Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-11-2013, 12:53 PM   #1
familyatdisney
Mouseketeer

Online Check-in

I am 66 days out. I booked 3 rooms at CSR for my family. I have all rooms linked on my MDE and all reservations show up under my MDE. Two of the rooms are under different names (My Dad's and Brother's names).

Will I be able to do online check-in at 60 days for all rooms or will my Dad and brother need to create their own MDE account and do online check-in.

I am basically running the entire trip and doing all the planning. Neither have an MDE account at this time.
familyatdisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 05:31 PM   #2
cyndiella
Bruiser knits, Killer sews, Fang does little puppet shows

Quote:
Originally Posted by familyatdisney View Post
I am 66 days out. I booked 3 rooms at CSR for my family. I have all rooms linked on my MDE and all reservations show up under my MDE. Two of the rooms are under different names (My Dad's and Brother's names).

Will I be able to do online check-in at 60 days for all rooms or will my Dad and brother need to create their own MDE account and do online check-in.

I am basically running the entire trip and doing all the planning. Neither have an MDE account at this time.
My opinion: If your email is on all ressies and all are linked to your MDE then sure you can 'check in' for them. You will have to register a CC with the resort at check in for all rooms. Try it!
Register to remove

Old 09-11-2013, 06:28 PM   #3
mmouse50
DIS Veteran

sort of the same question...

My son and I are going - we have 2 rooms and 2 email addresses - I have an MDE account he doesn't but the reservation says travel with and I have his family all linked on my MDE account. Can I do the check in for myself and where the requests go - just put in to be close to his name - reservation XYZ?

I really want to do online check in but I don't want to hold up the line if we don't get rooms close to each other.
mmouse50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 03:51 PM   #4
cyndiella

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmouse50 View Post
sort of the same question...

My son and I are going - we have 2 rooms and 2 email addresses - I have an MDE account he doesn't but the reservation says travel with and I have his family all linked on my MDE account. Can I do the check in for myself and where the requests go - just put in to be close to his name - reservation XYZ?

I really want to do online check in but I don't want to hold up the line if we don't get rooms close to each other.
I would try to check him in as well.. Shouldn't be difficult especially if your ressies are linked.. room assignments - same floor/same building pretty much follow when ressies are linked. You have opportunity when you check in online to list 1 or 2 preferences. Make close together your 1st preferences if you can... Also, when you get to the resort, don't be afraid to ask for that again. They will change room assignments right there at the front desk - especially if you ask nice!
Depends on the resort but you can even ask about connecting rooms.. if you want that..
I have done both these.. online checkin for family and asked for different room at front desk with no problems. Just takes a few minutes and there are several CM at the front desk ready to help so you won't be holding anyone up.
Old 09-12-2013, 05:55 PM   #5
mmouse50
DIS Veteran

Do you know if I will need his credit card number for charging privileges or can we do that at the hotel?
Old 09-12-2013, 06:46 PM   #6
cyndiella

Quote:
Do you know if I will need his credit card number for charging privileges or can we do that at the hotel?
You will need a CC at online check in.. You can just use yours and then when you get there change to his.. unless you trust him with your CC....
Old 09-12-2013, 06:56 PM   #7
mmouse50
DIS Veteran

Thank you so much for the info. I am the Disney freak - he is just humoring me because of the grandkids - so I take care of all the details. But I have never done the online check in.
Old 09-13-2013, 05:20 AM   #8
cyndiella

Quote:
Thank you so much for the info. I am the Disney freak - he is just humoring me because of the grandkids - so I take care of all the details. But I have never done the online check in.
you are welcome.. It's really very easy. Have a great time with the g-kids!!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: