Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-13-2013, 11:25 AM   #16
chris4disney
Yes, I'm a Disney freak... and I'm okay with that.

I've been trying to find the answer to this question and have had no luck.

We're doing a split stay next month at BCV. We're first staying in a studio and then moving to 2-bd villa, so it's at the same resort, but two different ROOM ONLY reservations were made thru DVC. According to MDX we will be getting two sets of magic bands, which is fine I guess. But when it comes to our park tickets, we purchased 10-day park tickets thru UT a while back and they are the paper tickets. I've linked them to our MDX account and so we have been able to make FP+ selections for the entire trip. My concern/question is... are our 10-day worth of park admission available on both sets of magic bands or just one set? Do we need to use the first set of Magic Bands for the one studio reservation and then switch to the second set of Magic Bands when we move to the 2-Bedroom villa? Do we still need to exchange our paper tickets to RFID tickets?

Thanks!
Oct. 2014 BCV F&W, MNSSHP, Oct. 2013 BCV F&W, MNSSHP, Dec. 2012 BCV & BWV Boardwalk View!! MVMCP, La NOUBA, Oct. 2011 BLT & BCV 10th Anniversary trip! F&W, KTTK Tour , Oct. 2010 BCV F&W, MNSSHP, Sep. 2009 POP Free Dining, F&W, Oct. 2008 BCV & BWV F&W, MNSSHP, Jan. 2008 AKL Our first ADULTS ONLY trip!, Oct. 2007 BCV F&W, MNSSHP, Nov. 2006 POR MVMCP, Sep. 2005 AS-Sports Free Dining , Nov. 2004 AKL Platinum Plan
chris4disney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 11:40 AM   #17
ParrotBill
A parrot's life for me
Stalked by a little Einstein

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris4disney View Post

We're doing a split stay next month at BCV. We're first staying in a studio and then moving to 2-bd villa, so it's at the same resort, but two different ROOM ONLY reservations were made thru DVC. According to MDX we will be getting two sets of magic bands, which is fine I guess. But when it comes to our park tickets, we purchased 10-day park tickets thru UT a while back and they are the paper tickets. I've linked them to our MDX account and so we have been able to make FP+ selections for the entire trip. My concern/question is... are our 10-day worth of park admission available on both sets of magic bands or just one set? Do we need to use the first set of Magic Bands for the one studio reservation and then switch to the second set of Magic Bands when we move to the 2-Bedroom villa? Do we still need to exchange our paper tickets to RFID tickets?

Thanks!
In theory, you need to go to guest services to transfer your paper ticket to your first set of bands. In theory, you will be able to check in at the second resort and have them key the first bands for your rooms, continuing to use the tickets on them, and ignore your second set of bands. But do not try to check in to the second resort until you have checked out of the first, and tell them at the second resort what is going on. Theories are all good until reality sets in...

BWV and OKW DVC since 1996, 40+ WDW, 2 DL, 1 DLP visits

ParrotBill is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-13-2013, 11:42 AM   #18
ParrotBill
A parrot's life for me
Stalked by a little Einstein

MagicMom, a nearby thread talks about a person's call to Disney IT... and makes it clear that "hard ticket events" including MVMCP cannot go on the bands... they were told they must bring and use the RFID card ticket for admission.

BWV and OKW DVC since 1996, 40+ WDW, 2 DL, 1 DLP visits

ParrotBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 12:27 PM   #19
MouseMomx2
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Thanks!
Nothing is actually on the band. It is on your account which the band accesses. You should have no trouble accessing the tickets from both bands. Key word...should. This is still just rolling out so there are a lot of glitches. Personally, I would bring both bands until you make certain that everything is okay.
MouseMomx2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 12:30 PM   #20
MouseMomx2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParrotBill View Post
Good job MouseMom. Make the corrections you know to be true, and we can all help contribute by experience. I am sure you have a sticky in the making here.

I agree with calling "it" "MDE/MDX" until we settle in on one. I've been using MDE only to see MDX pop up lately.

Here is an odd thing about the bands.. I wear a watch on my left wrist: always have, always will. So the band will go on my right wrist. But I get out my wallet with my right hand, and so any card or fastpass comes out in left hand... and when driving I use my left hand to wave my KTTW card at the reader...

I think a MagicBand on my right wrist is going to reverse my polarity!

Yes, I don't want to change things that my experience says is incorrect or that is simply Disney's party line, but I am more than willing to change things that others' experiences prove to be true. It is a post in flux.

As for the right-wrist issue, some have reported that it is difficult to use the Magic Band scanners with your right wrist. I am sure you will be able to find a way to make it work, but it seems they are set up for wear on the left wrist.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParrotBill View Post
MagicMom, a nearby thread talks about a person's call to Disney IT... and makes it clear that "hard ticket events" including MVMCP cannot go on the bands... they were told they must bring and use the RFID card ticket for admission.
I will add that to the OP. Thanks!
Old 09-13-2013, 12:35 PM   #21
chris4disney
Yes, I'm a Disney freak... and I'm okay with that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MouseMomx2 View Post
Nothing is actually on the band. It is on your account which the band accesses. You should have no trouble accessing the tickets from both bands. Key word...should. This is still just rolling out so there are a lot of glitches. Personally, I would bring both bands until you make certain that everything is okay.
thanks! Oh, I plan to bring both sets of bands and our paper tickets and social security cards! LOL My real concern is that I linked our 10-day tickets to the first set of bands that are for our room only reservation that is for just 2 nights, then go to use our second set of magic bands for the remaining 8 days on our second room only reservation and don't have access to the remaining park tickets from the first set of magic bands. Then would we have to keep both sets of bands with us to get into the parks and access our FP+ selections?
Oct. 2014 BCV F&W, MNSSHP, Oct. 2013 BCV F&W, MNSSHP, Dec. 2012 BCV & BWV Boardwalk View!! MVMCP, La NOUBA, Oct. 2011 BLT & BCV 10th Anniversary trip! F&W, KTTK Tour , Oct. 2010 BCV F&W, MNSSHP, Sep. 2009 POP Free Dining, F&W, Oct. 2008 BCV & BWV F&W, MNSSHP, Jan. 2008 AKL Our first ADULTS ONLY trip!, Oct. 2007 BCV F&W, MNSSHP, Nov. 2006 POR MVMCP, Sep. 2005 AS-Sports Free Dining , Nov. 2004 AKL Platinum Plan
chris4disney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 12:42 PM   #22
MouseMomx2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
thanks! Oh, I plan to bring both sets of bands and our paper tickets and social security cards! LOL My real concern is that I linked our 10-day tickets to the first set of bands that are for our room only reservation that is for just 2 nights, then go to use our second set of magic bands for the remaining 8 days on our second room only reservation and don't have access to the remaining park tickets from the first set of magic bands. Then would we have to keep both sets of bands with us to get into the parks and access our FP+ selections?
Again, nothing is on the band. You linked your passes to your MDE/MDX account which the bands read. The extra sets of bands are a formality. Eventually you won't get extra bands for split stays. You will get one band, that is linked to your MDE/MDX profile, that will be able to be used for several years.
Old 09-13-2013, 12:47 PM   #23
LSUfan4444
DIS Veteran

As it stands today, are the magic bands/KTTW card basically interchangeable..Let's say we sign up for MB and make out FP+ reservations. Customize them when appropriate and they are shipped to us. We use them for DME, arrive to our resort, wear them to the park and good to go.

Throughout the day, it just irritates me.

At that point, can I just leave it in my bag for the rest of the day and use my KTTW from there on out?

IT said no, I couldn't...only that my KTTW would be as "backup".
Old 09-13-2013, 12:56 PM   #24
jimmysmom74
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSUfan4444 View Post
As it stands today, are the magic bands/KTTW card basically interchangeable..Let's say we sign up for MB and make out FP+ reservations. Customize them when appropriate and they are shipped to us. We use them for DME, arrive to our resort, wear them to the park and good to go.

At that point, can I just leave it in my bag for the rest of the day and use my KTTW from there on out?

I don't see why you couldn't for charging, but for FP+ you have to scan your MB, I don't think the KTTW works except in old FP machine. Maybe mousemom can help?

Awesome job mousemom!!! Love the info!!! You helped me over at current resort lists, I will report anything I hear to you. Thanks again!!
jimmysmom74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 12:56 PM   #25
MouseMomx2
DIS Veteran

Quote:

This I do not know. You can opt out of the bands completely, in which case you get a KTTW card, but I don't know if your back-up card is useable if you do opt in to the band. If IT is saying no then I would go with that answer.

I will say, however, that the bands are EXTREMELY comfortable. I wore mine for 24 hours when I first got it, just to see. It is so light that I often completely forgot I had it on.
Old 09-13-2013, 12:58 PM   #26
MouseMomx2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmysmom74 View Post
Awesome job mousemom!!! Love the info!!! You helped me over at current resort lists, I will report anything I hear to you. Thanks again!!
Thanks! And yes, please do. This is a work in progress and it will take all of us to make it accurate and up to date.
Old 09-13-2013, 01:07 PM   #27
LSUfan4444
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmysmom74 View Post
I don't see why you couldn't for charging, but for FP+ you have to scan your MB, I don't think the KTTW works except in old FP machine.
Thats what I am hearing...before this week everything I have read had suggested you did not have to use your MB and the KTTW could be used just the same (and maybe ti will after roll out). I heard the only differences were that they might not recognize your name as you walked by (difference in scanning technology), but needing your MB for FP+ is a big difference from believing the KTTW will work just the same as a MB.
Old 09-13-2013, 01:09 PM   #28
LSUfan4444
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MouseMomx2 View Post
This I do not know. You can opt out of the bands completely, in which case you get a KTTW card, but I don't know if your back-up card is useable if you do opt in to the band. If IT is saying no then I would go with that answer.

I will say, however, that the bands are EXTREMELY comfortable. I wore mine for 24 hours when I first got it, just to see. It is so light that I often completely forgot I had it on.

I hate wearing any jewelry..the only piece I wear is my wedding ring, and even take that off while swimming, running, cycling, at the gym, etc...I absolutely hate watches, chains, bracelets.

The whole, "You don't need to wear the magic band" thing is correct, but you will have to carry it with you if you want to participate in MB testing.
Old 09-13-2013, 01:10 PM   #29
MouseMomx2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Thats what I am hearing...before this week everything I have read had suggested you did not have to use your MB and the KTTW could be used just the same (and maybe ti will after roll out). I heard the only differences were that they might not recognize your name as you walked by (difference in scanning technology), but needing your MB for FP+ is a big difference from believing the KTTW will work just the same as a MB.
I think what has been said is that you do not have to use MBs but can opt for a KTTW card instead. If you opt not to use MBs your KTTW card will be able to be used for FP+s. This is how off-property guests will access FP+. They will have the ability to purchase a MB if they want one, but the default will be a card.

So, I think the bottom line is you have to choose MBs or no MBs. If you choose MBs you will need to use them for FP+. If you opt out you will be given an RFID-enabled KTTW card.
Old 09-13-2013, 01:12 PM   #30
MouseMomx2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
The whole, "You don't need to wear the magic band" thing is correct, but you will have to carry it with you if you want to participate in MB testing.
No, you can opt out completely, In that case you will get a KTTW card. The issue comes when you want both...a MB and a back-up KTTW card. That is not possible the way things are now. You will have to choose between them.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: