Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-10-2013, 09:51 AM   #16
dl0015
Earning My Ears

What disappointed me the most was the behavior of the teenagers, I know, go figure. But it drives me nuts when I see ladies holding their kids and nobody will get up and let them sit down.

2007 December WDW 2009 December WDW 2012 March WDW 2013 May WDW
dl0015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 09:57 AM   #17
dixiegirl
sorry but those dolls really creep me out!

This is why I usually avoid the insane times for the busses (ie - park closing). If DH and I stay for let's say Illuminations - we will find a nice park bench in the park to sit on for at least 1/2 hr after the show (no matter how tired we are) and just sit and relax knowing that we are avoiding the bus stop chaos.

By the time we mosey our way to the bus stop we usually quite literally walk on the bus.

People get really intense when they are cranky and tired after a long day at the parks. It's sad to see - especially when there are children present.

POR Annual Oct trips 10/96-10/13
Next trip - 10/17/14-10/25/14 POR
dixiegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-10-2013, 10:06 AM   #18
DrummerDad
Earning My Ears

Have not been to WDW with the kids yet, but every time we have gone to DL I am reminded of how well behaved my kids are.
DrummerDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 10:41 AM   #19
Masonmj84
DIS Veteran

It's stories like this that help motivate us to do split stays at resorts near the parks so that we don't have to deal with the crazy park closing bus situation.

For example, on our next trip, we're planning to stay at CR during the night we stay for Wishes and at BC during the night we stay for Illuminations.
Old 09-10-2013, 10:45 AM   #20
AThrillingChase
DIS Veteran

In May there was a problem with a POR bus at the end of the night that was starting to form what I can only call a riot in the bus line. I want to say a bus broke down back at the resort, like an ECV loading issue? So they got really behind, and then dispatched more busses to catch back up. But they started separating POR and POFQ into two lines and people were getting furious. I think because the signs up front weren't correct, so newcomers were getting directed by CM's into lines ahead of the ones in the original line? Still not entirely sure haha.

One father actually started a chant...but that turned ugly and a transportation manager and some CM's had to come down and talk to him because he started getting in their faces about it.
2012 - Tokyo Disney Sea
May 2013 - Port Orleans Riverside
November 2013 - first solo trip for Wine and Dine! Decided to explore new resorts: CB, YC, POLY
January 2014 - Animal Kingdom Lodge CL. Happy Birthday to me!
March/April 2014 - Coronado Springs/Wilderness Lodge
October 2014 - Beach Club for TOT 10-Miler! AKL/CR for Princess Half Marathon!
AThrillingChase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 02:22 PM   #21
maxiesmom
The Mean Squinty Eye Works Wonders

Quote:
Originally Posted by dl0015 View Post
What disappointed me the most was the behavior of the teenagers, I know, go figure. But it drives me nuts when I see ladies holding their kids and nobody will get up and let them sit down.
I used to think that too until I realized that I couldn't point out anyone and say I knew for sure they didn't need their seat.

I also look at it this way: If I am with my family at WDW and I know someone can't stand on the bus, then they don't. It is easy to step aside and wait for a bus with open seating. And if that is not a good solution, renting a car is always an option. If it is my family it is up to me to see that their needs are met. If I am too lazy/cheap to do that, then it is ridiculous to expect total strangers to do it for me.
Old 09-10-2013, 02:30 PM   #22
kellylfitz
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxiesmom View Post
I used to think that too until I realized that I couldn't point out anyone and say I knew for sure they didn't need their seat.

I also look at it this way: If I am with my family at WDW and I know someone can't stand on the bus, then they don't. It is easy to step aside and wait for a bus with open seating. And if that is not a good solution, renting a car is always an option. If it is my family it is up to me to see that their needs are met. If I am too lazy/cheap to do that, then it is ridiculous to expect total strangers to do it for me.
I think this is a good thing for people to remember. I'm 36 and look perfectly normal to the average observer if I'm sitting on a bus seat, but if you look closely, you'll probably see my right hand shaking a little and that my right side looks really stiff when I walk because of Parkinson's disease.

The parks wear me down and I really need the seat even though it might appear that I don't.
kellylfitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 04:53 PM   #23
Spacepest
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kellylfitz View Post
I think this is a good thing for people to remember. I'm 36 and look perfectly normal to the average observer if I'm sitting on a bus seat, but if you look closely, you'll probably see my right hand shaking a little and that my right side looks really stiff when I walk because of Parkinson's disease.

The parks wear me down and I really need the seat even though it might appear that I don't.
I'm about your same age and have a hidden injury as well and sometimes I just need to sit down or I will fall over, and there are days when I limp really badly or can't stand for long periods of time. I can't tell you how many times I've gotten dirty looks from people on buses, or me sitting on benches, often followed with interesting comments. For some of the more irritating people I've actually lifted up my skirt or pant leg to show them all the surgical scars on my leg to shut them up. I've gotten to the point where I no longer require an ECV or a wheelchair, but oh man--the time I did need to use those devices, I had to deal with so many strangers treating me like I was "faking it" because the rest of me looked young and healthy.

And TBH, strangers don't pay my medical bills. I'd rather endure their nasty looks and judgment than fall over, re-injure myself, and have to go back to the hospital.
Spacepest is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: