Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > UK Trip Reports Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-22-2013, 04:07 AM   #1
westgrove
Mouseketeer

Madam Mim's New Halloween/F&W/3rd Anniversary PTR!

Some of you may have seen a PTR I started a while back and since then our plans have changed so much that I decided to start a fresh...

Who: Me & DH
When: 28 Sep - 12 Oct '13
Where: CSR and last 2 nights at AoA
How: ...I don't know yet! No flights booked and I'm already in DD!

__________________________________________________ ___

ME:
Age - 26
Trip to WDW No. - 2
Favourite Character - Ursula
WDW Parks in preference order (Best first) - MK, EPCOT, AK, HS
Favourite Ride - Splash Mountain
One thing to do again which we did last time - Water Parks
One thing to do we missed last time - Fantasmic
MNSSHP Costume - Mad, Mad, Mad Madam Mim!

DH:
Age - 31
Trip to WDW No. - 4
Favourite Character - Thomas O'Malley
WDW Parks in preference order (Best first) - MK, AK, HS, EPCOT
Favourite Ride: Splash Mountain
One thing to do again which we did last time - Go on splashmountain...!
One thing to do we missed last time - Space mountain
MNSSHP Costume - Pirate
westgrove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 11:00 AM   #2
westgrove
Mouseketeer

Today I've had a lovely relaxed day and just got back from the cinema with DH. We watched Monsters University and as Monsters Inc is DH's favourite Pixar film we were in anticipation. We both really enjoyed it and now I feel like my Disney levels have been topped up so I am doing an update on the PTR.

Hotels : As previously stated we're having 12 nights at CSR. We stayed here last May and we just completely fell in love!!! the pools are really great. It was never too busy anywhere, we like Mexican theming and food so the general dιcor etc really appealed to us and the bus services were fab too. We'd like to try another moderate but we just can't imagine any being as good! We stayed in the Cabanas section last time and I've requested this area again. If we don't get in I'll go in Ranchos as even though it's further away I like the theming much better than Casitas. I know a lot of people like it but it looked very large and quite bland compared to the other two areas.

The last 2 nights are at AoA in a Little Mermaid room!!! We booked 12 nights at CSR thinking we'd spend 9-10 days in Canada first. Now our 2 weeks is in Orlando and instead of paying to add nights to CSR I decided we'd try somewhere else. This was easier on the pocket and as you may be able to tell from my signature picture happens to be possibly my favourite Disney film (perhaps top 3 anyway) but certainly my favourite villain by far!!! I think the rooms look really cute and I'll enjoy being somewhere a bit more overtly Disney themed compared to CSR.

Free Dining : we have standard dining for our stay at CSR only

Park Tickets : ultimate pass for Disney, 2 day park hopper with transfers for Universal, 1 day 1 park Seaworld

Extras : MNSSHP, Penguin encounter at SeaWorld and the only other thing which I haven't booked yet is I'd like to the a mixology seminar at the F&W festival

Last edited by westgrove; 01-03-2014 at 11:26 AM.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-15-2013, 03:15 PM   #3
Tinkerbell1989
DIS Veteran

Wow your trip is really coming together now... you will love Food & Wine, I wish we'd looked into it more and done a class. And yay for CSR! X

2013's Big Celebration Christmas Trip 'Finally got my own way!'...October 2012 TR Playing 'I Spy' in Disney... December 2010 TR Our Youtube Channel

DLRP August 2004 DLRP June 2008

WDW October 2000 WDW April 2003 WDW December 2006 WDW December 2010 WDW CSR October 2012 WDW December 2013
Tinkerbell1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 12:57 PM   #4
Sarah28
DIS Veteran

Yay for MNSSHP, you will love it. We had such a great time, would go back in October in a flash. And yay for AoA! Looking forward to hearing your review there - think I may be tempted by the nemo theme on another trip!

WDW: April 1999: Port Orleans French Quarter • October 2011 (Halloween & MNSSHP): All Star Music - Engaged in the Haunted Mansion! - Read this TR here!
• August 2013: Old Key West Read this PTR here!

DLRP: Oct 2005 (Halloween trip!): Santa Fe • May 2006: Santa Fe • February 2007: Santa Fe • December 2007 (Christmas trip!): Santa Fe • October 2008 (Halloween trip!): offsite
• February 2010: offsite • November 2010 (Christmas trip!): offsite • February 2012: offsite • June 2012: offsite • October 2012 (Halloween trip!): offsite • June 2012: offsite • July 2013: offsite • April 2014: Magic Circus
Sarah28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 01:03 PM   #5
wiigirl
DIS Veteran

Following along.
Old 07-27-2013, 03:02 PM   #6
westgrove
Mouseketeer

T-63 days!!!

When we went to WDW last year we hardly planned at all, however, this time I think that the price to pay for having TS meals is having to plan thoroughly.

As it happens this is right down my street... and what I soon realised is that there is so much to consider!
-I wanted to avoid were going to the same park or resort too close together
-Avoid having similar types/styles of food on consecutive days
-If I'm in this park on this day for dinner do I think I'll want an early or late ADR?
-Which days do I leave ADR free for going to malls or other parks?
-Avoid booking early breakfast ADR if I think there's a good chance of heavy drinking!
etc
etc!!!

So the 'final' ADR list looks like this (with comments reasons for choosing):

Day 1 - none
Day 2 - Via Napoli Dinner (l've read great things about the pizza here and really fell for the great looking ovens!!!)
Day 3 - Yak and Yeti Late Lunch (Had the CS version of this and it was completely delicious). Sci-Fi Dinner (Picnic burger for us both I think and even if the food reviews were awful the theming can not be ignored- hope we get in a car!)
Day 4 - Le Cellier Dinner (I once saw a photo of the mushroom risotto and steak and since then this has been a must)
Day 5 - none
Day 6 - 50s prime Time Cafι Dinner (for DH one item was all that need be mentioned to make this a must- peanutbutter jelly milkshake)
Day 7 - House of Blues Dinner (I purposely wanted to try a non-Disney restaurant and I remember last year DH was curious so we looked up the menu and here it is - plus being a fri night this will be perfect for an evening drinky or two after)
Day 8 - Biergarten Dinner (we did this as our only ADR last year and both liked it. Sadly we were sat with a family of 6 last time who whilst polite provided no opportunity for interaction so hoping for a fun table this time)
Day 9 - O'hana Dinner (What can I say - I'm a tiki lover at heart and not only think the set menu looks super but also think this is one of the more appropriate of our ADR locations for our third wedding anniversary dinner - VERY excited for this one - bring on the lapu-lapus!)
Day 10 - Maya Grill Dinner (as we're staying at CSR this was an easy choice)
Day 11 - Be Our Guest Dinner (I got this ADR straight away because they're so hard to get. We'll go for lunch too and honestly I think I'll prefer the lunch menu but it seems silly to cancel when they're so hard to come by)
Day 12 - none
Day 13 - Tusker House Breakfast (There is no buffet breakfast at CSR anymore and it also means characters and an early start for the animals)
Day 14 - Kona Cafι Breakfast (To satisfy my tonga toast curiosity)
Day 15 - none
Old 07-27-2013, 03:38 PM   #7
westgrove
Mouseketeer

Day 1

Getting off the plane (hopefully around 3pm) - I'm always a little convinced that I am boarding an ill fated flight so the relief that I'll live to see another day is palpable! Also, last time the weather was rubbish our first two days so I'm hoping to experience the famed wall of heat on arrival.

Next...

Magical Express (Resort Buses) - I love (though toward the holiday end do get slightly sick of) the buses and particularly the announcements... I'm sure we're not the only ones to joke around with each other when you're told to 'take small children by the hand' - even if in reality it isn't all that funny - we are of course like excitable little kids all the time!

Then...

Getting to the resort and settling into our new home for the next 12 days. I cannot say how much I adore this resort.
If we could I'd like to try Wilderness lodge and Poly, DH would go for AK. However, the Mexican theming is something we both like, the pool looks fab and the hot tub is nice after a big day. We like the food too! We stayed in Cabanas section last time and every time I call with a query I check they have a note with our request.
Looking forward to evenings on a hammock with a lovely fruity drink and looking at the stars through palm leaves

After dropping our stuff we'll go straight out on a bus to...

Downtown Disney - here we'll either have a CS dinner at Wolfgang puck express or Earl of Sandwich. Probably WGP where I guarantee now that DH will have the meatloaf

(something you'll notice when I do my TR is that in every picture DH has already started diving in to his before I can take it!!! )

We'll take a stroll down to the other end whilst spending a husband-irritating amount of time in World of Disney.
Maybe buy a few treats from Goofy Candy Co to keep in our room.
I think my favourite is cake pops but crispy treats are a very close second!

After staying out later than advisable considering the long journey and plan to get up super early the next day we'll go back to our room and more than likely watch a bit of American TV before bed

Old 08-01-2013, 10:24 AM   #8
westgrove
Mouseketeer

I'm going to Disney World next month!!!!

Feels fantastic- it is the very end of the month but that's incidental
Old 08-01-2013, 12:29 PM   #9
Laurafoster
DIS Veteran

Eeek! It will soon fly past. We go just before you
Old 08-04-2013, 02:53 AM   #10
westgrove
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laurafoster
Eeek! It will soon fly past. We go just before you
I saw! You must be super excited too! It suddenly feels like its coming quickly

I have most clothes etc arranged in my head that I'll be packing but might post soon with my recent purchases
Old 08-04-2013, 05:14 AM   #11
westgrove
Mouseketeer

I've been writing my packing list already!
I try to take a week or so of clothes and do washes whist we're on hol (and buy new clothes!)
I generally wear dresses - usually with leggings under but not always, or 3/4 jeans/trousers with tshirts etc
I haven't bought any new clothes specifically because I hate having a 'holiday wardrobe' that I don't use the rest of the time so makes sure I buy things I'll wear at home too. But I have bought two new swimsuits.

Last edited by westgrove; 01-03-2014 at 11:31 AM.
Old 08-11-2013, 04:24 AM   #12
westgrove
Mouseketeer

Plans for Day 2

Coronado Springs Pepper market Breakfast - we wish that the pepper market still did the buffet breakfast which we enjoyed thoroughly - the a la carte menu still looks pretty good though

MK - we'll arrive at MK for my first ever drop rope!!!
I'm really excited to see the new fanstasyland and I'm hoping to get lunch at BOG.
I hope we get to reserve a lunch as I'm worried what the queue will be like on a Sunday.
I also really hope we get magic bands as we never use fast passes normally (I think we used 3 each in a fortnight last time) so to be able to reserve in advance would be great for us.

I'm not sure what we'll do in the afternoon but in the evening we'll go to...

Epcot - I love the world showcase, I'm looking forward to having a really good mooch around all the countries again but this evening we'll be heading for an ADR in Italy at Via Napoli

Plans for Day 3

AK - It's EMH so we'll get there for opening time and head straight for the safari I think as DH is always jokes that he's worried that other guests will 'use up all the animals'. He loves animals and gets very impatient about having to wait to see them! We'll stay in AK all morning and have a late lunch at Yak and Yeti where we have an ADR. I'm going to pay oop for pot stickers - yum!!!

Again I'm unclear on what we do on the afternoon - we might get a cab to Walmart if we have time.

HS - in the evening we have an ADR at Sci-Fi Drive In where I believe I'll get the picnic burger and some delicious 'adult' drinkies.
Old 08-11-2013, 02:16 PM   #13
Sarah28
DIS Veteran

I love all your clothes Laura, I think we have the same sorta style and taste look forward to reading more

WDW: April 1999: Port Orleans French Quarter • October 2011 (Halloween & MNSSHP): All Star Music - Engaged in the Haunted Mansion! - Read this TR here!
• August 2013: Old Key West Read this PTR here!

DLRP: Oct 2005 (Halloween trip!): Santa Fe • May 2006: Santa Fe • February 2007: Santa Fe • December 2007 (Christmas trip!): Santa Fe • October 2008 (Halloween trip!): offsite
• February 2010: offsite • November 2010 (Christmas trip!): offsite • February 2012: offsite • June 2012: offsite • October 2012 (Halloween trip!): offsite • June 2012: offsite • July 2013: offsite • April 2014: Magic Circus
Sarah28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 02:18 PM   #14
irongirlof12
Am I the only one who loves Quorn Sausages?
I would love to be at Ghiradelli's ice cream parlour with a massive choc sundae

Love the clothes you have planned , dining choices are al good, we have stayed at CSR and loved the food court, also ate at maya grill and enjoyed it, some reports aren't great but we like it well enough. your plans sound great
Old 08-26-2013, 03:49 AM   #15
westgrove
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by irongirlof12 View Post
Love the clothes you have planned , dining choices are al good, we have stayed at CSR and loved the food court, also ate at maya grill and enjoyed it, some reports aren't great but we like it well enough. your plans sound great
I've read mixed reviews about Maya Grill, however, there are also very few reviews around. It looked nice when we were there last time but the opportunity just didn't come up so I'm looking forward to it

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: