Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-25-2013, 04:20 PM   #316
CRdisMom
DIS Veteran

OMG that view is to DIE FOR!!!!

CRdisMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 07:56 PM   #317
podsnel
just skippin' around, amusing myself...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedijill View Post
I have an entire list of words that could fill that blank!

LOL!! Me too!

Sausalito is gorgeous! That ice cream looks super yummy.

The ice cream was DELICIOUS! There were mac nuts, coconut, coffee, fudge-ohhhh....so so good!

Who cares if you can walk in the shoes, just buy them! They are super cute!

They WERE super cute! But I kinda need to be able to walk dude. I got a lotta places to be! Probably its those shoes fault that I am having an issue purchasing glittery shoes for NYE on the Fantasy- those shoes are a tough act to follow!

And $4 glasses of wine ALWAYS improves my mood!

Jill in CO
Me too, as long as they taste great- and they did!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Oblivious View Post
Sure is a lot of man-hating going on over on this thread. I wonder how my TR would be taken if I reversed the roles...

Not possible. Women would NEVER be as stupid as my men were, so bashing women is completely ridiculous, Captain-

WORK is a 4-letter expletive for me.

I am very sorry! I would be willing to give you vocabulary tutoring anytime-

I can totally vouch for you!

Thanks!

I thought that particular flavor only came in sandwich form. And everyone would have to take a bite.

At least it wouldn't be purple- usually.

And I am DEFINITELY not having any BITE!

I see Timmy was back to his adventurous self with his choice of flavors!

LOL- you noticed! Umm...Uhhh...I'l have Banilla with Spwinkles pwease...

You already gave us a hint, and we can see the color.

There was a hint??? What was it? I really want a hint!

Actually, he had cherry he thinks. Followed by "I dunno!" So there ya go- mystery unsolved-

There you go! Next time hit the wine bar before you go biking.

So now you're trying to get me killed?? Geez! That seems a little harsh for just a little man-bashing!

On second thought, maybe that's not a good idea.
Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRdisMom View Post
Omg I would have lost my Schmidt with those men. Ice cream and wine fixes it all. Lol
LOL-Yes it does!

Quote:
Originally Posted by eandesmom View Post
I've never been in that ice cream shop but whenever we are there, it is PACKED!

It was packed when we rode by, and packed the whole time we were there, EXCEPT...when I walked in the door. And that was allllllll- right!

Still, I'm impressed you went for ice cream...not lunch/snacks...or a cocktail!

Many snacks and cocktails followed, I can assure you!

I didn't know about the tokens...we just waited in line I'll have to remember that.

Yes- I learned that reading EVERY TR WITH A GGB BIKE RIDE IN IT FOR THE PAST 2 YEARS, PODS! Oops- sorry, I mean, yea, that's a good tip for next time, huh Cynthia?!

UGH riding back up in the afternoon crowds. Just UGH. I can't imagine running it later in the day, more or less biking it from the ferry building. It seems to me that when we did it, maybe it wasn't quite as crowded tourist wise? Or maybe it was a weekday, I have no idea.

This was a Thursday, August 15th- I think the America's Cup was making it more crowded.

I bet we don't get upgraded. I am thinking 2 years in a row of that and we used up all our Kimpton Reward pixie dust. LOL! Fingers crossed though. Actually fingers crossed we have a babysitter..but that's another story entirely.
ALL POSITIVE THOUGHTS! Especially for the babysitter-

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
Thanks for another great laugh. I, like Jill, can think of many expletives to fill that blank space.

That's my girl!!

So the moral of your update is - if ice cream doesn't make everything better, wine will!

YES!!! I am so glad we have all learned something here today, aren't you?

I love this TR report!
Thanks Darlin! I really need to visit yours- it's been a while, I'm sorry!
podsnel is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-25-2013, 08:28 PM   #318
podsnel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beth D View Post
Amen! I would have gone straight for the ice cream and wine too!
It does seem to be a popular coping strategy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGirl View Post
Okay, I'm sure this is just coincidence, but the picture of Tim with his ice cream just looks all, "OMG - I'm really sorry, Mom! Here, take a pic of me with my ice cream!"

Aww...that's not coincidence- that's how he is. He was really sorry, even if he wasn't saying it yet.

BTW, on our trip, we will be taking the ferry TO and from Sausalito.
well aren't YOU the smart one!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by franandaj View Post
I wish Ice Cream made me feel all better. I can only have a couple bites, if I have a whole serving I'm in trouble. I think I have inherited my Mother's lactose intolerance. Cheese isn't bad, but ice cream and hot chocolate are the worst.

I'm sorry, babe- what about that ice cream we had at Club 33? Was that an issue afterwards?

Wine on the other hand! That will improve my mood post haste!
Truth be told- ice cream is very nice and all, and that particular ice cream was spectacular....but it's the wine that really adjusted my attitude!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rentayenta View Post
Sometime I think our fellas (and I mean all of our collective fellas, just don't get it). That's about all I can say about that.

Yup- it's true.

I used a word that begins with an f for the first missing word and one that begins with an s for the second.

Very good choices! Excellent!!

Ice cream is a cure all around here too. And wine. Wine fixes a lot. Wine last night fixed the fact that I'm on Day 7 of a 10 day solo parenting gig. Today a trip to Trader Joes with my bestie will fix Day 8. It's the simple things.

So glad simple things work, aren't you? Is M back now?

Sausalito looks beautiful though. We haven't been to Nor Cal in ages, well I haven't, looks like I need a trip back minus any bike riding unless they have a lazy girls bike route.
Yes- there's a lazy girl ride- it's ALONG THE FREAKIN BEACH!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiantsNiners11 View Post
Thanks for posting your trip report! Awesome! Can't wait to go back already, right?
Of course! I want to go back to nearly every place I have been, but San Francisco is a very, VERY special place-

And thanks for the kind words- it really means alot- nice to meet you!
Old 11-25-2013, 08:35 PM   #319
podsnel

Quote:
Originally Posted by 15isto2 View Post
I like the look of the cheese
It was GREAT cheese, don't ya think?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedijill View Post
Mmmm, nice Happy Hour spread and great view! That would put me in a better frame of mind too!

Jill in CO
Can't say enough good things about that regency Club- it was fantastic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRdisMom View Post
OMG that view is to DIE FOR!!!!
It was really gorgeous- it used to a rotating restaurant- until they turned it into the concierge floor. Lots of people are not happy about that decision- but it worked for us this trip!
Old 11-25-2013, 09:43 PM   #320
Wicket's Mom
DIS Veteran

My sons would have made some serious dents in the taco bar! What a great happy hour, especially with the view you had. I, so seriously, have got to visit San Francisco. What a beautiful place.

Your Sally Rand drink didn't make you want to get up with your feathered fans & dance? That would have been such a lovely picture!
(url)http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3050319
It Was the Best of Times & the Worst, But It Was the Best Trip Evah!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2811518
Wicket's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 09:52 PM   #321
MEK
DIS Veteran

Yay for Happy Hour!!!!!Nice Spread and yay for wine! Smart idea to get the boys to eat tacos and enjoy the sunset, Perfect end to a hectic day!

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
MEK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 10:51 PM   #322
RGirl
DIS Veteran

Oh, Ellen, the pictures from your hotel are making me SOOOOO homesick. UGH! I mean, I used to do a lot of cursing commuting over that bridge, but now I totally miss it.

I would have totally done the same thing and made a meal out of that happy hour. It looked really good, and you certainly save a lot of money passing on a dinner out in SF once in a while! I love the honor bar! Hmm - I am seriously going to have to check into this hotel as I don't know where we will be staying in July.

I'm glad you and Pods were able to get out and have a couple of drinks and a little fun after what was clearly a rather rough vacation day.

I am even more glad that I somehow managed to check your report before you had posted 4 or 5 new updates so that I could actually remember on what I was commenting for a change!
RGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 12:13 AM   #323
MAGICFOR2
DIS Veteran

I'm so glad your evening turned out great! Ice cream, wine, tacos, more wine, sunset, more wine - It's all good! Gotta love that Regency Club!
MAGICFOR2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 03:23 AM   #324
franandaj

Sharing adventures and good times
My heart is forever given to Fran

Your evening worked out very nicely! I'm glad you could save a couple bucks on dinner, by using the club level for tacos, that's always a bonus, especially if you didn't have a special place planned and I'm sure the wine honor bar helped you to be able to speak to them again after the day that you had!
Alison ~~~~ She said it wouldn't be Boring! | Our Disney Dream Home|Sleepy and Grumpy Visit Tatooine |Keep Your Eyes on the Road | I do get to go to WDW this year! | Expo 2013 | ...It's How You Play the Game | We need a little Magic... | TR - Pinch me... | Destination D-75 TR | It'll be a WONDER ... | Cheating on Mickey w/ Harry, PTR | D23 Expo 2011 TR | D23 D40 WDW in Detail | DCA F&W Review | Jan 2010 DR Visits 2015: VGC, VWL, DCL 2014: VGC, CSR, VGF, DCL 2013: VWL, BCV, DCL, AKL, BLT, VGC, 2012: VGC, DCL, 2011: VGC, BLT, OKW 2010: THV, AKV, VGC, 2009: BWV 2008: SSR, 2007: AKL & GF, 2001: AKL, BC & DCL 1997: DXL & WL 1993: GF, DL Too many to count since 1973!

franandaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 08:36 AM   #325
dvc4life
Disney is my Happy Place

Wine, the cure for a trying day! Glad it ended on a better note than it started. And the view you had was beautiful.
Old 11-26-2013, 02:38 PM   #326
Captain_Oblivious
DIS Dad #257
Don't underestimate your audience. I'm sure there's a fart joke in here somewhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by podsnel View Post
Where our very wise investment into the regency Club was about to pay off! Every evening at 5, until 8 or 9, I believe, they had happy hour with a different theme each night, substantial appetizers, and an honor bar with $4 or $5 wine, beer and cocktails. What you did for the honor bar was help yourself (wow, those were some up to the tippy top glasses of wine that were poured, lol!) and then mark it on a card with your room number to put in a box.
Uh, yeah, I marked my card...Sure...

Quote:
Our view-
Beautiful view!

Quote:
This is how they like it- loads of meat and some cheese. I guess they are purists.
Mmmmm...meat and cheese. Really, do you need anything else?

Quote:
I showed tyler over to the massage chairs- he felt like a king, lol!
At this point he's thinking, "Why did you make me do all that biking? I could have been here THIS WHOLE TIME!"

Quote:
He wanted to show us his EXCELLENT magic trick, which he had learned from his Math Explorations teacher last year-

He did a fantastic job! Pods and I were sufficiently dazzled!
Guess you had to be there.

Quote:
We had a really nice time up there that night- in contrast to our day on the bikes- and we were all enjoying each others company again, SO NICE!

But Pods and I were not done yet! Even if we weren't going to eat anything, we were STILL going over to Pier 23 for a cocktail....or two.
I'm sure all those cocktails helped with the attitude adjustment!
Captain_Oblivious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 07:49 PM   #327
scottny
You better have crackers
I heard of light reading, never wet reading
I still won't go in the ocean because of

Great updates and pics.

The night seemed to end very nicely.
scottny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 11:35 PM   #328
rentayenta

There's never enough vacation time
I'm always thinking about it
I can't imagine being in it alone

Darn, I'm getting a little blue question mark where some photos should be.

Alcohol. The bonding agent that keeps great couples together. Been there, done that.

The Happy Hour spread looks fantastic. Good idea saving a little money and letting the boys pig out there. Dessert looks good too.

The view and sunset are gorgeous.

You light 'em, they fight 'em. A DVC/Disneyland Resort PTR
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?...1#post51407145
You bet your aft we had a good time: a Disney Wonder trip report
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3260751

rentayenta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2013, 08:28 AM   #329
podsnel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wicket's Mom View Post
My sons would have made some serious dents in the taco bar! What a great happy hour, especially with the view you had. I, so seriously, have got to visit San Francisco. What a beautiful place.

My sons definitely made serious dents! They were up and back several times.

Your Sally Rand drink didn't make you want to get up with your feathered fans & dance? That would have been such a lovely picture!
LOL!! You know who Sally Rand is!! I wonder if MY Sally Rand knows- she would get a kick out of it- probably do her own fan dance, lol!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
Yay for Happy Hour!!!!!Nice Spread and yay for wine! Smart idea to get the boys to eat tacos and enjoy the sunset, Perfect end to a hectic day!
It really was a great way to end our day- because it had been SO over the top.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGirl View Post
Oh, Ellen, the pictures from your hotel are making me SOOOOO homesick. UGH! I mean, I used to do a lot of cursing commuting over that bridge, but now I totally miss it.

I bet you never expected to miss THAT commute!

I would have totally done the same thing and made a meal out of that happy hour. It looked really good, and you certainly save a lot of money passing on a dinner out in SF once in a while! I love the honor bar! Hmm - I am seriously going to have to check into this hotel as I don't know where we will be staying in July.

It was a great happy hour every night- I read a lot of reviews in the two years leading up to it- it was VERY hard to find ones about that RC that were more specific than- Get it, it's great! I saw many reviews that said this was one of the best, if not THE best, RC in the Hyatt chain. I also saw many people disputing whether or not to book it in such a foodie city- why would you want to waste your time on tacos when all of SF was just outside? At $75/day, I would have had a hard time justifying it- at $25, it was a no-brainer. And if it had been $50, like it was when I originally booked, it would have been worth that, too.

My poor TA, though- she booked it, then I saw a better rate, so she rebooked it, and then they wouldn't give her a commission! What up with THAT, Hyatt??? I sure hope that doesn't happen to ME as a Travel Agent!

I'm glad you and Pods were able to get out and have a couple of drinks and a little fun after what was clearly a rather rough vacation day.

It was VERY MUCH needed!

I am even more glad that I somehow managed to check your report before you had posted 4 or 5 new updates so that I could actually remember on what I was commenting for a change!
LOL!!! You are one to talk!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAGICFOR2 View Post
I'm so glad your evening turned out great! Ice cream, wine, tacos, more wine, sunset, more wine - It's all good! Gotta love that Regency Club!
Yes, you DO gotta love that Regency Club!
Old 11-27-2013, 09:12 AM   #330
podsnel

Quote:
Originally Posted by franandaj View Post
Your evening worked out very nicely! I'm glad you could save a couple bucks on dinner, by using the club level for tacos, that's always a bonus, especially if you didn't have a special place planned and I'm sure the wine honor bar helped you to be able to speak to them again after the day that you had!
Well, we DID want to go to Pier 23- and I am pretty sad we didn't eat anything there, only drank. It was Diners Drive Ins and dives- which I watched pretty frequently before we went, because Guy Feuri goes to San Fran alot on that show. It looked like they had some yummy stuff there!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvc4life View Post
Wine, the cure for a trying day! Glad it ended on a better note than it started. And the view you had was beautiful.
Yes, a MUCH better day overall because of how it ended. I don't know if you saw above in another response, but that RC space was a rotating restaurant for years- definitely a coveted view!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Oblivious View Post
Uh, yeah, I marked my card...Sure...

LOL!!! Don't worry- I am sure when we filled out the card at the end our math was a little fuzzy- how many glasses and beers? Let's round down to 4!

Beautiful view!

Definitely- it used to be their rotating restaurant- people are pretty po'd they can't get up there anymore unless they book a room with RC. I think it was a big special occasion restaurant-

Mmmmm...meat and cheese. Really, do you need anything else?

Well I do, but I see your point.

At this point he's thinking, "Why did you make me do all that biking? I could have been here THIS WHOLE TIME!"

ROTFLMAO!!! Seriously!!

Guess you had to be there.

You know, the typical trick where you pick a card, and he magically produces said card at the end to shock and dazzle you- right before he showed us how he did it because he didn't want us to feel like he was deceiving us.

I'm sure all those cocktails helped with the attitude adjustment!
Works WAAAAY better than deep breathing, counting to 10, or Yoga!

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottny View Post
Great updates and pics.

The night seemed to end very nicely.
Thanks Scott! It did all work out- thank goodness, it always does!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: