Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-27-2014, 08:18 AM   #721
Flossbolna
Sea days are just so relaxing!
Once you are as old as I am, you will understand!

I am not sure I have posted on your TR yet, but I have been lurking around now and then! Since San Francisico and Yosemite were part of my first ever visit to the US in the 80s, I really loved reading about this. And now Disneyland is great to compare with my recent visit there!

I am not sure if someone already mentioned it, but I once heard that the GCH once had refillable mugs, but they quickly discontinued it as it was overused by the locals who would bring their mug every weekend for free drinks... Of course with the new system they have now at WDW that would no longer be a problem. But I wonder how many guests stay long enough at the hotels that they feel that this would be a good deal, I can imagine a lot of people only stay one to three nights.
Disneyland 1992, 2005 Disneyland Paris 1995, 1997, 2003, 2007, 2011, 2x2012, 2014 Walt Disney World 2004 POR, 2007 AKL, 2008 AKL, 2009 Poly, 2010 AKL, 2011 BWV, May 2013 AKV Jambo Disney Cruise Line 2013 Wonder, 2014 Wonder
Trip Reports: 2013 TR DCL and WDW 2011 TR 2010 TR 2010 PTR Dining Reviews: 2009 2008 2007
New Trip Report: If You See It: Eat It! Ė Via Panama to Disneyland

Flossbolna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2014, 09:00 AM   #722
dvc4life
Disney is my Happy Place

What a bunch of fantastic updates! You really should write for Disney promoting how much fun the parks are and what all there is to do. You just make me feel like I am there with you.

Great job!
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-27-2014, 10:27 AM   #723
podsnel
just skippin' around, amusing myself...

We were walkin right down the middle of Main St USA....

Headed for lunch at

And while it reminds you of the Plaza restaurant in WDW, it is an entirely different affair. Here, it is kind of counter service, but nicer, and their specialty is fried chicken.

As you can see, it was packed, lol!

We sat down at a nice table by the window.

Pods and I were sharing-

And the boys each had their own. Pods also grabbed a salad-

No complaints! YUMMMMM.... who doesn't love fried chicken?

Very pretty-

Kind of like the Plaza and the Crystal Palace had a baby!

Tyler wanted some dessert-

We still had more to ride! But not this today- it was still closed for Refurb-

We were going on-

I had built it up pretty big from the night before, I hope they were going to love it as much as me!

They did! Although, pretty hard to tell from this pic! Calm down already, Pods!

Next up-

Where the guns come off the machine- WOW, does that make a difference when you aim! I won, and Pods was the -

LOSERRRRRRRR!!!!!!

Cont'd next post-
podsnel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2014, 10:28 AM   #724
podsnel

After DL, we had to go back to the hotel- our friend Stephen, and his son were coming to visit- our plan was to hang for a while at the pool (they were staying at a good-neighbor hotel). Out of DL, you walk back through-

Which is an incredibly convenient and wonderful thing! After our visit with our old friend tonight, Pods and I were going to-

So we had some time constraints. Back to the villa, this was outside the elevator on our floor-

Up next- a little swimming with our old friend from the beach.....

Old 06-27-2014, 10:45 AM   #725
podsnel

Quote:
Originally Posted by franandaj View Post
You guys got on a lot of rides in a short period of time. That's what I love about going midweek. By the weekend, it gets pretty crazy! Love the DCA Soarin' queue compared to WDW's, so much more interesting! You're right ToT is definitely one ride where the WDW version is better, but there aren't a lot of rides that bear that distinction.

Oh- BIG difference between DL on this day and DL on Saturday!! And you are correct- not a lot of rides where the WDW version tops the DL one- it's so true!

Hey- her skills are impressive!!

"have" We're still moving/building the cabinets to put it all in!

Well, it will be amazing when you do!

As if we didn't already have enough.

LOL

Right, I guess I've really only seen them in a restaurant environment and not in their "natural habitat".

That makes a huge difference with kids- at least, the well behaved ones!

I'm not Ellen, but they are two totally different coasters. Since Screamin' is outside you don't get the surprise of where you are going feel, it also covers a lot more land space than RnRC. There are lots of long sloping drops and there is only one upside down loop. It's right in the middle as opposed to the beginning. It's modeled after the seaside wooden roller coasters that used to be in parks up and down the California Coast. That said, it's my favorite coaster at the CA parks, SM is a close second and BTMRR is also close and up there, especially with the cool refurb.
Which was going on while we were there- so another reason to come back!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pillow View Post
Hi there. We're on the 7/6/15 cruise, so I'll be doing exactly what you're doing soon. I haven't decided about the Pan Pacific (although thats a great price you found - maybe cause its before July 1 and rates are lower). I might want to be closer to Stanley Park. The more I read about it, the more I think I could just pitch a tent and live there! I'm looking at the Lord Stanley hotel, but it gets mixed reviews. Sorry Ellen . . . hijacking your thread.

No problem- we chose the Pan Pacific because it has luggage check-in for the cruise- and no need for a taxi that morning. We can leave our carry-ons with Bell Services in the morning, check our luggage through to the cruise, go ouyt and DO something, then come back and grab our carry ons and stroll over to the port. It's a mile away from Stanley Park- not really all that much...

Disneyland sure has changed a lot since we were there in 2006. We obviously need to go back!

Me too!!

Love Timmy's smile!

Jodie
Me too again!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linda67 View Post
Argh, your pictures are making me want to go back to DL so bad!
Very cool that your midweek lines were so short and it looks like you had great weather :-)
The weather was gorgeous- so were the lines that day!! I know how you feel about wanting to go back to DL looking at the pics- I feel the same way as I am writing all of this....
Old 06-27-2014, 10:54 AM   #726
pillow
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvc4life View Post
What a bunch of fantastic updates! You really should write for Disney promoting how much fun the parks are and what all there is to do. You just make me feel like I am there with you.

Great job!
You really could write travel books. With your sense of humor, they would be a hoot to read! I think you should start on that in your spare time.

Jodie
pillow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2014, 11:56 AM   #727
DWGal210
DIS Veteran

What a great Disneyland morning! How nice to be right there and walk into the parks. Just incredible!

The lunch looked yummy! I am not a huge fried chicken fan but I have to admit that looks very good!
Old 06-27-2014, 08:40 PM   #728
MAGICFOR2
DIS Veteran

Great morning! Plaza and CP had a baby good one. It is pretty cool how both parks and DTD are right outside your room! AND the secret entrance to CA rocks! I love how most things in DLR are kind of the same as WDW, but just enough different to give its own charm!
MAGICFOR2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2014, 11:52 PM   #729
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

I am loving all the updates.
I just finished writing my DL report (literally like 5 minutes ago, but I haven't posted it yet) and it is bringing back more memories and how exciting the first day is.
I love how calm your boys look on the rides. As you have seen, I look like an idiot in all my ride photos.
jenseib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2014, 11:48 AM   #730
rentayenta

There's never enough vacation time
I'm always thinking about it
I can't imagine being in it alone

Love this update! Plaza Inn fried chicken is my favorite meal in all of the Disney parks.

And yes, next time, because there will be a next time. I just know our families would have a blast together.

I am getting my Disneyland fix through your report.

You light 'em, they fight 'em. A DVC/Disneyland Resort PTR
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?...1#post51407145
You bet your aft we had a good time: a Disney Wonder trip report
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3260751

rentayenta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2014, 07:42 PM   #731
Beth D
DIS Veteran

Holy updates batgirl! Miss a few weeks, miss a ton!

Love the trees! I'm glad Timmy sucked it up! You gotta do what you gotta do to keep everyone moving!

Glad to see the boys wearing another team besides those awful Yankees! (Ducks) Love visiting other parks!

WOW! Fran, i'd love to go shopping with you one day to help you spend! I love spending other peoples money!
Old 07-01-2014, 10:23 PM   #732
englishrose47
DIS Veteran

Great Update Ellen !!! The fried chicken looked goooood !!Funny seeing The Plaza as a counter service , but a little fancier with real plates !! Not unless they were very posh paper oneI agree about writing a book , but ITSK would need to be the Co Author
[/B][/URL]
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3051652Where will Rosie Roam in 2013
[
[http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post50321302 Rosie Roamings in 2014
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3212398 Belly Dancing and Bus Mojo The Grannie Trip

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3278536 Let's Meet in the Dump Shop
englishrose47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2014, 11:35 PM   #733
franandaj

Sharing adventures and good times
My heart is forever given to Fran

I'm so glad you got to eat the Fried Chicken at the Plaza Inn. That was Walt's favorite restaurant and fried chicken was one of his favorite foods. That's why it's on the menu. It's one of my favorites too. We get the chicken and the Cobb Salad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beth D View Post
WOW! Fran, i'd love to go shopping with you one day to help you spend! I love spending other peoples money!
She loves spending other people's money too. if you want to place any orders, she'll be happy to pick up something at the park and ship it to you, she's your gal.
Alison ~~~~ She said it wouldn't be Boring! | Our Disney Dream Home|Sleepy and Grumpy Visit Tatooine |Keep Your Eyes on the Road | I do get to go to WDW this year! | Expo 2013 | ...It's How You Play the Game | We need a little Magic... | TR - Pinch me... | Destination D-75 TR | It'll be a WONDER ... | Cheating on Mickey w/ Harry, PTR | D23 Expo 2011 TR | D23 D40 WDW in Detail | DCA F&W Review | Jan 2010 DR Visits 2015: VGC, VWL, DCL 2014: VGC, CSR, VGF, DCL 2013: VWL, BCV, DCL, AKL, BLT, VGC, 2012: VGC, DCL, 2011: VGC, BLT, OKW 2010: THV, AKV, VGC, 2009: BWV 2008: SSR, 2007: AKL & GF, 2001: AKL, BC & DCL 1997: DXL & WL 1993: GF, DL Too many to count since 1973!

franandaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2014, 04:10 PM   #734
Captain_Oblivious
DIS Dad #257
Don't underestimate your audience. I'm sure there's a fart joke in here somewhere

You guys certainly looked like you were having a blast! I'm eager to try out Space Mountain there now. And I might have to finagle some fried chicken too.
Captain_Oblivious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2014, 09:40 PM   #735
scottny
You better have crackers
I heard of light reading, never wet reading
I still won't go in the ocean because of

Those trees are gorgeous. I have to get out there and see them.
In n Out Burgers is all I miss from living in L.A.
OOH! Walmart. Love stopping there. LOL.
Yeah youíre at DLR.
Nice pool.
That is a nice room you got and what a view.
What a nice dinner with nice ladies.
I love all the art.
She did buy a lot. I think the CM didnít want her pic taken. LOl.
Sounds like a great first night there.
Beautiful pics of CA.
I was thinking the Plaza and Crystal Palace looked similar. Very nice place and the chicken looked good.
If you like SM there you should try it in Paris. Ooh boy!
All caught up again.
scottny is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: