Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-14-2014, 02:17 PM   #406
podsnel
just skippin' around, amusing myself...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Oblivious View Post
No relation.

A likely story- lol- she was your total opposite- no relation whatsoever, I am sure!

Looks like you both had an amazing anniversary dinner, and I'm so glad it was such a great evening! The atmostphere in the restaurant looked really nice. And we all know how rare it is to get a date night!
Yep! Had a wonderful night out!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGirl View Post
Hi Ellen!

Wow - the ďhappy hourĒ food offerings at your hotel are just phenomenal - really enough for dinner, which is so cool.

It was substantial- very impressive! There is a big school of thought that it is a waste to have all that there, when all the glorious food of San Fran waits below- but my wallet could use a little break in that city!

So jealous that you went to Boulevard! I wish I had been a little more into doing special things for myself when I lived in SF (and was making the big private-law-firm money - what the HECK was I thinking????).

Ummm....I have no idea....must have been too busy working to eat?

Mrs. Snotty Stuck-Up and Oblivious to any other humans Snotterson sounds freakiní awesome though! So glad that the actual restaurant staff were just as they should be - you know, like humans!

Other than the Snottersons, it was a lovely evening!

The cucumber gimlet sounds divine - Iím SO glad you were finally ordering a cocktail again - it had been FAR too long!!!

I KNOW!! It's like i was busy being active with my kids or something stupid like that! SHEESH...

GAH - your meal is killing me!!! So amazing! So special! Someday when I am 100 years old and my child is grownÖ..

Aww...it will happen before you know it...

Ugh - the farmersí market - how amazing! Mmm - the pic of the cowgirl creamery cheese is making me hungryÖ..

Mmm - wafflesÖ.

The ferry building actually just sprang back to life (reopened) when I lived in SF. Pretty sure a lot of this amazing stuff was not even available then. Thinking we may need to spend some serious time there this summer.

Can't wait to see YOUR pics!

OMG! So excited for Yosemite! I was loving SF so much I forgot that there were other destinations!
LMAO! And DL! This is a DISNEY board, remember?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottny View Post
The tour looked like a lot of fun.
Happy Belated Birthday.
The park during the Segway tour was gorgeous.
I can assure you the Parisians we met in Paris were nicer than most Americans I meet but I do hate rude people no matter where they are.
That food looked delicious.
MMM waffles.
All caught up.
Thanks for the birthday wishes! I am very glad to hear Parisians are nice- makes me want to go even more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKSWonder View Post
OMG. All of the food from the Boulevard all the way to the Farmer's Market fare the next day looks AH-mazing!
It was heavenly-

Quote:
Originally Posted by rndmr2 View Post
I just got caught up on your latest updates. You got so many great pictures. Love the Segway tour ones, that did look like a nice tour.

I have friends who just went on this Segway tour and they said it was the highlight of SF for them!

That is a great Farmers market they have there, so many choices.
LOVED it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by franandaj View Post
I hope you have been having an amazing time on your WDW/DCL vacay. I hope the flight cancellations haven't affected you guys and everything clears up before you need to get home. Not sure how long you're gone for! on the weather when you get home. I hear it's not pretty. Well, it's pretty, just not the sort of thing you want to deal with after a fabulous time in warm paradise!

Thanks Alison- We had more of an issue trying to get out to Columbus, Ohio, this past Friday- we arrived 5 hours late- it was the pits!

Quote:
Originally Posted by knewton64 View Post
do some Monkee - kissin while there -

T.T.F.N.
&
Cheers Y'all
There was no kissin, but I DID see a Monkey KING!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiantsNiners11 View Post
I'm jealous!! I wish I could go right now. Thanks for posting your TR! Reading all these reports today has really helped get my disney fix in.
So glad! I will post a link when I start my new one-

Quote:
OOOOhhhh we want to hear about this one too! Although I'm sure the last one was awesome and you have an Alaska trip planned now too! I'm jealous!
I am OUT OF MY MIND excited about Alaska!!! Soooooo happy Tyler finally said YES!!
podsnel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 04:58 PM   #407
G'sMaman
Mouseketeer

Hi Ellen!! Happy New Year! Glad to hear that you had an incredible time on your cruise and made it home safely. Iíve been reading your terrific TR on my iPad so I havenít posted much (hate typing on that screen, but donít love the two wireless keyboards I have for it either). I know Iíve said it a million times, but you really do such a wonderful job on your TR and all the planning that you do. Anyway, I just have to share that your TR came in very handy recently! We had my 19 year old nephew from Ohio visiting us and I was at a loss as to what to do with him. It was a very last minute trip so I was really scrambling. Then I remembered your Segway tour of Golden Gate Park. BTW - Your tip regarding the Goldstar 50% off discount was the best! Iíd never heard of them before and generally donít like the Groupon type discounts (way too many restrictions). Goldstar has the discounts without the hassles. In fact, I use them now all the time for shows like the SF ballet, the theatre and Disney on Ice. I canít believe I was paying full price all these years. But, I digress . . . Back to the Segway. I would never have thought of doing that in a million years, but it was so much fun. Such a neat way to see the park as well! We all had a great time! It will definitely be on our list of things to do when we have friends in town.

Your tour guide in the city also sounded wonderful. Taking you to the Filbert steps?! Now, that really is off the beaten track. I love it up there. If you get the chance, you must rent the Wild Parrots of Telegraph Hill. It is a sweet little documentary about the wild parrots that live there and a man who helps to take care of them. Doesnít sound that interesting, but it really was a great movie.

I also had to comment on your bike ride. It reminded me of when I first started dating my husband and we used to do quite a bit of cycling over the Golden Gate bridge. Remember that road up to Muir Woods? Well, one day he took me up that looong, winding road and I thought I would kill him when we got done (if I didnít die of a heart attack first). Well, we made it up and back down and had an amazing day. He had more confidence in me than I did and took such good care of me on the mountain that I knew he was the one for me. Shortly after that I did my first century ride - all 100 miles! And the best part is that we have been happily married ever since.

Canít wait to read about the rest of your fabulous trip!

G'sMaman is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-14-2014, 05:31 PM   #408
franandaj

Sharing adventures and good times
My heart is forever given to Fran

I'm sorry you got out voted on the Cliff House. It would have been a fabulous meal. We've eaten there and I can highly recommend it!

The B&B looks great. I have to figure out how to get us to stay there and how to work it into a trip!
Alison ~~~~ Sleepy and Grumpy Visit Tatooine | Our Disney Dream Home|Keep Your Eyes on the Road | I do get to go to WDW this year! | Expo 2013 | ...It's How You Play the Game | We need a little Magic... | TR - Pinch me... | Destination D-75 TR | It'll be a WONDER ... | Cheating on Mickey w/ Harry, PTR | D23 Expo 2011 TR | D23 D40 WDW in Detail | DCA F&W Review | Jan 2010 DR Visits 2015: VGC, VWL, DCL 2014: VGC, CSR, VGF, DCL 2013: VWL, BCV, DCL, AKL, BLT, VGC, 2012: VGC, DCL, 2011: VGC, BLT, OKW 2010: THV, AKV, VGC, 2009: BWV 2008: SSR, 2007: AKL & GF, 2001: AKL, BC & DCL 1997: DXL & WL 1993: GF, DL Too many to count since 1973!

franandaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 06:29 PM   #409
Beth D
DIS Veteran

Welcome back EL!

Great posts! I was worried when I heard about the fire and knew you were heading that way. That drive looks intense, but I think I would have liked it! It's too bad Kara had a tough time of it. We once had to drive from Detroit to Windsor Canada, and one person in the car feared bridges, and another was scared of tunnels! One had to suffer going over, and the other had to suffer coming back!

No, never too many pictures, especially when they are as stellar as the ones you are taking! That fella at the bar sounds like a trip!

I about choked when I saw the pic from your NYE cruise. Cant wait to read that TR!

Stuck in Columbus OH, You were only about 2 hours away! Unfortunately that airport is so small that I'm sure it's not fun. At least when I got delayed in TX in November, I was in Houston Bush Int'l. Lots of shopping and people watching to do!
Old 01-14-2014, 07:20 PM   #410
MEK
DIS Veteran

Yay for an update!

That morning hike looks lovely. I can see why it was so hard to leave.

The drive - hmmmmm - I would definitely need to let Denny handle that while I am white knuckling it the entire way. Let me guess - your kids probably slept the whole time.

The inn looks adorable as does the saloon. What a perfect way to end the day. Dinner looks super yummy!

Can't wait to see Yosemite.

And, yes, I need help planning. I think I am going to visit next winter - the last week of February or the beginning of March. I hope its not too cold.

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
MEK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 07:53 PM   #411
podsnel

Quote:
Originally Posted by eandesmom View Post
I'm glad you didn't have horrid delays, some folks had some nightmares!

Yes we were very lucky- how did you do?

send out a bat signal when you get it started pretty please
I will- promise! I am subbed to yours, hope to stop in tonight-

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAGICFOR2 View Post
Welcome Home, Ellen! Try to stay warm and I look forward to your TR!
Thanks Tammie, me too! I need to upload pics- it's been a busy month- we went to Ohio this weekend to visit family- my SIL, Mariana, has glioblastoma (brain cancer) and we really wanted to visit her- then I am going to Mexico next Thursday for 5 days- THEN...I will be Home for February, so LOTS of writing then!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGirl View Post
Welcome back!
Thank you Roni! I need to catch up on your TR! I did read the Alaska one in-between, tho- I am SO EXCITED for this summer!!!!!!
Old 01-14-2014, 08:12 PM   #412
Wicket's Mom
DIS Veteran

Love the saloon, so very cool. Of course the tramp stamp is epic! It's so much fun going to local places & getting acquainted with the locals. We do that all the time when we travel.

I really do miss Kara & her entertaining trip reports.

We will be heading westward in September instead of a Disney trip. Don't know if I will be able stand missing a year at WDW.
(url)http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3050319
It Was the Best of Times & the Worst, But It Was the Best Trip Evah!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2811518
Wicket's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 10:57 PM   #413
eandesmom
I'm with Beast

I have always wanted to try Cliff House! Maybe this summer if we do the road trip Jeff wants.

Oh I would NOT like that drive in but what a lovely reward at the hotel and saloon. Your dinner looks fabulous, love to see a meal and service like that in that kind of location, how fun.

Pretty sky....but not for the right reasons. So did you guys get stuck if the 120 was closed????
eandesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 05:57 AM   #414
knewton64
If it is "5 o'clock somewhere," does that mean it can be 5 o'clock anywhere and all the time?

Smile ** AND SO WHEN I WaS OVER IN SAUCY SAUSALITO THE OTHER DAY.... **

.....I just 'had to go there' and tell the Tour Guide the story about your bicycle "issues" while biking the GG Bridge area......

SO anywho -
She told me the story about how condensation always plays heck with the NON-SAN FRAN side of the bridge so better to bike on the San Fran side..... (plus ya can get better pics that way) -

Ok...learned something new PLUS I Swear the tour guide was laughing WITH YOU after I told her what happened with your trek over the GG bridge!!

P.S..........luved SF sooooo much I am thinking about a return trip to the area Dec '15.
and when I do.....YES! A bike ride Z n store 4 me.

its either that or SYMG.com.....thinking about their 8 day trek......
(Sept '15) -

Can't wait to hear about yer cruise -

T.T.F.N.
&
Cheers Y'all
My "IT'S 5 O'CLOCK SOMEWHERE N KEY WEST, COZUMEL & G CAYMAN DCL TRIP REPORT; JAN'12 (w/pics & video)http://www.disboards.com/showthread....3&referrerid=0
MY "ADVENTURES N NEW YORK CITY" TRIP REPORT; SEPT '12 (w/pics & video)http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1&referrerid=0
MY "ADVENTURES N SAN FRAN, ROSE BOWL, ROSE BOWL PARADE & COASTAL CALIFORNIA" TRIP REPORT (w/pics & video)- DEC '13
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....7&referrerid=0
MY "ADVENTURES N ENGLAND, SCOTLAND & WALES" TRIP REPORT - August '14 (w/pics & video)
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....errerid=208040
MY "ADVENTURES N DISNEYLAND, CATALINA ISLAND & OTHER ASSORTED SO CAL STUFF" PRE-TRIPPY REPORT; CHRISTMAS / NYE 2014
MY "ADVENTURES N WALT DISNEY WORLD & NASSAU BAHAMAS OVeR CHRISTMAS /NYE 2015" PRE-TRIPPY REPORT

Last edited by knewton64; 01-15-2014 at 06:29 AM.
knewton64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 06:16 AM   #415
JKSWonder
Twelve plus trips and counting

Quote:
Originally Posted by podsnel View Post
Hi everyone! Just wanted to say we had an incredible time on the Fantasy! We did ok coming home- a bit delayed etc, but nothing awful, considering what it could have been. I will be starting a tr, but things are very hectic right now, so please be patient! I really miss updating, and I am looking forward to doing so as soon as I can! Happy and healthy 2014 to all- xoxoxo
Welcome back! Looking forward to hearing all about it.
JKSWonder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 07:03 PM   #416
dvc4life
Disney is my Happy Place

What an update. I just love how adventurous you guys are. That hike looked awesome. The views were remarkable. I just need someone I can follow around who can take me to all the cool locations you go to. And I couldn't imagine driving that road to Yosemite. Yikes. I hate it when we drive through the mountains when we go to Florida and they are nothing like those you drove. At least you weren't doing 70 plus mph! lol

And I love that bar you went to. What a fun time. Looks like it was full of personality.

Hey - you know, five-six drinks, full-size, in a 1/2 hour. That is only for us pros! Man that was fun but lots of drinks.

Looking forward to seeing Yosemite from your view.
Old 01-15-2014, 07:16 PM   #417
OurDogCisco
DIS Veteran

I'm all caught up. That fire was so sad. All because someone didn't put out their fire. It was a hunter so they were able to trace it back to him based on his permit. I thought that was amazing. Anyways, we went to Yosemite two weeks ago to see it in the winter. Beautiful but cold. We stayed in the lodge at Yosemite falls. We froze as the insulation isn't the best. I can't wait to read about your Yosemite portion. P.s. We only live two and 1/2 hours away so we go as often as we can squeeze it in.

I've eaten at 75 out of 247 restaurants at Walt Disney World (30%)
I've eaten at 30 out of 87 quick service/counter service restaurants at Walt Disney World (34%)
I've eaten at 30 out of 73 table-service restaurants at Walt Disney World (41%)
I've eaten at 7 out of 18 signature restaurants at Walt Disney World (39%)
I've eaten at 1 out of 3 dinner show restaurants at Walt Disney World (33%)

Here's my list!

THEME PARKS
  • ANIMAL KINGDOM PARK
    • Flame Tree BBQ
    • Pizzafari
    • Rainforest Cafe
    • Restaurantosaurus
    • Tusker House
    • Yak & Yeti Counter Service
    • Yak & Yeti
  • Disney's Hollywood Studios
    • '50s Prime Time Cafe
    • ABC Commissary
    • Backlot Express
    • Brown Derby
    • Catalina Eddie's
    • Fairfax Fare
    • Feel the Force VIP Package (Fireworks Dessert Party)
    • Hollywood & Vine
    • Mama Melrose's
    • Min & Bill's Dockside Diner
    • Rosie's All-American Cafe
    • Sci-Fi Dine-In
    • Starring Rolls Cafe
    • Studio Catering Company
    • Toluca Legs Turkey Company
    • Toy Story Pizza Planet
  • Epcot
    • Coral Reef (Living Seas)
    • Electric Umbrella
    • Fountainview (Starbucks)
    • Garden Grill (The Land)
    • Sunshine Seasons (The Land)
    • Akershus Royal Banquet Hall (Norway)
    • Biergarten (Germany)
    • Boulangerie Patisserie (France)
    • Chefs de France (France)
    • Fife & Drum (American Adventure)
    • Illuminations Sparkling Dessert Party
    • Katsura Grill (Japan)
    • Kringla Bakeri og Cafe (Norway)
    • La Cantina de San Angel (Mexico)
    • La Hacienda de San Angel (Mexico)
    • Le Cellier (Canada)
    • Liberty Inn (American Adventure)
    • Lotus Blossom Cafe (China)
    • Monsieur Paul (France)
    • Nine Dragons (China)
    • Odyssey
    • Restaurant Marrakesh (Morocco)
    • Rose and Crown (United Kingdom)
    • San Angel Inn (Mexico)
    • Sommerfest (Germany)
    • Spice Road (Morocco)
    • Tangierine Cafe (Morocco)
    • Teppan Edo (Japan)
    • Tokyo Dining (Japan)
    • Tutto Gusto Wine Cellar (Italy)
    • Tutto Italia (Italy)
    • Via Napoli (Italy)
    • Yorkshire County Fish Shop (United Kingdom)
  • Epcot Food & Wine Festival
    • Argentina
    • Australia
    • Belgium
    • Brewer's Collection
    • Canada
    • Caribbean Islands
    • Cheese
    • China
    • Craft Beers
    • Desserts & Champagne
    • Florida
    • France
    • Germany
    • Greece
    • Hawaii
    • Hops & Barley
    • Ireland
    • Italy
    • Japan
    • Mexico
    • Morocco
    • New Zealand
    • Poland
    • Party for the Senses
    • Scandinavia
    • Singapore
    • South Africa
    • South Korea
    • Terra
  • Epcot Food & Garden Festival
    • Buttercup Cottage
    • Fleur De lys
    • Florida Fresh
    • Hanami
    • Intermissions Cafe
    • Jardin De Fiestas
    • Lotus House
    • Pineapple Promenade
    • Primavera Kitchen
    • The Smokehouse
    • Taste of Marrakesh
    • Urban Farm Eats
  • Magic Kingdom
    • Be Our Guest Lunch (Fantasyland)
    • Be Our Guest Dinner (Fantasyland)
    • Casey's Corner (Main Street USA)
    • Cinderella's Royal Table (Fantasyland)
    • Columbia Harbour House (Liberty Square)
    • Cosmic Ray's (Tomorrowland)
    • The Crystal Palace (Adventureland)
    • Diamond Horseshoe Review (Frontierland)
    • The Friar's Nook (Fantasyland)
    • Gaston's Tavern (Fantasyland)
    • Golden Oak Outpost (Frontierland)
    • Liberty Tree Tavern (Liberty Square)
    • The Lunching Pad (Tomorrowland)
    • Main Street Bakery (Starbucks)
    • Pecos Bill's (Frontierland)
    • Pinnochio Village Haus (Fantasyland)
    • The Plaza Restaurant (Main Street USA)
    • Sleepy Hollow
    • Tomorrowland Terrace (Tomorrowland)
    • Tomorrowland Terrace Wishes Dessert Party (Tomorrowland)
    • Tony's Town Square (Main Street USA)
    • Tortuga Tavern (Adventureland)
    • Frontierland Turkey Leg Cart
Water Parks
  • Blizzard Beach
    • Avalunch
    • The Cooling Hut
    • Lottawatta Lodge
    • The Warming Hut
  • Typhoon Lagoon
    • Leaning Palms
    • Lowtide Lou's
    • Surf Doggies
    • Typhoon Tilly's
    • Bodie's All American
    • Earl of Sandwich
    • Fulton's Crab House
    • Ghirardelli's
    • Marketplace Snacks
    • Pollo Campero
    • Rainforest Cafe
    • Starbucks
    • T-Rex
    • Wolfgang Puck Express
  • Pleasure Island
    • Cooke's of Dublin
    • Paradiso 37
    • Planet Hollywood
    • Portobello
    • Raglan Road
  • West Side
    • AMC 24 Pleasure Island Dining
    • Bongo's Cuban Cafe
    • Crossroads at House of Blues
    • Crossroads at House of Blues Sunday Brunch
    • Foodquest
    • Splitsville
    • Smokehouse at House of Blues
    • Wolfgang Puck Grand Cafe
    • The Dining Room at Wolfgang Puck Grand Cafe
    • Wolfgang Puck Express
  • West Side Food Trucks
    • Fantasy Fare truck
    • Namaste Cafe truck
    • Superstar Catering truck
    • World Showcase of Flavors truck
Wide World of Sports
    • ESPN Grill
Resorts
  • All Star Movies
    • World Premiere
  • All Star Music
    • Intermission
  • All Star Sports
    • End Zone
  • Animal Kingdom Lodge
    • Boma Flavors of Africa
    • Jiko: The Cooking Place
    • The Mara
    • Sanaa
  • Art of Animation
    • Landscapes of Flavors
  • Beach Club
    • Beach Club Marketplace
    • Beaches and Cream
    • Cape May Cafe
    • Hurricane Hanna's
  • Boardwalk
    • Big River Grille & Brewing Works
    • Boardwalk Bakery
    • Boardwalk Pizza Window
    • ESPN Club
    • Flying Fish
    • Kouzzina
  • Caribbean Beach
    • Old Port Royale
    • Shutters
  • Contemporary
    • California Grill
    • Chef Mickey's
    • Contempo Cafe
    • The Wave
    • Top of the World Lounge
  • Coronado Springs
    • Cafe Rix
    • Laguna Bar
    • Maya Grill
    • Pepper Market
    • Siesta's
  • Walt Disney World Dolphin
    • Cabana Bar and Beach Club
    • The Fountain
    • Fresh Mediterranean Market
    • Picabu Buffeteria
    • Shula's Steakhouse
    • Todd English's bluezoo
  • Fort Wilderness
    • Crockett's Tavern
    • Hoop Dee Doo Musical Review
    • Meadows Snack Bar
    • Mickey's Backyard BBQ
    • Trail's End Restaurant
  • Grand Floridian Resort and Spa
    • 1900 Park Fare
    • Citrico's
    • Garden View Lounge Afternoon Tea
    • Gasparilla Island Grill
    • Grand Floridian Cafe
    • Mizner's Lounge
    • My Disney Girl's Perfectly Princess Tea
    • Narcoossee's
    • Pool Bar
    • Victoria and Albert's
  • Old Key West
    • Goods to Go
    • Olivia's
    • Turtle Shack
  • Polynesian
    • Captain Cook's Snack Company
    • Kona Cafe
    • Kona Island Sushi Counter
    • 'Ohana
    • Spirit of Aloha Polynesian Luau
    • TambuLounge
  • Pop Century
    • Everything Pop
  • Port Orleans
    • Boatwright's
    • Riverside Mill Food Court
    • Sassagoula Flotworks & Food Factory
  • Saratoga Springs
    • Artist's Palette
    • Grandstand Pool Bar
    • Paddock Pool Grill
    • Turf Club
  • Shades of Green
    • Garden Gallery
    • Evergreen's
    • Mangino's Bistro
  • Walt Disney World Swan
    • Garden Grove Cafe
    • Il Mulino New York Trattoria
    • Kimonos Sushi Bar
    • Splash Grill
  • Vero Beach
    • Bleachers Bar and Grill
    • Green Cabin Room
    • Shutters
    • Sonya's
  • Wilderness Lodge
    • Artist Point
    • Roaring Fork
    • Territory Lounge
    • Whispering Canyon
  • Yacht Club
    • Captain's Grille
    • Crew's Cup Lounge
    • Yachtsman Steakhouse
The DVC/Timeshare Advantage
    • Cooked a quick in-room meal
    • Cooked a full sit-down meal in the villa
    • Cooked a meal using a resort BBQ grill

Bonus Points
  • Benihana's
OurDogCisco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 08:02 AM   #418
Captain_Oblivious
DIS Dad #257
Don't underestimate your audience. I'm sure there's a fart joke in here somewhere

Quote:
We were starting at the Eagle's point end of the trail, and the views were spectacular! The hike also had some edge-of-the-cliff stuff that my men seem to love-
Sounds awesome!

Quote:
Everyone enjoyed this hike- we definitely recommend!
Is that because you didn't have to ride bikes?

Quote:
Such a gorgeous city! I can't wait to see Vancouver this summer before our Alaska cruise- that looks incredibly beautiful as well and I am anxious to see how they compare.

Quote:
After not too long on the drive east, we stopped for a bite at red Robin- yummmm...
Great, now that song is stuck in my head.

Quote:
"He is a loathesome, offensive brute. Yet I can't look away."
+1

Quote:
Plus, there's a picture of Kramer on the wall!

Quote:
Mainly, I wanted to avoid the section called "Old Priest Grade". Trust me, the new and improved Priest Grade is hairy enough!! There were actually signs telling you to turn off your A/C- this road is FAMOUS for people overheating and getting stranded.
Wow, the pictures look like it's a pretty serious climb. And we all know the camera tends to flatten the image!

Quote:
Across the street, we were happy to see the Iron Door Saloon-
This looks like my kinda town!

Quote:
I swear, it was the day BEFORE we arrived- just like Kauai- we are not the common denominator in any of these events-
Uh huh. You can deny it all you want, but where there's smoke...

Quote:
Anyway, when the boys' chicken was ready, we said thanks to that awesome guy at the bar and his very nice friends and went back to the Hotel- where the sky looked like THIS-
Gorgeous!

Quote:
When we walked in with the to-go bag, the waitress from the restaurant came out and said she would be happy to set the boys up upstairs on the porch with their dinner. How nice is THAT? She also set them up with drinks- which she said were on her.
Someone deserves a big tip!

Looking forward to Yosemite!
Captain_Oblivious is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 08:40 AM   #419
podsnel

Quote:
Originally Posted by G'sMaman View Post
Hi Ellen!! Happy New Year! Glad to hear that you had an incredible time on your cruise and made it home safely. Iíve been reading your terrific TR on my iPad so I havenít posted much (hate typing on that screen, but donít love the two wireless keyboards I have for it either). I know Iíve said it a million times, but you really do such a wonderful job on your TR and all the planning that you do. Anyway, I just have to share that your TR came in very handy recently! We had my 19 year old nephew from Ohio visiting us and I was at a loss as to what to do with him. It was a very last minute trip so I was really scrambling. Then I remembered your Segway tour of Golden Gate Park. BTW - Your tip regarding the Goldstar 50% off discount was the best! Iíd never heard of them before and generally donít like the Groupon type discounts (way too many restrictions). Goldstar has the discounts without the hassles. In fact, I use them now all the time for shows like the SF ballet, the theatre and Disney on Ice. I canít believe I was paying full price all these years. But, I digress . . . Back to the Segway. I would never have thought of doing that in a million years, but it was so much fun. Such a neat way to see the park as well! We all had a great time! It will definitely be on our list of things to do when we have friends in town.

Hi Tricia! Happy New Year to you, too! I TOTALLY get the ipad thing- that's what I always read on at night before bed, and I absolutely despise replying on it- just a huge hassle, and on the DIS app you can't put smilies in either which I find irritating since I am, of course, a BIG fan of the smilies! SO SO SO happy I was able to help YOU, who has given ME so much this past year! I don't like restrictive discounts either, so I think that Segway one is great- and I am so happy you enjoyed your tour! Did you have a funny guide? I think they do an excellent job over there, and it truly is SUCH a beautiful park.

Your tour guide in the city also sounded wonderful. Taking you to the Filbert steps?! Now, that really is off the beaten track. I love it up there. If you get the chance, you must rent the Wild Parrots of Telegraph Hill. It is a sweet little documentary about the wild parrots that live there and a man who helps to take care of them. Doesnít sound that interesting, but it really was a great movie.

I would find the Wild Parrots movie FASCINATING- I love that kind of stuff- thanks for ANOTHER great bit of advice! It is a very unique place to live , up there on those steps. Really cool to see, I am glad we went.

I also had to comment on your bike ride. It reminded me of when I first started dating my husband and we used to do quite a bit of cycling over the Golden Gate bridge. Remember that road up to Muir Woods? Well, one day he took me up that looong, winding road and I thought I would kill him when we got done (if I didnít die of a heart attack first). Well, we made it up and back down and had an amazing day. He had more confidence in me than I did and took such good care of me on the mountain that I knew he was the one for me. Shortly after that I did my first century ride - all 100 miles! And the best part is that we have been happily married ever since.

So YOU are like THOSE people we saw riding bikes to Muir Woods???? I BOW to your thighs- they must be mighty powerful! Seriously- even Pods was impressed that there were so many bikers tackling those hills, but never for a second believed it was something he was capable of- I will have to tell him my very generous girlfriend from SF can do it- he will be in AWE! 100 miles??? I bow again! Where did you do that? I think 20 is my limit- but then I have never gone further than that, so maybe it could be more- however, I am fairly certain I will never find out, lol!

Canít wait to read about the rest of your fabulous trip!
So glad you posted- it is always nice to chat with you!

Quote:
I'm sorry you got out voted on the Cliff House. It would have been a fabulous meal. We've eaten there and I can highly recommend it!

Yea- that's what i figured! But I think the porchetta sandwich was still a factor in the decision. Do you think it would have been better than Red Robin where we ended up?

The B&B looks great. I have to figure out how to get us to stay there and how to work it into a trip!
You do! It's so sweet and cozy! I actually have a friend who is going there this summer because of us- it really is a nice choice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beth D View Post
Welcome back EL!

Thanks Beth!

Great posts! I was worried when I heard about the fire and knew you were heading that way. That drive looks intense, but I think I would have liked it! It's too bad Kara had a tough time of it. We once had to drive from Detroit to Windsor Canada, and one person in the car feared bridges, and another was scared of tunnels! One had to suffer going over, and the other had to suffer coming back!

Well, THAT sounds like fun.... It really was fine, we just went 20 mph as was posted- it really was beautiful there.

No, never too many pictures, especially when they are as stellar as the ones you are taking! That fella at the bar sounds like a trip!

Thanks for saying so- I do cut back from what i actually have, but STILL it is a LOT! And the guy at the bar was DEF a trip- thoroughly enjoyed him, even though his wife and friends apologized for him talking too much- but I liked it!

I about choked when I saw the pic from your NYE cruise. Cant wait to read that TR!

We had a BLAST- just starting to upload pics to PB....

Stuck in Columbus OH, You were only about 2 hours away! Unfortunately that airport is so small that I'm sure it's not fun. At least when I got delayed in TX in November, I was in Houston Bush Int'l. Lots of shopping and people watching to do!
We were stuck in Newark, NJ on the way to Columbus- spent very little time in the Columbus Airport. Actually, when we finally landed, everything was closed- but our return home on Monday morning was without issue- we landed at EWR at 7:50 am- very tired!
Old 01-16-2014, 04:47 PM   #420
scottny
You better have crackers
I heard of light reading, never wet reading
I still won't go in the ocean because of

The hike looks like so much fun and what a gorgeous area. Too bad no sit down meal.
Ooh! Red Robin, YUM!. I have never eaten at one so really I donít know.
I would hate to drive with no A.C.
The hotel is cute from the outside. The room is cute too.
The bar looked nice and to get town stories could be fun.
Gorgeous sky.
Nice waitress but even better drink. The margarita looked good.
Great updates and pics.
scottny is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: