was assuming that existing tickets and AP's would be replaced with MagicBands...is that correct?
Old 10-18-2013, 12:03 PM   #308
MouseMomx2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by twinmom1107 View Post
Has anyone done this? We're doing a split stay in 2 weeks, first part POFQ room only. Second part at Poly with package. Question is ~ am I still able to use one of my park days during the room only reservation by visiting guest services? We received a set of bands for each reservation. I know that the POFQ bands are only for room access, just wondering if I would be able to use the Poly bands for park?
Nothing is stored on the bands. They each have an embedded chip that simply accesses information in the Disney database. Any information that is in your MDEx profile is accessible by any band assigned to you. Therefore, both of your bands will work for your entire trip. The bands you get for your POFQ stay will continue to work at the Poly and the ones you get for the Poly stay will work at POFQ.

Your tickets are linked to your MDEx profile. Therefore, any band assigned to you will be able to access them. It is expected that guests will bring bands back trip after trip. They will continue to work by accessing whatever is linked to a profile at that time.
Old 10-18-2013, 12:05 PM   #309
MouseMomx2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott View Post
I couldn't find this information in the original post. We arrive 12/15 but I am not able to customize our magic bands. It shows our original tickets and AP's but not the bands. I am, however, able to get FP+ for each day of our trip. Any help or guidance will be greatly appreciated.
Scott

Added question: I guess I was assuming that existing tickets and AP's would be replaced with MagicBands...is that correct?
If you are staying at a WDW resort your customization window should be open. You may need to do, or re-do, on line check in to get access to the personalization link.

Your tickets won't be replaced by the bands. Your tickets will be linked to your account and you will be able to be accessed by the bands. You can still choose to use a KTTW card if you would prefer. Both options simply have an embedded chip that reads your information from your MDEx profile.
Old 10-18-2013, 12:48 PM   #310
ougrad86
OU Sooners Football Fan!

Finally started playing with MDE, even though we don't go until April - figured if any problems came up that would give us time to contact IT !

So far, it seems to be going well , everything is showing up, and my friend and I are linked, and I can see her preferred icon.

The only thing is, when I made the ADR's through MDE, we were not linked and so I entered her name and her daughter's name. Right now, her daughter is still listed in my Friends and Family, but I don't think it is the same person since it is either available to Invite or that I can manage. Would it cause any problems if I deleted her? She shows up on our ADR's the same way. But I don't want to accidentally delete someone who needs to be there.

It's kind of fun....I'll see how I feel after I try to add my old UT tickets this weekend !

Disneyland off site 1973;WDW off site 1974 (band trip); WDW off site 1985; WDW SOG March 2006; WDW SOG Nov 2009 with friends; WDW AKL Oct/Nov 2010 with friends; Universal/WDW HRH Spring Break 2012 with friends; WDW AKL Nov 2012 with friends; WDW Coronado/Uni Portofino Spring Break 2014 with friends ! No New Ticker - college and Grand Canyon planning
Disney: so far into our heads, hopes and dreams that it is legendarily the Mouse that built the better people trap...
ougrad86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 01:08 PM   #311
jdg34
Earning My Ears

Way too many posts to read through

I have reservations in late January. At what point will I be able to choose magic bands and make fastpass + selections? Is after I do the online check in? Thanks
jdg34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 03:58 PM   #312
fla4fun
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdg34 View Post
I have reservations in late January. At what point will I be able to choose magic bands and make fastpass + selections? Is after I do the online check in? Thanks
You should be able to at the 60 days or less point once you have a valid ticket attached to your reservation. I had done online check in at the 60 day point but it didn't let me do it until I renewed my AP that expires the end of November. Then I was able to with no problems.
fla4fun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 04:17 PM   #313
StaciMay
I love Disney!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fla4fun View Post
You should be able to at the 60 days or less point once you have a valid ticket attached to your reservation. I had done online check in at the 60 day point but it didn't let me do it until I renewed my AP that expires the end of November. Then I was able to with no problems.
So I have to have tickets linked on MDEx to schedule fast pass +? I will be staying at Wilderness Lodge 12/20-12/22. I have purchased my tickets from Orbitz (they are not linked in MDEx). Can I link Orbitz tickets in MDEx. If not, can I still schedule fast pass +?
I fell in love with Disney in 2006 thru the eyes of my son!!! Pop Century Oct '06~ Pop Century Oct '07~ Pop Century Christmas '08~ ASMu Oct '09~ ASMu Nov '10~Disney Dream April '11~Port Orleans FQ Oct '11~ASMo Dec '11~Disney Dream April '12~Port Orleans Riverside Oct '12~ Our twins first trip Oct '13 OKW~VWL Dec '13~ASMu Aug '14~BLT Oct '14
StaciMay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 04:30 PM   #314
davidgpedersen
Earning My Ears

Billionth or so MDE/MickeyBands/FP+ question...

Staying at POP 12/31-1/9. Just was able to customize all 4 MBs. When try to get FP+, parents are OK, kids say "ineligible for Magic My Way" or something like that. Are we just too far out to select FP+? Do I need to do something different with kids? They are linked properly b/c I was able to customize all of our MBs. I thought folks were able to get FP+ at the same time they could customize MBs????
DS (9)

JAN99 - CBR (Honeymoon)
SEP07 - CSR/AKL
JAN09 - POFQ
MAR10 - POFQ
JUL11 - BC
JAN14 - POP
davidgpedersen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 04:37 PM   #315
dansamy
DIS Veteran

Do they have valid tickets linked?