Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-22-2014, 11:40 AM   #526
kid-at-heart
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by podsnel View Post

This campsite was so pretty, it made me wish I liked camping! They had a lot of things going on here, too- very family oriented.

I love campgrounds. I like to hike around campgrounds. I do not like to camp. I do not like sleeping on the ground, using outdoor toilets, cooking over a campfire and trying to clean dishes/me during camping. I like to camp in a cabin with running water, doors that lock and an attached toilet that flushes. I like to camp at Disney’s Wilderness Lodge, in a one bedroom villa please.

Something was just not right with Timmy.

He was sick. Sore throat, body aches, just not "feeling" very Timmy-ish.

Poor Timmy, I hope he felt better quickly.

The stairs I thought were so beautiful- that I was sadly now afraid to go all the way up- all because of coming down.

Sometimes, when coming down stairs, I experience vertigo so I am afraid I also would have chickened out of climbing the stairs. Going up is one thing, coming down another.

Glad you are back on this TR. You are making me wish we were headed out west this summer instead of heading south.

kid-at-heart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 11:41 AM   #527
podsnel
just skippin' around, amusing myself...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedijill View Post
Dinner looked amazing! It's making me hungry!

Foreshadowing!

Jill in CO
I am replying on this ridiculous app and can't multi-quote! Is there another way?

That dinner did look good! Lol- oh yea, that's right, it actually WAS!
podsnel is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-22-2014, 11:43 AM   #528
podsnel

Quote:
Originally Posted by pillow View Post
The dining room is beautiful! But HOLY COW, those prices. I hope the food was REALLLLLLYYY good! Keep it coming . . .

Jodie
It was totally worth it- not often you get to have a fabulous meal in such a historic place.
Old 04-22-2014, 11:44 AM   #529
podsnel

Quote:
Originally Posted by saintstickets View Post
Great update and that dinner looks fantastic! I'm starving now! I guess I'll have to take DW out to dinner tonight now...wait...that was the plan, wasn't it? Have you two been conspiring?!?!
Jinkies! You caught us! I hope it was good, lol-
Old 04-22-2014, 11:45 AM   #530
podsnel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wicket's Mom View Post
Splurging is wonderful once in awhile. Great looking meal, especially the meat, swordfish ain't too hateful either.

In Williamsburg we stayed in the Houses & Taverns. You stay in one of the old houses on a back street or the Main Street. It's wonderful, but not as posh as the Williamsburg Lodge. One has to consider the fact these are the actual 200 or more years old buildings, so may not have all the amenities. The atmosphere is just incredible, especially if one loves history.
It sounds very interesting! I just booked a family at Kings Mill for their summer vacation- it looks really nice!
Old 04-22-2014, 11:48 AM   #531
podsnel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linda67 View Post
Oh your dinner looks wonderful,
I love the family shot of you all together
I can't for the life of me remember what we ate there but I do remember it being a fabulous meal and the atmosphere in that dining room can't be topped!
Beautiful photos by the way and I love that you are including some great links to further info - above and beyond the DIS Trip Reporting duty but very welcome !!
Thanks for the compliment! Funny, looking at that pic, Timmy and Tyler both already look sooooo much older! I am so glad we chose to have dinner here- it was an extremely memorable evening.

Glad you like the links!
Old 04-22-2014, 11:49 AM   #532
podsnel

Quote:
Originally Posted by englishrose47 View Post
Ellen the food looked amazing !Yorkshire pudding Yummy !!! I havn't made iti n a while !!!Don't you just LOVE turn down service !!!
Yes, I do love turndown service! It feels like you are being tucked in at night- and makes the bed look even MORE inviting after a long day.
Old 04-22-2014, 11:52 AM   #533
jedijill
Chiefs fan living in Bronco country

Ellen,

Your pictures are stunning! Hope Timmy felt better.

Jill in CO
Old 04-22-2014, 12:10 PM   #534
podsnel

Quote:
Originally Posted by kid-at-heart View Post
Years ago we went to Yellowstone and stayed in the Old Faithful Inn. We made sure to go while Sarah still qualified for "child" rates at the buffets, because even the buffets were EXPENSIVE. We figured with what we were saving with her "child rate" we could splurge and eat at the nicer places. Sarah has always eaten adult foods so when eating out we needed to either pay for an adult meal or find decent buffets where she could choose the duck, squid, etc. (No mac and cheese/grill cheese/kid food for her taste buds.) Now we justify eating at or visiting special, expensive places by saying, we are creating memories. And memories are worth paying the price. Sometimes.

kate
Ok- so I totally missed your post and your ticker is long gone, but I know you had fun in WDW at AKV, right?

So funny about Sarah and her foodie tastes- have I told you I am an only child, too? Cant't remember.....anyway, I was just like Sarah, ate all kinds of adult foods when I was a kid. Absolutely despised spaghettios and chef boyardee, would not touch it or PB&J. Completely humiliated my parents when, at the age of 7, I ordered the Maine lobster for dinner when my Great Aunt & Uncle were treating ( they laughed it off- they fortunately could afford it and thought it was awesome I could crack my own lobster at 7- but I had been doing that since I was 5). So...yea- good for Sarah! I know where she's coming from!
Old 04-22-2014, 12:12 PM   #535
podsnel

Quote:
Originally Posted by rentayenta View Post
Dinner looked amazing. I love lamb chops! Yummy cocktail but what's with the hardware?

That's a gorgeous dining room too.
The hardware is for if you feel like mountain climbing after one or two of those drinks have convinced you to mountaineer up- lol- maybe I should have brought it with me to the steps-
Old 04-22-2014, 12:13 PM   #536
podsnel

Quote:
Originally Posted by franandaj View Post
That looks like a wonderful meal, and while the prices were expensive, I'm sorry to say that we see prices like that sort of a lot. Not really often, but nice places demand nice prices. I would have been all over that Prime Rib, Swordfish (sans olive tapenade), the apps looked GREAT! Sign me up. We need to make our reservation for next May!
Are you going? Wait- next May or this May?
Old 04-22-2014, 12:13 PM   #537
podsnel

Quote:
Originally Posted by DWGal210 View Post
Your pictures of Yosemite and the hotel are just breathtaking! What a gorgeous place!! I really need to make it out to the national parks in the next few years.

(11 Days - CANNOT WAIT!! )
I had so much fun with you Katie- I hope we can room together again sometime-
Old 04-22-2014, 12:19 PM   #538
podsnel

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottny View Post
That dining room is gorgeous.
The drink looked even better. LOL
WOW! Those prices. Did you come to NYC for dinner? LOL
Nice gift. Looks like it was wonderful meal.
Hmm, I sense trouble coming up.
Great update and pics.
Hey there neighbor!

Yea, prices were high- you gotta figure with all that food being hauled in from who knows where, plus the fact of being the only really nice place for a hundred miles, they can kinda do what they want!
Old 04-22-2014, 12:20 PM   #539
podsnel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beth D View Post
Ellen, those are great photos! That lodge and that food look amazing. I can't wait to hear about the shower. You've got lots of teasing and foreshadowing in your update!

Where are you going in a couple weeks?
Yes well, the shower story is not over yet-

I went to WDW AEP (agent Education Program for Travel agents) but I am sure you already knew that!
Old 04-22-2014, 12:24 PM   #540
franandaj

Sharing adventures and good times
My heart is forever given to Fran

I'm glad to see you're back on this TR! Very beautiful pictures from the hike. But for the amount you're payong a night that shower handle should have been fixed!

Quote:
Originally Posted by podsnel View Post
Are you going? Wait- next May or this May?
Well now a May trip is out of the question. We booked a B2B out of San Diego the 15-20 next May, and we have WDW and the Dream in mid April so maybe early June before the schools get out.

We leave in 10 days for our SW road trip. This will be an adventure!
Alison ~~~~ Sleepy and Grumpy Visit Tatooine | Our Disney Dream Home|Keep Your Eyes on the Road | I do get to go to WDW this year! | Expo 2013 | ...It's How You Play the Game | We need a little Magic... | TR - Pinch me... | Destination D-75 TR | It'll be a WONDER ... | Cheating on Mickey w/ Harry, PTR | D23 Expo 2011 TR | D23 D40 WDW in Detail | DCA F&W Review | Jan 2010 DR Visits 2015: VGC, VWL, DCL 2014: VGC, CSR, VGF, DCL 2013: VWL, BCV, DCL, AKL, BLT, VGC, 2012: VGC, DCL, 2011: VGC, BLT, OKW 2010: THV, AKV, VGC, 2009: BWV 2008: SSR, 2007: AKL & GF, 2001: AKL, BC & DCL 1997: DXL & WL 1993: GF, DL Too many to count since 1973!

franandaj is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: