Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-22-2014, 11:17 AM   #481
ProudMommyof2
DIS Veteran

WOW! so incredibly beautiful!! I just love reading your TRs for the great insight and tips. May I ask a question?

Trying to decide btw a trip much like this one vs Hawaii for summer 2015. Which would you do first if you had the option? My big hesitation re: Hawaii is the flight. RI to Florida is the farthest my kids have flown. I am wondering if doing a west coast trip first is smarter?

Thanks for any insight and for taking the time to share your wonderful trips!
Pam

1986 Disneyland, 1988 Disneyland, August 1991- WDW Offsite, May 1997- WDW Offsite, May 2007- Wilderness Lodge, May 2009- BCV & AKV, August 2011- Poly & AKV, April 2013- WBC- Universal & WDW, July 2013 Disney's Hilton Head Island Resort, April 2014- Yacht Club, July 2014 Disney's HHI Resort

ProudMommyof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2014, 03:48 PM   #482
podsnel
just skippin' around, amusing myself...

Quote:
Originally Posted by pillow View Post
I am thoroughly enjoying your TRs - both this one and the New Years Fantasy TR. Keep it coming!!

Jodie
Thanks Jodie! I love writing them-love reliving the trips-really it's alot of fun writing TRs (must be- I would not have written so many if it weren't!).

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProudMommyof2 View Post
WOW! so incredibly beautiful!! I just love reading your TRs for the great insight and tips. May I ask a question?

Thank you and of course!

Trying to decide btw a trip much like this one vs Hawaii for summer 2015. Which would you do first if you had the option? My big hesitation re: Hawaii is the flight. RI to Florida is the farthest my kids have flown. I am wondering if doing a west coast trip first is smarter?

Thanks for any insight and for taking the time to share your wonderful trips!
Pam
Hawaii is hands down my favorite place on earth. When we went (the summer before this one) it was the furthest my kids had ever flown, too. Still is! But the flight was direct to HNL, it took 10 1/2 hours, and it REALLY was not bad at all- I guess when you are mentally prepared that you will be in the plane for the day you are more comfortable with it. We were lucky enough to be able to use miles for that trip, but we did upgrade to Premium seats for extra $$- so we had lots of legroom, our own tv screens with tons of programming and loads of movies- it REALLY was better than I thought (and my kids would say the same). They played games on their phones, ate some food, watched some movies- really pretty much what they do all the time, except on an airplane instead of downstairs in the dungeon, lol! They would also say they liked the Hawaii trip more than California. BOTH trips were great- but Hawaii is...Hawaii! It is pure paradise. Especially Kauai- and Maui (which we went to on our honeymoon). If the flying thing is the only thing holding you back, I would just go for it- really not THAT much farther!

I hope you will let me know what you decide! Clearly- we would do either vacation again- BOTH are EXCELLENT for families, I think.
podsnel is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-22-2014, 03:59 PM   #483
englishrose47
DIS Veteran

The views are breathtaking !! Afternoon Tea as welll Oh my we are getting fancy !!!
[/B][/URL]
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3051652Where will Rosie Roam in 2013
[
[http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post50321302 Rosie Roamings in 2014
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3212398 Belly Dancing and Bus Mojo The Grannie Trip

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3278536 Let's Meet in the Dump Shop
englishrose47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2014, 10:06 PM   #484
RGirl
DIS Veteran

Well, with you flying off on multiple locations, it looks like I managed to forget to come in here and check for updates! Thanks for checking in on my TR!

I love the hotel on the way to Yosemite - places like that are so fun. It feels great to do something a little different from the usual city hotels.

A PAY PHONE?????

The Yosemite pictures are just amazing. The lodge is beautiful too, and the room looks pretty huge. Itís so weird to me to be seeing these kinds of pics on the DIS - itís so West, so home to me.

OMG - the dirty feet pic! You should have posted a warning or something!

I gotta tell you - I am so impressed at how yíall make the most of your vacation. I canít believe all the different things you did (and Iím sure will do in future updates). Donít you ever get tired????
RGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 07:04 AM   #485
chattadisser
Mouseketeer

What an awesome update! I think the hotel looks wonderful...it's smack dab inside one of the most beautiful places on earth! I can't wait to take this trip when my girls are a little older.

I like to think of the dirty feet picture as just an example of an active day!! I tell my girls, if you come home dirty then it means you've been having a good time.

Christine

Last edited by chattadisser; 02-26-2014 at 07:10 AM.
chattadisser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 12:06 PM   #486
eandesmom
I'm with Beast

I love it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Especially the feet. We are Keen fans...I know the look of those feet well on hikes. But they rock.

LOVE the bridge pictures, what a lovely drive in and I think it was worth every and any pennies to stay there. Cute tea.

But I really love...

ranger duck.

So gorgeous, worth all that white knuckle driving for sure. What an experience and kids old enough to remember!
eandesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 02:16 PM   #487
Wicket's Mom
DIS Veteran

I'd so stay at Awanhee, love hotels like that. When in Williamsburg we stayed in the old buildings. For the price they weren't that posh, but to stay where Thomas Jeferson stayed when he attended William & Mary meant so much.

I would love to stay at the lodge at the Grand Canyon, but the wait is so far out.
(url)http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3050319
It Was the Best of Times & the Worst, But It Was the Best Trip Evah!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2811518
Wicket's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 02:29 PM   #488
MAGICFOR2
DIS Veteran

I love the "feel" of this place. Maybe it reminds me of places I've been as a kid. I know the Awahnee isn't glamorous, but I do love the kitchy oldtime feel. Thanks for sharing. Cool that you got to take a tour!
MAGICFOR2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 08:42 PM   #489
rentayenta

There's never enough vacation time
I'm always thinking about it
I can't imagine being in it alone

Jelly.

Beautiful photos. Dirty feet. Lovely hotel. And I agree, you cannot beat the location.

You light 'em, they fight 'em. A DVC/Disneyland Resort PTR
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?...1#post51407145
You bet your aft we had a good time: a Disney Wonder trip report
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3260751

rentayenta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2014, 02:10 AM   #490
pharmjenn
Mouseketeer

I just got caught up on the last 2 months of posts. I missed a lot.
Reading that you stopped at Red Robin on the way out, I thought to myself, that is probably Pleasanton. Then the next photos of the pass over to Stockton and I knew exactly where you were.
Can't wait to hear about your dinner. I have had the weekend brunch a few times, and it is incredible. Never stayed at the Ahwahnee though, we camped or stayed offsite. How incredible.
pharmjenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2014, 07:51 AM   #491
dvc4life
Disney is my Happy Place

That place looks amazing. And one of the last photos reminded me of a Dirty Dancing type resort. People sitting out on the lawn, wandering around, enjoying! What fun.
Old 02-24-2014, 09:18 PM   #492
Shazzasmd
Mouseketeer

Great report. Makes me want to visit California, and stay at The Awahnee!
Old 02-24-2014, 10:49 PM   #493
scottny
You better have crackers
I heard of light reading, never wet reading
I still won't go in the ocean because of

Gorgeous photos from your hike.
The bathroom was very nice.
YIKES! Those feet. LOL
The tour looked so nice.
I am caught up again.
scottny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014, 01:23 AM   #494
dizneeat
DIS Veteran

Hi Ellen!
All caught up here. Your TR brings back so many wonderful memories for us as we toured some of the NPs in the west in the 1990s.
Aug 22 Fantasy/Western Aug 29 Fantasy/Eastern
TR Feb 2014: Did you feel pressured ... TR 2013: Get off the ship ..... Pre TR 2014: DREAMing, some MAGIC and a little bit of Paris! Visit my other TRs/dining reviews here:

dizneeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014, 06:27 PM   #495
pillow
DIS Veteran

I was tickled (my grandma's word) to learn recently that I could DOWNLOAD library books from my local library . . . FREE!! Yippee. I didn't even have to get out of my chair, and I could read all the Jack Reacher books I wanted, and I didn't even have to pay a download charge (I like free. I am cheap). Well . . . I downloaded my first book (yep - Jack Reacher series), and a few days later, I started enjoying reading about my favorite hunky character. One day, I went logged on to my ipad to find that my book had been snatched away from me! It was only a 1 week loan - boo. Now I have to wait until the current reader is finished (I am on the waiting list) before I can finish my book. Unfortunately, I am not a very patient person.

I'm telling you this cause I'd love it if you would HURRY IT UP, WOMAN! I need something to read!!

Jodie
pillow is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: