Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-13-2013, 01:40 PM   #31
treehawk529
Earning My Ears

Just changed mine to 10:30 :-)
treehawk529 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 01:56 PM   #32
collectoraholic
Is it time to sail yet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom4fun View Post
Does anyone know if this is only for Pc or for Miami also?
I'm guessing it may be only for PC, as I just checked my parents Galveston booking and the earliest time is 11:00-11:30.

Then I checked out Miami booking, but since we're Platinum, it doesn't show any time options since we can get there and get on whenever we'd like.

If anyone w/ Galveston or Miami can comment on their PAT, that'd be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!
Register to remove

Old 09-13-2013, 02:35 PM   #33
GoofyLovingFamily
Mouseketeer

Galveston still shows 11 as earliest.
GoofyLovingFamily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 04:01 PM   #34
SuzanneSLO
DIS Veteran

Miami still shows 11 am as the earliest as well.
SuzanneSLO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 04:46 PM   #35
CruisingSarah
Mouseketeer

How does this PAT thing work? I'm not sure I remember having it on our previous cruises but they were from Barcelona and Vancouver.

If you get one of these really early PATs, say 10.30 then what is the likely boarding time? I don't want to get there and then just wait for a long time in the terminal.

Are people who arrive too early turned away until their designated time?

If we took an early one and then couldn't make it on time does that cause a problem?

I don't know whether to stick with my original time of 12.30 and hope to be there kind of in between the early and late rushes, or go with one of the new very early PATS in the hope of getting onboard early and getting a Palo ressie. But then I guess the dining requests desk may only be open set hours anyway?

Thanks

Magic in the Med again! Aug 23rd 2014

Past:

Many great cruises on RCI

Fantasy 7 night Western Oct 26th 2013

Wonder in Alaska Aug 23rd 2011

Magic in the Med Aug 7th 2010
CruisingSarah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 04:53 PM   #36
Kommando K
Mouseketeer

I just switched our time to 10:30. Woot! I'm thinking that the crowds in the terminal would be better served if they can take more time getting everyone on board. The rooms still won't be ready until 1pm, but the common spaces are actually readied the night before after everyone's "tucked" in for the night. So the common areas should be ready for guests.
Old 09-13-2013, 04:56 PM   #37
Weedy
DIS Veteran

sorry double post
Weedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 04:57 PM   #38
Weedy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CruisingSarah View Post
How does this PAT thing work? I'm not sure I remember having it on our previous cruises but they were from Barcelona and Vancouver.

If you get one of these really early PATs, say 10.30 then what is the likely boarding time? I don't want to get there and then just wait for a long time in the terminal.

Are people who arrive too early turned away until their designated time?

If we took an early one and then couldn't make it on time does that cause a problem?

I don't know whether to stick with my original time of 12.30 and hope to be there kind of in between the early and late rushes, or go with one of the new very early PATS in the hope of getting onboard early and getting a Palo ressie. But then I guess the dining requests desk may only be open set hours anyway?

Thanks
What we don't know yet is if they are going to start boarding the ship earlier now that they have moved up the PAT's. Right now boarding starts about 11:45. Your boarding # is tied to your PAT. So if they keep the boarding time at 11:45, I suggest you picking the earliest PAT and getting there at 11:30ish (Disney doesn't care if you get there late.) by the time you finish your paper work your boarding number should be called. FYI they
Platinum Cruisers and Concierge first usually boarding #'s 1 and 2 then the rest will be assigned by your PAT.

You are right about the dining desk. It is located on the ship so if boarding doesn't start until 11:45 it doesn't pay to get there earlier.

Keep an eye on these boards and people will post if they change the time you can get on the ship.

Last edited by Weedy; 09-13-2013 at 05:02 PM.
Old 09-13-2013, 05:04 PM   #39
CruisingSarah
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weedy View Post
What we don't know yet is if they are going to start boarding the ship earlier now that they have moved up the PAT's. Right now boarding starts about 11:45. Your boarding # is tied to your PAT. So if they keep the boarding time at 11:45, I suggest you picking the earliest PAT and getting there at 11:30ish by the time you finish your paper work your boarding number should be called. FYI they
Platinum Cruisers and Concierge first usually boarding #'s 1 and 2 then the rest will be assigned by your PAT.
OK thank you for that advice. Is your boarding number definitely tied to your PAT and not to the actual time you arrive at port?

I will choose the earliest time and hope to get there then, better that than to have a late time, arrive early and not be able to do anything about it.

Past:

Old 09-13-2013, 05:10 PM   #40
Meghatron
DIS Veteran

Quote:

OK thank you for that advice. Is your boarding number definitely tied to your PAT and not to the actual time you arrive at port?
Yes, otherwise there is no point to having a PAT system at all.

Sent from my Tricorder using DISBoards
Meghatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 05:12 PM   #41
Weedy
DIS Veteran

Quote:

I will choose the earliest time and hope to get there then, better that than to have a late time, arrive early and not be able to do anything about it.
Yes it is tied to your PAT. I would think it may not be perfectly exact but very close.
Old 09-13-2013, 05:32 PM   #42
CruisingSarah
Mouseketeer

Thanks both of you. I think what I was meaning by that was that say you arrived much later than your PAT then do you still get your original early boarding number which was based on your planned time or have you 'lost your place' and they reallocate you a later boarding number because you actually showed up late?

I guess I'm clearer now and that your boarding number is based on your PAT and it shouldn't be a problem if you are delayed. Though clearly you want to try to get there at the assigned time.

Past:

Old 09-13-2013, 05:38 PM   #43
PrincessShmoo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Thanks both of you. I think what I was meaning by that was that say you arrived much later than your PAT then do you still get your original early boarding number which was based on your planned time or have you 'lost your place' and they reallocate you a later boarding number because you actually showed up late?

I guess I'm clearer now and that your boarding number is based on your PAT and it shouldn't be a problem if you are delayed. Though clearly you want to try to get there at the assigned time.
You will get the same boarding number if you arrive during your PAT window that you will get if you arrive 2 hours later.

HAL Alaska 2009;2012;PC 2013Carnival Baja 2014
DCL Magic May 2008 Panama Canal WB, Sep 2010 Med/WB TransAtlantic,
DCL Wonder Oct & Dec 2011 Mexico, Oct 2012 Hawaii

DL too numerous to count WDW 1974, 1983, 1985, 1989, 1991, 1997, 2001, 2008 Tokyo DL 1984
PrincessShmoo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 05:40 PM   #44
CruisingSarah
Mouseketeer

Thank you

Past:

Old 09-13-2013, 06:11 PM   #45
Weedy
DIS Veteran

Around 12:30 they go to "open boarding" so it really doesn't matter after that.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: