Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Disney Collectors Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-02-2013, 12:56 PM   #16
like2workout
Mouseketeer

well if they come next year, i'll let you know. and if you can't come i'll be glad to get the autos for you. and any others. i'll let you know the entire guest list. they'll add to it all through the year. i check it out about once a month to see who all has been added.

Quote:
Originally Posted by supernova View Post
I've got Loggia on a card and photo, which was a great addition to my villains collection. I wish I had known about Stollery and Considine... need them for my Legends collection!!! I tried writing to both, but now that they are doing the convention rounds, I don't think they answer for free through the mail. Bummer.
like2workout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 12:48 PM   #17
skelly08
Earning My Ears

I have a large collection of voice over Disney/Pixar autographs. I have most of the cast from Lion King, Monsters Inc, Little Mermaid, and Beauty and the Beast. My hardest person to find, so far, has been Robbie Benson. But I did track him down and sent him a photo to sign. I have Disney animators autographs, also many Pixar related autographs too. Most of the Pixar guys draw/sketch a little drawing along with their autograph. Always looking for up to date addresses or more names for my collection. If you are a serious collector and would like to talk more just let me know. Would love to share what I have and what I would like to add to my collection.
skelly08 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-07-2013, 05:25 PM   #18
supernova
Between genius and insanity

Quote:
Originally Posted by skelly08 View Post
I have a large collection of voice over Disney/Pixar autographs. I have most of the cast from Lion King, Monsters Inc, Little Mermaid, and Beauty and the Beast. My hardest person to find, so far, has been Robbie Benson. But I did track him down and sent him a photo to sign. I have Disney animators autographs, also many Pixar related autographs too. Most of the Pixar guys draw/sketch a little drawing along with their autograph. Always looking for up to date addresses or more names for my collection. If you are a serious collector and would like to talk more just let me know. Would love to share what I have and what I would like to add to my collection.
Welcome aboard! I will certainly get in touch. I tried tracking Benson down to two work addresses and I think I tried reaching him on LinkedIn, but have yet to find him. Congratulations on that!
Old 10-11-2013, 04:47 PM   #19
like2workout
Mouseketeer

i've also had no luck with robby benson. i've had a picture of the beast that i've been holding for about 10 years now!

Quote:
Welcome aboard! I will certainly get in touch. I tried tracking Benson down to two work addresses and I think I tried reaching him on LinkedIn, but have yet to find him. Congratulations on that!
Old 10-11-2013, 05:51 PM   #20
supernova

Quote:
Originally Posted by like2workout View Post
i've also had no luck with robby benson. i've had a picture of the beast that i've been holding for about 10 years now!
That guy's been hiding out on me. I had trouble with Austin Pendleton, too, because I wanted him for my Finding Nemo collection. couldn't reach himn through his day job at a school here in Manhattan, but I got him later on, happily.
Old 10-15-2013, 06:57 PM   #21
supernova

Wanted to share today's success from Tony Baxter, to show you all what I have been sending out to the Disney Legends. I currently have 44 signed certificates, with two in the mail which I hope to receive back some day.

Old 11-04-2013, 06:16 AM   #22
supernova

45 Disney Legends certificates! Latest one came in from Ruthie Tompson, who besides working on Walt's multi-plane camera, was also an inker on every animated feature from Snow White to The Rescuers. Quite the legacy with Disney.
Old 11-04-2013, 06:19 AM   #23
supernova

Last weekend, I met the Dreamfinder. No, not the local high school kid who's playing the Dreamfinder in Epcot this week. I mean the voice of the original Dreamfinder from the old attraction. While signing an autograph, he slipped into the voice and recited a few lines.. Really took me back![IMG][/IMG]
Old 11-04-2013, 07:52 AM   #24
like2workout
Mouseketeer

very cool! congrats, and thx for sharing! where did you meet the dreamfinder?

Quote:
Last weekend, I met the Dreamfinder. No, not the local high school kid who's playing the Dreamfinder in Epcot this week. I mean the voice of the original Dreamfinder from the old attraction. While signing an autograph, he slipped into the voice and recited a few lines.. Really took me back![IMG][/IMG]
Old 11-04-2013, 08:10 PM   #25
supernova

Thanks! He was at the Chiller Theater convention here on the east coast. He played lots of characters in cartoons, and I was happy to learn he was Dreamfinder as well. Would love to have gotten Billy Barty as Figment before he died (loved him in 'Night Patrol', but I didn't know it was him before he passed.
Old 11-05-2013, 02:22 AM   #26
ThBa
DIS Veteran

45 Disney Legends certificates ?? WOW ! Great !!

Would it be possible to post the addresses here so I could try to send them some request too ?

Old 11-05-2013, 06:43 AM   #27
supernova

Here is who I have so far
1 Bob Gurr
2 Marty Sklar
3 Don Iwerks
4 Tyrus Wong
5 Ray Walton
6 Bill Farmer
7 Mary Costa
8 Tony Anselmo
9 Robin Williams
10 Richard Sherman
11 Tim Rice
12 Art Linkletter
13 Angela Lansbury
14 Tim Conway
15 D1ck Van Dyke
16 Dean Jones
17 Hayley Mills
18 Betty White
19 Barbara Walters
20 Frank Gifford
21 Rolly Crump
22 Tim Allen
23 Dickie Jones
24 Annette Funicello
25 Randy Newman
26 Marge Champion
27 Al Knoetzni
28 Harry Archinal
29 Ron Logan
30 Walt Peregoy
31 Orlando Ferrante
32 Jack Lindquist
33 Regis Philbin
34 Burny Mattinson
35 Jodi Benson
36 Dave Smith
37 Alan Menken
38 Floyd Norman
39 Charlie Ridgway
40 Kurt Russell
41 Tommy Kirk
42 Lea Salonga
43 X Atencio
44 Tony Baxter
45 Ruthie Tompson

I currently have certificates out to D1ck Nunis (might even have that one back... have to check), and Alice Davis (who refuses to reply, it seems... sent two out). Missed out on getting Paige O'Hara to sign the certificate on the day I met the Dreamfinder, Chuck McCann.

I had mailed certificates to Roy Disney, Fess Parker, and Rue McClanahan weeks or even days before each of them passed. I also sent one to Wally Boag, whose son wrote back to say that his dad was in the advanced stages of Alzheimers Disease. But he was so touched that I wrote to his dad that he sent me an autographed book... one that his dad signed before he got too ill to write. It's a treasured piece of my collection.

There aren't many others I can write to, since most are dead and others are difficult to hunt down. I'm going to mail out a certificate to Blaine Gibson today. Fingers crossed!
Old 11-05-2013, 08:01 AM   #28
like2workout
Mouseketeer

that is an amazing collection! good luck getting the others. do you make your own cards to mail out to them, like the dreamfinder card?

Quote:
45 Disney Legends certificates! Latest one came in from Ruthie Tompson, who besides working on Walt's multi-plane camera, was also an inker on every animated feature from Snow White to The Rescuers. Quite the legacy with Disney.
Old 11-05-2013, 09:27 AM   #29
supernova

The Dreamfinder picture was printed on 8x11 photo paper. The Legends Certificate I created is also 8x11, though I use resume-type paper (not sure what the parchment would be considered). Here's the layout I've used for everyone (the Robin Williams one was resized, but it's still a full sheet of paper:

Old 11-05-2013, 09:29 AM   #30
supernova

During a slow moment at work, I just hunted down three more names. Will try to get them into the mail this week. Gibson's leaves today

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: