Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-12-2013, 09:23 PM   #1
disneysailor
Mouseketeer

Pick up at Port Canaveral

My mother will be picking us up from Port Canaveral. I can't seem to find any information on where the pick up area is at the Disney terminal. Could anyone offer information on where we would tell her to pick us up? Also, is it a fairly easy process or not so smooth? If we arrange for her to pick us up at 9:30, would this be reasonable barring any unforeseeable problems? She will be driving in that day so I wouldn't want her to have to arrive any earlier unless necessary.

Thank you for any information that you can provide!
disneysailor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 07:57 AM   #2
Capt_BJ
So Many Times

well no one is jumping in with a simple and quick answer so let me try and give you a couple of tips.

Yes you can do this ... much in the same way you can p/up at the curb at the airport. BUT IME there is no 'short term parking' ... they really want to keep things moving (they being the port security folks)

MY SUGGESTION

A. CELL PHONES will be very useful to coordinate . . .

B. P/UP driver will be well advised to arrive in Port Canaveral a little early and find someplace for a cup of coffee and wait for your call. There is a Micky'D just a few minutes east on 528/A1A, and Grills in the port serves a nice breakfast.

C. As you leave the ship call your driver. By the time you get your bags and clear Customs, they should be in or very near the terminal area and there will be plenty of folks directing them and you to the one pickup area.

This is the plan I use ... if the driver gets there too early security will not allow them to sit and they get a bit testy if the driver argues . .then you do the 'go around' ...

There is only 1 road the loops around the terminal and only one way out of the terminal if you are not going into the garage - or at least that's how it was last time I went thru.....

good luck.

CELL PHONE!!!!

I can give you a map/picture of the terminal area if needed - PM me

WDW more than I can count incl EPCOT opening
40+ cruises including
DCL x 7 incl inaugural years of Magic and Wonder
retired 29 yr USCG, 12 years at sea, 4 in Command
Capt_BJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 10:04 PM   #3
disneysailor
Mouseketeer

Thank you so much for posting a reply and sharing information. I am so surprised that it is so hard to find information on this. We'll be sure to have our cell phones charged and ready!
disneysailor is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: