Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-12-2013, 08:24 AM   #1
snowwhite84
DIS Veteran

Beach Club vs Yacht?

Hi all!

I am considering adding three nights at either Yacht or Beach Club to our trip. We are staying the first part at CR.

I originally was set on BC, but just browsed some YC photos and thought those rooms looked very pretty. Anybody have a preference?

TIA!

snowwhite84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 08:29 AM   #2
DizneyLizzy
DIS Veteran

Beach and Yacht are my two favorite resorts in all of WDW. They are very similar but there are a few small differences.

1. All of the rooms at YC have full balconies - not all rooms at BC do.

2. BC is a few steps closer to Epcot.

3. YC is a few steps closer to the DHS boat dock.

4. The only "quick service" location (and that's being generous with the term quick service) is the Beach Club Marketplace. It's kind of a hike from most rooms at the YC.

5. There is some convention traffic at the YC. (whether you see this as a plus or a minus, it's something)

6. Both resorts feature lovely, large guest rooms.

7. The Beach Club lobby is more chaotic because of the people waiting to eat at Cape May Cafe.

I really don't think I have a preference. If I knew I wanted to spend time on a balcony in the morning or evening, I could pick Yacht Club. My parents prefer Yacht Club because they think it is slightly more "adult" than the Beach Club. You can't go wrong with either resort!
DizneyLizzy is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-12-2013, 08:35 AM   #3
snowwhite84
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DizneyLizzy View Post
Beach and Yacht are my two favorite resorts in all of WDW. They are very similar but there are a few small differences.

1. All of the rooms at YC have full balconies - not all rooms at BC do.

2. BC is a few steps closer to Epcot.

3. YC is a few steps closer to the DHS boat dock.

4. The only "quick service" location (and that's being generous with the term quick service) is the Beach Club Marketplace. It's kind of a hike from most rooms at the YC.

5. There is some convention traffic at the YC. (whether you see this as a plus or a minus, it's something)

6. Both resorts feature lovely, large guest rooms.

7. The Beach Club lobby is more chaotic because of the people waiting to eat at Cape May Cafe.

I really don't think I have a preference. If I knew I wanted to spend time on a balcony in the morning or evening, I could pick Yacht Club. My parents prefer Yacht Club because they think it is slightly more "adult" than the Beach Club. You can't go wrong with either resort!
Thanks so much

Old 09-12-2013, 08:36 AM   #4
vettegirl
Proud USAF Wife!

I had the same dilemma with chosing between the two and went with the BC. I like the colors there and the theme better, taking my chances on the full balcony, however I doubt we will sit out there anyway. From what everyone says you can't go wrong with either! I will find out in 11 days
Old 09-12-2013, 08:37 AM   #5
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

We chose YC over BC for a few reasons.

1) We really like the decor at YC more
2) We really wanted a full balcony guarantee
3) We liked the quieter feel of the lobby area- BC always seems so hectic to us

Other than that, they share a pool, amenities and location so it just boils down to personal preferences. We really loved YC and the whole Epcot resort area!

PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ • AUG 2014 BC CL
Mousemommy1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 09:51 AM   #6
wdwrich
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mousemommy1 View Post

Other than that, they share a pool, amenities and location so it just boils down to personal preferences. We really loved YC and the whole Epcot resort area!
This!

WDW - 11 visits since 1979 (Polynesian x5, P.O. Riverside x2, Contemporary x2, Yacht Club, Coronado Springs, Shades of Green). Going back in 2015.
DLR - Yearly since 1984 (AP holders)
wdwrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 10:04 AM   #7
goofy4prez
DIS Dads Club Member #484
I hate the Steelers & Ravens like a mother loves a child!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mousemommy1 View Post

Add me too, this as well.

Achieved (6-10-12) and maintaining weight lost goal of 115 LBS.From 267 lbs to 152 lbs
goofy4prez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 10:28 AM   #8
Dis703
DIS Veteran

They really are very similar resorts, but we chose BC mainly because I don't care for the nautical theme of YC. BC is a little closer to Epcot, but not enough to make it a prime reason to choose it over YC. You are guaranteed the full balcony at YC although we made that our only room request at BC and we got it. Of course we hardly ever used it so not sure that will matter for future visits.

Dis703 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 10:35 AM   #9
wiigirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dis703 View Post
They really are very similar resorts, but we chose BC mainly because I don't care for the nautical theme of YC. BC is a little closer to Epcot, but not enough to make it a prime reason to choose it over YC. You are guaranteed the full balcony at YC although we made that our only room request at BC and we got it. Of course we hardly ever used it so not sure that will matter for future visits.
x2
Old 09-12-2013, 11:42 AM   #10
Pakey

I'm not a rookie
I got 2 dogs. I joined the Dis.

Although I prefer the decor and lobby at BC, after two stays there with standing balconies I now only stay at YC. I can deal with the darker decor and depressing lobby as long as I have a balcony to sit outside.

Actually, I like BWI better than both YC and BC.
Pakey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 01:21 PM   #11
Babsy
DIS Veteran

I love the BC decor and the lobby is beautiful as well. It feels a bit brighter and friendlier than the YC perhaps. We have had the smaller balconies on some visits and thought they were fine at the time. We were very busy in Epcot/DHS and weren't spending a lot of time in the room. On other visits we requested full balcony and received our request. It really wasn't a deal breaker for us.

That said, we have also stayed at the YC and like it fine there as well. It feels a bit more 'formal' in atmosphere than the BC, which can be positive or not depending on personal preferences.

It kind of feels like the CR (like YC), Poly (like BC) and GF (like BWI) in the MK area to me.
Babsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 04:27 PM   #12
VickieMouse
Mouseketeer

We were faced with this same decision this summer. We chose the YC and loved it there! We did visit the BC, and it is also wonderful. We wanted YC for the full balcony and ended up with the first floor (even though we requested a higher floor). We loved the first floor. Our room was in a great location, and we loved the patio. Loved SAB... Perfect for our family.

It's funny how we spent hours trying to decide, but the moment we got off DME it didn't matter and it wouldn't have mattered either way. We were just so happy to be at Disney. So... I say make the best decision for you and stick to it. That area is great, and I am sure you will explore so where you rest your head won't matter.

The only problem is now we never want to stay anywhere else. It really was a perfect vacation.

Have a great time.
VickieMouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 10:34 PM   #13
snowwhite84
DIS Veteran

Question--if I stay at Yacht Club, where can I fill up my refillable mug?

Old 09-13-2013, 05:10 AM   #14
HubbDave
Remember, no matter where you go, there you are - BB
I do love pics of defunct and abandoned Parks

BC Marketplace, Hurricane Hannah's, and I think the Ale & Compass lounge
Old 09-13-2013, 08:33 AM   #15
bakerworld
DIS Veteran

We prefer the YC - like the quiet and darker colors. I like the selection in the gift store better than BC. If you can't find a popular item in the BC gift store it's usually in stock at the YC store. In the morning the lobby bar becomes a coffee QS. The hallways amuse me how they go 'wave' like your on the water.

AKL 2008, BLT 2009, BCV 2013
bakerworld is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: