Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-03-2014, 09:15 AM   #736
podsnel
just skippin' around, amusing myself...

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvc4life View Post
What a bunch of fantastic updates! You really should write for Disney promoting how much fun the parks are and what all there is to do. You just make me feel like I am there with you.

Great job!
I wish you were there with me! And thanks for the compliment- wish that was a job!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pillow View Post
You really could write travel books. With your sense of humor, they would be a hoot to read! I think you should start on that in your spare time.

Jodie
You too? Really? Ok- I accept- where's that job offer?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DWGal210 View Post
What a great Disneyland morning! How nice to be right there and walk into the parks. Just incredible!

Yes- and when you and I go to AEP there one day, Roomie, you will see how really awesome it is!

The lunch looked yummy! I am not a huge fried chicken fan but I have to admit that looks very good!
Really? I thought everyone loved fried chicken- just can't eat it too often....

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAGICFOR2 View Post
Great morning! Plaza and CP had a baby good one. It is pretty cool how both parks and DTD are right outside your room! AND the secret entrance to CA rocks! I love how most things in DLR are kind of the same as WDW, but just enough different to give its own charm!
And it IS truly SO charming- can't stress that enough. But YOU know THAT!!!
podsnel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2014, 09:37 AM   #737
podsnel

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib View Post
I am loving all the updates.
I just finished writing my DL report (literally like 5 minutes ago, but I haven't posted it yet) and it is bringing back more memories and how exciting the first day is.
I love how calm your boys look on the rides. As you have seen, I look like an idiot in all my ride photos.
LMAO!!! You do NOT look like an idiot! You just look like you are having a blast and really enjoying everything to the max!

The first day IS really exciting- I could re-live THAT first day over and over, it was really wonderful-

So what's your next TR?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rentayenta View Post
Love this update! Plaza Inn fried chicken is my favorite meal in all of the Disney parks.

I believe that is what you said about it when I met you there- I remember you had a plate of some very well picked over bones in front of you!

And yes, next time, because there will be a next time. I just know our families would have a blast together.

OH YEA!!! Yes we would!

I am getting my Disneyland fix through your report.
How much onger until you go?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beth D View Post
Holy updates batgirl! Miss a few weeks, miss a ton!

Or...miss a few weeks, miss nothing...I have had more time on my hands for this lately.

Love the trees! I'm glad Timmy sucked it up! You gotta do what you gotta do to keep everyone moving!

Timmy had no choice. I am hoping that the Timmy of the Mariposa Grove is NOT on our next upcoming tree adventure- at the Capilano Suspension Bridge Park in Vancouver. http://www.capbridge.com/

Glad to see the boys wearing another team besides those awful Yankees! (Ducks) Love visiting other parks!

AWFUL??? Yea, well-

WOW! Fran, i'd love to go shopping with you one day to help you spend! I love spending other peoples money!
LOL!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by englishrose47 View Post
Great Update Ellen !!! The fried chicken looked goooood !!Funny seeing The Plaza as a counter service , but a little fancier with real plates !! Not unless they were very posh paper oneI agree about writing a book , but ITSK would need to be the Co Author
All the Disneyland Counter Service had real plates- it was soooo nice.

Would love for ITSK to be the co-author- but she hasn't been on the DIS in like 2 years, so that might be a little tough!

Quote:
Originally Posted by franandaj View Post
I'm so glad you got to eat the Fried Chicken at the Plaza Inn. That was Walt's favorite restaurant and fried chicken was one of his favorite foods. That's why it's on the menu. It's one of my favorites too. We get the chicken and the Cobb Salad.

I LOVE this little fact about Walt! Thank you for sharing it!

She loves spending other people's money too. if you want to place any orders, she'll be happy to pick up something at the park and ship it to you, she's your gal.
Cool! I know you did say this when we were power shopping- but I think I may actually have a request for her- a DL Alex and Ani bracelet? I would love to have one of your POSITIVELY BREATHTAKING castle- they were all out when I was there, i was so disappointed! If she ever sees one while on her travels in silver, I would be THRILLED! Thanks!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-03-2014, 09:44 AM   #738
podsnel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Oblivious View Post
You guys certainly looked like you were having a blast! I'm eager to try out Space Mountain there now. And I might have to finagle some fried chicken too.
You definitely need to- all of that- how much longer til your big summer adventure? You know- the one where you meet me at a rest stop on 95?

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottny View Post
Those trees are gorgeous. I have to get out there and see them.
You never have? They are quite impressive- need to go onto everyone's bucket list.
In n Out Burgers is all I miss from living in L.A.
When you were scottla? I am not a big LA fan either- sorry. Anaheim was great- just the LA vibe is not for me-
OOH! Walmart. Love stopping there. LOL.
Yeah youíre at DLR.
Nice pool.
That is a nice room you got and what a view.
Thanks! Most definitely felt blessed and spent lots of time out there on the balcony enjoying it.
What a nice dinner with nice ladies.
Definitely! But just wait until brunch/lunch!!
I love all the art.
She did buy a lot. I think the CM didnít want her pic taken. LOl.
LOL- yu mean because her arm went up- funny.
Sounds like a great first night there.
Beautiful pics of CA.
I was thinking the Plaza and Crystal Palace looked similar. Very nice place and the chicken looked good.
It was delicious-
If you like SM there you should try it in Paris. Ooh boy!
All caught up again.
Paris??? Ok- I need to know- what is the SM like there?????
Old 07-03-2014, 12:35 PM   #739
podsnel

As I was saying...our good friend, Stephen, of hiking up half-dome then to Glacier Point and sitting on the point contemplating life fame would be joining us for a few days here with his son, B. They were staying off at one of the good neighbor hotels, and were coming over to hang for an hour before Pods and I scooted off for our romantic and much anticipated belated Happy Anniversary dinner at Napa Rose.

A little backround- Stephen and I met waaaaaaaaay back in the day, when he moved in for the summer with a crowd of friends across from where I was living with a smaller crowd of friends in a group of apartments in Surf City, NJ (Long Beach Island). I was going into my Senior year of college, Pods and I were not dating but were friends and he had just graduated from college (as a side note- Pods and I HAD shared our first kiss right before he graduated- AND it must have been one HECK of a kiss, because he drove down to Surf City one night and tried to find me- but, couldn't, although he was on my street and may or may not have stolen a sign from someone's yard because it said Gizzy on it, which is another one of his nicknames, but I REALLY digress...). Not that any of this matters, just providing a timeline, I guess. Stephen was already out in the world working as a super genius in a windowless think tank for Bell Labs and coming down to LBI for weekends. Anyway, OBVIOUSLY we became good friends! Fast forward just a handful of years later, and Pods and I were married and looking to get a season rental down in Beach Haven, NJ- also with a group of friends- SOME of whom were Stephen and his brother and other assorted miscriants from my Surf City days. We were putting the band back together, man. In honor of Turn Back Thursday, I give you my men from 6th St, Beach Haven, NJ circa 1988, with hair and everything!!

Stephen is the handsome guy sitting next to my handsome Pods.

Many years after that, Stephen moved out to Cali for the healthy lifestyle and laid-back environs- and our golden Jersey boy was never to return to his Garden State roots. SO- we were REALLY very excited to spend some time together, with our kids. A bit different than our beach days, but awesome, nonetheless. After the nickel tour (which has led Stephen to believe we are doing really well, but really it's the DVC, not us!) we headed down to swim- well, the kids swam, we talked.

No idea what game they were playing in the hot tub- but it was kind of nice, we were the only ones out here.

Unfortunately, we were soon out of time- Pods and I were going to our special dinner. Stephen & son stayed to hang with our boys and order some pizza and play some arcade games before they left and went back to their own hotel for the night. We would see them again tomorrow though!

Up next- dinner at the famed Napa Rose.

Old 07-03-2014, 01:59 PM   #740
Linda67
Has a Masters in Margaritas

I swear if LA wasn't so far from London I would be on my way to DL right now!
Love your photos and can totally see what an amazing time you are all having :-)
I realised that I didn't comment on your awesome DIS meets - such fun!
I seriously can't get over the artwork and memorabilia in the 1901 Lounge - I would loose my mind!
Great that you got to spend time with such wonderful DIS'ers whose TRs I adore :-)
Linda67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2014, 02:44 PM   #741
DWGal210
DIS Veteran

How fun that you got to hang out with Stephen and his son! Very cool that you've all kept in touch.

Can't wait to hear all about Napa Rose!
Old 07-04-2014, 12:42 PM   #742
MEK
DIS Veteran

Plaza Inn - another restaurant that's going on my bucket lit. How cute! And the chicken looks pretty yummy, too!

Yeah Pods looks like he can hardly contain himself. on Space Mountain.

Edited to say: How fun that you met up with one of your old friends.

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW

Last edited by MEK; 07-04-2014 at 04:07 PM.
MEK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2014, 01:14 PM   #743
franandaj

Sharing adventures and good times
My heart is forever given to Fran

Quote:
Originally Posted by podsnel View Post
I LOVE this little fact about Walt! Thank you for sharing it!

Cool! I know you did say this when we were power shopping- but I think I may actually have a request for her- a DL Alex and Ani bracelet? I would love to have one of your POSITIVELY BREATHTAKING castle- they were all out when I was there, i was so disappointed! If she ever sees one while on her travels in silver, I would be THRILLED! Thanks!
While we're talking about the Plaza Inn, I also remember that when it reopened (after a major refurb and menu change), we got to tour the kitchens. Unless something major changed, the chicken is actually not fried, but baked using a cutting edge process for the late 1990s. It used some sort of convection technique to give it that fried texture, without actually adding the fat calories of frying in oil.

What is an Alex and Ani bracelet? I look at the jewelry counter in every store (Main Street, Elias and Co and WoD) when I go and I have four trips scheduled this month. I am laughing right now, because I first typed two trips (both DISmeets) and then I remembered a third and went back and erased that, then I remembered the fourth! Life is good when you live this close to the park! I would be happy to pick on up for you if I can find it.

Nice that you got to reconnect with an old friend!
Alison ~~~~ She said it wouldn't be Boring! | Our Disney Dream Home|Sleepy and Grumpy Visit Tatooine |Keep Your Eyes on the Road | I do get to go to WDW this year! | Expo 2013 | ...It's How You Play the Game | We need a little Magic... | TR - Pinch me... | Destination D-75 TR | It'll be a WONDER ... | Cheating on Mickey w/ Harry, PTR | D23 Expo 2011 TR | D23 D40 WDW in Detail | DCA F&W Review | Jan 2010 DR Visits 2015: VGC, VWL, DCL 2014: VGC, CSR, VGF, DCL 2013: VWL, BCV, DCL, AKL, BLT, VGC, 2012: VGC, DCL, 2011: VGC, BLT, OKW 2010: THV, AKV, VGC, 2009: BWV 2008: SSR, 2007: AKL & GF, 2001: AKL, BC & DCL 1997: DXL & WL 1993: GF, DL Too many to count since 1973!

franandaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2014, 03:51 PM   #744
dizneeat
DIS Veteran

All caught up again, Ellen!
Sorry for falling behind. Trying to stay with you for now as I am on vacation - finally! But then we are leaving for our summer vacation in less than 3 weeks.
TR Summer 2014: We're out of it! A MAGICal Med adventure TR 2013: Get off the ship .....
Visit my other TRs/dining reviews here:

dizneeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2014, 05:55 PM   #745
pillow
DIS Veteran

What a cute story, and I love the 80's pic! Tell Pods he has aged well. He looks almost exactly the same. Man, I hate it when men do that!!

Jodie
pillow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 11:32 AM   #746
scottny
You better have crackers
I heard of light reading, never wet reading
I still won't go in the ocean because of

I lived in Burbank and Glendale back in 95-96. Hated it and moved back east.
I love Surf City. We had a house in North beach.
It is nice to catch up with old friends in person.
scottny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 12:12 PM   #747
Captain_Oblivious
DIS Dad #257
Don't underestimate your audience. I'm sure there's a fart joke in here somewhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by podsnel View Post
You definitely need to- all of that- how much longer til your big summer adventure? You know- the one where you meet me at a rest stop on 95?
Just a few weeks now, right? We leave in less than 2 weeks.

You're going to have to keep reminding us about meeting up with you--our brains are going to be so fried when we get back I wouldn't be shocked if we forget everything! So keep bugging us!
Captain_Oblivious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 02:54 PM   #748
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Both Pods and Stephen have a little less hair these days.

How nice to be able to visit with him again though.
jenseib is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 02:11 PM   #749
podsnel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linda67 View Post
I swear if LA wasn't so far from London I would be on my way to DL right now!
Love your photos and can totally see what an amazing time you are all having :-)
I realised that I didn't comment on your awesome DIS meets - such fun!
I seriously can't get over the artwork and memorabilia in the 1901 Lounge - I would loose my mind!
Great that you got to spend time with such wonderful DIS'ers whose TRs I adore :-)
I hope you get to meet them all one day, too! They are such great people- I feel lucky to have connceted with them in life.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DWGal210 View Post
How fun that you got to hang out with Stephen and his son! Very cool that you've all kept in touch.

Can't wait to hear all about Napa Rose!
Coming soon! I have been especially hard hit with baseball lately-

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
Plaza Inn - another restaurant that's going on my bucket lit. How cute! And the chicken looks pretty yummy, too!

Yeah Pods looks like he can hardly contain himself. on Space Mountain.

Edited to say: How fun that you met up with one of your old friends.
yea- what is with Pods, anyway??? It must have been on that ride that he started to realize how much money we were hemorraging in Cali...

Quote:
Originally Posted by franandaj View Post
While we're talking about the Plaza Inn, I also remember that when it reopened (after a major refurb and menu change), we got to tour the kitchens. Unless something major changed, the chicken is actually not fried, but baked using a cutting edge process for the late 1990s. It used some sort of convection technique to give it that fried texture, without actually adding the fat calories of frying in oil.

It's not FRIED???? OMG- I wish we would have had this little conversation a while ago!

What is an Alex and Ani bracelet? I look at the jewelry counter in every store (Main Street, Elias and Co and WoD) when I go and I have four trips scheduled this month. I am laughing right now, because I first typed two trips (both DISmeets) and then I remembered a third and went back and erased that, then I remembered the fourth! Life is good when you live this close to the park! I would be happy to pick on up for you if I can find it.

They are the skinny metal bracelets with the charms hanging off- http://www.disneystore.com/jewelry-a...11151/1000295/

BUT....it's in stock on the website so don't worry about it! I can order one now- thanks Darlin'! You and Fran must have brought me online shopping luck-

Nice that you got to reconnect with an old friend!
And some newer ones-
Old 07-08-2014, 02:34 PM   #750
podsnel

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizneeat View Post
All caught up again, Ellen!
Sorry for falling behind. Trying to stay with you for now as I am on vacation - finally! But then we are leaving for our summer vacation in less than 3 weeks.
Karin!! Don't you EVER apologize to me for falling behind! I am the Queen of falling behind! Both in writing AND reading. I was just looking at your tickers- your 1st Med cruise in all these trips? This one must seem like a bargain!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pillow View Post
What a cute story, and I love the 80's pic! Tell Pods he has aged well. He looks almost exactly the same. Man, I hate it when men do that!!

Jodie
I will tell him Jodie- that is so sweet- I ama lucky girl! And yea- OMG- SOOOOOO totally 80's that pic- mullets and ALL!

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottny View Post
I lived in Burbank and Glendale back in 95-96. Hated it and moved back east.
I love Surf City. We had a house in North beach.
It is nice to catch up with old friends in person.
Really?! That's very interesting about moving out and moving back- you may be the only one I know! You and Kramer!

Where in North Beach- well, that's probably a hard question to answer- all the streets are kind of the same, all residential. I was just in North Beach a couple of weekends ago! Still beautiful and quiet as I am sure it was when you were there-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Oblivious View Post
Just a few weeks now, right? We leave in less than 2 weeks.

Yep! About a month away from Alaska for me -

You're going to have to keep reminding us about meeting up with you--our brains are going to be so fried when we get back I wouldn't be shocked if we forget everything! So keep bugging us!
I did and i will!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib View Post
Both Pods and Stephen have a little less hair these days.

LOL!!! Definitely!!!

How nice to be able to visit with him again though.
It was- he never comes home either- so I was so glad to spend so much time with him. He is an awesome Dad- so nice to see.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: