Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 09-10-2013, 08:59 PM   #1
OurLittleFamily
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Northern Virginia
Posts: 84

how early is bell service open?

DH is staying at Pop Century for a few days during marathon week while he runs. DD and I will be meeting him there and we'll be switching over to POR. How early can DH take his luggage to bell service to be transferred over to POR?

He will need to leave for the race very very early in the AM on Saturday and we're not sure he can make it back to Pop before check out time (And I was told we can't be guaranteed a late check out) If bell service isn't available that early, we may need to all stay at Pop an extra day so we can transfer the luggage the next day when I can transfer it and he can run the next race on Sunday.

Any other ideas of how to transfer the luggage himself while needing to run the race that morning?

Thanks!!
OurLittleFamily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 09:07 PM   #2
Deb & Bill
DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention
 
Deb & Bill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2000
Location: USA
Posts: 44,648

Quote:
Originally Posted by OurLittleFamily View Post
DH is staying at Pop Century for a few days during marathon week while he runs. DD and I will be meeting him there and we'll be switching over to POR. How early can DH take his luggage to bell service to be transferred over to POR?

He will need to leave for the race very very early in the AM on Saturday and we're not sure he can make it back to Pop before check out time (And I was told we can't be guaranteed a late check out) If bell service isn't available that early, we may need to all stay at Pop an extra day so we can transfer the luggage the next day when I can transfer it and he can run the next race on Sunday.

Any other ideas of how to transfer the luggage himself while needing to run the race that morning?

Thanks!!
He'll need to leave for the race no later than 3:30AM. He should be able to bring his stuff to Bell Services before he has to leave and they should be able to transfer it over to his new resort. Unless you have a car and you can have them hold it at Pop and then pick it up as soon as you can.

What is he going to do after the race to clean up if he doesn't have a room anymore? How fast is he? Any chance he'll be done before 8:30 (that about three hours to complete the race)?

He may want to keep the room for one more night so he has it to clean up after the race and maybe rest a little.
__________________
Deb - DVC Member since '97
OKW and VWL Homes

Stop the madness. No more DVC construction.
Bring back Vacation Magic. Dump Disney Files!
Stopped drinking the Kool-aid long ago.
Deb & Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 09-10-2013, 09:10 PM   #3
dansdad
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: 1,209 miles from CBR.
Posts: 6,144

I have had Bell Services come pick up my luggage at CBR as early as 5:15AM for an early ME pickup. I did not ask how early they were open, just asked if they could come get mine at 5:15 and they said no problem.
__________________
ME DW DS12
dansdad is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 09:19 PM   #4
OurLittleFamily
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Northern Virginia
Posts: 84

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb & Bill View Post
He'll need to leave for the race no later than 3:30AM. He should be able to bring his stuff to Bell Services before he has to leave and they should be able to transfer it over to his new resort. Unless you have a car and you can have them hold it at Pop and then pick it up as soon as you can.

What is he going to do after the race to clean up if he doesn't have a room anymore? How fast is he? Any chance he'll be done before 8:30 (that about three hours to complete the race)?

He may want to keep the room for one more night so he has it to clean up after the race and maybe rest a little.
He should be done in under 1:45 (this is for the half marathon) Last year it seemed to take a while to get back to our resort after the races but we can't remember what time he started and what time we got back to the resort. We were hoping he could drop the luggage off before he left in the AM to be transferred but not actually check out of Pop. Then if he got back in time, he could shower, rest, etc. before checking out. In case he wasn't back in time, at least the luggage would be taken care of and the room empty.
OurLittleFamily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 09:53 PM   #5
RoosMama
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 177

What time were you given for check out? My mom and I ran the princess half last year and after the race went back (to por), had time to shower, relax, and eat lunch before checking out. And we were in the last corral bc this was our first race. We were back to por by 9 or so.
__________________
yearoflivingdisney.wordpress.com: A mother-daughter quest to find out whether it just might be possible to have too much Disney.
RoosMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 05:52 AM   #6
Terpgirl79
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 111

I believe 5am.
Terpgirl79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 06:56 AM   #7
OurLittleFamily
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Northern Virginia
Posts: 84

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoosMama View Post
What time were you given for check out? My mom and I ran the princess half last year and after the race went back (to por), had time to shower, relax, and eat lunch before checking out. And we were in the last corral bc this was our first race. We were back to por by 9 or so.
I believe they said 11 for check out but I'd have to double check. If so, it sounds like he should be able to make it back in time.

Thanks!
OurLittleFamily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 11:18 AM   #8
lanejudy
Moderator
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 4,813
DISboards Moderator

Is there anything in that luggage the he'll NEED after the race? Having WDW transfer luggage doesn't move it immediately, and it could be mid-afternoon before he has access to the luggage at the 2nd resort. He could shower and clean up at the pool area showers at POR - but he won't necessarily have his luggage yet.

Good luck in the race and enjoy your vacation!
lanejudy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 12:24 PM   #9
bumbershoot
DIS Veteran
 
bumbershoot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Tacoma WA
Posts: 45,278

They are open at all hours. They just might be snoozing in the back. (they had to go find the guy for me when we checked in after 1am)


I'm doing the Half and since I messed up with my hotel booking I have to move that day, too. I do have another adult in the room, but she's just to be there with my son, not to move my stuff. But I figure I'll be back before 11; I really really kinda have to be so I can shower.

I'll likely leave all big bags with BS the day before, but just to hold. If you have them move it, you won't see them until AFTER official checkin time the next day. Then I'll just have my aunt watch my carryon stuff that will have my post-race stuff.

If I were alone, I might drop my carryon stuff with BS on my way out to the race, but leave a "do not disturb" sign on my door. That way if I'm back in time, I can grab my stuff and use my room. If I'm not for some reason, housekeeping isn't dealing with my bags.
__________________
-molly + robert + eamon (10!!)

DLR '05-'09 found within this link
DLR 7,9,12 2012 Universal Feb '12 DLR Dec '11 and Feb '12

Made weight goal 1yr8m8days after starting...currently working to maintain 85 lb loss thanks to Weight Watchers!
bumbershoot is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 12:50 PM   #10
MouseMomx2
DIS Veteran
 
MouseMomx2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 5,287

Yes, Bell Services is definitely open 24 hours.

Perhaps the previous poster was thinking about airport luggage check in. That opens at 5am.
MouseMomx2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 01:03 PM   #11
Sandi
A proud Spartans fan!
 
Sandi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 1999
Location: East Lansing, Michigan USA
Posts: 5,314

At the Values, it's not really Bell Services. OP's DH is staying at Pop. They have Luggage Assistance, but they will not come pick up his luggage 24/7. He can, however, drop it with Luggage Assistance or the front desk CM at anytime and they will arrange for the transfer to the new resort. As someone else mentioned, however, he likely won't see the luggage at the new resort until late afternoon.
__________________
Have a Disney Day! -Sandi

Sandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 01:36 PM   #12
OurLittleFamily
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Northern Virginia
Posts: 84

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandi View Post
At the Values, it's not really Bell Services. OP's DH is staying at Pop. They have Luggage Assistance, but they will not come pick up his luggage 24/7. He can, however, drop it with Luggage Assistance or the front desk CM at anytime and they will arrange for the transfer to the new resort. As someone else mentioned, however, he likely won't see the luggage at the new resort until late afternoon.
Thank you for correcting the term for me...that should help get correct responses for me. We've never stayed at a value so I'm not as familiar.

I suppose it's Luggage Assistance we're looking for. DH is happy to take it there, we're not looking for anyone to pick it up from the room. We just want to make sure there is somewhere he can drop it off at 3:30 in the morning in order for it to be transferred.

There isn't anything he will need if he can't get to it after the race. We do know it can take all day to be transferred to our next resort and that is fine.

Thanks again for all of the help!!
OurLittleFamily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 03:51 PM   #13
Sandi
A proud Spartans fan!
 
Sandi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 1999
Location: East Lansing, Michigan USA
Posts: 5,314

Quote:
Originally Posted by OurLittleFamily View Post
Thank you for correcting the term for me...that should help get correct responses for me. We've never stayed at a value so I'm not as familiar.

I suppose it's Luggage Assistance we're looking for. DH is happy to take it there, we're not looking for anyone to pick it up from the room. We just want to make sure there is somewhere he can drop it off at 3:30 in the morning in order for it to be transferred.

There isn't anything he will need if he can't get to it after the race. We do know it can take all day to be transferred to our next resort and that is fine.

Thanks again for all of the help!!
Yup, he will be fine. I tried to address this in the Pop thread, too, but I think your question got lost in the countdowns.
__________________
Have a Disney Day! -Sandi

Sandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:24 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.