Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-10-2013, 09:30 AM   #1
Raya
Mouseketeer

Is this rate possible? if so how? (BC/YC 10/2014)

A friend asked my advice about a trip next Columbus day weekend, arrive Friday, 10/10/14 and leave Monday, 10/13/14. He wants to stay at the YC or BC.

Here's the question I can't answer: Can he get a room in either hotel for 'around $250 a night'? He's willing to go to $300. And no, he doesn't want to stay anywhere else. The only advice I have for him is to book now and watch for discounts next July/August. But I don't know if those hotels ever go that low. If that rate is even possible, how would you get it?
Raya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 09:45 AM   #2
aaarcher86
DIS Veteran

I think getting a room that low at those resorts on a holiday weekend is super slim. Just looking briefly the lagoon view at yacht was pricing around $600/night. Standard and garden view weren't showing available. I think he'll need to consider other options, possibly Swan and Dolphin?

Expedia or the like might have deeper discounts on the rooms as it gets closer, but I still don't think they'll be in budget for him.
Register to remove

Old 09-10-2013, 09:46 AM   #3
jimandami
DIS Veteran

I'm going to say no. If Disney offers a room only discount, it will likely be 30% off for BC or YC, which would be $318 on Friday and Saturday and $271 for Sunday standard view. If he were willing to rent points for a DVC studio at BC, it would be around $229/night, but that would mean a queen and a pull-out and it would absolutely need to be done at the 11 month mark, because those resorts are super popular during Food and Wine.
jimandami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 09:53 AM   #4
Raya
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimandami View Post
If he were willing to rent points for a DVC studio at BC, it would be around $229/night, but that would mean a queen and a pull-out and it would absolutely need to be done at the 11 month mark, because those resorts are super popular during Food and Wine.
Thanks for mentioning that! I don't know anything about DVC. Is there an official/safe site I can direct him to?
Old 09-10-2013, 10:13 AM   #5
ArwenMarie
DIS Veteran

He should definitely look at the Swan and Dolphin too. It's right there, same area.
Old 09-10-2013, 10:14 AM   #6
AThrillingChase
DIS Veteran

It is maybe possible. But a lot of things would have to fall into place. They would have to offer the 30% via disney, and he would have to book with cheaptickets.com that usually gives 20% off coupon codes that work with the onsite disney hotels (unless orbitz or somewhere offers 20 off as well). I have YC lagoon view for 2 weekend nights and it was a little over $650. So with standard view it could probably be done. The problem would be waiting for disney to release the discounts to book, and hoping it wouldn't all be full. Also, they have not been giving BC the full 30% off every time lately. Probably due to its popularity.

I would probably suggest the DVC idea mentioned by PP, and cheaptickets as a back up.

Edit: Total was $656 including tax.
2012 - Tokyo Disney Sea
May 2013 - Port Orleans Riverside
November 2013 - first solo trip for Wine and Dine! Decided to explore new resorts: CB, YC, POLY
January 2014 - Animal Kingdom Lodge CL. Happy Birthday to me!
March/April 2014 - Coronado Springs/Wilderness Lodge
October 2014 - Beach Club for TOT 10-Miler! AKL/CR for Princess Half Marathon!

Last edited by AThrillingChase; 09-10-2013 at 10:33 AM.
AThrillingChase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 10:18 AM   #7
OrangeCountyCommuter
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raya View Post
A friend asked my advice about a trip next Columbus day weekend, arrive Friday, 10/10/14 and leave Monday, 10/13/14. He wants to stay at the YC or BC.

Here's the question I can't answer: Can he get a room in either hotel for 'around $250 a night'? He's willing to go to $300. And no, he doesn't want to stay anywhere else. The only advice I have for him is to book now and watch for discounts next July/August. But I don't know if those hotels ever go that low. If that rate is even possible, how would you get it?
Nope. Disney thinks that hotel is worth lots and lots and lots of money

Try to move him to the Swan or Dolphin. Same location and he has a decent shot at his desired rate.
OrangeCountyCommuter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 10:51 AM   #8
jimandami
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raya View Post

Thanks for mentioning that! I don't know anything about DVC. Is there an official/safe site I can direct him to?
There is a DVC rent/trade board here with a great informational sticky at the top. A lot of people on here use dvcrequest.com, which is an official partner of the boards and is generally considered to be safe and have great service. That website charges $14 per DVC point, which is where I got the rate I quoted you.
Old 09-10-2013, 11:10 AM   #9
msjprincess
DIS Veteran

It depends. I just came back from a trip to the YC. I booked an agency exclusive deal. I paid $169 a night + tax and fees for a total of $190 a night.

He could try renting points for a studio in the BCVs.
msjprincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 11:11 AM   #10
Raya
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by msjprincess View Post
It depends. I just came back from a trip to the YC. I booked an agency exclusive deal. I paid $169 a night + tax and fees for a total of $190 a night.
Can you PM me the agency information to pass along? I've never worked with a travel agent.
Old 09-10-2013, 11:15 AM   #11
TDC Nala
1937, what a year that was
Diet Coke on Ice or Else
I apparently don't do anything they want to stimulate

DISboards Moderator

At this time? No. Rack rate for the Yacht Club in October is much more than that. Discounts for 2014 are not out yet. But if he won't stay anywhere else then it is likely that he will HAVE to go over the $300 price tag. Especially on a holiday weekend.

Quote:
He could try renting points for a studio in the BCVs. But that might be hard to get at this late date because of the F&WF.
They're looking for 2014, which they would easily be able to book as a rental if they rent from someone who owns there.

He should consider looking at the Swan and Dolphin but since it's more than a year away, you won't see a lot of prices out yet.
Old 09-10-2013, 11:17 AM   #12
msjprincess
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDC Nala View Post
At this time? No. Rack rate for the Yacht Club in October is much more than that. Discounts for 2014 are not out yet.

They're looking for 2014, which they would easily be able to book as a rental if they rent from someone who owns there.

He should consider looking at the Swan and Dolphin but since it's more than a year away, you won't see a lot of prices out yet.
I went back and edited. I read it wrong at first.
msjprincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 11:28 AM   #13
herb102211
DIS Veteran

I also think getting a room that low might be out of the question. We are staying at the YC this Columbus day weekend for 3 nights in a garden view room and paid $327 per night with tax. That price was with the fall discount that was released.

*Food, Wine & Christmas Time..A November 2012 TR*
Wining & Dining Around the World~ An October '13 TR
5/08- Offsite, 5/09- Pop Century, 11/09 (engagement!)- Pop Century, 3/10- Pop Century/Disney Wonder 4 Nt Bahamas, 9/10- Pop Century, 3/11- Beach Club/ Disney Dream 3 Nt Bahamas, 5/11- Beach Club, 10/11- (Disneymoon) Beach Club, 12/11-Beach Club 3/12- BCV/BLT , 5/12- BCV/OKW/BLT, 9/12-BWV/BCV/BLT/AoA, 11/12- BCV 2/13- BCV/OKW, 4/13-BWV, 9/13- BWV, 10/13- Yacht Club , 2/14- BWV, 4/14- BWV/WL, 7/14- Yacht Club-CL, 10/14- Yacht Club 11/14- AoA
Me (28) DH (29)
herb102211 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 11:53 AM   #14
TDC Nala
1937, what a year that was
Diet Coke on Ice or Else
I apparently don't do anything they want to stimulate

DISboards Moderator

Rack rate for that weekend is $524 per night (standard view) at both Yacht and Beach Clubs.

A 40% off deal would be about $314 per night, if he's able to get such a big percentage off. WDW sometimes does offer 40% off rack rates at deluxes. Not sure about a holiday weekend though.
Old 09-10-2013, 12:11 PM   #15
jimandami
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by msjprincess View Post

He could try renting points for a studio in the BCVs.
I agree that was a great deal that a lot of people booked, but it was for August. I just do not see being able to book the same deal for October, especially at a resort so near Epcot/Food and Wine.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: