Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-20-2014, 03:23 PM   #1
kiwi2013
Mouseketeer

Can I book 2 resorts for the same dates...choosing park hopper

I know downpayment is required,but I'm wondering will Disney allow 2 reservations to be booked under 1 name for 2 different resorts during the same time frame...I'm trying to make sure I have a resort for free dining/room discount just in case my current reservation/first choice is not included

Just checked the park hours for late Sept/early Oct 2014 and it doesnt seem as if parks are open late....park hopper is costing me an extra $170....not sure if its worth the extra money....

Suggestions/input greatly appreciated
kiwi2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2014, 03:35 PM   #2
Allison
- Join date March 2004 -

I am not sure understand your question. Having a current reservation at a resort that comes out with a discount doesn't give you any kind of advantage. There still needs to be rooms available under the discount when you call to get the discount.

I am not sure what this would do for you.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-20-2014, 03:44 PM   #3
Viva Las Disney
DIS Veteran

This is a common misconception. By doing this you would actually decrease your chances of getting a discount offer because Disney will only offer discounts if they need to fill empty rooms.

As Allison said any existing reservations wouldn't qualify for the offer anyway so you'd still have to reserve a new room after a discount was offered, there is no advantage to booking early as far as offers are concerned. You could book one so you can make dining reservations and guarantee you have a room in a resort you like (in case no offers come out and the resort you like sells out) but booking 2 doesn't provide any advantage.
Old 04-20-2014, 04:20 PM   #4
mom2cinderella
Shut up baby, I know it.

Here's how I explained it on another thread. Hope this helps!

Quote:
Having a room already booked doesn't help you - in fact it can hurt.

Say (for simplicity's sake) that Pop has 100 rooms. Disney sees that 95 rooms are booked for the first week of September and it's only April. No need to offer a discount for Pop!

Now say that only 20 rooms are booked - you and 19 others. Disney says hmmm....let's make 30 Pop rooms available for the Free Dining promotion. 30 people who did not previously have a reservation call in and book. Then you call in. The 30 rooms set aside for FD are filled and you will not get the discount.
GF 9/14
me: CSR 4/03 Poly 10/04 ASMo 1/07 CR 12/08 CBR 9/10
GF 9/14
Z: CSR 4/03 WL 8/04 Poly 10/04 CR 5/05 ASMo 1/07 CR 12/08WL 3/11
GF 9/14
E1: CSR 4/03 Poly 10/04 CR 5/05 ASMo 1/07 CR 12/08WL 3/11ASMo 3/12 ASSp 3/13
GF 9/14
E2: ASMo 1/07 CR 12/08 CBR 9/10ASSp 3/13
GF 9/14
mom2cinderella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2014, 04:30 PM   #5
o0quirkygirl0o
just a little mischievous

1) The park hours are usually extended closer to the month depending on how Disney thinks the crowds will be. Many nights in September/October have early closings at MK because of MNSSHP.

2) No. This will not help. This will actually hurt your chances of getting FD. You should only book a trip if you are sure you want to go weather or not you get the discount. If you are counting on the discount, don't book until it comes out. Otherwise Disney thinks it's rooms are already booked and the don't need a discount to sell them.

Additionally, the discounts will come out online before they come out on the phone. Fresh bookings can book online. If you are modifying, a phone agent has to cancel your previous booking and re-book under the offer. And, all those online people may have already grabbed the room you wanted.

Last, be prepared to change category or resort if you want FD. Some resorts rarely offer it, or only offer a really limited number of rooms. Flexibility is key. And watching like a hawk for when the discount comes out. Good luck!

Me DH
o0quirkygirl0o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2014, 05:42 PM   #6
bigbabyblues
DIS Veteran

We never add the park hopper until we want to use it. Some trips, we add it the first day, other trips, we never decide to hop. It is the same price, regardless.
bigbabyblues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2014, 06:23 PM   #7
gtpoohbear
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwi2013 View Post
I know downpayment is required,but I'm wondering will Disney allow 2 reservations to be booked under 1 name for 2 different resorts during the same time frame...I'm trying to make sure I have a resort for free dining/room discount just in case my current reservation/first choice is not included

Just checked the park hours for late Sept/early Oct 2014 and it doesnt seem as if parks are open late....park hopper is costing me an extra $170....not sure if its worth the extra money....

I have had two resort ressies for the same dates before, while I figured out what we were doing. So the system doesn't prevent you. However, like others have said, it won't help you for discounts since you have to change the ressie to a discounted room if/when they come out. If you are dependent on a discount, you are better off not booking anything until they are released, since they will release more if bookings are low.

All Trip Reports & Photo Albums are located here!
Previous Trips: 2008: Poly | 2010: CBR | 2012: ASMo | 2013: YC | 2014: AKL, AoA | 2014: POR
Upcoming Trips: 12/14 - WL | 7/15 - ASMusic | 3/16 - DCL Fantasy - W.Car (7 nights)
gtpoohbear is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2014, 06:43 PM   #8
BellsFam
Mouseketeer

Quote:

Yes, you can have two reservations under one name for the same exact date and time... (at least I did for about 4 days)... I booked both the GF and the WL for the same date/time and Disney didn't seem to have a problem with it... they did charge me $400 though, $200 for each.

I had booked the GF, then when DH decided he didn't want the GF he wanted the WL, I booked the WL before cancelling the GF reservation...(to make sure I had at least one hotel...) I can't tell you why it took 4 days to cancel, except to say I'm forgetful! I didn't even notice it until I started making ADR's!

Disney didn't (seem to) care, they sent me an "Incredible's" welcome book for both reservations! I don't think they will care until the payment due date has approached...

However, I did not do this to obtain free dining (on either resort)... I did it to secure a resort to go on vacation and changed my mind which one...

I've seen people opt to add a day (if your schedule permits) and stay one night at a "throwaway hotel" to get another day of park ticket over park hopper... I don't know if that's why it's done necessarily, but I added a day to our schedule so I didn't have to pay the $191.70!
*WDW Polynesian Concierge 05/2003 ~ *Universal Studios Wyndham Orlando Resort 06/2004 ~ *Honeymoon Grand Velas, Puerto Vallarta 09/2006 ~ *Western Caribbean Cruise, Carnival 05/2007 ~ *Nothing for a few years ~ *WDW Swan 09/2012 ~ *WDW Lake Buena Vista Resort 05/2013 ~
BellsFam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 01:36 PM   #9
kiwi2013
Mouseketeer

Maybe I am confused /misinformed about reservations and free dining/discounts.....this is the first year I am going without using a travel agent...so during promotion time she would call me and say I had free dining....I didnt realize she had to cancel previous reservation to make a new one
I currently have my resort booked,so if I am reading the above comments correctly,there is no guarantee that I will get free dining/room discount on that room reservation,instead I may have to cancel and re-book?
Old 04-21-2014, 01:39 PM   #10
Allison
- Join date March 2004 -

Quote:
Maybe I am confused /misinformed about reservations and free dining/discounts.....this is the first year I am going without using a travel agent...so during promotion time she would call me and say I had free dining....I didnt realize she had to cancel previous reservation to make a new one
I currently have my resort booked,so if I am reading the above comments correctly,there is no guarantee that I will get free dining/room discount on that room reservation,instead I may have to cancel and re-book?
That is correct. It is not automatically applied. You have to call and alter the reservation subject to availability under that discount.
Old 04-21-2014, 01:47 PM   #11
kiwi2013
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allison View Post
That is correct. It is not automatically applied. You have to call and alter the reservation subject to availability under that discount.
And now I know why I trusted Travel Agents each trip...Thanks everyone for all the help

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: