Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-11-2013, 09:37 AM   #1
tkbbmom
Mouseketeer

Bounceback ? and resort selection

We are going in Nov. -- w/ 2 rooms at POR. If I'm understanding the posts on Bounceback offers we would be able to book 2 rooms again for whatever the time frame of the offers. If there are only two adults for this trip and the rest are children we wouldn't be able to book 3 rooms -- correct? Wondering if I could do 3 rooms and include our oldest ds and his gf even if they aren't w/ us on this trip.

Is the bounceback offer only to come back to the same resort or could we book a different resort for next time?

If we can book a different resort -- would you do one room at BC if we stay a party of 5 or would you do 2 rooms at POR like we have this year? I guess technically we would be 3 adults and 2 kids (16 & 11 next year) for next year since our dd is 17 now.
Old 09-11-2013, 09:42 AM   #2
Amanda999
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkbbmom View Post
We are going in Nov. -- w/ 2 rooms at POR. If I'm understanding the posts on Bounceback offers we would be able to book 2 rooms again for whatever the time frame of the offers. If there are only two adults for this trip and the rest are children we wouldn't be able to book 3 rooms -- correct? Wondering if I could do 3 rooms and include our oldest ds and his gf even if they aren't w/ us on this trip.

Is the bounceback offer only to come back to the same resort or could we book a different resort for next time?

If we can book a different resort -- would you do one room at BC if we stay a party of 5 or would you do 2 rooms at POR like we have this year? I guess technically we would be 3 adults and 2 kids (16 & 11 next year) for next year since our dd is 17 now.
Hi - each adult currently staying at a Disney resort can book 2 bounceback rooms. So, if 2 adults are there, you can book 4 bounceback rooms total. I've done it (in 2012, for August and Nov. 2013). I think each adult has to be 18 - my kids are far from that so I've never needed to see if 17 qualifies. My dim memory is that its 18 to book a bounceback.

You can book a different resort than the one you are staying at.

Your other question I'll leave for others - lots of personal preference there (do you value walking to Epcot/HS > 2 rooms for 5 people?).

HTH!
Amanda999 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-11-2013, 11:39 AM   #3
snykymom
Still tagless after all these years

Quote:
Remember that if your dd is 18 when you check into BC (if you're not staying at a villa), you will pay an additional $25/night for her as an extra adult in the room. Disney doesn't care that she's your daughter; only that she's a legal adult.

If you have two rooms at POR, with 2 adults in one room and 1 in the other, then you don't have that extra charge.
Old 09-11-2013, 02:38 PM   #4
mm1971
DIS Veteran

Quote:

According to the information I have, each adult can book 2 bounce back rooms so you can certainly book 3 between both adults.

The offer will be for certain resorts, but it does not need to be the one you are staying at. Some resorts have restrictions or may be sold out of rooms for that offer depending on the date you want to book.

What room you book depends on if you want to be all together or not. I would say having 2 rooms provides more room for everyone. Having 2 bathrooms vs. 1 would be a big plus for us. I would suggest you run the numbers and see what fits best into your budget.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: