Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-09-2013, 03:47 PM   #1
monica9
DIS Veteran

Why is Beach Club your favorite resort.....

Why do you like Beach club best (or at least it being in the top 3).

ARe there things you didn't like about it?

Please state where else you have stayed on property if its not in your signature.

We just booked BC for Dec 1-7 lagoon and pool view. CAn't wait!

Also, is there a certain area I should request so we are closer to main pool?

Thanks!

Monica
Disney as a child: '82 CR,'84, CR,'85 CR,'87 CR,'88 CR,'89 CR....Disney as an adult: '03 off property, '04 off property, '10 1 day off cruise, '11 CBR (DD first trip!), 2012 WL, 2013 December 2013 BC Hoping for Fall 2015
DH(40) : Me(34) DD(6)
monica9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 03:53 PM   #2
amg35
DIS Veteran

Hi,

We like it because you can walk to Epcot and DHS, or take the boat! We found the rooms to be clean and roomy. We love the pool, the grounds, being close to the Boardwalk. Really, we just enjoyed the whole atmosphere. It's pretty awesome to be able to pop into Epcot for food and pop back out, or to be able to walk "home" at night from two different parks.

Bus service was fine, not great, not bad.

I know people dislike the lack of counter service, but we found the Marketplace to be just fine for grab and go food, I actually had one of the best sandwiches from there. Cape May is a great character breakfast option, plus Yacht Club has good sit downs also. And the Boardwalk Bakery is in walking distance with some great sandwiches (and desserts!) Plus everything at Epcot!

I've also stayed at Yacht Club - would give same review
Shades of Green - nice, but we don't qualify to stay there anymore
And Polynesian - early 80's, no real opinion anymore!
amg35 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-09-2013, 03:59 PM   #3
jimandami
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by amg35 View Post
Hi,

We like it because you can walk to Epcot and DHS, or take the boat! We found the rooms to be clean and roomy. We love the pool, the grounds, being close to the Boardwalk. Really, we just enjoyed the whole atmosphere. It's pretty awesome to be able to pop into Epcot for food and pop back out, or to be able to walk "home" at night from two different parks.

Bus service was fine, not great, not bad.

I know people dislike the lack of counter service, but we found the Marketplace to be just fine for grab and go food, I actually had one of the best sandwiches from there. Cape May is a great character breakfast option, plus Yacht Club has good sit downs also. And the Boardwalk Bakery is in walking distance with some great sandwiches (and desserts!) Plus everything at Epcot!

I've also stayed at Yacht Club - would give same review
Shades of Green - nice, but we don't qualify to stay there anymore
And Polynesian - early 80's, no real opinion anymore!
These are pretty much all the reason we love it as well!! Have stayed at AKV, BLT, WL, AoA, BWV, CSR, and POFQ. BC is definitely a favorite, with BW close behind. There is just something so magical about that entire Crescent Lake area!
jimandami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 05:05 PM   #4
clapton
Mouseketeer

As previous posters stated we just love the resort and the atmosphere, and we have been going to WDW for a very long time and have just about stayed everywhere on property except OKW and SSR.
clapton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 05:13 PM   #5
catho72
DIS Veteran

I love the theme and decor of Beach Club. The rooms and lobby are pretty...LOVE the colors. Stormalong Bay is the BEST pool on Disney property. When my kids were asked which park was their favorite, they replied "our resort!". We ate most of our lunches at Hurricane Hannah's while enjoying SAB. All of the CM's are friendly...they really are wonderful!

It's close to Epcot, DHS, Boardwalk, Swan/Dolphin....so many additional food choices. The boat ride to and from DHS is very relaxing. I enjoy running in the morning around the lagoon. I hate running but enjoying running there....call me crazy!

Beaches and Cream has the best burgers and fries at WDW and the Kitchen Sink is a must-do dessert for our family. It's also fun getting a shake from the take-out window and enjoying it in the evening at SAB.

The showers in the health club are a wonderful way to get clean after spending the morning/afternoon at SAB on departure day.

Spending the evenings on the beach watching movies and having a campfire are fun ways to enjoy the resort as well.

If you haven't figured it out already, Beach Club is our favorite resort!

Pop on over to the YC/BC FAQ thread.....we are a friendly bunch and you'll learn a lot about the resort!

2/02 Holiday Inn (now Nick Hotel) 2/08 POR 9/08 POR 6/09 Regal Sun/Windsor Hills 7/10 Windsor Hills 7/11 Windsor Hills/AKL/BLT 7/12 Beach Club/AKL 7/13 BC CL 2/14 POP/SSR for PHM weekend 6/14 POR/BC CL/AoA split stay

catho72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 08:32 PM   #6
Micka Mouse
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by catho72 View Post
I love the theme and decor of Beach Club. The rooms and lobby are pretty...LOVE the colors. Stormalong Bay is the BEST pool on Disney property. When my kids were asked which park was their favorite, they replied "our resort!". We ate most of our lunches at Hurricane Hannah's while enjoying SAB. All of the CM's are friendly...they really are wonderful!

It's close to Epcot, DHS, Boardwalk, Swan/Dolphin....so many additional food choices. The boat ride to and from DHS is very relaxing. I enjoy running in the morning around the lagoon. I hate running but enjoying running there....call me crazy!

Beaches and Cream has the best burgers and fries at WDW and the Kitchen Sink is a must-do dessert for our family. It's also fun getting a shake from the take-out window and enjoying it in the evening at SAB.

Spending the evenings on the beach watching movies and having a campfire are fun ways to enjoy the resort as well.

If you haven't figured it out already, Beach Club is our favorite resort!
My biggest fear is "messing up" the resort. We've stayed at CBR for our last 2trips, but I really want to try BC. My oldest wants to stay at CR because of Chef Mickey and the Monorail. My youngest wants to stay at CBR because she loves it there. It's "our hotel" ! I want to try BC because of SAB and because we can walk to Epcot....that's a huge draw for DH, since we really enjoy Epcot.

Your post has me thinking it might be time to switch resorts ! Who am I kidding? I'm excited!!! Heading over to BC/YC thread right now
Old 08-09-2013, 09:58 PM   #7
katiee37
DIS Veteran

Stormalong Bay!!! Such a fun pool, and I'm not much of a swimmer so normally I couldn't care less about a hotel pool.

Epcot is my family's favorite park so it was always nice to have it within walking distance. EMH PM was especially easy to do here. HS is actually our least favorite, but it was nice we weren't spending long amounts of commuting time just to go to a park for a few hours. I actually overcame my phobia of boats on the boat from BC to HS and back. I'm still proud of myself for this!

The boardwalk fun mimics the Boardwalk in Ocean City, MD in terms of entertainment, and since it's our most visited family vacation spot it's nice to have that near us too.

You can see some parts of IllumiNations from the pool, from the Boardwalk, and even from my fourth floor room, so that's always a plus.

Although my goal is to stay at as many WDW resorts as possible, I foresee returning to BC especially since my mom enjoyed it so much.

See my signature for my couple others!
January 2014 Art of Animation--Celebrating my birthday January 2014 PTR
January 2015--Running the 5K and (yikes) possibly the Half Marathon!

katiee37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 10:36 PM   #8
Couchy
DIS Veteran

Storm Along Bay rocks
Walk to Epcot and DHS
All the choices of places to eat between BC/YC/BWI/S/D

The whole atmosphere rocks. The greeter Teena is awsome
The BC thread here on the DIS is the bomb

4 trips as a kid.2002-Westgate, 2004 -Hilton DTD, 2005 -Westgate, 2007 -Royal Sun DTD, 2008 Hilton DTD, April 2011 -Swan, Dec 2011-Dolphin/ Yacht Club , Feb 2012 -Solo@Swan , April 2012-Dolphin with our friends, june/july 2012 - Beach Club
Couchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 10:43 PM   #9
mrsclark
Mouseketeer

Storm Along Bay is amazingly awesome - we LOVE it
Very quick walk to Epcot
Boat ride or nice walk to DHS
Great theme - relaxing too!
Did I mention the wonderful, gorgeous pool???

Only two complaints:
Bus service to AK, MK and DTD seems very very slow. We always get PH, so sometimes, we would just cut through Epcot and ride the monorail to MK - I am aware that this probably didn't save us any time at all, but it more fun to be on the move than standing at the bus stop for 30-40 minutes

QS Option - wish there was a wider variety of food choices at the QS (in the main gift shop) - we liked the QS at AKL much better

2013 - BCV (MNSSHP too!) plus Loews RP at US/IOA
2013 - Disney Magic Cruise - one day port adventure at WDW
2012 - BC (MNSSHP & Epcot F&W too!)
2011 - BCV (MNSSHP too!)
2009 - AKL (MNSSHP & Epcot F&W too!) plus Loews RP at US/IOA
2007 -Honeymoon at AKL (MNSSHP & Epcot F& W too!)

2005 - All Star Music - college spring break with my mom!
1995 - Dixie Landings/ 1993 - All Star Sports/ 1992 and Earlier - 3-4+ Offsite trips - for an exact count ask my mom!
mrsclark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 07:06 AM   #10
darkwing818
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Couchy View Post
Storm Along Bay rocks
Walk to Epcot and DHS
All the choices of places to eat between BC/YC/BWI/S/D
Just about sums it up for us as well, we just got back from our June vacation & scheduled to go back in October F&WF
darkwing818 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 09:06 AM   #11
DreamerWDW
Doing what dreamers do

My family would put the BCV in our top 3 favorite places to stay. We are DVC members so not technically BC though. It has remained one of our favorites for years for several reasons.

LOVE the pool. Stormalong Bay is just amazing! We love Hurricane Hanna's too.

Location is incredible. Epcot is beyond convenient and the walk to HS is one of my favorite walks in all of WDW.

We like being by the Boardwalk for nighttime activities. Plus the lobby of the BC always has a great vibe to it. We love Cape May being right there along with Beaches and Cream. Captain's Grille is great too and just a short walk to the YC. Crescent lake is just beautiful.

Have a great trip!!!
Old 08-10-2013, 09:08 AM   #12
DisGirl819
Then I thought about it and realized I'm crazy!!

Walking distance to Epcot.

Storm along bay.

Cape may cafe.

The relaxed decor

This is our all time favorite resort

DLR: 2010, 2009, 2008...back to first trip 1990
WDW: 1985, 1996, 2006, 2009, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014
CSR, CBR, AKV-K, BCV, BC-CL, POFQ, WL, CR

DisGirl819 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 09:12 AM   #13
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Location, Location, Location!!!

Walking to EPCOT is da bomb!!!

I also love the cast members (Teena the greeter is wonderful) and the décor.

Stormalong Bay is great, but I would stay at the Beach Club even if the resort only had regular pools. We don't really use the pools that much at Disney.

My only other on-property stays were All Star Music (family trip) and All Star Movies (8th grade class trip)

If you want a LOT more BC love, click on the link in my signature. The first page of the FAQ thread has lots of great info and pictures, and the thread is a fun, friendly place to hang out and ask questions.

Dee
natebenma is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 09:37 AM   #14
karensi
Taking grandchildren to WDW will be a magical experience!

We will be staying at BCV the 1st week of September.
I have seen some mention of the campfire and movies at the BC but really know nothing about it.
Could anyone please give me some info on this? Do they make the s'mores and have a sing a long like at the Ft Wilderness campfire?
I will be with my 4 DGS and I think this might be a nice way to spend an evening.
Thanks,

Karen
Old 08-10-2013, 10:34 AM   #15
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by karensi View Post
We will be staying at BCV the 1st week of September.
I have seen some mention of the campfire and movies at the BC but really know nothing about it.
Could anyone please give me some info on this? Do they make the s'mores and have a sing a long like at the Ft Wilderness campfire?
I will be with my 4 DGS and I think this might be a nice way to spend an evening.
Thanks,

Karen
Here is the info from the Beach & Yacht Club FAQ- According to this it is a campfire sing-along, but you know, I have never heard anyone mention the singing.

It is just marshmallows and sticks (supplied by the resort, I believe), so for smores you need to bring your own chocolate and graham crackers.

A Campfire Sing-Along and Marshmallow Roast is held nightly on the beach in front of SAB. According to recent reports, marshmallows and sticks are provided but if you want to make 'smores you need to bring your own chocolate and graham crackers. I believe these items are available for purchase at the BC Marketplace.

Following the campfire nightly is "Movies Under the Stars".

Thanks for the photos kldmom2000 and JanetMom

Campfire time for August is 7:30 PM. Movie follows at 9:00 PM.

Movies by the Beach August 2013 Schedule,

Sun- The Incredibles (PG)
Mon- Lilo and Stitch (PG)
Tues- Toy Story 3 (G)
Wed- Tangled (PG)
Thurs- Enchanted (PG)
Fri- Brother Bear(G)
Sat- The Game Plan (PG)

Movie will be moved inside to the Solarium in the event of inclement weather.
natebenma is online now   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: