Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-24-2013, 11:56 AM   #1
iujen94
Mouseketeer

FP+ during MNSSHP

I seem to recall that the FP machines were disabled the last time we went to MK for MNSSHP. anyone know if FP+ will be available during MNSSHP?

If so, we are planning to go to AK the morning/early afternoon of our trip and then head to MK for MNSSHP later that afternoon. would you use your FP+s: (1) at AK in the morning/early afternoon or (2) at MK during MNSSHP?

Thanks!
iujen94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 12:02 PM   #2
Raenstoirm
BL6 Team Challenge Tracker
Lets go get me your numbers!

No fastpass during special events. Makes that choice easy!

Trying to stay at every resort, but we are creatures of habit!
Caribbean Beach/Riverside/Wilderness Lodge/All Star Movies/Beach Club/Contemporary

Raenstoirm is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-24-2013, 12:07 PM   #3
siskaren
DIS Veteran

Ride lines are going to be shorter during the parties anyway because most people go to the parties to do the party-exclusive things.
siskaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 12:13 PM   #4
Missyrose
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by iujen94
I seem to recall that the FP machines were disabled the last time we went to MK for MNSSHP. anyone know if FP+ will be available during MNSSHP?

If so, we are planning to go to AK the morning/early afternoon of our trip and then head to MK for MNSSHP later that afternoon. would you use your FP+s: (1) at AK in the morning/early afternoon or (2) at MK during MNSSHP?

Thanks!
The FP+ windows end at 7 on party days. If you want to spend your party time riding rides, you will be able to do so with very little wait. Most people focus on party-related activities.
'86, '90, '94, '98, '09, '10 -- Off site, 10/11 -- CR, 3/12 -- Windsor Hills, 10/12 -- BCV/AKV-Jambo, 01/13 -- BWV, 5/13 -- BLT, 10/13 -- YC CL, 5/14 -- BWV, 08/14 -- VGF/BLT, 12/14 -- BWV, 4/15 -- BLT, 10/15 -- BWV

Missyrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 01:52 PM   #5
Granfan
DIS Veteran

Using mnsshp for fastpasses before 7:00

"We are planning to go to AK the morning/early afternoon of our trip and then head to MK for MNSSHP later that afternoon.

IF WE GO IN AFTER 4:00 PM USING PLASTIC CARD MNSSHP TICKET, WOULD WE BE ABLE TO GET AND USE REGULAR FASTPASSES WITH IT UNTIL THE PARTY STARTS AT 7:00?

Last edited by Granfan; 08-24-2013 at 02:00 PM.
Granfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 02:02 PM   #6
mesaboy2
Using a certain word brings out a special kind of cray-cray

Quote:
Originally Posted by Granfan View Post
"We are planning to go to AK the morning/early afternoon of our trip and then head to MK for MNSSHP later that afternoon.

IF WE GO IN AFTER 4:00 PM USING PLASTIC CARD MNSSHP TICKET, WOULD WE BE ABLE TO GET AND USE REGULAR FASTPASSES WITH IT UNTIL THE PARTY STARTS AT 7:00?
Yes.
mesaboy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 03:51 PM   #7
sweetdana
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by iujen94 View Post

Thanks!
If you are still going to MK that night. I would consider getting FP+ for MK, and getting your last one from 6-7 for a character, and show up the last few minutes, and you should be be able to see in costumes

sweetdana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 03:54 PM   #8
mesaboy2

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetdana View Post

If you are still going to MK that night. I would consider getting FP+ for MK, and getting your last one from 6-7 for a character, and show up the last few minutes, and you should be be able to see in costumes
Sorry, but that seems a bit sneaky to me.
Old 09-16-2013, 04:19 PM   #9
sweetdana
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mesaboy2 View Post
Sorry, but that seems a bit sneaky to me.
Would it be different if you grabbed a FP for Princesses, with the paper tickets for the same time and did the same thing?

.. or what if you got in line for 1 of them at 6:40 and let people pass you? without FP.. but waiting 20 - 30 mins instead of say 40 or 50.. 30 mins later. .. do you think the line for costume Mickey's/ princess/ dwards starts at 7, people wait. early same line same thing.

..or what about using a FP for haunted mantion, for the same thing and heading in at 6:55 knowing at 7.. you would exit and get in photo line..

I do not believe any of these are "sneaky" unless you were aiming to see them without tickets to the event. ***which they would not let you anyway ****

Old 09-16-2013, 04:54 PM   #10
JoshuaShaw
DIS Veteran

Fastpasses are unnecessary during the party because, with the exception of Peter Pan's Flight, attractions will not have a line.
JoshuaShaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 04:59 PM   #11
JoshuaShaw
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Would it be different if you grabbed a FP for Princesses, with the paper tickets for the same time and did the same thing?

.. or what if you got in line for 1 of them at 6:40 and let people pass you? without FP.. but waiting 20 - 30 mins instead of say 40 or 50.. 30 mins later. .. do you think the line for costume Mickey's/ princess/ dwards starts at 7, people wait. early same line same thing.

..or what about using a FP for haunted mantion, for the same thing and heading in at 6:55 knowing at 7.. you would exit and get in photo line..

I do not believe any of these are "sneaky" unless you were aiming to see them without tickets to the event. ***which they would not let you anyway ****
If you're asking, "Is it sneaky to purposefully juke the system to take advantage, at no additional cost, of things others have paid money for?", then yes, absolutely. Just because you can get away with something, doesn't make it any less shady.

Edit: I can't read, apparently. Apologies.

Last edited by JoshuaShaw; 09-17-2013 at 10:00 AM.
JoshuaShaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 05:02 PM   #12
mesaboy2

Quote:

1. Would it be different if you grabbed a FP for Princesses, with the paper tickets for the same time and did the same thing?

2. .. or what if you got in line for 1 of them at 6:40 and let people pass you? without FP.. but waiting 20 - 30 mins instead of say 40 or 50.. 30 mins later. .. do you think the line for costume Mickey's/ princess/ dwards starts at 7, people wait. early same line same thing.

3. ..or what about using a FP for haunted mantion, for the same thing and heading in at 6:55 knowing at 7.. you would exit and get in photo line..

Intent is the overriding issue in my opinion.

Scenarios 1 and 2 are no different than your original suggestion, since all three--the way I am reading them anyway--appear to have the goal of meeting costumed characters without a party ticket.

As for Scenario 3, I don't understand it. Are you saying everyone who exits HM gets to go in the photo line for the Haunted Carriage PP shot? That's not how it worked for us in the past--they were different queues altogether. Or are you referring to something else?

Anyway as I said above, intent is what matters to me, for whatever that's worth. If I'm misunderstanding your point feel free to correct me.
Old 09-16-2013, 05:39 PM   #13
Itinkso
Faith.Trust.Pixie Dust

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshuaShaw View Post
If you're asking, "Is it sneaky to purposefully juke the system to take advantage, at no additional cost, of things others have paid money for?", then yes, absolutely. Just because you can get away with something, doesn't make it any less shady.
The OP will have party tickets. The PP, Sweetdana, was describing how FP+ may be an advantage to see costumed characters as soon as the party begins with very short waits.

Last year, at around 8:00, we had no wait for Mickey and Minnie. It would be sad to use a FP+ to see them or the Princesses when the OP could have instead joined a relatively short line, prior to the start of the party, for Jack/Sally or the Dwarves.
WDW 6/14 - Off-site; 2/14 - AoA; 12/13 - Off-site; 1/13 - AKL; 10/12 - Pop; 4/12 - Off-site; 11/10 - BWI CL; 8/10 - POR; 7/09 - POFQ; 4/04 - ASMo; 2/97 - CBR ~ DLP 7/2012 ~ DLR - Mother Ship ~ August 6, 2005 - Magical Cruise of the Mexican Riviera ~ Sept. 29, 2012 Fantasy Western Caribbean
Itinkso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 05:59 PM   #14
mesaboy2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itinkso View Post

The OP will have party tickets. The PP, Sweetdana, was describing how FP+ may be an advantage to see costumed characters as soon as the party begins with very short waits.

Last year, at around 8:00, we had no wait for Mickey and Minnie. It would be sad to use a FP+ to see them or the Princesses when the OP could have instead joined a relatively short line, prior to the start of the party, for Jack/Sally or the Dwarves.
Doh, you are correct. I missed the part that sweetdana was advising someone with MNSSHP tickets how to see costumed characters with minimal wait. My apologies to her, and thanks for the clarification. That's pretty smart.
Old 09-16-2013, 08:10 PM   #15
sweetdana
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mesaboy2 View Post
Intent is the overriding issue in my opinion.

Scenarios 1 and 2 are no different than your original suggestion, since all three--the way I am reading them anyway--appear to have the goal of meeting costumed characters without a party ticket.

As for Scenario 3, I don't understand it. Are you saying everyone who exits HM gets to go in the photo line for the Haunted Carriage PP shot? That's not how it worked for us in the past--they were different queues altogether. Or are you referring to something else?

Anyway as I said above, intent is what matters to me, for whatever that's worth. If I'm misunderstanding your point feel free to correct me.
So sorry... I think either you or me is misunderstanding.. if me.. I read she has Party tickets.. I thought OP was other park in the AM AND have MNSSHP tickets and was debating on which park to get FP at.. and my recommendation is to use FP at MK in after noon instead of AM at AK. say get to MK at 3-4 PM..

IF OP does not have party tickets.. THIS WILL NOT WORK. THEY WILL NOT FP or no FP allow anyone to meet costumed char without a ticket/bank

MY Idea WITH PARTY TICKETS! .. is go to the party early and get a FP to a character WITH A TICKET from 6-7.. then go at the last few minutes of FP, and instead of meeting reg .. meet costumed..

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: