Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > The DIS Unplugged Podcast > Power of 10 - DIS Events to Benefit GKTW
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-22-2014, 10:31 AM   #136
mommy2allgirls
Stay out of the damn lakes!

If you have items to be donated for auction or raffle then please bring them and we will have blank auction sheets for them. Thank you
mommy2allgirls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2014, 01:05 PM   #137
paigestauffer
Earning My Ears

Stitchlover we are on our way home from the hospital in MN and I told my daughter about your online name she is sooooo excited to meet you. My mom, who doesn't sew, made her an Angel dress for her wish trip. When I told her about you she said Mom I have to wear my Angel dress!! So hopefully you will see a 9 yr old with Angel on her dress.

God bless you all for giving to such a wonderful and magical place.
Register to remove

Old 03-22-2014, 01:44 PM   #138
Jenntx
Mouseketeer

Wish it would have worked for us to come this year. Looking forward to coming next year. I hope you all have a great time today & raise lots of money for GKTW!!! Have fun!
Jenntx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2014, 10:09 PM   #139
mommy2allgirls

Thank you to everyone who came! I really enjoyed meeting everyone and look forward to next years meet! We already have some ideas of what we want to do and if you are interested in helping plan next years even send me a message! We will officially start planning in May!

Thanks again everyone!
Old 03-22-2014, 11:35 PM   #140
TexasDisneyLover
Earning My Ears

I want to apologize that I couldn't make it tonight. I had a family emergency and the meet was the last thing on my mind at the time. Hope everybody had a great time, and raised a lot of money for GKTW>
TexasDisneyLover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2014, 12:35 AM   #141
mommy2allgirls

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasDisneyLover View Post
I want to apologize that I couldn't make it tonight. I had a family emergency and the meet was the last thing on my mind at the time. Hope everybody had a great time, and raised a lot of money for GKTW>
I am so very sorry to hear that. I hope that all is ok!
Old 03-23-2014, 12:39 AM   #142
mommy2allgirls

Event Photos!

Ok so I posted the pics that I took with my personal camera on my Facebook page and also on Flickr and I believe I made the ones on Flicr available for everyone to see. If you would like to email me any pics you took I would love to add them. My goal is too make an album for the team once I get moved into my new house in about two weeks. So if you are interested in sending pics my way just send me a private message and I will give you my email address. Also, if you able to please take any pics you would like from my flickr and or Facebook and if it won't let you then please let me know and I am sure we can get something worked out.

For next years event we will also have a Facebook page in addition to the boards so I think that will be an even easier way to show pics of the event.

Here is the link to my flickr https://www.flickr.com/photos/caseyl...7642772345354/

let me know if you have any questions and once again I truly appreciate all of those who came out today to support Give Kids the World!
Old 03-23-2014, 09:27 AM   #143
RHMH
When I retire, I want to get a real job and work for Disney

Location: Born In (Setagaya, Tokyo) Now Living In Fort Worth, Texas

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy2allgirls View Post
Ok so I posted the pics that I took with my personal camera on my Facebook page and also on Flickr and I believe I made the ones on Flicr available for everyone to see. If you would like to email me any pics you took I would love to add them. My goal is too make an album for the team once I get moved into my new house in about two weeks. So if you are interested in sending pics my way just send me a private message and I will give you my email address. Also, if you able to please take any pics you would like from my flickr and or Facebook and if it won't let you then please let me know and I am sure we can get something worked out.

For next years event we will also have a Facebook page in addition to the boards so I think that will be an even easier way to show pics of the event.

Here is the link to my flickr https://www.flickr.com/photos/caseyl...7642772345354/

let me know if you have any questions and once again I truly appreciate all of those who came out today to support Give Kids the World!
Great Photos, wish we had found this thread months ago. Noticed you are July goer's also... We love going to WDW in July and I love celebrating my Birthday at WDW.

Thanks for sharing the Dis Meet photos.

Bob

Link to RHMH - July 2014 Disneyland Trip Report Thread -- http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3302724

DD 15 ME 56 Issac 24
WDW 2002, WDW 2003, Tokyo Disney 2003, WDW 2004, Paris Disney 2004, WDW 2005, WDW 2006, WDW 2007, WDW 2008, WDW 2009, WDW 2010, WDW 2011, WDW 2012, WDW 2013
DLR 2014
RHMH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2014, 01:08 PM   #144
Joyosaurusrex
Earning My Ears

Thanks so much to everyone who made this possible! I had a great time, and I picked up a baby shower gift to boot! I didn't get to say much about this yesterday, but this organization is very close to my heart. I have grown up with and loved children who have only had glimpses of childhood. I'm so glad to have been able to support an organization who makes that possible. I've been with a family who just wishes for a moment when their child forgets about the oxygen and the wheelchair and is just able to be a child, however brief that moment is. I've seen the eyes of the child who is using their wheelchair to dance and feels no different than the child jumping up and down next to them. It is overwhelmingly beautiful. It is no wonder I am so in love with a place that can make that possible. Thanks again for giving of your time and resources to such an amazing cause!
Joyosaurusrex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2014, 01:56 PM   #145
KristaTX
♥DIS Veteran♥
I never knew that Fruit of the Looms were souvenirs from my state

Thanks for throwing a great fundraiser meet! And thanks for posting the link to the photos.
Old 03-23-2014, 11:15 PM   #146
mommy2allgirls

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joyosaurusrex View Post
Thanks so much to everyone who made this possible! I had a great time, and I picked up a baby shower gift to boot! I didn't get to say much about this yesterday, but this organization is very close to my heart. I have grown up with and loved children who have only had glimpses of childhood. I'm so glad to have been able to support an organization who makes that possible. I've been with a family who just wishes for a moment when their child forgets about the oxygen and the wheelchair and is just able to be a child, however brief that moment is. I've seen the eyes of the child who is using their wheelchair to dance and feels no different than the child jumping up and down next to them. It is overwhelmingly beautiful. It is no wonder I am so in love with a place that can make that possible. Thanks again for giving of your time and resources to such an amazing cause!
Thank you for sharing this. I'm getting really passionate about this organization because I have an illness and I know what I go through and it breaks my heart that kids have to go through pain and the possibility of not living a full life. It really touches my heart and I can't wait to raise even more money next year!
Old 03-23-2014, 11:17 PM   #147
mommy2allgirls

Quote:
Originally Posted by KristaTX View Post
Thanks for throwing a great fundraiser meet! And thanks for posting the link to the photos.
You're very welcome! It was so fun and I think our next meet will be even better. We came into this as newbies but the 4 of us who planned have even started talking about next year. We are ready to plan and raise even more!

Our first goal is finding a bigger space so more people can attend!
Old 03-24-2014, 12:07 AM   #148
john398
DIS Veteran

just wanted to say me and my son had a good time and was fun meeting folks from the podcast thanks so much to organizers
john398 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 12:42 AM   #149
mommy2allgirls

I started a Facebook page for next years event. I thought it might be easier for all of us to chat and come up with ideas. We would love to have people help roundup donations that we can use in the silent auction and raffle. Anyways here is the page please join and let's plan 2015!!!

https://m.facebook.com/Ntexasdismeet
Old 03-24-2014, 02:17 AM   #150
WebmasterKathy

Not Podcast Kathy, I'm the other one
Bring on the tequila and chocolates!

DISboards Administrator

Is there a reason we can't just use a thread on our DIS meets forum for this? This is why we created that forum, and branching off to another tool or site to discuss planning a meet for members of our discussion forum just seems odd.

A few of the most recent area DIS meets we're arranged and communicated mostly via email, which also felt odd and awkward to me. And exclusionary, as only those who were on that email list would know about those meets. Here on the DIS is where we all are, and where others in the area who are interested in joining will find us.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: