Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Plan
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-09-2013, 08:19 PM   #1
lovemydeals
Earning My Ears

ddp and crt

We are leaving in a week and all of sudden i have these questions. Anyways, we are on the dining plan. For one of our meals we are going to crt and i want to use our ts credit, however, we had to prepay. So the question, when i get there will they issue me a refund? Do i need to call or do something beforehand so they know we want use or credits and get our $ back. Thanks!
lovemydeals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 12:47 AM   #2
purple figment
DIS Veteran

Since you're leaving in a week, I would just wait until you dine at CRT. Let your server know that you've decided to use the dining plan credits and would like a refund to your credit card. This is not an unusual request.

If you want your card credited now, you can call the dining reservation line and make it very clear that you just want to modify the method of payment. However, there have been problems with CMs cancelling the reservation as the simplest way of refunding the money and then not being able to re-book CRT because someone else who was searching picked up the reservation in the meantime. If the CM wants to cancel the res, hang up and call again for a different CM or wait until you get to CRT.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-10-2013, 08:29 AM   #3
ses1230
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovemydeals View Post
We are leaving in a week and all of sudden i have these questions. Anyways, we are on the dining plan. For one of our meals we are going to crt and i want to use our ts credit, however, we had to prepay. So the question, when i get there will they issue me a refund? Do i need to call or do something beforehand so they know we want use or credits and get our $ back. Thanks!
I would just wait until you get there, then there is no chance of anything happening to the reservation. I have done it a few times ( gotten the refund at the restaurant) and there was no problem, they do it frequently.

1978 CR 2006 CR 2007 OKW 2008 SSR 2009 GF 2010 BLT 2011 BLT 2012 AKV 2013 DCL - Wonder
2013 BC 2014 Pop 2014 BLT
ses1230 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 08:33 AM   #4
smallblackstars
Mouseketeer

We are doing the opposite. We booked CRT using our DDP but have decided to pay OOP. The CM I spoke to a few days ago said that I had just to tell them when I was there as it is pretty common for people to change from DDP credits to OOP and vice versa so I am sure you will be fine

Me (31), DH (26), DD (4), Ninja (2)

smallblackstars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 08:34 AM   #5
scard192
DIS Veteran

I made our CRT ADR at 6AM at 180 days out before we had the dining plan and am just going to wait to get the credit until we go in October. I am afraid we might lose the ADR and won't risk that. We've never done CRT and the kids will be so excited when they find out we are eating there.
Old 09-10-2013, 08:54 AM   #6
laceyinwonderland
Mouseketeer

Same thing here. Pre-paid, now on DDP. When I called to get the credit, I was told there was no way to modify the reservation, that it had to be canceled and re-booked. Of course, there was nothing available, so we will fix it when we get there too!
Dec 2011 POP
Nov 2013 AOA/POP

June 2014 offsite/AKV Happy Bday to ME!
Sept 2014 POFQ
laceyinwonderland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 08:07 PM   #7
lovemydeals
Earning My Ears

Thank you everyone.

My girls are so excited about eating at cinderalla's castle that i will just wait until we get there to do anything. I just dont want to pay for the same meal twice.
lovemydeals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 09:27 PM   #8
lovedworld
Mouseketeer

Same thing happened to me, I booked CRT last May and prepaid on my credit card and now we have the free dining. I called twice and talked to two different CM and both times they told me the reservation would have to be cancelled and a new one made in order to switch to the dining plan. When they checked for a new reservation of course nothing is available. I too am waiting to have my card refunded on the day we eat there. I didn't want to run the risk of losing my reservation by cancelling and trying to rebook. We are having breakfast on my Granddaughters birthday, it is a surprise and I can't wait. So if I were you I would go that route.
lovedworld is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: