Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-12-2013, 08:51 PM   #271
erionm
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommary View Post
How do I get the magical express info on my bands? Received them about two weeks ago but did not know I could put the magical express on them. Thanks in advance
As long as you have DME arranged for your reservation they will be able to see the information when they scan your MagicBand at MCO.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
Old 10-12-2013, 09:58 PM   #272
2binak
DVC Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by BriarRose59 View Post
I linked my PAP's with just the will call number. I also purchased the PAPs with the DVC discount last December. We go next week and I will find out if we get physical tickets or not. I was told we still need to go to guest services to get our tickets activated.

One other glitch. My DD is a cast member. Since they use their CM ID to get into the park they have no physical ticket, therefore, I cannot use FP+ for our trip. I have to have a ticket tied to her MB. Oh well. Maybe they'll come up with a way around that later.
Thanks for the info I called ticketing today to see if I could get a voucher in the mail and was told no then transferred to IT. IT is looking into it for me. The IT tech I talked with seemed really good so I'm hoping she can do something to fix this, but she has to call me back on Monday because ticketing closed and she needs to get some more info from them.

11/90 Offsite, 11/97 PO, 5/99 DL, 1/00 CS, 1/04 PC, 12/05 SSR, 5/07 AKL, 10/08 SSR, 5/09 POFQ, 11/09 AKV Kidani, 11/10 AKV Kidani, 10/11 BWV, 10/12 BWV, 11/13 AKV Kidani, 5/14 BLT, 11/14 BWV
2binak is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-12-2013, 10:03 PM   #273
katt789
DIS Veteran

Thank you for this post!! I was definitely completely in the dark with magic band stuff, definitey helpful!

Instagram:Katt789
Twitter: KattWy

katt789 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 11:39 PM   #274
DreamChasers
Mouseketeer

Tons of great info!!! Thanks everyone for your posts. We're at OKW and VGF starting on December 21st, so are patiently waiting to try to add FP+ reservations on MDE. If we can, great! If not, we'll go the old fashionned route Regardless, we'll be at Disney for Christmas, so will be happy either way!

DreamChasers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 12:43 AM   #275
Halloweenqueen
Whenever Candle Lights Flicker...

Just wanted to add my voice to the MDE versus MDX debate... disney officially calls it MDX in all literature and training.

My opinion would be to use the term MDX. I think Disney is to trying to eliminate confusion of DME, Disney's Magical Express and DMX. Just as a CM can not use the term wristband or bracelet when speaking of a Magicband.

Last edited by Halloweenqueen; 10-13-2013 at 12:51 AM.
Halloweenqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 10:49 AM   #276
mecllap
"Skamps"
Hugh Jackman -- major beefcake!
Once a DIS Sleuth, Always a DIS Sleuth

When you have the QS dining plan, can one person go through the line and get food for everyone, or does each person (including the kids) have to scan their Magic Band for their order?

(Are they like the tix used to be -- with all credits available to everyone in the room?)
mecllap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 10:53 AM   #277
MouseMomx2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mecllap View Post
When you have the QS dining plan, can one person go through the line and get food for everyone, or does each person (including the kids) have to scan their Magic Band for their order?

(Are they like the tix used to be -- with all credits available to everyone in the room?)
I believe this is still possible. We never get the dining plan so I don't have first-hand experience. Hopefully someone else will come along to provide more info for you.
MouseMomx2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 10:55 AM   #278
MouseMomx2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halloweenqueen View Post
Just wanted to add my voice to the MDE versus MDX debate... disney officially calls it MDX in all literature and training.

My opinion would be to use the term MDX. I think Disney is to trying to eliminate confusion of DME, Disney's Magical Express and DMX. Just as a CM can not use the term wristband or bracelet when speaking of a Magicband.
Shortly after creating this post I did go back and put MDE/MDX wherever necessary. I think it is good to have both there for right now, since so many posters are referring to it as MDE. I actually think the best way to write it is MDEx but for right now I will leave things the way they are.
MouseMomx2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 09:41 AM   #279
lucas
°o°

How do you put someone on your Friends List but not Family List, as we don't travel together very much but I don't want to remove them. Is there a separate list or is it just the same "Friends/Family" list?

Hope that makes sense!

lucas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 10:29 AM   #280
erionm
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucas View Post
How do you put someone on your Friends List but not Family List, as we don't travel together very much but I don't want to remove them. Is there a separate list or is it just the same "Friends/Family" list?

Hope that makes sense!
When you edit the individual in your 'Family & Friends' list, there is a check-box titled 'Add to Family List: This friend often travels with me.'. If checked, they are in the family section. If not checked, they are in the friends section.
Old 10-15-2013, 10:46 AM   #281
karenklo
DIS Veteran

I need some info and help!!
I booked a surprise trip last week for 12/30/13 to 1/3/14 at PoR. In MDEx, under the manage bands and cards link-all that shows are the KTTK cards from us summer stays at Poly and POFQ. Those cards are old and not active. When does the MB icon show up to customize? I have read every thread but cannot seem to find out the answer.
Old 10-15-2013, 10:58 AM   #282
erionm
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by karenklo View Post
I need some info and help!!
I booked a surprise trip last week for 12/30/13 to 1/3/14 at PoR. In MDEx, under the manage bands and cards link-all that shows are the KTTK cards from us summer stays at Poly and POFQ. Those cards are old and not active. When does the MB icon show up to customize? I have read every thread but cannot seem to find out the answer.
December arrivals are not yet eligible for MyMagic+ (MagicBands & FastPass+). If Disney holds to the same dates as for Oct & Nov arrivals, it should be enabled in the next week or so.
Old 10-15-2013, 11:08 AM   #283
lucas
°o°

Quote:
Originally Posted by erionm View Post
When you edit the individual in your 'Family & Friends' list, there is a check-box titled 'Add to Family List: This friend often travels with me.'. If checked, they are in the family section. If not checked, they are in the friends section.
Ok, thanks! I saw that check mark, but wasn't sure what it would do.

lucas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 11:19 AM   #284
stindall
Congress Tart

Quote:
Originally Posted by MouseMomx2 View Post
Notes
  • Disney has said that guests should not try to link tickets for hard-ticket events to their MDE/MDX accounts. These include Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party, Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party, Night of Joy, etc. Guests should use the tickets provided to them to enter the park for these events.
  • All information in this post is subject to change as MDE/MDX and My Magic + are fully rolled out.
This has probably been said by someone else but I linked my MNSSHP tickets to my account and had no issues.

Sept 2008 Honeymoon @ Pop,Dec. 2009 surprise for dad (aka worst trip ever) @ Pop, Sept. 2013 First solo trip @ Pop, Sept. 2014 brother/sister trip @ pop! Read our PTR HERE
stindall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 11:26 AM   #285
ethanwa
Premier Passport AP / D23 Charter Member / D23 Geek of the Week / 2013 D23 Expo Sorcerers Ticket

If I book a room for this upcoming Friday, will I still get MagicBands and FastPass+? That is only a few days from now.

Ethan

Been to DL, WDW, Aulani, D23 Expo, and on DCL.

http://www.magicbandcollectors.com/
ethanwa is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: