Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-25-2013, 09:34 AM   #136
MouseMomx2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by erionm View Post
I've never had to do step 7. After I've invited someone and they've accepted, I was included in their Family & Friends list.
Interesting. My friend had to do it to add our family. This was a few weeks ago though so maybe things have changed. I will adjust my post.
MouseMomx2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 09:40 AM   #137
ThisIsTheYear
Too far from Mickey!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MouseMomx2 View Post
Okay...step by step...

1. Send an invitation to the person who manages the other account.
2. Once he/she accepts your invitation go to Add a Guest and click on Select from Mutual Friends
3. From the drop down menu, click on the guest you linked to.
4. The rest of the people in their account should then load.
5. Do this for every one of the people in the other account.
6. Once this is done you should see the specific icon (Tinkerbell, Goofy, etc.) that your friend chose for each person in his/her group.
7. If, after this process, your friend cannot see your family he/she should to the above to add your family to their profile
Thank you. I've been trying this all morning and the guests I'm adding keep disappearing. I even get the the confirmation emails. The only one showing up is my MIL who I added months ago. So frustrating. Ps. I have my MIL's login info and I've been trying it from that end also.
11/2013 - POP Century
ThisIsTheYear is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-25-2013, 09:43 AM   #138
mavadell
Mouseketeer

Magic band problem

I have a reservation for Nov. 17 - 23. Yesterday the customize magic bands message appeared on MDE. There are 7 of us going on two reservations. I was able to order bands for everyone but me! There is a message next to my grayed out Mickey head that says "there was a problem retrieving details about this guest. Then underneath it says "1 guest on your reservation is not eligible to receive a new magic band" (I've never had one before). I called Disney IT and the CM told me we could not order the bands until I received an email. When I told her I was able to order them already, except for mine, she got a little snippy and said I couldn't do that and had to wait for the email. Any ideas how to fix this?
mavadell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 09:44 AM   #139
MouseMomx2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThisIsTheYear View Post
Thank you. I've been trying this all morning and the guests I'm adding keep disappearing. I even get the the confirmation emails. The only one showing up is my MIL who I added months ago. So frustrating. Ps. I have my MIL's login info and I've been trying it from that end also.
Try calling IT at (407) 939-7765 (press #2). They should be able to help you get it all sorted out.
Old 09-25-2013, 09:45 AM   #140
MouseMomx2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavadell View Post
I have a reservation for Nov. 17 - 23. Yesterday the customize magic bands message appeared on MDE. There are 7 of us going on two reservations. I was able to order bands for everyone but me! There is a message next to my grayed out Mickey head that says "there was a problem retrieving details about this guest. Then underneath it says "1 guest on your reservation is not eligible to receive a new magic band" (I've never had one before). I called Disney IT and the CM told me we could not order the bands until I received an email. When I told her I was able to order them already, except for mine, she got a little snippy and said I couldn't do that and had to wait for the email. Any ideas how to fix this?
Call back! There are a few IT CMs that are less than helpful. Call back and talk to someone else. I am sure they can help you.
Old 09-25-2013, 09:47 AM   #141
ThisIsTheYear
Too far from Mickey!

Quote:
Try calling IT at (407) 939-7765 (press #2). They should be able to help you get it all sorted out.
Thank you for the info!
11/2013 - POP Century
ThisIsTheYear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 10:28 AM   #142
Mayhem1976
Mouseketeer

Quote:
I would definitely bring both sets with you for this trip. There have been a few glitches reported and having them would make any issue easier to fix. The odds are that you will not need them, but better to be safe than sorry.

FYI, we have chosen a different color each time we get a new set of bands. That way, since they will work interchangeably, we can choose which color we want on any given day.

Have a great trip!
Thanks, I will bring both. My big decision is do I just get both boys 1 color and say this is what they have or let them pick!!! Maybe I'll get 2 of the same color, since the little one needs to be like his brother!! I wish they had purple

CSR 2002, CBR 2009, BC 2012, AKL 2013
Mayhem1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 02:42 PM   #143
CarolAnnB
DIS Veteran

I have a question about the name you can customize on the band. Does it show up on the band somewhere or just on the box? The pictures I have seen of the bands just look plain to me. Unless the name is on the inside of the band? Thanks!

So sad ~ no countdown
CarolAnnB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 02:51 PM   #144
MrsNesbet
Earning My Ears

Does anyone know how magic bands work with a split stay? We are staying 2 nights and then 7 nights with the FD package. I heard we could pick up our tickets at the main ticket booth up to 3 days early, which is good but when I try to do FP+, it doesn't have those days listed even though we have 9 day tickets.

Anyone know how that will work? will I have to make them the day of/before?

Our trips:
'97 - offsite (school band trip)
'11 - POP (1st family trip)
'12 - POR (we got the Disney bug)
'13 - CBR (we are bringing Grandma!!)
'14 - ??? ready to start planning!!!
MrsNesbet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 02:55 PM   #145
erionm
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolAnnB View Post
I have a question about the name you can customize on the band. Does it show up on the band somewhere or just on the box? The pictures I have seen of the bands just look plain to me. Unless the name is on the inside of the band? Thanks!
It's embossed on the backside of the MagicBand and printed on an insert in the box that the MagicBands are placed into.
Old 09-25-2013, 03:00 PM   #146
grimley1968
DIS Veteran
Obedient Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolAnnB View Post
a) The name, as the PP mentioned, is embossed on the inside of the customized MB.

b) You could have seen one the gray, non-customized MB's in some photos. If you don't customize your MB's, they are given to you at the resort and are gray with no name on them. But I still chose gray even when I customized mine and it has my name on the inside of it.
Old 09-25-2013, 08:46 PM   #147
kammom18
Mouseketeer

Magic Band Extra Costs

Wondering if it costs extra to customize a Magic Band? For instance if my daughters both want a pink band with their name as opposed to the plain gray one without a name?

Also, if you purchase one of the Magic Band sleeves, can you still add Magic Bandits?

Any info would be appreciated.
Old 09-25-2013, 09:18 PM   #148
atisikitabasket
Mom Always Said I was a Little Off

We are staying one night room only at AOA then checking into POR for 6 night package with FD and put 7 day tickets on it but plan to use one day of the tickets on the day we are at AOA. I was able to do FP+ for the package will we not be able to do FP for the one night stay we have? We will be able to user our MB for the ticket for the night only stay won't we or will we have to go to somewhere else to get the ticket early?
Old 09-25-2013, 09:32 PM   #149
MouseMomx2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kammom18 View Post
Wondering if it costs extra to customize a Magic Band? For instance if my daughters both want a pink band with their name as opposed to the plain gray one without a name?

Also, if you purchase one of the Magic Band sleeves, can you still add Magic Bandits?

Any info would be appreciated.
The name is printed on the inside of the band and is not decorative. It is more for identification purposes so you don't mix them up with someone else's. Neither the personalization nor the colored bands cost anything.

You can purchase different band decorations in the shops, but they are not mandatory. I do not know if you can add both a sleeve and bandits. Perhaps another poster will be able to help.
Old 09-25-2013, 09:41 PM   #150
kammom18
Mouseketeer

Quote:
The name is printed on the inside of the band and is not decorative. It is more for identification purposes so you don't mix them up with someone else's. Neither the personalization nor the colored bands cost anything.

You can purchase different band decorations in the shops, but they are not mandatory. I do not know if you can add both a sleeve and bandits. Perhaps another poster will be able to help.
Thank you. I have been searching for this information all over the place.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: