Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-10-2013, 12:25 PM   #1
cracknap
Earning My Ears

Day Parking at Resort for Dinner Reservation

I'm staying at a Disney property (Animal Kingdom Villas), and one of our days we'll be spending at MK but have dinner reservations at Whispering Canyon in Wilderness Lodge. I'm wondering if there is any way to park at Wilderness Lodge in the morning so that our car will be there at the end of the day? From the quote below, perhaps not?

If that doesn't work, any suggestions? Can we pay valet at Wilderness Lodge for the day? Are there better transportation options from Animal Kingdom Villas to MK in morning, to Wilderness Lodge for dinner, and back to Animal Kingdom Villas? I'm not familiar with the best/fastest transport options between these locations via ferry, bus, monorail. Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
If you are staying on Disney property and have a car, you will get a parking pass. This parking pass is good for the length of your stay and enables you to park in all of the parks for free--there is no charge. You can park at the hotels if you have reservations for a meal, want to shop or just look around. HOWEVER, you can only park there for three hours; you cannot leave your car there for the day and go to one of the parks from there if that is not your home resort.
cracknap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 12:42 PM   #2
laceyinwonderland
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cracknap View Post
I'm staying at a Disney property (Animal Kingdom Villas), and one of our days we'll be spending at MK but have dinner reservations at Whispering Canyon in Wilderness Lodge. I'm wondering if there is any way to park at Wilderness Lodge in the morning so that our car will be there at the end of the day? From the quote below, perhaps not?

If that doesn't work, any suggestions? Can we pay valet at Wilderness Lodge for the day? Are there better transportation options from Animal Kingdom Villas to MK in morning, to Wilderness Lodge for dinner, and back to Animal Kingdom Villas? I'm not familiar with the best/fastest transport options between these locations via ferry, bus, monorail. Thank you!
Ive read on here that if you pay for Valet at the resort, you can park there all day. We will be doing this for our stay at Pop in Nov. We have an early breakfast adr at 1900 PF. I think aprox $15 will be well worth leaving our car there all day vs. having to go back and forth or trust disney transport to get us to the adr on time. However, Im interested to see what everyone else says!! Im open to other options too!
Dec 2011 POP
Nov 2013 AOA/POP

June 2014 offsite/AKV Happy Bday to ME!
Sept 2014 POFQ
laceyinwonderland is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-10-2013, 01:17 PM   #3
mommyrosa2
DIS Veteran

If you have an ADR at a resort and pay to valet you should be fine BUT be prepared to show security your reservation number if they ask (and they sometimes do especially during a busy time). I have heard from some folks here on the DIS that you may be turned away during busier times in the year but we've never had an issue when valet parking for an ADR but then again, we weren't leaving our car there for an entire day either.

mommyrosa2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 01:46 PM   #4
cracknap
Earning My Ears

Thank you for the responses! It would have been nice not to pay valet, but it's more important for me to make sure that we have a way to park at the resort where we're having dinner that night. We do have an ADR. Thanks!
Old 09-10-2013, 03:32 PM   #5
Deb & Bill
DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention

Quote:
Thank you for the responses! It would have been nice not to pay valet, but it's more important for me to make sure that we have a way to park at the resort where we're having dinner that night. We do have an ADR. Thanks!
Without valet parking, you probably will only be allowed to park at WL for three hours.

Stop the madness. No more DVC construction.
Bring back Vacation Magic. Dump Disney Files!
Stopped drinking the Kool-aid long ago.
Deb & Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 03:39 PM   #6
cracknap
Earning My Ears

Thank you, 'Deb & Bill'. Would you think that with valet parking and an ADR, we can park all day? I appreciate the insights!
Old 09-10-2013, 03:43 PM   #7
lbv7
Mouseketeer

Went to the WL three times my last trip to WDW.
Didn't have any dinner reservations, told the guard I wanted to "look around" and didn't valet park.
Showed him my kttw card and my BW parking pass - both times were told "have a good time". Was never given a 3 hour pass, and don't think that any of the resorts use these anymore, particularly if you are a WDW resort guest.
lbv7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 04:28 PM   #8
Tikicristi
Earning My Ears

Two years ago we parked at Poly all day after a breakfast reservation at Ohana...didn't get back to car till late evening, and it was pouring rain for 2 days straight, so it was really nice to be able to do so. We did not have a problem at all, no one checked anything - DH asked that morning and valet said it was fine to park there all day - there was a particular area we had to park in but it was very convenient. Not sure if they do at other resorts but that was our experience.
Tikicristi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 04:30 PM   #9
LibertyTree
Earning My Ears

We always book dinners in different resorts just to get a feel for them. We've never had a problem parking at any of them, even the crowded ones like Grand Floridian or the Poly or the YC. We've never even been asked for proof of our reservation. And we never were given any time limit.
2010 ~ Coronado Springs
2011 ~ Port Orleans Riverside
2013 ~ Animal Kingdom Lodge
LibertyTree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 04:31 PM   #10
kellylfitz
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Thank you, 'Deb & Bill'. Would you think that with valet parking and an ADR, we can park all day? I appreciate the insights!
With valet parking, you can do whatever you want. The valet does not care how long you leave the car. The policy for parking in the resorts lots themselves is three hours with an ADR or if you are staying at the resort.
kellylfitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 09:06 PM   #11
malorieg86
Earning My Ears

Does this hold true if you are not staying at a Disney resort?? We are staying offsite the night before our Disney cruise, but we are having dinner at O'hana that evening and will be driving to Poly from our resort. Is there a charge for parking for people with ADR??

malorieg86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 09:15 PM   #12
kmb584
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by malorieg86 View Post
Does this hold true if you are not staying at a Disney resort?? We are staying offsite the night before our Disney cruise, but we are having dinner at O'hana that evening and will be driving to Poly from our resort. Is there a charge for parking for people with ADR??
Off-site guests are allowed to park at the resorts. Self-parking is free and valid for 3 hours whereas valet is $15/day.

Me (30) DD (5)
"It's kind of fun to do the impossible." - Walt Disney
kmb584 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 09:15 AM   #13
aaarcher86
DIS Veteran

Guards don't give a pass for 3 hours, at least, I've never received one. They'll be able to see that you DON'T have a parking pass for the resort. There are signs around the resort with the parking limits.

It's entirely possible you could park at the resort without paying and nothing would happen. However, it's also possible they could tow your vehicle. There's been plenty of vehicles towed in the past.

The rule at Disney is there is a 3 hour parking window at the resorts you aren't residing at. You can park with valet for $15 for the whole day. What you decide to do is up to you, but it'd put a pretty bad damper on my vacation to come back to a towed vehicle if they happened to be going through the lot that day.
Old 01-28-2014, 10:18 AM   #14
Deb & Bill
DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention

With the construction at the Polynesian, I think they are using part of the parking lot for that. So there might be less parking for non-resort patrons. They might tell you to park at the TTC parking lot or valet park.

Stop the madness. No more DVC construction.
Bring back Vacation Magic. Dump Disney Files!
Stopped drinking the Kool-aid long ago.
Deb & Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 11:17 AM   #15
ParrotBill
A parrot's life for me
Stalked by a little Einstein

When you have a Disney parking pass from another resort, we've never had a problem visiting most other resorts to "look around" or go get a meal at the counter service restaurant.

The only ones that we've been asked for an ADR # or given a 3 hour limit are the two with known parking limits... the Contemporary and the Polynesian.

We do this a lot ... with and without ADRs at the hotel.

BWV and OKW DVC since 1996, 40+ WDW, 2 DL, 1 DLP visits

ParrotBill is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: