Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-01-2014, 02:54 PM   #511
kid-at-heart
DIS Veteran

I gotta say it, LOOK AT MY TICKETER. Actually it is off by one day. I am sitting in the DTW airport right now. I am on the way to AKL-Jambo for a me, myself and I mini-vacation.

Now to back up and read what's been happening with your trip.

Kate

kid-at-heart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2014, 03:16 PM   #512
kid-at-heart
DIS Veteran

Years ago we went to Yellowstone and stayed in the Old Faithful Inn. We made sure to go while Sarah still qualified for "child" rates at the buffets, because even the buffets were EXPENSIVE. We figured with what we were saving with her "child rate" we could splurge and eat at the nicer places. Sarah has always eaten adult foods so when eating out we needed to either pay for an adult meal or find decent buffets where she could choose the duck, squid, etc. (No mac and cheese/grill cheese/kid food for her taste buds.) Now we justify eating at or visiting special, expensive places by saying, we are creating memories. And memories are worth paying the price. Sometimes.

kate

kid-at-heart is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-01-2014, 04:42 PM   #513
rentayenta

There's never enough vacation time
I'm always thinking about it
I can't imagine being in it alone

Dinner looked amazing. I love lamb chops! Yummy cocktail but what's with the hardware?

That's a gorgeous dining room too.

You light 'em, they fight 'em. A DVC/Disneyland Resort PTR
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?...1#post51407145
You bet your aft we had a good time: a Disney Wonder trip report
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3260751

rentayenta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2014, 11:16 PM   #514
franandaj

Sharing adventures and good times
My heart is forever given to Fran

That looks like a wonderful meal, and while the prices were expensive, I'm sorry to say that we see prices like that sort of a lot. Not really often, but nice places demand nice prices. I would have been all over that Prime Rib, Swordfish (sans olive tapenade), the apps looked GREAT! Sign me up. We need to make our reservation for next May!
Alison ~~~~ She said it wouldn't be Boring! | Our Disney Dream Home|Sleepy and Grumpy Visit Tatooine |Keep Your Eyes on the Road | I do get to go to WDW this year! | Expo 2013 | ...It's How You Play the Game | We need a little Magic... | TR - Pinch me... | Destination D-75 TR | It'll be a WONDER ... | Cheating on Mickey w/ Harry, PTR | D23 Expo 2011 TR | D23 D40 WDW in Detail | DCA F&W Review | Jan 2010 DR Visits 2015: VGC, VWL, DCL 2014: VGC, CSR, VGF, DCL 2013: VWL, BCV, DCL, AKL, BLT, VGC, 2012: VGC, DCL, 2011: VGC, BLT, OKW 2010: THV, AKV, VGC, 2009: BWV 2008: SSR, 2007: AKL & GF, 2001: AKL, BC & DCL 1997: DXL & WL 1993: GF, DL Too many to count since 1973!

franandaj is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 10:24 PM   #515
CRdisMom
DIS Veteran

yummy yummy yummy!!!

CRdisMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 02:27 PM   #516
DWGal210
DIS Veteran

Your pictures of Yosemite and the hotel are just breathtaking! What a gorgeous place!! I really need to make it out to the national parks in the next few years.

(11 Days - CANNOT WAIT!! )
Old 03-05-2014, 11:47 PM   #517
scottny
You better have crackers
I heard of light reading, never wet reading
I still won't go in the ocean because of

That dining room is gorgeous.
The drink looked even better. LOL
WOW! Those prices. Did you come to NYC for dinner? LOL
Nice gift. Looks like it was wonderful meal.
Hmm, I sense trouble coming up.
Great update and pics.
scottny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 07:31 PM   #518
Beth D
DIS Veteran

Ellen, those are great photos! That lodge and that food look amazing. I can't wait to hear about the shower. You've got lots of teasing and foreshadowing in your update!

Where are you going in a couple weeks?
Old 03-06-2014, 10:27 PM   #519
RGirl
DIS Veteran

Wow - the dining room is BEAUTIFUL! All of your food looked really tasty too - I would have ordered the steelhead as well; I'm a big fan of it.

Uh oh - sounds like the hike may not have gone so well…...
RGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 11:19 PM   #520
MAGICFOR2
DIS Veteran

Wow! Looks like a fabulous dinner! Quite a list of celebs - I guess that makes it even more special! I'm about what's coming next.
MAGICFOR2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 09:23 AM   #521
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

YUM!!!! That dinner looks great and I am still amazed at the views you have there. It's such a beautiful place!
jenseib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 11:41 AM   #522
podsnel
just skippin' around, amusing myself...

Hello there! I know I have been neglecting you all over here, focusing on the NYE Fantasy cruise TR lately- but I will do my best to get some updates going because you have been asking, and I should be finishing before our next summer vacation begins, lol-

We woke up to another sun soaked, hot and beautiful day in the Yosemite Valley-

Tyler got in the shower (because you always shower BEFORE your hike, right??? So does tyler) and got out pretty quick- that crazy handle came off right in his hand! OOPS!!! I know it's an old hotel, but a working shower is something I rate right up there with- umm, I guess having a bed! Anyway, we called maintenance, and they said they would be by to fix it that day. So we hustled our dirty selves outside and onto the shuttle, over to Curry Village, the popular campground in the Valley, to have some breakfast in their cafeteria before tackling today's hike- the Mist trail. The Mist Trail begins right next to this campsite, so it seemed like the perfect choice.

This campsite was so pretty, it made me wish I liked camping! They had a lot of things going on here, too- very family oriented. This books up FAST- solid, a year and a day in advance at times, so if this is what you want- please plan ahead.

We were all looking forward to this hike- all except our youngest and tallest, that is. Which seemed incredibly odd, given his preference for standing on the edge of some mighty high climbs while terrifying his Mom.

Something was just not right with Timmy.

He was sick. Sore throat, body aches, just not "feeling" very Timmy-ish.

We tried to entice him with some french toast, sausage and scrambled eggs-

ANd he ate-

And then said he was going back to bed.

SO so sad, but what are you going to do? We asked him if he wanted me to go with him, and he said he knew where to get the shuttle, he would be fine, and...off he went. I was so bummed- I knew Timmy was going to love this hike, it was physically challenging and offered plenty of opportunities to scare the CRAP out of me, but, what can you do? He must have felt pretty awful if he chose bed over this.

We walked over to the trail head which is at a place called Happy Isles-

Ummm...no thanks, but my crazy friend Steven did on the same day he also hiked up to Glacier Point and SAT OUT ON THE POINT to contemplate his impending nuptials (he should have spent more time contemplating and less time hiking that day- she was/is a lunatic and they had a horrible divorce). Oh! And Cynthia did, too! If you would like to see what is really involved in that particular hike, have a look at this-

http://www.nps.gov/yose/planyourvisit/hdvideo.htm

As usual, me and my photography problem were not keeping up-

Look at Tyler up there- he was like come ON old woman! Enough!

Looking back-

Cont'd next post-

podsnel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 11:57 AM   #523
podsnel

We had only hiked up (and I do mean UP) about a mile or so when we got to the stairs.

The stairs I thought were so beautiful- that I was sadly now afraid to go all the way up- all because of coming down.

I usually don't do that- chicken out- and I am SO mad at myself for chickening out this day! UGH! I need to go back!

Pods and tyler continued up, and I went back down- BOO me.

Yikes! Out of pics! Time to upload- see ya later-

Old 04-22-2014, 12:10 PM   #524
podsnel

At least no one was raggin at me for taking pics on my way down, lol-

Not much longer after me, Pods and tyler showed up- they said they made it up to the top of the first fall- and turned around. NOOO!!!! They should have kept going- there is an Emerald pool up there that is supposed to be really beautiful- SO should have gone with them!

Anyway, we grabbed some sandwiches and hot dogs from the stand at Happy Isles-

and headed back to bring Timmy some lunch, and see how our youngest was feeling.

I had signed up for the tour of the Ahwahnee, and Pods and the boys were going to just hang out...but not shower yet, because there was still no handle on the shower. Hmmmm....

Old 04-22-2014, 12:39 PM   #525
podsnel

Quote:
Originally Posted by rentayenta View Post
Other than turning 45 in a week , maybe...... 29 days!!!! My FE gifts are almost ready and I'm starting to pack. I'm going to Vegas with Joshua for soccer March 14-16. M is traveling a ton. It'll be here before I know it. Any helpful hints, tips? I know you love your cruises!
Yes I love my cruises, and now YOU love yours, too! Addicting, isn't it... Feeling pampered and happy without being run ragged leading the charge on vacation? Lol-

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: